Author Topic: Going to give making caps a shot. Interest check and preview.  (Read 88098 times)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
  • I specialize in bird law.
Re: Going to give making caps a shot. Interest check and preview.
« Reply #151 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 20:42:00 »
Some new stuff, going to cast some in solid colors tonight to give you guys a clearer look. Anyway, here's some of what I've been spending some time on lately. I feel like they look a lot better in person than they do in the pictures but- I think I finally found my sweet spot in the pressure chamber.
64644-064646-164648-2
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 May 2014, 20:43:39 by Dodgy »
Hi, what's your favorite color?
I'm making keycaps, take a look if you give a damn.
Sale Thread

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #152 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 20:44:13 »
Some new stuff, going to cast some in solid colors tonight to give you guys a clearer look. Anyway, here's some of what I've been spending some time on lately. Think I finally found my sweet spot in the pressure chamber.
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)
WOW! :cool: Loving those even more then your other stuff!

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #153 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 22:54:42 »
Some new stuff, going to cast some in solid colors tonight to give you guys a clearer look. Anyway, here's some of what I've been spending some time on lately. Think I finally found my sweet spot in the pressure chamber.
WOW! :cool: Loving those even more then your other stuff!

Thanks!  :thumb: I've got a few more in the works that I should be able to cast in the next few days- going to cast another round of these right now  :D
Sale Thread

Offline feizor

« Reply #154 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 07:32:25 »
Lookin good!

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #155 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 11:49:05 »
Here's some more under some better light
64702-064704-164706-2
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 May 2014, 12:02:34 by Dodgy »
Sale Thread

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #156 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 13:05:04 »
The pressure casting is giving you much higher resolution.  One thing I found when my caps started to come out with full mold resolution was that whatever you put into the masters will show in the castings you make.

Keep on rocking :)
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline anoxy

• Deal with it
« Reply #157 on: Sat, 17 May 2014, 20:26:55 »
Just found your thread (awesome stuff btw), and now I'm really interested in trying this out for myself. I need a hobby anyway.

I wanted to ask you some questions about the process, but before I do, I want to make sure it's okay with you to ask in your thread.

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #158 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 00:35:11 »
Just found your thread (awesome stuff btw), and now I'm really interested in trying this out for myself. I need a hobby anyway.

I wanted to ask you some questions about the process, but before I do, I want to make sure it's okay with you to ask in your thread.

For sure, ask away! I'm more than happy to give advice and details about what I've learned so far, but be warned- I'm far from an expert.
Sale Thread

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #159 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 01:39:07 »
The pressure casting is giving you much higher resolution.  One thing I found when my caps started to come out with full mold resolution was that whatever you put into the masters will show in the castings you make.

Keep on rocking :)
actually, casting with polyurethanes tends to magnify small features because of shrinkage. the polyurethane (whether cured under pressure or not) conforms to the mold while it's still liquid and malleable, but as it cures, it will shrink (some of that shrinkage is due to offgassing or other rx byproducts, and some of it is due to the basic loss of entropy inherent to liquid to solid phase changes). that shrinkage will magnify certain types of features, like little surface crags, because the material shrinks inward, opening up the craggy-thing.

anyway, bottom-line is that higher resolution does mean more of the surface features of your master show, but at the limit, you may actually need to play around with your casting material to tune shrinkage features in order to really tune the surface features of the cast.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #160 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 11:35:13 »
all good facts, and none I would contest with.  Eliminating bubbles is the first step to the visual resolution of the key.  Blemishes that can occur without pressure may not create the same detail that you are speaking of, but the keys are more visually appealing without blemishes.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #161 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 11:49:58 »
has anyone tried smoothing the inside surfaces of a silicone rubber mold with self-leveling RTV silicone? momentive 112 and 118 have a pretty low viscosity and cure in air. i've also played with toshiba TSE399 (marketed in the US by momentive), which is one of the lowest viscosity RTVs around; it's about as viscous as my krytox thin mix. these thin RTVs have high tack times (pot time, basically), but if you held your mold in a vise and tabbed a little bit on, their viscosities are low enough that gravity will distribute them into the crags, but not add any total mold thickness. also, since they're silicones, they will bond well to the mold, and since they're RTVs they're one-part, oxygen cure.

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #162 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 14:02:27 »
has anyone tried smoothing the inside surfaces of a silicone rubber mold with self-leveling RTV silicone? momentive 112 and 118 have a pretty low viscosity and cure in air. i've also played with toshiba TSE399 (marketed in the US by momentive), which is one of the lowest viscosity RTVs around; it's about as viscous as my krytox thin mix. these thin RTVs have high tack times (pot time, basically), but if you held your mold in a vise and tabbed a little bit on, their viscosities are low enough that gravity will distribute them into the crags, but not add any total mold thickness. also, since they're silicones, they will bond well to the mold, and since they're RTVs they're one-part, oxygen cure.

