Author Topic: [IC] GMK Prussian Blue - GB Indefinitely Postponed  (Read 111274 times)

Offline azzipa

Re: [IC] GMK Prussian Blue
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 15:13:04 »
cz. wygląda naprawdę dobrze. hoping you will consider 1.5u System and 1u Alt for hhkb and macos users. also, an R1 "=" for numpad would be useful but i know some keys have to be left out. powodzenia  :thumb:

edit: 1.5u Super keys, sweet! dz!
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 March 2022, 10:35:53 by azzipa »

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 15:33:01 »
cz. wygląda naprawdę dobrze. hoping you will consider 1.5u System and 1u Alt for hhkb and macos users. also, an R1 "=" for numpad would be useful but i know some keys have to be left out. powodzenia  :thumb:

The 1.5u System and 1u Alt/AltGr keys are already present. R1 Numpad equals is something I felt I had to trim, even though I do like it personally.

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 16:14:01 »
I like it!
Prussian Blue is quite a famous pigment historically, that it when it came out, it even spread its use all the way to the East, where in fact Japanese woodblock prints like the famous "The Great Wave off Kanagawa" made use of it. (A quick fun article for those curious on the influence of pigment: https://quintessenceblog.com/prussian-blue-the-art-and-science-of-color/).

I was curious about the rationale behind the inclusion of the"Escape" button in the base kit.
I think making R3 "Control" an icon legend instead of text for that modifier would be better for visual consistency too.

Will new sublegend molds be made for that base kit too? Just from an aesthetic perspective, they seem a touch large in the renders, and shrinking them a bit in size might look better?

That's a really slick logo (<3 hunghingdailo).
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 December 2021, 16:17:48 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline LaserCrafter

• reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 16:18:56 »
iso-de base kit so good
Keyboard Collection: Unikorn, Orion v2.5, Orion v3, Realforce 87u, Viper v3, NMB RT8756CGR, Unicorn x Legend, Das II, TC-V3, Jetfire, Wang 325-3770, Lightpad v2

Keyset Collection: OG Doubleshots, CRP 2551 R4, Muted 2, Cyan R1, WoB, DCS Wyse, ISO OG POM, ePBT Blanks, BSP Blanks, BoW + Gigachild

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 17:19:01 »
I like it!
Prussian Blue is quite a famous pigment historically, that it when it came out, it even spread its use all the way to the East, where in fact Japanese woodblock prints like the famous "The Great Wave off Kanagawa" made use of it. (A quick fun article for those curious on the influence of pigment: https://quintessenceblog.com/prussian-blue-the-art-and-science-of-color/).

I was curious about the rationale behind the inclusion of the"Escape" button in the base kit.
I think making R3 "Control" an icon legend instead of text for that modifier would be better for visual consistency too.

Will new sublegend molds be made for that base kit too? Just from an aesthetic perspective, they seem a touch large in the renders, and shrinking them a bit in size might look better?

That's a really slick logo (<3 hunghingdailo).

The 1.5u Escape and Delete keys are used for Vortex Race 3 and physical Ergodoxian support.

I really don’t like the control icon in this context. The design language I’m following here has to do with key purposes rather than position. The text legend stays.

As for the tertiary legends, which are you referring to? The new polish capital letters match the typeface and sizing of the primary capitals.

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 17:40:30 »
The 1.5u Escape and Delete keys are used for Vortex Race 3 and physical Ergodoxian support.

I really don’t like the control icon in this context. The design language I’m following here has to do with key purposes rather than position. The text legend stays.

As for the tertiary legends, which are you referring to? The new polish capital letters match the typeface and sizing of the primary capitals.
Ah fair enough. I don't know anything about Polish layout, but given that they are alternative capitals, it makes sense they match the size of the primary capitals.
Visually, I guess I'm partly used to kana sublegends which tend to be a smaller size/stroke weight when they're in the tertiary position which led to my initial impression that they looked a bit large at first glance.

