geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

What to do with a Dolch Pac?

(1/4) > >>

precarious:
So, we all obviously purchase this thing for the keyboard, then we wonder what the hell to do with it afterwards.  After removing the back panel and taking a look at the unusual layout and trillions of screws, I don't think I'm going to continue disassembling it until I develop some idea as to whether I want to gut it and try to fit new stuff in there, or try to do something with the existing hardware.

To the first end, has anyone ever had any luck using the built-in display with newer hardware?

To the second, though I can't find complete specs off hand, it seems this is a Pac 60 probably with an early Pentium CPU.  Windows 3.11 for Workgroups box, perhaps?  With it having been nearly 18 years since I last played it, with my newfound post-pubescent skill & ability I'll finally be able to avoid being devoured alive by that abominable snowman-thing in Ski Free.  Or just play Rodent's Revenge with the Dolch keyboard like a real G.

Of course, if one of you feels you could give it a better home, I'd probably give it away for the cost of shipping. :)

SmallFry:
IIRC it runs Windows 98...

inlikeflynn:
they run different OS depending on the model 60/62/64/65

my 64 runs MS-DOS  :-\

boost:
I tell the seller to keep the pc and send just the keyboard lol

jwaz:
install Linux on it and use it for IRC!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page