Author Topic: [GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60  (Read 244812 times)

Offline pentawater

Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60
« Reply #400 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 06:31:16 »
Regret not jumping in!

Offline Aevyn

« Reply #401 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 12:20:52 »
Gotta ask. I heard some mention about a numpad. Definitely would love a numpad that matches the keyboard. Any update on how that is going? I'm sure you're busy with the GB so it's totally cool if the answer is after the GB.

Offline eagleheardt

« Reply #402 on: Sat, 09 February 2019, 11:52:26 »
I've been asking the same. they said it would be 6 rows, but there would only be one button at the top.

then went on to say that the design had not been finalized.

I REALLY want a full 24 key numpad friend for this board. FULL 6 X 4 rows is what I need

Offline Aevyn

« Reply #403 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 02:28:05 »
I've been asking the same. they said it would be 6 rows, but there would only be one button at the top.

I REALLY want a full 24 key numpad friend for this board. FULL 6 X 4 rows is what I need

I'd honestly be fine with a 5x4, but I'm guessing that would look small next to the board so 6x4 would work better?

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #404 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 15:38:33 »
But the Leaf60 is only 5 rows. How would a 5 row numpad look small?  I think 5 row is the way to go. That 6th row is always a challenge to fill with relevant caps.

I'd honestly be fine with a 5x4, but I'm guessing that would look small next to the board so 6x4 would work better?

Offline eagleheardt

« Reply #405 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 18:02:08 »
I've gotten SUPER used to my 6th row on the numpad, I use it for esc, backspace, delete, and printscreen, EVERY. DAY.

Offline metalliccharles

« Reply #406 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 10:55:56 »
Looking to sell mine. PC Regular Layout/ PVD brass plate,PVD brass weight.

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #407 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 15:00:20 »
Reading this review of the TGR-910RE has me a bit worried about the PC case:

https://brianleereviews.wordpress.com/2018/12/14/review-yuktsis-tgr-910re-polycarbonate/

Anyone know if these issues were raised in the IC and addressed by Senter?

Offline thearctican

« Reply #408 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 15:11:44 »

https://brianleereviews.wordpress.com/2018/12/14/review-yuktsis-tgr-910re-polycarbonate/

I would expect those kinds of problems with a polycarbonate case. Discontinuity can only *REALLY* be sorted out if you machine it all from the same block (unibody) or take EXTREME care in manufacture of the separate parts. Warping, visual differences between units (and same-unit parts), finish differences, etc. are all side-effects of using a less stalwart material than the common metals we see.

All reasons I won't buy PC multi-part cases. A polycarb Tofu or Klippe? Sure. Not for builds like this, though. Not yet.

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #409 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 15:16:23 »

I would expect those kinds of problems with a polycarbonate case. Discontinuity can only *REALLY* be sorted out if you machine it all from the same block (unibody) or take EXTREME care in manufacture of the separate parts. Warping, visual differences between units (and same-unit parts), finish differences, etc. are all side-effects of using a less stalwart material than the common metals we see.

All reasons I won't buy PC multi-part cases. A polycarb Tofu or Klippe? Sure. Not for builds like this, though. Not yet.

Well ****...

Offline dantambok

« Reply #410 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 16:25:17 »

I have a poly RE and have literally 0 complaints about the said board. It is actually my current favorite among my 20-ish boards  :))
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #411 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 18:22:25 »
Believing brian lee in 2k19 lmao, that's not even his board.
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #412 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 18:43:35 »

I don't know anything about that guy, is he not credible or something?

« Reply #413 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 20:34:08 »

I like his reviews and blog a lot, but I think he got a bit of hate in the community for this post:

https://brianleereviews.wordpress.com/2019/01/11/opinion-the-state-of-keyboard-design/
E6-V2 [Tealios] | RAMA M60-A [Zealios] | QXP [Healios]

Offline thearctican

« Reply #414 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 22:11:15 »

I like his reviews and blog a lot, but I think he got a bit of hate in the community for this post:

https://brianleereviews.wordpress.com/2019/01/11/opinion-the-state-of-keyboard-design/

He probably got a bit frustrated with the dry spell we had there for a while. Took a bit before there was something new I wanted to buy into. The Grid 600 broke that spell for me.

Offline yemeisong

« Reply #415 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 00:24:59 »
I purchased a clear polycarb HHKB top - would anyone with clear pc WKL like to trade? pm me here or on reddit u/kwy0
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 February 2019, 03:12:54 by yemeisong »

Offline boog

« Reply #416 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 16:01:00 »
I read this as there will be extra Aluminum parts.

So if we buy the base option just to secure a board during the preorder, we can always go back (within a reasonable amount of time) after the GB and buy the upgrades?

Yes, there will be leftover parts for sure.

Senter,

Hey, I was curious about the extra parts you had mentioned above. Would you happen to have any extra hotswap PCBs that would work with my HHKB layout? If so I would like to know if I could add one to my order if we can do that.

Thanks!

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #417 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 10:17:06 »

He probably got a bit frustrated with the dry spell we had there for a while. Took a bit before there was something new I wanted to buy into. The Grid 600 broke that spell for me.

my polycarb 910 is probably my favorite board as well out of the 6 i own.
other boards being
alice, gray 910, hhkb jp, hhkb, keycult 1/60 brass edition

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #418 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 07:30:51 »

Senter,

Hey, I was curious about the extra parts you had mentioned above. Would you happen to have any extra hotswap PCBs that would work with my HHKB layout? If so I would like to know if I could add one to my order if we can do that.

