geekhack Marketplace > Signature Plastics / PimpMyKeyboard

Signature Plastics' DSS tooling

<< < (2/21) > >>

pixelpusher:
Always interested in new profiles.  I've never seen DSS but I see their profile discussed in several forums.  Do they have angled stems? The profile looks bizarre to me on a flat plate.

Findecanor:
I would like to know:
* Will there be support for ISO Enter?
* Is the surface slick (like SA) or textured (like DCS or DSA) ?

--- Quote from: reececonrad on Thu, 18 January 2018, 13:41:07 ---I've never seen DSS but I see their profile discussed in several forums.  Do they have angled stems? The profile looks bizarre to me on a flat plate.

--- End quote ---
In Signature Plastics' info on DSS, it looks to me like it is closer to "OEM profile" in heights but closer to DCS in which angles the top surfaces have. I think I would personally prefer that over SA.

zslane:
In the very first post, Bob said:

--- Quote ---The DSS family is a medium height key with a spherical matte finish touch surface (similar to DSA) and a sculptured profile.
--- End quote ---

SMKNGNZ:
I will post some pics of the 60% board we put together next week. The DSS top surface is a matte finish like the DSA. We need to build a number of shapes before we have it production ready: R3 2.25; R4 2.75; R1 2sp; R3 stepped 1.75; R3/4 vertical 2 space (NP); ISO key; and a 6.25 R3 space bar. A R3 6u SB is already tooled. The board Melissa had at the Seattle meetup had a DCS R4 bar that matched the R4 DSS profile but was nasty to type on.

a_ak57:

--- Quote from: SMKNGNZ on Thu, 18 January 2018, 19:44:52 ---I will post some pics of the 60% board we put together next week. The DSS top surface is a matte finish like the DSA. We need to build a number of shapes before we have it production ready: R3 2.25; R4 2.75; R1 2sp; R3 stepped 1.75; R3/4 vertical 2 space (NP); ISO key; and a 6.25 R3 space bar. A R3 6u SB is already tooled. The board Melissa had at the Seattle meetup had a DCS R4 bar that matched the R4 DSS profile but was nasty to type on.

--- End quote ---

Are the 6u space bar's stems going to be in the same position as the 6u DSA bars, i.e. centered middle stem with outer stems that are considerably closer in than a 6u GMK bar's?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version