geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

TMK IBM PC Keyboard Converter

<< < (50/51) > >>

Wingklip:
Hi! Long time no see 🙏
I can't seem to get the new IBM firmware working at all on my pro micros, is there any way for it to work? Do I need higher resistance pull-ups? Does it even lift? 😂

Your firmware for ADB keyboards work fine but apparently I couldn't ever get the PS/2 side of things working :(

I have 2K worth of resistors per clock and data and even an extra cap on the VCC to ground line. Should I put an inductor between VCC and the supply line to the keyboard, so the pro micro has enough voltage to boot first?

Or am I missing something simple? The J1 pin is soldered, and all the soarer type conversions I've made work perfectly fine.

Keyboard lock LEDs light up and turn off, but the listener software catches no keystrokes at all. I would use the v1 firmware if it worked with the 5576, but that doesn't really have any chance with any other converter 🤔

hasu:
- what ohm resistor are you using for pull-up?
Too low resistance won't work and may damage. Use 1-4.7k ohm pull-up, it should work.
Green ones appear to me to be 110 ohm or something. Did you check them with multimeter?

- which model of 5576 is your keyboard?
You better test your converter with normal modern PS/2 keyboard, first.

- what do you get on hid_listen? post it by copy-and-paste.

Check first post, 'Trouble Shoot',  'Firmware'  and 'Pro Micro Caveat' especially.

You may want to use flux to make soldering easier and get better connection stability.

Wingklip:
Pullup is a 1K measuring 0.995k, I have added another resistor in series each but it doesn't make any difference 🤔

5576 Plate Spring by Ricoh, not exactly sure which 002 or 001

I've been testing on a normal keyboard.

There is no HID-Listen output at all, it's not even finding the device 0.0

hasu:
With no hid_listen output I guess you are using probably different firmware or just failed to flash?

Try downloading Default Prebuilt Firmware directly from the open post.

wjrii:

--- Quote from: Wingklip on Wed, 15 May 2024, 00:29:53 ---Pullup is a 1K measuring 0.995k, I have added another resistor in series each but it doesn't make any difference 🤔

5576 Plate Spring by Ricoh, not exactly sure which 002 or 001

I've been testing on a normal keyboard.

There is no HID-Listen output at all, it's not even finding the device 0.0

--- End quote ---

Apologies if this is a stupid suggestion, but did you use the same software to flash the PS/2 firmware as you did the ADB?  I only ask because I recently assembled a Soarer converter, and while QMK Toolbox claimed the flash was done without errors, it turned out it wasn't flashing at all, and while I was seeing the HID profile built into the default Pro Micro firmware, HID listen didn't see anything. Nothing worked of course.  I had to download avrdude separately and flash with that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version