I'll put an order in today, try this out and report back.
My biggest concern now is exactly what we're talking about, blemish and resolution- since beginning the pressure cast process, now I get every single detail off of my master on my casts, even things I can't see- not always a good thing, you can get a pretty solid partial fingerprint of mine off of the back of one of my caps. I'm not sure the best way to solve this just yet. I'm considering options like gloss coating my masters once they are finished, but I'm worried about getting an even coat on such an organic shape. Also wondering if a different modeling clay or epoxy is a better option, something that I could sand or polish after curing- super sculpy is great, but standing it produces a lot of dust and makes it hard to get back a nice, high luster finish.
Still hunting for my perfect mold material, right now I'm using a semi rigid transparent silicone, which I love but is very hard to work with and tends to beat the living hell out of my masters. I really like having a translucent mold so I can observe problem areas for trapped air and preview cast quality, but I need something lower viscosity. Any suggestions?
Sale Thread

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #163 on: Sun, 18 May 2014, 19:13:36 »
wetsanding is usually the approach taken for smoothing dusty substrates. if sculpy can be layered, that may help too. but, if you're used to working with sculpy to make your positives, i wouldn't change that, as that's your artistic substrate and i wouldn't screw around with lots of different substrates before you your primary one tuned to your satisfaction.

for precision engraving, grinding, smoothing, etc. a dremel with the pistol grip and flex shaft is usually a pretty good tool. dremel also recently came out with a foot-pedal controllable tool, the fortiflex: http://www.dremel.com/en-us/tools/pages/ToolDetail.aspx?pid=9100#.U3lJAvldV8E

my understanding from watching sculptors though is that using smoothing hand tools on the clay as it hardens is the preferred approach, with water being used to soften surfaces that need rework. remember that what keeps sculpy malleable is water. your bake to set it is to vaporize the water in it.  you don't have to fully set it in one go, basically.

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #164 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 01:48:39 »
Weird, my post isn't showing, every time I try to post this update, I get forwarded to submit new topic?

Long time no see! For the first time in 5 years I have 2 days off a week again, so, the last 2 weeks were spent getting sleep and catching up on some other things (playing dark souls 2 until my vision was blurred) but this weekend, I slapped on some gloves and had some fun. I've been holding off any updates until I felt I had something substantial, so here goes:

71768-071770-171772-2

I've figured out a pretty interesting way of making molds that will allow me to create a boatload of the same cast in one go, without risking any deformation or shrinkage of the actual cast, and most importantly- the stem. I decided to use the goyle as my test dummy for these experiments and I'm deeming it MOSTLY a success. To me, I think this way of casting actually cheapens the satisfaction I get from this whole process, so I don't know if I'll continue to do this with my other designs- but it does have its benefits, like being able to choose the caps with the best marbling without risking the larger time investment of using individual molds.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 July 2014, 01:53:49 by Dodgy »
Sale Thread

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #165 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 01:55:07 »
Finally! I don't know why but I had to break up the post to get it to submit, sorry!

Also, a new design, here's a look at the master, and the first half of it's mold:
71774-0 71776-1

More designs in the works and on the brain, good to be back at it :thumb:
Sale Thread

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 21 July 2014, 10:02:01 »
Wow, looking great!  I've been following with great interest for a while. Glad to see you are still evolving technique while at the same time growing artistically. I really love your work. Keep it up!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 01:01:40 »
So these are really long overdue - sorry Dodgy! - but I wanted to show off Dodgy's newer Mister mold and improved casting technique.

Funny story how I ended up with two of each:
More
I'd ordered my Mister caps back in May and UPS confirmed delivery but nothing ever came to my house. Fast forward two weeks later and someone walks up to me off the street with a package in hand, as I'm getting out of my car, and asks if I'm MythicalWagyu. He lived a couple of blocks from me and shared the same house address, on a totally different street name; UPS decided that was close enough and refused to pick them up and redeliver so this kind gentlemen walked them over to me. Dodgy had already been kind enough to cast me replacement Mister caps from his new molds, since the older ones had torn, and refused to let me pay him for the second pair once the originals showed up. Not only did he send replacements, he sent me some extra Goyle caps! Strangely enough this all happened on my birthday, so it was quite a nice birthday gift indeed   ;D :cool:

You can see the improvement between the two versions - thicker sidewalls, almost no bubbles, much cleaner bottom & stem, and that glossy finish that makes it look like a jolly rancher (though I really like the translucent cloudy ones as well.)

