Author Topic: [IC] SA Espresso - GB is live! Ending May 14th  (Read 75486 times)

Offline GreatKingNorann

[IC] SA Espresso - Novelties | Vendors | Updated Kits - Update 3 (9/16)
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 17:51:40 »
not sure where I said I don't like gradients? I don't mind them, but they are very very hard to make look good and imo it doesn't work here. That's just my opinion though. no need to be a jerk because someone disagrees with you. have a nice day
Bro, no one is being a jerk. You’re being weird and sensitive in a IC thread. I was just pointing out how I think your opinion is wrong. If you can say it doesn’t work, I can disagree with you. That way the set is less likely to change because of your comment because I need 2 of these sets for my girlfriend and I. She especially wants this just the way it is. Now you can have a good day, sir lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 December 2020, 18:10:53 by GreatKingNorann »

Offline violeaf

Re: [IC] SA Espresso - Novelties | Vendors | Updated Kits - Update 3 (9/16)
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 19:18:46 »
Ah, now it makes more sense...

Offline Havattack

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 19:40:52 »
not sure where I said I don't like gradients? I don't mind them, but they are very very hard to make look good and imo it doesn't work here. That's just my opinion though. no need to be a jerk because someone disagrees with you. have a nice day
Bro, no one is being a jerk. You’re being weird and sensitive in a IC thread. I was just pointing out how I think your opinion is wrong. If you can say it doesn’t work, I can disagree with you. That way the set is less likely to change because of your comment because I need 2 of these sets for my girlfriend and I. She especially wants this just the way it is. Now you can have a good day, sir lmao

You must be new to the internet. You have to preface EVERYTHING you say, especially anything even slightly negative, with "just in my humble opinion" (as if you aren't the one saying it..) and "I don't mean to offend anyone", etc, etc. If you don't, you will get some weirdo stalking your post, and telling you how their mentally disabled  daughter thinks you're evil, becasue you called one of their favorite keycaps "lame"....
For some reason, a lot of people seem to wrap their self worth up in their opinions, beliefs, and hobbies, or something, and take it extremely personal when you express your dislike of something they like.
Opinions are not people, and are perfectly fine to "insult".
Pardon the rant.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 19:44:48 »
I don't think the gradient works, like at all. the color of the top row with the mods as they are would be a great set!
You’re wrong. It’s Espresso, not Caramel Latte. The gradient is perfect

I mean, I don’t know what your espresso looks like, mine is usually a layer of foam on top of the liquid, not a gradient...
When you pour milk or cream into espresso, the color shifts. You want an all caramel set. That’s boring, but maybe you like simple, plain jane things. I think the OC hit this dead on and I’m definitely in for it!

Gotta love resulting to personal insults because we don't agree on whether colors look nice or not lmao
He did not insult, or attack you in any way. You are not your opinion, and your opinion is not you.

Offline violeaf

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 20:09:17 »

He did not insult, or attack you in any way. You are not your opinion, and your opinion is not you.

In my opinion it gets unnecessarily personal when someone makes an assertion about your preferences such as "you must like simple things", and it can be a fine line between personal and insulting, each to their own, different interpretations would inevitably lead to something worse than intended.

Plus when you reveal your fear of not getting what you want because someone's made a single negative comment, it quite obvious who's being aggressively defensive here.

Also, "I disagree" is better than "no you are wrong".

Anyway, I agree that the gradient doesn't reflect espresso exactly, I still quite like it, reminds me of some fancy Nespressso coffee thing that's definitely not espresso!

Offline Donosir

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 09:49:59 »
Hello, anyone know what material this is? I could be daft an just misunderstand some rule like "SA is always abs" but I can't seem to find any indicator on the thread about this.
If anyone could enlighten me that would be much appreciated.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 10:39:26 »
Hello, anyone know what material this is? I could be daft an just misunderstand some rule like "SA is always abs" but I can't seem to find any indicator on the thread about this.
If anyone could enlighten me that would be much appreciated.
You probably all ready know, but SA is just the form of the key-caps, a form multiple companies use. Some companies use only pbt, some only ABS, some both. I don't know if it's a "rule" per say, but the company that's going to make these SA profile caps (SP I assume, they make most the SA sets I've seen posted in here) has always used ABS as far as I know.

Offline Donosir

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 11:18:52 »

You probably all ready know, but SA is just the form of the key-caps, a form multiple companies use. Some companies use only pbt, some only ABS, some both. I don't know if it's a "rule" per say, but the company that's going to make these SA profile caps (SP I assume, they make most the SA sets I've seen posted in here) has always used ABS as far as I know.
[/quote]

Ah, thanks. Yeah I am aware of the profile. I just wasn't sure if there was a situation (like as you mentioned with the manufacturer) that would denote what material this set would be. Thanks for the information.