Offline maximize

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 17:45:04 »
RIP to anyone triggered by those Mech27 renders lmao. The set looks amazing. I love that blue.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 December 2021, 17:53:51 by maximize »

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 18:18:22 »

Ah fair enough. I don't know anything about Polish layout, but given that they are alternative capitals, it makes sense they match the size of the primary capitals.
Visually, I guess I'm partly used to kana sublegends which tend to be a smaller size/stroke weight when they're in the tertiary position which led to my initial impression that they looked a bit large at first glance.

Ah, gotcha. With kana, you’re switching alphabets, so it’s easier to play with sizing and such. For the Polish Programmers’ layout, it’s still the Latin alphabet. The additional letters with diacritics are accessed via AltGr.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 18:27:48 »
(Polish/US base) What's the R3 1.5u key for? I think that and the second R4 1u Ctrl can be removed.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 18:31:19 »
(Polish/US base) What's the R3 1.5u key for? I think that and the second R4 1u Ctrl can be removed.

1.5u caps lock provides physical Boardwalk / Ergo support. Second 1u Ctrl is specifically for G80/1800 support.

(These are not kitting decisions I widely recommend, more just my personal preference, like the Vortex Race 3 support)

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 19:50:06 »
late to the party but i super love this

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 20:06:24 »
I’ll get a set.

Offline azzipa

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 20:29:50 »
The 1.5u System and 1u Alt/AltGr keys are already present. R1 Numpad equals is something I felt I had to trim, even though I do like it personally.

bad combo of a head cold and small phone screen. thanks, and i’m in!

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 00:00:54 »
GLWIC, NoPun!

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 02:58:00 »
SOLD
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline hussar_name

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 03:46:45 »
This reminds me of gmk triumph adler, the most disappointing set ever. I'd be interested if we can see a color sample before.

Offline robsta

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 04:09:01 »
base kit with full german support? i go for it!

[img width=198 height=78]

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 04:47:27 »
This reminds me of gmk triumph adler, the most disappointing set ever. I'd be interested if we can see a color sample before.

I can vouch that the designer (NoPunIn10ded) will happily take a pic of the said color he chose in the OP (he even gave the color code), from the RAL color book.

Offline hussar_name

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 06:24:36 »

I can vouch that the designer (NoPunIn10ded) will happily take a pic of the said color he chose in the OP (he even gave the color code), from the RAL color book.

RAL means nothing. Cherry isn't able to match a color, this happens regularly.

Offline bukowski

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 07:09:02 »
A german base set? Oh wow.

I am super-in!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 10:49:34 »

this has to be bait
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline actress

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 17:14:45 »
I like the colour. Would personally prefer text + icon mods.

Offline hussar_name

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 03 December 2021, 02:20:05 »

this has to be bait

Have ever seen triumph adler renderings vs final product?

Or gmk plum?

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=83969.700

They simple make an horrible job in matching colors to renderings or RALs. Furtermore in picture colors look always more vibrant than they are, and the "shine" a little only if ligth intensity is very high. I always go for bright sets because they end up being just dull.

Offline noorejji

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 03 December 2021, 05:53:49 »
You forgot to mention GMK Necro, that will enforce your argument I’m sure

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 03 December 2021, 08:42:35 »
Can we please not use this set’s thread to grind your axe against GMK?

Offline mmayhem17

• Steam profile
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 03 December 2021, 09:18:56 »
gmk stargaze is another set you should compare the blue imo.
Overall very good quality, i will consider.

Do you know the color standard for that?

Mr. Dandruff removed RAL from IC....

Anyway, I'm in for the uncommon layouts and the nice blue!  :thumb:

Offline hussar_name

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 03 December 2021, 10:00:36 »
I just said "I'd be interested if we can see a color sample before."

All you have to do to end this is to say that you'll ask gmk for a color sample. Or that you won't.

This ends here for me.

Offline nFaiz

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 03 December 2021, 22:19:14 »

All you have to do to end this is to say that you'll ask gmk for a color sample. Or that you won't.

This ends here for me.
Isn’t asking GMK for a color sample standard GB procedure?

