Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8546866 times)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #27000 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 22:48:23 »
That's why I deal in HOs, only REAL HOS UP IN HERE

I've seen a lot of fake HOs in my time.

You must be hitting them wrong clubs ;)

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #27001 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 05:28:08 »

Can you please share the person you dealt with so we know to avoid them in the future?

As it turned out, he was quite shocked it was a fake,
so the caps I've traded are on the way back to me at the moment  :thumb:

Who knows how deep it goes, it's possible even the person who gave it to him didn't know.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #27002 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 19:53:11 »
miss u Clack bby
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #27003 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 20:46:25 »
tfw one person has 5 mr fridays

;_;

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #27004 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 12:45:04 »
tfw don't care about clark skulls

^_^

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #27005 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 12:48:07 »

^_^

You're more of an ogre guy?

Offline joey

« Reply #27006 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 12:52:28 »

^_^
you sure do love saying that :thumb:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #27007 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 12:59:25 »

^_^
you sure do love saying that :thumb:

:thumb: :thumb:

Offline hapakey

« Reply #27008 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 09:24:05 »
So how do you tell if it is real?
Look at dgneo's post

Could just be a bad batch.

Anybody ask Click Clack?

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #27009 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 18:47:23 »
Look at dgneo's post

Anybody ask Click Clack?

"Bad batches" are F2's with a hole drilled. Clack isn't known to release sub-par quality results.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #27010 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 19:17:19 »
Look at dgneo's post

Anybody ask Click Clack?

"Bad batches" are F2's with a hole drilled. Clack isn't known to release sub-par quality results.

Not necessarily. I have a lot of clacks that shows imperfections yet were never drilled F2. Many of the tri colors aren't perfect for example. Other clack owners will probably agree with me once they look at the bottom and faces of their older bi-tri colors.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #27011 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 09:09:38 »
Look at dgneo's post

Anybody ask Click Clack?

Not necessarily. I have a lot of clacks that shows imperfections yet were never drilled F2. Many of the tri colors aren't perfect for example. Other clack owners will probably agree with me once they look at the bottom and faces of their older bi-tri colors.

Let me just check my pile of bi tris

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #27012 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 10:14:38 »

Regarding F2:

"Factory 2nd items are ones that can differ slightly when compared to their production brethren.  They're still rather quality items but the color maybe off, the sheen or texture might be a little off/inconsistent, or a very slight discoloration may be present. All Factory 2nds have a hole in the back of the keycap."

Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #27013 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 13:07:57 »
Very eerie seeing this thread so quiet.  Hope the Clackman is doing alright.  :-/

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Clack Therapy
« Reply #27014 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 13:09:06 »
Very eerie seeing this thread so quiet.  Hope the Clackman is doing alright.  :-/
Funny you posted this, I was thinking the same thing last night.

Hope all is well clack.

Offline joey

« Reply #27015 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 13:09:54 »
Hoping he we hear from him.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #27016 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 21:54:05 »
Funny you posted this, I was thinking the same thing last night.

Hope all is well clack.

+1

No news is good news, right?

Right??
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #27017 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 08:53:50 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 September 2017, 08:56:45 by dgneo »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27018 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 13:12:10 »
I just assume at this point CC has retired from cap making and the market will continue to be flooded by fakes, people trading fakes for legit clacks, until everything is so ****ed the only clacks I will be certain are real are the ones I own.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #27019 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 23:15:19 »
I just assume at this point CC has retired from cap making and the market will continue to be flooded by fakes, people trading fakes for legit clacks, until everything is so ****ed the only clacks I will be certain are real are the ones I own.

all the clacks that i currently have are ones that came straight from CC, though there are others that i would like to seek out and trade for. don't feel very comfortable with that these days

it's scary how close some of K3's copies can come, but at the very least i think he still puts a K3 mark on it instead of a CF

what actually deters me though are the simpler fakes (ie singleshots) that are virtually impossible to authenticate

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #27020 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 23:24:12 »
Don't think I would trade with anyone other then members that have been around at least as long as I have, and are active on the forum (of course there are some newer members I would trade with).
However, if I ever get the chance to get a (MX) Enviro I might have to bend those rules a little  ;D
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 September 2017, 23:28:32 by CommonCurt »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #27021 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 02:43:51 »
k3 made some perfect copies when he first showed up

i can't remember what colors he did them in though, i might have something about it deep in my post history

they're lighter than real clacks, though, so it's not hard to tell if you have the genuine article side by side
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #27022 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 19:40:36 »
I suggest everyone follow K3 on instagram to keep up with the latest goods.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27023 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 16:16:35 »

the current climate we live in is insane

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #27024 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 17:24:52 »

#PlebNation

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #27025 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 19:22:39 »

. Best way to keep up with fakes to look out for.  Now I can't buy scotopic or barney

Offline Belfong

« Reply #27026 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 08:42:18 »
Don't think I would trade with anyone other then members that have been around at least as long as I have, and are active on the forum (of course there are some newer members I would trade with).
However, if I ever get the chance to get a (MX) Enviro I might have to bend those rules a little  ;D

I am with you. I have stopped trading and instead just enjoy the keys I have in my collection now. That's more than enough for me.