Ba'Man bag by Nubbinator - freaking love it!

Thank you again Dodgy, I love 'em! I'll be sure to post up some photos of my extras. I'm very interested in seeing more of this lego-sheet technique you've come up with for casting large batches as well :thumb:
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #168 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 02:01:00 »
Hey man thanks! I really hope you're enjoying them!
I'm jealous of your camera, jeez!

Anyway, I seriously screwed up somewhere in my last casting round, I think I got my ratio backwards or something, nothing has set one bit in the molds, so I have a big cleaning day ahead of me tomorrow, guh... Shouldn't rush casts before bed.

But, in good news, the new design mold is finished and still nameless for the time being, but I should be able to show the first cast in the next day or two.

In other news, the fox is getting remade, I'm taking another crack at a mister mold, and I'm reading into metal plating and casting, and glass casting techniques because all of it just seems awesome.
Sale Thread

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #169 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 17:41:08 »
They're pretty transparent, which makes it hard to see the detail, but I love the way the eyeballs catch the light. I'm going to do some solid colors next to get some more visual definition on them. They're casting really nicely so far though!

72589-0
Sale Thread

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #170 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 18:55:21 »
Keep it up man you're making great stuff! I love my original mister cap, glad too see a new version as well. You gonna have another round of sales soon?
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #171 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 19:41:09 »
Keep it up man you're making great stuff! I love my original mister cap, glad too see a new version as well. You gonna have another round of sales soon?
Hey, thanks!

Soon.....ish. I think. Probably not for a little while. I'm probably going to hold off until there's at least a few new designs ready to go, and not until I get the Misters casting properly again.

Damnit, I just ran out of rubber gloves.
Sale Thread

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #172 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 00:57:36 »
73111-0
Sale Thread

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #173 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 01:15:32 »
Hey, thanks!

Soon.....ish. I think. Probably not for a little while. I'm probably going to hold off until there's at least a few new designs ready to go, and not until I get the Misters casting properly again.

Damnit, I just ran out of rubber gloves.
costco packs of nitrile exam gloves. live it, love it

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #175 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 00:37:18 »
Got some new pigment powders, some absolutely fascinating results. Graphite powder gives you a deep, slightly lustrous black- different than simple black tint and silver powder or something like that. Almost like charcoal. I've also been toying with a few different brands of metallic powder- my photos simply don't do these justice. I also tried to do a two color cast, but didn't wait long enough for the gold to cure, so it bled a bit- I'll be perfecting the process, I think the new design in particular could be a lot of fun for multicolored caps.

Sorry! I haven't cleaned the caps up yet, just wanted to share!
74548-074550-174552-2
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 August 2014, 00:38:58 by Dodgy »
Sale Thread

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #176 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 00:44:59 »
Got some new pigment powders, some absolutely fascinating results. Graphite powder gives you a deep, slightly lustrous black- different than simple black tint and silver powder or something like that. Almost like charcoal. I've also been toying with a few different brands of metallic powder- my photos simply don't do these justice. I also tried to do a two color cast, but didn't wait long enough for the gold to cure, so it bled a bit- I'll be perfecting the process, I think the new design in particular could be a lot of fun for multicolored caps.

Loving the new designs/colors!
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Lingj

« Reply #177 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 00:45:13 »

Awesome designs!!

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #178 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 10:39:03 »
Dude these are so cool! I really like that organic creature, brain-sticking out thing you've got going with the one cap, and the new colors  :eek:

dibs on the far right  :p :p
http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=54513.0;attach=74552;image
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline xprongs

« Reply #179 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 01:25:41 »
These look absolutely awesome man!

I look forward to having the pleasure of owning one of these.
Every online forum has ****heads, don't pick them out of the masses to prove your point.

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 02:47:31 »
Thanks guys!
Have had some slowdowns because I'm in the middle of preparing to move to a new apartment, which by the way is driving me completely insane. If anyone owns a building in Manhattan, I'll make them free caps for life if you let me live there.

New experiments in the works right now, hopefully some results tomorrow morning!
Sale Thread

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #181 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 03:13:11 »

The black and good guy on the bottom right looks rad!

