Author Topic: Hi :]  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Sly_

Hi :]
« on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 11:11:18 »
Hello Geekhack Community,

I've read way too much cool posts about amazing projects on this forum, so here I am.

It's all about keyboard right? So, my actual keyboard is not mechanical because I still haven't found the right one, should I try to build one? No idea, but that'll probably happen..

So I'm in love with ortholinear keyboards and actually type on a Typematrix 2030. I also like split keyboards and I owned a kinesis freestyle for some times as well.

But one day I typed on a mechanical keyboard and this feeling was amazing. Since then I'm looking for one mechanical with low profile keys (not sure about that tho), ortholinear. I like that the space, enter and backspace keys are in the middle. Split?

I came across a few that looked good but always missing keys and not having enter, backspace like the Typematrix. So I came to the conclusion that I probably just need to build kind of a Typematrix with mechanical keys and splitted

To name of few I would like to test :
- Ergodox EZ
- Dactyl
- Atreus
- Nexus
- X-Bows

See you soon!

« Last Edit: Fri, 05 January 2018, 11:13:35 by Sly_ »

Offline Sly_

Re: Hi :]
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 01:45:32 »
Hello Geekhack Community,

I've read way too much cool posts about amazing projects on this forum, so here I am.

It's all about keyboard right? So, my actual keyboard is not mechanical because I still haven't found the right one, should I try to build one? No idea, but that'll probably happen..

So I'm in love with ortholinear keyboards and actually type on a Typematrix 2030. I also like split keyboards and I owned a kinesis freestyle for some times as well.

But one day I typed on a mechanical keyboard and this feeling was amazing. Since then I'm looking for one mechanical with low profile keys (not sure about that tho), ortholinear. I like that the space, enter and backspace keys are in the middle. Split?

I came across a few that looked good but always missing keys and not having enter, backspace like the Typematrix. So I came to the conclusion that I probably just need to build kind of a Typematrix with mechanical keys and splitted

To name of few I would like to test :
- Ergodox EZ
- Dactyl
- Atreus
- Nexus
- X-Bows

See you soon!
I just ordered 2 X-Bows as it seemed to be the closest to what I had in mind. Now let's wait until May :'(

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk