Author Topic: I have a bad keyboard. Please help!QWERUIOP78+9!  (Read 5085 times)

Offline ValerieV

I have a bad keyboard. Please help!QWERUIOP78+9!
« on: Thu, 03 January 2013, 20:03:09 »
As i was typing my problem it shows in qweorup78+9theqrwiuop789+ sqweruiop789+bj qewruiop78+9s qweruiop789+j sbjct lqweruiop78+9ne

qweruiop789+qweruiop789+
This is what the keyboard is doing. It is a quick fire that i got just 2 months ago. Please help me exchange it! It is frustrating.
I am sure you can see that i did not type this stuff. The keyboard is doing it. I have unplugged it, i have restarted my computer, and NOTHING is working to fix the problem.
I have a CM Storm cherry mx blue that works great. This is the brown without branding. Please help me exchange it. I have been a loyal customer in the past and i just am asking for some help.
Thanks,
Valerie

Offline theultrazord

Re: I have a bad keyboard. Please help!QWERUIOP78+9!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 12:44:22 »
I have a MX brown QFR without branding that is also acting up however CM's customer support hasn't responded to me about it still. There must have been a huge backlog.

Offline t2russo

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 13:01:52 »
RMA it, don't try to fix it.  Happened to my roommates unbranded brown, while my older blue with branding is fine.  As with any return deal, prepare to wait, **** is all about paperwork and inefficient management...

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 15:06:39 »
They better reply. I was thinking about getting a cherry mx red from them but i would have no problem paying a little extra to get a WASD keyboard when they come out with tenkeyless version in March. I hear they have great customer support. I don't think they want bad word of mouth coming from this site. Thanks guys for replying to my comment. I appreciate it.

Offline codymaust

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 18:58:01 »
Hope everything gets worked out!

Anyone know how widespread these issues might be? I had an unbranded brown and just picked up an unbranded blue, no issues so far though.

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 19:07:46 »
Mine worked fine for the first month. Now it is basically useless. I wonder how widespread this issue is as well. The fact is, i won't buy another keyboard from them until this issue gets addressed. It is worth me paying more money to get a company who can fix a problem (or not even give me a problem in the first place) and provide good customer service. I just complained a day ago so i will give them a week to respond. After that, WASD here i come. I will give you my money.

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 19:40:44 »
This happened to mine.  The internal cable between the main PCB and the USB PCB was not fully seated.  A similar thing happened to my old Leo when I first got it.
Russ

Offline theultrazord

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 19:52:55 »
Mine worked fine for the first month. Now it is basically useless. I wonder how widespread this issue is as well. The fact is, i won't buy another keyboard from them until this issue gets addressed. It is worth me paying more money to get a company who can fix a problem (or not even give me a problem in the first place) and provide good customer service. I just complained a day ago so i will give them a week to respond. After that, WASD here i come. I will give you my money.

Actually I just got an email back for RMA from the CMstorm rep. Because of holidays it took a while but if you don't want to fix the issue using rknize's information I can at least let you know they are finally responding again and giving out RMAs. They told me to go to http://erma.coolermaster.Com/member/ and register for the RMA.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 January 2013, 20:06:17 by theultrazord »

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 21:27:57 »
Thank you so much. I appreciate your help.

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 09:11:39 »
I emailed the company Friday evening so hopefully i will hear from them by late next week.
Valerie

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 17:21:13 »
Was there a resolution to this issue?
Sorry, I was just made aware of this forum and I just joined GH a few days ago!
Cooler Master USA - CM Storm Marketing Team - [CM Storm Trigger CherryMX Green Switch]

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 19:49:39 »
It was a lot of red tape. After i emailed them twice, i finally got a half ass response and even that had poor direction on it as to what to do. I expected better customer service. I ended up tossing the keyboard all together.  :mad:
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 February 2013, 19:51:11 by ValerieV »

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 11:28:39 »
The red tape, while unfortunate, is there for a reason. We get a steady stream of unscrupulous people who have defrauded our customer service team, and so it's necessary that we protect ourselves.

I really wish I was able to get to help you earlier :( If you decide to purchase another of our keyboards, you can count on me to be part of your service experience.
Cooler Master USA - CM Storm Marketing Team - [CM Storm Trigger CherryMX Green Switch]

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 17:30:49 »
I do understand the red tape. However, i did provide them with the serial number and confirmation of purchase like they requested and it still wasn't enough. The fact that there were other complaints about this keyboard should have showed CM Storm that this was a legitimate claim. All i asked was to exchange the keyboard. I didn't want any money back. I just wanted to exchange it.  :mad: