Author Topic: [IC] GMK Yuru | Pricing Update | Group Buy September 1st | gmkyuru.com  (Read 99116 times)

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server

GMK Yuru
Group Buy on September 1st
https://gmkyuru.com/

GB PAGE IS LIVE

> Discord Server
> Instagram

Abstract
More
Yuru Camp is an anime I thoroughly enjoyed, and knowing my previous history of making 'weeb' GMK sets (see: GMK Noel), I thought it was only obvious to make a Yuru Camp themed one given the popularity (season 2 soon :p) and the vast oppurtunity for novelties. However, GMK Camping r2 (Camping in Japan) was already about to run at that time, and I didn't want to overlap that set by creating something uncannily similar. That and most of the colours from the show didn't appeal to me as being something that could be translated well into keycaps. That all changed when one day, when I was just at a uni event, one of my friends came in with a piece of merchandise: Shima Rin's scarf from the show! I loved the colours of it, and knew I had to make a set based on it.

Vendors
Group Buy will be available from September 1st to October 1st through the following vendors

Pricing
Prices are in USD through Cannon Keys; for all other vendors please refer to the official site link
  • Base Kit: $134.99
  • Hiragana Base Kit: $134.99
  • Extensions: $39.99
  • Novelties: $59.99
  • (≧◡≦) (Emote): $25.99
  • Deskmats: $16.99
  • Puppies Rama: $38

Colours
Please keep in mind that it is very difficult to capture colours on a semi-gloss coating, and as such, use these colour samples as a general guide on what to expect and not as a finite reference. Colours have been graded with a colourchecker.

• GMK CP for Alphas and Modifier Legends
  • GMK WS2 for Accent Legends
  • RAL 010 30 30 for Alpha Legends and Modifiers
  • RAL 190 80 25 for Accents
The colours for the set include a rich burgundy for mods, mild cream for alphas and mod legends, and a light teal for accents as seen from the picture. This was initially colour-matched from the show as the physical scarf was too saturated, but was later adjusted slightly to better suit the set. WS2 was used on Accent Legends to provide better contrast and uniformity with the mods legends.

Kit Renders

Latin Base Kit

Hiragana Base Kit

40s/Ortho/Spacebars (Extension) Kit

Novelties Kit

(≧◡≦) Kit
Rin-chan

Extras

Accessories Deskmat

Nightscapes Deskmat

Puppies Rama

Board Renders

No.1 Rev.2 by Keycult
Rendered by pikku-allu

7v by gok
Rendered by Abec13

TMOv2 by funderburker
Rendered by Abec13

Iron165 by Smith+Rune
Rendered by Abec13

Chimera65 by Upas
Rendered by Abec13

OSA by BlindAssassin111
Rendered by MetallicCharles

Signature
Support the set by displaying a signature on your forum profile
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=108227][img width=373 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/j92Ngqo.png[/img][/url]

« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2020, 07:51:42 by Agilr »

Offline OtherAndrew

Re: [IC] GMK Yuru
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 06:57:41 »
does this have the same red as gmk camping?

this is very important

edit: after extensive review i have concluded that this does not have the same red as gmk camping

novelty arrows, 1.5u yuru camp mods, and enter would be greatly appreciated, however
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2019, 07:12:37 by OtherAndrew »

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 07:04:59 »
I have a mighty need for this, it'll be the comfiest set of 2020.

Also needs a Kirby novelty :))

Offline xIHA

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 07:10:53 »
My favorite anime of all time. Definitely in for one
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 November 2019, 07:13:20 by xIHA »
Jane v2 | OTD 456gt | LZ Physix | xIHEx (One off comission) | Duck kingsaver | G80-1838HPU

Offline Xynerorias

• Lubin' with glicerin
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 07:26:50 »
If you want to go the UK route, it's missing an R4 <>, to replace the R4 |\
And maybe an AltGr?
And a red enter for the numpad would be nice too.

But other than that I like what I see, good looking set. Dunno if I'll be buying it as I'm trying to save up and calm down on keyboards related purchases but I like this!

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

Offline kurple

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 07:29:27 »
Another great set! It looks awesome and I can't wait to find a nice red board to pair with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 07:51:28 »
I'm in.
This is so beautiful and is ready for GB.
Please start GB asap.   :thumb:

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 08:11:20 »
What about GMK Yaoi, when we gonna get this

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 08:27:48 »
Acorn novelty or riot

Offline Popopro

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 08:48:49 »

How about GMK Yuri first, when we gonna get this

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 09:05:36 »

That exists already though.