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #182 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 20:49:14 »

Trans Misters still going strong on my board! Like three peas in a pod. Glad to see you're still keeping with it Dodgy, excited to see what you come up with next  :thumb:
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #183 on: Sun, 26 October 2014, 15:53:16 »
The new setup is complete and ready, finally. Moving was a big ordeal, and it took a long time to figure out exactly how to start working again in the new space, since I no longer had a roof to work on. Fortunately, I think I've found a pretty decent solution out of an older butchers block type of furniture. The whole thing is on wheels, and the top platform actually can fold in and out in thirds to a more compact surface. Pretty much everything that I use regularly for casting is self contained into the piece of furniture now, and is totally mobile- I'm pretty happy with it. Only thing I need is a second drop cloth to protect the rug that it's on. Also pictured is the absolutely bad-ass pressure system that mkawa built for me - thanks again man!
80844-0

Also, here's a quick look at a cast I did a little while ago- I'm trying out some new techniques in finishes and pigments, and I think they're coming out looking really cool.
80846-1 80848-2

Anyway, I'm spending the day on some two part casts, and molding some new designs- sorry for being so quiet for so long.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 October 2014, 15:58:16 by Dodgy »
Sale Thread

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 29 October 2014, 13:30:35 »
It shimmers green when it catches the light at certain angles.
Sale Thread

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #185 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 09:41:15 »
Modified the cap so it took backlighting nicely
81448-081450-1
And some new color swatches
81452-2
Sale Thread

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #186 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 11:47:53 »
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
Ooooh that backlight is awesome!

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #187 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 18:55:09 »
I need a name for this guy
81638-0
Sale Thread

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #188 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 19:00:52 »
(Attachment Link)

Gnawrly
If I knew what the idea behind this guy was, I could make more suggestions.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline GankIndustries

« Reply #189 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 00:51:02 »
(Attachment Link)

That color scheme on the bottom left is smexy.
Poker 2 Clears
V2 Reds
60% Alps loading

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
Going to give making caps a shot. Interest check and preview.
« Reply #190 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 19:01:57 »
(Attachment Link)

That color scheme on the bottom left is smexy.
Hey thanks man. I plan to do a few different designs in that style soon.

Also- I have two designs that I would like to make CAD files for, but I have no clue how- anyone potentially interested in helping me out with that?
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 November 2014, 20:30:18 by Dodgy »
Sale Thread

Offline dashing_girlboy

« Reply #191 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 02:31:55 »
(Attachment Link)

This reminds me if the acid spitting kaiju from Pacific Rim! D: Acidit? :p

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #192 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 18:27:05 »
Spending the weekend learning how to do this. Looking OK so far, I think?
82538-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 November 2014, 20:58:38 by Dodgy »
Sale Thread

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 20:15:11 »
Bad angle but, here we go

82733-0
Sale Thread

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #194 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 20:25:12 »
might want to consider a kinect-based rough 3d scanner to start your parts.. also, rhino might be easier for you to work with since it's spline-based.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #195 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 20:32:03 »
Glad to see you're still at it!
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline cephelix

• to buy or not to buy?
« Reply #196 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 10:40:43 »
Agree with many of the guys here. That Mister is looking good. Wouldn't mind having a few of them to keep my company on my board.
Any up for sale? Still very new to the forum. Trying to read and learn as much as I can.
ALi
Filco MJ2 TKL MX Browns | KC60 Gateron Browns

Offline Dodgy

• * Maker
« Reply #197 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 17:41:33 »
Agree with many of the guys here. That Mister is looking good. Wouldn't mind having a few of them to keep my company on my board.
Any up for sale? Still very new to the forum. Trying to read and learn as much as I can.
Not for sale yet- but soon potentially

Sorry for phone quality,
Still casting the original mister, V2 is currently being machined along with a brand new design I'm super excited to cast. I'll have both in my hands sometime next week.

Really just been keeping busy trying to be creative with my casts. There's been a lot of duds but some cool results. Will post some more when I'm home from work!
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 January 2015, 18:19:36 by Dodgy »
Sale Thread

Offline cephelix

• to buy or not to buy?
« Reply #198 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 20:36:58 »

Sorry for phone quality,
Still casting the original mister, V2 is currently being machined along with a brand new design I'm super excited to cast. I'll have both in my hands sometime next week.

Really just been keeping busy trying to be creative with my casts. There's been a lot of duds but some cool results. Will post some more when I'm home from work!

Those look nice...keep up the great work!onward and upward! hope i can get my hands on one....i just need one.....but all these caps get bought up so fast
ALi
Filco MJ2 TKL MX Browns | KC60 Gateron Browns

Offline MessyCaps

• Stressed out cap maker taking a break :S
« Reply #199 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 04:40:35 »

Sorry for phone quality,

How have I not seen your work before? These caps are great I need to keep my eyes open for sales.