Author Topic: Originative: Vendor Review  (Read 814429 times)

Offline Vagabond

Re: Originative: Vendor Review
« Reply #300 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 09:04:55 »

Can Originative be reinstated?

Does he even want to?  Personally, I've done business with him.  And never even knew of any former associating with GH.

Not sure if he wants to but he had one:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57652.0

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #301 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 11:35:24 »

Can Originative be reinstated?

Does he even want to?  Personally, I've done business with him.  And never even knew of any former associating with GH.

Not sure if he wants to but he had one:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57652.0

That's pretty obvious as you linked to this same thread.  :p

I'm just asking in regards to people asking if he can have it back.  Does he even want it?

And I think that the burying of that relationship is a disservice to the community, as not sure if most people know about the history.  I certainly didn't when joining his GBs.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #302 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 19:54:49 »
I'll keep my personal opinion on originative out of this post, but I got my order from them one day before the expected delivery date (which was tomorrow).
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #303 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 03:44:23 »
Anyone outside CONUS can vouch for them?

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #304 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 17:48:38 »

Yes, even though there were mishaps with my last order they were basically out of their influence and everything ended up going all right. I've already ordered a few things from them, mainly four keysets, one of which is currently in GB stage (Sky Dolch), another one is currently in the humble hands of USPS and the last two did already arrive. I never had an insane problem (like an order not arriving at all), so I don't know how they act in such a case, but from the process of ordering to them handing it to USPS everything was perfect for me.

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #305 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 03:14:06 »

Yes, even though there were mishaps with my last order they were basically out of their influence and everything ended up going all right. I've already ordered a few things from them, mainly four keysets, one of which is currently in GB stage (Sky Dolch), another one is currently in the humble hands of USPS and the last two did already arrive. I never had an insane problem (like an order not arriving at all), so I don't know how they act in such a case, but from the process of ordering to them handing it to USPS everything was perfect for me.

Thanks because I was considering some keysets from them.

Offline exanile_tabasco

• settling down
« Reply #306 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 07:34:33 »

Thanks because I was considering some keysets from them.

I've bought plenty of stuff from the "new" Originative, always getting it shipped to the UK. In the beginning, it seemed they needed a few reminders via email to actually send out my order. You could tell that they had read the email because after a week or two of nothing, all of a sudden the order would be shipped the day of or the day after the email. I think they have abolished the whole "we only ship on Mondays and Thursdays (or some **** like that)" thing nowadays.

Aside from that, O-co has never failed to deliver on their end. I've had some massive, outrageous customs delays, but that's out of the control of Originative and USPS / UPS. Have gotten orders shipped with USPS First Class (ends up with Royal Mail), USPS Priority Mail (ends up with Parcelforce), UPS Expedited and UPS Saver. Once, there was an order held up because customs info was missing, but the problem was rectified after I sent an email.

In my recent few orders (Sky Dolch, HFuse and FMJ) Originative has been very responsive to my queries via email. Perhaps this is because they've got some new staff aboard to handle emails. In conclusion, O-co right now is pretty good, but it hasn't always been this way.

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #307 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 08:10:31 »
Thank you for your input  :D