geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

PC retro gaming

<< < (5/5)

phinix:
I'm still trying to run Syberia I. Hard with today's hardware, but should work.
Now when latest part is out, I would like to re-do first two parts.
Anyone played?

granola bar enthusiast:
me and my friend are gonna try out old runescape sometime, idk about his opinion on old games but i always loved the look of the early 2000's-90's games

tp4tissue:
real_life is meaningless, live truth in Runescape.

noisyturtle:
There's a big controversy going on in big box retro PC games. Apparently a well known "collector" from Italy has been selling noticeably bad reproductions of rare valuable games like Ultima for years now. A lot a fakes got into collector's hands before anyone noticed. Some even got graded, which further proves how braindead and unreliable grading services are. When you see the side-by-side pics it's totally obvious, the seller literally printed the label wear and damage on the label. Idiot.
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/06/classic-game-fakes-ultima

phinix:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Mon, 06 June 2022, 19:40:03 ---There's a big controversy going on in big box retro PC games. Apparently a well known "collector" from Italy has been selling noticeably bad reproductions of rare valuable games like Ultima for years now. A lot a fakes got into collector's hands before anyone noticed. Some even got graded, which further proves how braindead and unreliable grading services are. When you see the side-by-side pics it's totally obvious, the seller literally printed the label wear and damage on the label. Idiot.
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/06/classic-game-fakes-ultima

--- End quote ---

Jeez, that is heavy. Imagine, you need to pay a lot of money for those old big boxes, he must have pulled a lot of money for this, over 100k euro.
I have maybe 10 of old big boxes, as they are expensive, I cannot collect all I would love to have. But at least I try to get all those that were close to my heart back in the days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version