Author Topic: Nvidia P383  (Read 7530 times)

Offline Kavik

Nvidia P383
« on: Mon, 01 July 2019, 15:00:23 »
My office is having a "garage sale" today in which a bunch of stuff is free, just in an effort to get rid of it.

One of the items is an old passively cooled Nvidia card with DMS-59 output (I have the adapter for it). I really can't find much about this card online, but I am assuming it's a Quadro series since that's what the rest of our machines have. Based on what I can find on similar looking cards, it has a very low CUDA core count and very low power requirements. I can't even find out how old it is.

Is there any use in keeping this card? I have the impression that on-board graphics will be better or equivalent to this thing. The only use I can think of is for an old computer with no on-board graphics or one whose on-board graphics have failed.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Nvidia P383
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 01 July 2019, 15:05:03 »

Offline Kavik

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 01 July 2019, 15:21:26 »
http://www.dmgstechnology.com/Shop/viewitem.php?productid=37

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks, that also led me to this old video of Logan from the defunct Tek Syndicate.

Figures it's from 2007. That's about the age of all the stuff around here. Based on the specs, it looks pretty useless. I'll probably just leave it here then.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 16:19:14 »
My office is having a "garage sale" today in which a bunch of stuff is free, just in an effort to get rid of it.

One of the items is an old passively cooled Nvidia card with DMS-59 output (I have the adapter for it). I really can't find much about this card online, but I am assuming it's a Quadro series since that's what the rest of our machines have. Based on what I can find on similar looking cards, it has a very low CUDA core count and very low power requirements. I can't even find out how old it is.

Is there any use in keeping this card? I have the impression that on-board graphics will be better or equivalent to this thing. The only use I can think of is for an old computer with no on-board graphics or one whose on-board graphics have failed.

Very outdated it seems from the last commentator. Best be used for scrap.