Offline GreatKingNorann

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 12:00:58 »

In my opinion it gets unnecessarily personal when someone makes an assertion about your preferences such as "you must like simple things", and it can be a fine line between personal and insulting, each to their own, different interpretations would inevitably lead to something worse than intended.

Plus when you reveal your fear of not getting what you want because someone's made a single negative comment, it quite obvious who's being aggressively defensive here.

Also, "I disagree" is better than "no you are wrong".

Anyway, I agree that the gradient doesn't reflect espresso exactly, I still quite like it, reminds me of some fancy Nespressso coffee thing that's definitely not espresso!
I’m not censoring myself. If someone expresses pretty harshly that they think the set doesn’t work, I’m definitely going to say that they’re wrong. Also, if you wanted a super accurate representation of Espresso, you’d pretty much have an all near black keycap set . Don’t be soft, no one is being aggressive. Only someone who can dish it out but can’t take it would say something like that

Offline Havattack

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 19:32:24 »
My favorite brown keycaps are still the "KAT Iron" alternative "rust". I'm so butt-hurt i missed that set. The brown on it reminds of brown duck canvas, I love it.

Offline paulomalley

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 03:28:28 »
Loving the look and vibe of this set. This is going to be my first GB for a decent set of Keycaps (now that I have been using a cheap set of SA Profiles and beginning to love the feel).
Looks like I am going to need to find a coffee themed Coiled cable to go along with it now. ;)

Can't wait! :)

Offline onemai117

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 22:29:52 »
I am still hopefully waiting  :)

Offline JPoc

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 17:00:29 »
Hey everyone! Sorry for the silence these past few months. I had to put the project on hold due to work and studies, but I would still really love to get this done. I'm also glad to see that people are still interested here.

Back in september I hit a bit of an obstacle with color matching, as of all the stock colors I ordered only one matched the set.
Getting the colors sorted out would get the set pretty much ready for GB, but I'm still very busy with life so this might take a good while.

I'll post again whenever I have news. Thanks for the support!

Offline ChaosAirlines

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 06:07:12 »
It happens dude! I'm just glad you're still around, hope everything settles down for you soon. Good luck out there!

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 06:16:00 »
Hey everyone! Sorry for the silence these past few months. I had to put the project on hold due to work and studies, but I would still really love to get this done. I'm also glad to see that people are still interested here.

Back in september I hit a bit of an obstacle with color matching, as of all the stock colors I ordered only one matched the set.
Getting the colors sorted out would get the set pretty much ready for GB, but I'm still very busy with life so this might take a good while.

Read and understood, life has a habit of getting in the way of these things.  Ready to get behind you when you are ready.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 06:51:36 »
good luck buddy, as a coffee fan, I will wait for this set )

Offline sendrim

• Instagram
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 20:04:59 »
Awesome! I am so ready for this! Looks absolutely lovely and I couldnt be happier that you have the NorDe kit in there  :D
I like SA

Offline CandyDoc

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 16:12:10 »
No worrys man, good luck with your work and studies!
I'm glad that you didn't drop the project or something like that... I realy like the colors would love to have this on my keyboard :)

Offline shortdog6

• Casper Keys
« Reply #118 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 19:56:08 »
This is stunning. Would love a cherry set if it ever ran.

Offline Exluna

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 22:47:27 »
Sigh... Here we go. You're going to make me buy a wooden case and PCB to go with this amazing looking set aren't you? Yeaahh... There goes the wallet again lol.

Offline PusaCat666

« Reply #120 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 00:57:08 »
I love this! Tho I wish there's a SLK version, then its a gg for me.

Offline Sumthingasian

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 09:43:15 »
Thanks for leaving the update to let us know that you're not gone! A lot of the hobby is waiting anyways, hahaha

Offline herfalerf

« Reply #122 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 11:56:29 »
the colors on this are awesome

Offline PusaCat666

« Reply #123 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 21:54:17 »

Read and understood, life has a habit of getting in the way of these things.  Ready to get behind you when you are ready.

Aaah same. Once I get my finances stable and ready then, you got me behind you. These caps are amazing!

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 12:09:37 »

Man, I'm hoping you find the time to make this project a reality. This one of the very few SA sets that I just find myself needing.

Make it happen brotha, and good luck with school!

