geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

TMK IBM PC Keyboard Converter

<< < (44/47) > >>

aihk:

--- Quote from: RonnocDa on Sat, 08 May 2021, 00:07:04 ---I'll do one better and quickly set up a breadboard with Reset wired in.

Here's a list of the keyboards which are working perfectly
RT8255c+
RT-101+
C260 Enhanced Keyboard (Deyi foam and foil)
Northgate Omnikey 101
Zenith ZKB-2
BTC5339
APC-H410E
IBM 5576-001 (except keys outside range of ps/2)
Toshiba JIS AT101 (rear metal label very helpfully reads キーボード and serial number only  :) )
Dell AT101 - GYI3PVAT101 (old logo)
Wang 724
Unicomp Model M
IBM P70 Keyboard

--- End quote ---

Could you tell me what Wang 724 use hex

Timpanogos Slim:
Anybody consider making an internal hard-wire version, say with pads for a USB-C female and holes that would accept a common captive USB2 cable?

I decided to revive my old Omnikey 101, which i bought new when i wasn't so old. Can't find the original cable so i ordered a replacement. And it occurred to me that it wouldn't be hard to design a printable USB-C bulkhead that replaces the mini-din socket on it.

I may design that alone and see if i can implement this on an atmega32u4 "beetle" development board, which is a tiny thing designed to plug directly into a USB-A female socket, and thus has nice big pads for the usb connection.

hasu:
[FIRMWARE UDPATE]
Updated source code and prebuilt firmware files. You can access new firmware on github repo or Keymap Editor.

Added PS/2 mouse and secondary interface support. Also fixed ISO key mapping on XT keyboard.

Using PS/2 Y-splitter cable you can  keyboard and mouse, or two keyboards at same time now.
If you have TMK IBMPC(PS/2) converter you can try the feature instantly. This is a fun at least!

2021-08-17 Fix XT keymap for ISO key.
2021-07-07 Add support for secondary interface and PS/2 Mouse(IntelliMouse, ExplorerMouse and Logitech PS/2++)

Chalkboard:
For keyboards that have two sets of F1-F12 keys, is it possible to use the firmware to remap one set of F keys to be something different from the other set of F keys? I assume that would be difficult to do since they send the same scan codes.

Examples of keyboards:
Northgate Omnikey Ultra/Ultra-T
Focus FK-5001
Gateway AnyKey
Ortek MCK-142 Pro

hasu:
If the two keys have same scan code they are logically same key. The converter can't discriminate them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version