Author Topic: The New Guy  (Read 3535 times)

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
The New Guy
« on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 17:23:21 »
Hi everyone,

I'm Rajiv, the newest member of Cooler Master's team and focusing on CM Storm products - primarily mechanical keyboards. I'm also an enthusiast so it's great that I'll be able to talk about product and also help you guys get a better understanding of our direction and to solve issues you may have.

Carter is super busy but makes an effort to visit here when he can. I'll be able to keep up more, so please feel free to keep sharing feedback and I'll be compiling it for us to discuss product direction and keeping our appeal to the enthusiasts.

Cooler Master USA - CM Storm Marketing Team - [CM Storm Trigger CherryMX Green Switch]

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: The New Guy
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 17:24:58 »
Judging from all the posts you put up in the same window of time, we can deduce what time you get out of work  :p

Seriously though? Welcome to GH. We friendly vendor reps....and inside info!  :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 04:10:24 »
Thanks again for joining :)

Do you have any influence over CM in Australia?  One question that a few of us have been asking is: where are the QFR gone in Australia?  None of the usual retailers seem to stock them any more.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 11:25:40 »
Judging from all the posts you put up in the same window of time, we can deduce what time you get out of work  :p

Seriously though? Welcome to GH. We friendly vendor reps....and inside info!  :D

Haha, I have a crazy schedule right now.. I actually follow along from my phone but not a big poster since I'm awful at typing on touch screens.

Appreciate the welcome!

As for CM Storm Australia, I have no say or idea who works there....I'm still pretty new ;)
Cooler Master USA - CM Storm Marketing Team - [CM Storm Trigger CherryMX Green Switch]

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 19:46:25 »
Lots of people here love Cm and how well they have a presence in the community, Even better, they are expanding their presence here. Thanks for joining us and answering the questions. I'm going to get my iron out and fix my QFR later.

I'm glad you are able to join us.

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 08:41:10 »
Welcome Rajiv! Carter has been excellent to us in the community,  and I'm glad that he is busy working on bringing more products to market. :)
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline theultrazord

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 06 February 2013, 15:31:13 »
Its great to see the people who bring the products reach out to the community. Also have you worked somewhere else besides CM Rajiv? I believe I've seen you in some other tech related videos before the CES ones.

On another note, are you guys looking into customization of your products past your aluminum plate design? For instance partnering with league of Legends to release a special edition keyboard or selling replacement case colors for the Quickfire rapid series?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 07:06:52 »
Hi CM-Rajiv, Welcome! Since you mentioned you're also an enthusiast, does that mean you already had a smurf account on here before making this CM-rep account?  ;)

Well to start, I think the more popular request on here is the replacement case/cover for the CM quickfire. Carter said they'd be available a month or two ago, but it seems like he went MIA. Maybe you can take over this one request?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 11:29:53 »
Yay! Welcome, we're glad to have you.
I love Elzy

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 18:43:28 »
Hi CM-Rajiv, Welcome! Since you mentioned you're also an enthusiast, does that mean you already had a smurf account on here before making this CM-rep account?  ;)

Well to start, I think the more popular request on here is the replacement case/cover for the CM quickfire. Carter said they'd be available a month or two ago, but it seems like he went MIA. Maybe you can take over this one request?

These are live now :)

http://www.cmstore-usa.com/quickfire-rapid-replacement-top-panel/