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #27027 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 12:40:49 »

I am with you. I have stopped trading and instead just enjoy the keys I have in my collection now. That's more than enough for me.

tfw being a new gui and can't trade keps with the old guis

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #27028 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 12:57:12 »

Both of these statements outline where I'm at with my collection now. I don't have the energy or time to stay trading actively.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #27029 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 08:22:53 »
Still have my homepage to clacks profile, to see if he logs in, still hasn't happened  :'(

On a more clack related note, is the only pink wasd and fn set in topper octopink?
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27030 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 08:38:45 »
Still have my homepage to clacks profile, to see if he logs in, still hasn't happened  :'(

On a more clack related note, is the only pink wasd and fn set in topper octopink?
never knew there were topre wasd sets  :-\ :-\

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #27031 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 12:50:28 »

I was never much of a trader to begin with, but stuff like this really makes me not want to get rid of my Clacks.  Would be so much harder to get back what I let go and be confident that it's legit.  I know exactly where all of my caps came from at this point, but I don't think I'd be comfortable bringing in anything new at this point.  :-/

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #27032 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 05:23:58 »
Hypothetically, when is it okay to buy a k3 if you want a skull but have a feeling CC is never coming back?  :confused:
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #27033 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 05:40:19 »
Hypothetically, when is it okay to buy a k3 if you want a skull but have a feeling CC is never coming back?  :confused:
Don’t think it’s ever ok to copy and cheat, isn’t it?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #27034 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 05:43:35 »

I don't have money for even fakes atm. I'm just wondering how long people will wait before they resort to fakes. The design is still the most clean and nice keyboard adornment to me.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #27035 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 05:46:46 »
I’d feel dirty having a fake. I’d rather put on other legit artisans. There’s so many beautiful designs these days.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #27036 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 13:41:32 »

I don't have money for even fakes atm. I'm just wondering how long people will wait before they resort to fakes. The design is still the most clean and nice keyboard adornment to me.

Given the situation in China right now, seems to me they've resorted to fakes long ago.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #27037 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 04:47:43 »
i'm pretty sure fakes have gotten into the hands of reputable members without them knowing as well.  i would avoid most caps without knowing the ownership history.

also i have faith that cc will be back someday.  or maybe he is just tired of all this ****, haha.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27038 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 08:20:26 »
i'm pretty sure fakes have gotten into the hands of reputable members without them knowing as well.  i would avoid most caps without knowing the ownership history.

also i have faith that cc will be back someday.  or maybe he is just tired of all this ****, haha.

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

fakes suck :(

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #27039 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 08:27:19 »
tfw you have 0 clacks now

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #27040 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 12:32:17 »
tfw you have 0 clacks now

Show Image

Welcome to the true master race.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #27041 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 20:55:04 »
And those individuals who persist in having a picture of a Clack as their avatar.

:))

Oh, wait ...

PS. It's a genuine Clack from the man himself!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #27042 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 21:23:44 »
And those individuals who persist in having a picture of a Clack as their avatar.

:))

Oh, wait ...

PS. It's a genuine Clack from the man himself!

Or is it?

Dun dun dunnnnnnn

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Clack Therapy
« Reply #27043 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 21:34:56 »
I don't want a fake. My clacks have a sentimental value to me, reminding me of the old days in the forum when I was a noob.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 October 2017, 06:42:13 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #27044 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 06:07:38 »
Weeey Clack logged into both accounts on Sunday, welcome back clacko  ;D ;D ;D ;D

#notastalker

Offline joey

« Reply #27045 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 06:09:05 »
Weeey Clack logged into both accounts on Sunday, welcome back clacko  ;D ;D ;D ;D

#notastalker
Great news!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #27046 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 06:43:04 »

#notastalker

Pretty sure that counts as stalking, but I'm glad anyway :D
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #27047 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 07:12:08 »
Clack stuff brings up drama, but the excitement and happiness STRONGLY outweighs it.

Thanks for stalking, Pupper Master.

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #27048 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 07:25:27 »

#notastalker

I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #27049 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 07:29:30 »
Clack stuff brings up drama, but the excitement and happiness STRONGLY outweighs it.

Thanks for stalking, Pupper Master.
:-* I'm just glad he's doing better! I don´t mind if he quit making caps but having him around the forum is making it feel oldschool again...