Author Topic: Sit-stand desks  (Read 23951 times)

Offline gameaholic

Re: Sit-stand desks
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 08:14:51 »
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a geekdesk v3.  Anyone have any experience with this desk?
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline moogatronic

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 23:12:27 »
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a geekdesk v3.  Anyone have any experience with this desk?

I have the v2 small frame and it's very nice. I went frame only and bought a solid maple butchers block counter top for my desk top. My total end cost was cheaper as a result, and the surface is better than the ones they ship. This is an improvement over a ghettofied keyboard stand + wood + blah setup that was not adjustable at all. I will never not have a Sit/Stand desk if I can help it.

I raise and lower the desk about 2-3 times a day, and have been doing so for maybe 7 months now with no problems (not only problem free, but joy-full)

To be completely functional, I think you need a monitor arm and keyboard tray. My setup has the ergotron with 27" apple display and humanscale 4G (holding my Kinesis / Filco TKL, and the Evoluent / Slimblade Trackball). I do about 50/50 sit stand  (for a  variety of reasons, i'm willing to discuss, but will leave this reply short and sweet!).

I'm "tall-ish" just over 6'3", and can achieve ideal conditions with this setup. The desk and components easily adjust for my 5'4" wife as well.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 01:19:39 »
lol my ikea mikael (not sit stand) is starting to flex and crack and will break completely if i continue to lean on it lol

so...... i'm thinking of getting a Geek Desk, I work mostly from home unless i'm traveling to company offices, i sit like 12+ hours a day usually 6 days a week if you count also video games and other non-work stuff is done at the same desk. I think standing part of my work day would benefit me.

Offline Norman

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 11 June 2013, 10:09:37 »
Just a funny picture for sit-stand fans:

25072-0