Offline KidsForCthulhu

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 01:43:49 »
any updates on release?

Offline MadBinton

• 40/45/65/75% user
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 13:22:47 »
Hi again.

Please do make this set? It just looks amazing in those renders, particularly with black and brass.

I do get your studies are more important, but it'd be so sad to abandon this when the set and mat and everything are already so close to completion.

Offline KidsForCthulhu

« Reply #127 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 01:40:04 »
GIMMI GIMMI UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ChaosAirlines

« Reply #128 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 08:20:13 »

Dude, this hobby requires patience. Plus, he's a real person, not a company or anything like that, he has other things going on in his life besides this.  Cut him some slack, especially now.  Pressing for updates every few days can be annoying; I get the excitement but let it happen.

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 12:07:46 »

Just in case you missed it, OP's last post was:

Offline Havattack

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 14:54:25 »

Dude, this hobby requires patience. Plus, he's a real person, not a company or anything like that, he has other things going on in his life besides this.  Cut him some slack, especially now.  Pressing for updates every few days can be annoying; I get the excitement but let it happen.
He just asked a question. He didn't say or imply that he is a "fake" person or a "company. He did not take any "slack". He is not "pressing". He's not rushing him, or being rude ... maybe just a little annoying... I think you might want to consider your own advice, and have some patience for those that lack.... patience. LOL  ;)

Offline ChaosAirlines

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 14:37:56 »
Hmm. Fair

Edit: I see your point. I apologise, KidsForCthulhu, I could have handled my annoyance better
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 February 2021, 15:19:54 by ChaosAirlines »

Offline Natac24

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 04:03:03 »
Still hoping this becomes a reality some day. love the set!

Offline JPoc

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 18:12:17 »
Quick update! I got some good news.

I picked up the set again, and things are looking pretty great. We have a tentative GB date for late April.
At the moment I'm working on collabs and finishing color matching. I was worried that five custom colors would be too expensive, but it turns out it will be all right.
Also I'm happy to mention that Ashkeebs will be the vendor for Canada.

I won't get into more detail at the moment, as I prefer to leave it for a big proper update soon, but here's one of the new renders with the GMMK PRO case (model by Elmo, design by GPCGR).

As always, thanks for the support.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 20:38:25 »
Oh duck me... that is a sexy itch.

Offline Baranix

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 21:39:54 »
I'm so happy to hear this will continue!

Offline catbus

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 21:55:04 »
So happy to see this happening!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #137 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 23:52:51 »
Coffee is sexy

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #138 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 04:58:59 »
Great to hear you are back in the saddle JP.  This could be the set for 2021.  Love it all and cant wait for the GB.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Reckless

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 10:51:53 »
I'm so happy to hear that this project go ahead, it's so unique one of the few gradients sets tht I really like

Offline JPoc

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 20:21:46 »
Nice to see the excitement! Thrilled about making this happen

Offline ChaosAirlines

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 01:33:01 »
Ooooh. I love it so, seeing a new render is just... *Chef's kiss*  :-*

AND spoiling us with a tentative group buy?! I'm so glad I've been watching this set.  I'm so glad to see it get this far.

Offline Sumthingasian

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 19:53:31 »
Yaaay thanks for the updates! AND a Canadian vendor <3

Offline onemai117

« Reply #143 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 09:53:03 »
Really haply to hear the latest update. I also ordered GMMK PRO in flex batch. Hope I have my set be like in the render🥰.

Offline NilKeebs

« Reply #144 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 10:17:33 »
I LOVE THIS! It would be a mistake though to eat a caramel bar near this or risk swallowing a keycap! GLWIC!
  :D

Offline Re9456

« Reply #145 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 10:55:27 »
Wonder if this set can be produced in other profile in the future, I just can't type with SA profile...

Offline JPoc

« Reply #146 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 18:11:14 »
Wonder if this set can be produced in other profile in the future, I just can't type with SA profile...

I definitely plan to if everything goes well and there's interest

Offline MadBinton

• 40/45/65/75% user
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 10:38:14 »

I definitely plan to if everything goes well and there's interest

Oh you have me interested. I really love how espresso like this looks. And that 75% render really sold it for me. Probably going to go with a different 75% though, but this looks so nice.

I mean, it might not be for everyone, but please run this set?

Offline onemai117

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 19:08:26 »
I would like to know who will be manufacturer for this set? Maxkey, Domikey or Signature plastic?

Offline JPoc

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 20:33:01 »
I would like to know who will be manufacturer for this set? Maxkey, Domikey or Signature plastic?

The manufacturer will be Signature Plastics