Thanks!

Yes

Offline boog

« Reply #419 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 10:16:45 »

Senter,

Thanks!

Yes

How would I go about doing that? I would ask in DM, but it doesn’t seem to be going through anymore.

Offline Minterly

« Reply #420 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 19:20:27 »
If there are enough leftover parts for a complete kit... I'm interested :>

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #421 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 11:48:13 »
Can anyone who ordered the hotswap plate help me out. I am trying to find a set of caps to go with this board but it seems like this layout is going to be a hard one to find something compatible. I am interested in getting this kit to match the /dev/tty set I have on my Novatouch but it doesn't seem like it has the keys needed to fit that layout. If I went with the standard non-hotswap plate/PCB would it just fit a normal set of keys like I've highlighted in the image below?

213561-0
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 February 2019, 11:52:49 by r4bbl3d4bbl3 »

Offline PoochZag

« Reply #422 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 12:05:04 »
Can anyone who ordered the hotswap plate help me out. I am trying to find a set of caps to go with this board but it seems like this layout is going to be a hard one to find something compatible. I am interested in getting this kit to match the /dev/tty set I have on my Novatouch but it doesn't seem like it has the keys needed to fit that layout. If I went with the standard non-hotswap plate/PCB would it just fit a normal set of keys like I've highlighted in the image below?

(Attachment Link)

Yup, what you have highlighted is a standard ANSI layout and you would be able to use that layout with the universal plate and normal PCB
TX-CP, TX60, Campine Mk. III, Mira SE

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #423 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 12:42:53 »

(Attachment Link)

Yup, what you have highlighted is a standard ANSI layout and you would be able to use that layout with the universal plate and normal PCB

Gotcha. So if I got the normal layout with hot swap PCB I’m out of luck for that standard layout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #424 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 14:34:31 »

(Attachment Link)

Gotcha. So if I got the normal layout with hot swap PCB I’m out of luck for that standard layout?

Hotswap PCB doesn't support the regular ANSI layout. I can swap the PCB for you if you want.

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #425 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 14:35:53 »

(Attachment Link)

Hotswap PCB doesn't support the regular ANSI layout. I can swap the PCB for you if you want.

That would be great, thanks! I will just learn to solder I guess.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #426 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 14:38:56 »

(Attachment Link)

Change confirmed.

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #427 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 14:40:07 »

(Attachment Link)

Change confirmed.

Do I need to change the plate too?

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #428 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 14:49:39 »

Do I need to change the plate too?

No worries. Your plate option was correct.

Offline F2F4

« Reply #429 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 21:59:03 »
Anyone selling their spots?

Offline yemeisong

« Reply #430 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 00:45:25 »
any updates on manu?

Offline lukelex

« Reply #431 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 14:59:21 »
I'm looking for a spot. HMU if you wanna get rid of yours. Got one
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 February 2019, 07:55:53 by lukelex »

Offline undecidedshark

« Reply #432 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 10:40:38 »
I'm looking for a spot. HMU if you wanna get rid of yours.

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #433 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 10:43:05 »
HMU if you’ve got a spot :)
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline etong415

« Reply #434 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 11:37:17 »
@senter, would you happen to know if there is clearance between the PCB and the bottom case for a sheet of sorbothane? And if so, how thick?

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #435 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 15:03:44 »
@senter, would you happen to know if there is clearance between the PCB and the bottom case for a sheet of sorbothane? And if so, how thick?

Sure. It's around 2.4mm.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #436 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 15:07:03 »

The prototypes of two versions of PCBs have all been finished. I'm going to place the final order. The final version will be in matte black color instead of green.

The cases are still under manufacturing.

Offline nephlock

« Reply #437 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 15:09:16 »

The prototypes of two versions of PCBs have all been finished. I'm going to place the final order. The final version will be in matte black color instead of green.

This is great news! Thanks Senter!

Offline rope

• yeet
« Reply #438 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 17:37:22 »
Show Image

looks fantastic, thank you for the update senter! :D

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #439 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 22:20:42 »
Saw the bottom PBC and got worried when I saw north facing LEDs, but then realized it was fixed layout (hotswap)

Offline Makish

• hi
« Reply #440 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 19:44:28 »
Looking for a spot as well, HMU pls <3

Offline gnhuy91

« Reply #441 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 08:46:46 »
If anyone got a PC WKL and would like to sell/trade with my eWhite WKL, HMU

Offline evoluchanel

« Reply #442 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 00:50:16 »
Sent a pm for an address change

Offline fireworm

« Reply #443 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 13:11:24 »
Any news / updates?

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #444 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 18:55:36 »
If anyone has a WKL PC and has decided they'd prefer a full PC, HMU. haha.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #445 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 11:46:08 »
Senter, do you have any update on the ETA?

什么时候能发货?
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline gnhuy91

« Reply #446 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 23:44:51 »
If anyone want to let go of their WKL PC, HMU. (can also trade with my ewhite WKL)

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #447 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 05:18:12 »

什么时候能发货?

April. for cn orders
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline aslanxdeft

« Reply #448 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 05:47:30 »

什么时候能发货?

April. for cn orders
I think april is ETA for all customers.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #449 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 07:29:24 »

什么时候能发货?

April. for cn orders
I think april is ETA for all customers.

This