Offline mr_fro2000

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 04 December 2021, 03:05:42 »
I've been a bit of a grinch when it comes to some of the more recent sets... lately nothing really does it for me... this however looks like a must cop.  I'll probably go in on this and hope the colors come out as presented.  Was recently disappointed w/ Deep Navy and I kinda don't want to go through that again...

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #79 on: Sat, 04 December 2021, 10:31:07 »

This ends here for me.
Isn’t asking GMK for a color sample standard GB procedure?

They’ve apparently stopped doing that pre-GB. The queue is just too long for them to keep up with orders that haven’t actually been placed yet.

Offline hussar_name

« Reply #80 on: Sat, 04 December 2021, 13:09:16 »
made a thread about color matching, so we stop posting here

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=115538.msg3098136

Offline krzank

« Reply #81 on: Sat, 18 December 2021, 17:23:05 »
I want it, both sets. Please make it happen.

Offline krzank

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 18 December 2021, 17:31:37 »
R5 ?

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 19 December 2021, 09:34:35 »
R5 ?

No, that adds a lot of cost, and I personally haven’t used R5 enough to know whether I’d actually like it.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #84 on: Sun, 19 December 2021, 17:44:55 »
R5 ?

No, that adds a lot of cost, and I personally haven’t used R5 enough to know whether I’d actually like it.

it's a novelty that, while popular and arguably cool, isn't necessary unless you want it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline sorathiel

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 17:50:37 »
1.5u "# ' " I must be dreaming. ANSI-DE in an actual set!  :-*

Offline maximize

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 21:03:50 »
Why are you planning to wait until Q3 to run this?

Offline herfalerf

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 21:29:59 »
This ****ty looks litty.

I am convinced that mono sets in nice colors may be as good or better than beige. I slept on crimson cadet and perestroika. I am fully
Awake for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 09:43:39 »
Why are you planning to wait until Q3 to run this?

It's likely it will run earlier.  I just didn't want to rush into things, particularly with a holiday break about to start.  Still lots of logistics to work through.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 10:41:59 »
I never mind the several season wait too much as that often comes with a top tier vendor and high MOQ

Offline Tyson

« Reply #90 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 11:43:06 »
Thank you for offering a UK/Subless kit, will definitely be buying this set. I love the color!

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 18:05:34 »
YAY POLISH

100% in

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 08:53:41 »
Thanks for the UK kit, love the pants off this set.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline vheissu

• Pragmatic Geometrist
« Reply #93 on: Sat, 25 December 2021, 23:42:25 »
In love with this shade of blue and the story behind it. Definitely a buy :D

Offline JomiKarloz

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 25 December 2021, 23:45:54 »
This is the shade of blue that the world needed, love it.

Offline saigou

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 31 December 2021, 09:49:51 »
Hoping for an Asian vendor!

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #96 on: Sat, 01 January 2022, 02:45:01 »
System supers with 2x1.5Us in base kit? Am I dreaming?

instacop

Offline vladimir108

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 06:00:48 »
Dont combine international kits plz, thx  :thumb:

But there is no reason to don't not combine, isn't it? I guess that you don't wanna have just PL + No for full No? For full No you need PL + Int (incl. No). Please keep one international set.

I agree and like it, there are no so many sets with R3 Control as icon.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 08:18:18 »
Dont combine international kits plz, thx  :thumb:

But there is no reason to don't not combine, isn't it? I guess that you don't wanna have just PL + No for full No? For full No you need PL + Int (incl. No). Please keep one international set.

I agree and like it, there are no so many sets with R3 Control as icon.

Full Norwegian layout requires the DE base plus the Nordic addon. The Polish base doesn’t provide enough keys to cover ISO-NO.

Offline vladimir108

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 08:32:38 »
Full Norwegian layout requires the DE base plus the Nordic addon. The Polish base doesn’t provide enough keys to cover ISO-NO.

Sorry, I didn't know. Then doesn't make sense to have German legends (which I like) on keycaps for Norwegian layout no?