Offline idlemao

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 09:09:57 »
Now this is cute. Can't wait for this to run!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline vi0till

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 09:12:23 »
I'm in.
This is so beautiful and is ready for GB.
Please start GB asap.   :thumb:

Count me in...

Offline pancake

• instagram
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 09:59:29 »
my wallet is ready for the comf
SA Bisoromi | GMK Gregory
More
HHKB Snow | HHKB Snow 25th | Kafka 87 | OTD 360c | Realforce R3TL BT | RS | RS60 | RS65 | TGR Jane v2 CE

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 09:59:45 »

Actually, you got it the wrong way around: English (UK) requires R4 \|; R4 <> is for English (USA), terminal style (PC style uses R4 \| instead).

This kit, as it stands now, has correct(*) support for English (UK) alpha keys (it IS missing AltGr, but that's not an alpha).

(*) This is assuming the tertiary legends have been consciously omitted (something that I don't like, but it's generally accepted that it's up to the kit designer; in English (UK) the only affected keycaps are: R1 `¬¦ and R1 4$€).

Offline Tyson

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 10:06:00 »

Actually, you got it the wrong way around: English (UK) requires R4 \|; R4 <> is for English (USA), terminal style (PC style uses R4 \| instead).

This kit, as it stands now, has correct(*) support for English (UK) alpha keys (it IS missing AltGr, but that's not an alpha).

(*) This is assuming the tertiary legends have been consciously omitted (something that I don't like, but it's generally accepted that it's up to the kit designer; in English (UK) the only affected keycaps are: R1 `¬¦ and R1 4$€).

I've always wondered why the right alt is AltGr in sets, what does the Gr stand for?

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 10:06:41 »
Considering the source of inspiration, the base kit should use Hiragana sub-legends as default.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 10:16:54 »
as long as that red doesn't go any darker, I love it.  I would prefer something a bit closer to red than plum if anything.

Look where you wrote Yuru in the first photo.  That red is perfect.  but it's brighter than the red in the renders.  Maybe it's just a lighting thing.

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 10:44:35 »
I've always wondered why the right alt is AltGr in sets, what does the Gr stand for?

"Alt Gr" stands for "Alternate Graphic", and indicates the key is used to produce characters in the tertiary and quaternary layers(*); this key is present in most of the extant national layouts (including several extended versions of English (USA) over ANSISO or ISO).

Also: yes, it was a staggeringly short-sighted decision from whoever at IBM that thought that placing just one AltGr key in the keyboard would be enough... and just as bad as using the right Alt key to this effect.

(*) Base and Shift are the primary and secondary layers.

Offline kawaiislowpoke

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 11:14:30 »
made an account because i need comfy keyboard

Offline Helpingly

• Hiya! I'm Helpingly
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 11:31:15 »
Awesome job putting accent spacebars in the base kit.

Looks good. Tent novelty best novelty.

Offline SurfGalaxy

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 11:43:20 »
Ral 190 80 20 is the cure to my depression

Offline belgium_waffles

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 13:27:23 »
Very comfy set

Offline Quinella

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 13:36:10 »
"ne colemak avail"

Offline Popopro

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 14:35:43 »

That exists already though.

Shoot. The other type of yuri pls.

Offline octix

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 14:49:24 »
Wow! What an amazing set, been in the works for ages, it’s amazing seeing this come into fruition.
Props to Aglir, amazing designer and great guy.
Can’t wait to see what’s to come!

Discord: octix#0478

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 20:46:44 »
does this have the same red as gmk camping?

this is very important

edit: after extensive review i have concluded that this does not have the same red as gmk camping

novelty arrows, 1.5u yuru camp mods, and enter would be greatly appreciated, however

The novelties kit is already at 18 unique keys, so it's going to be relatively pricey compared to other sets so 1.5u yuru camp mods will most likely not make it as the majority of boards use 1.25u. Arrows I'd like to include, but coming up with something original separate to Campings arrows is something I've struggled with, especially with R1 being almost perfect personally. Enters will be considered, but again, would like something that ties the set well to justify increasing moulds.

Offline jaden

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 21:33:38 »
I love yuru camp, this set looks great. Novelties are amazing. I just wished the colors were more similar to Rin's scarf if you're basing the inspiration more from that

Offline rora

• Summitcables
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 21:35:16 »
I can't wait for this!

maybe secret project soon? ;)
Heavensward

Matrix 8x V2.0 Blue | Matrix 8x V2.0 Tiffany Blue | LZ SE MP | TGR Jane V2 Blue Grey | TGR Jane V2 Pink | TGR Jane V2 CE | Keycult No2, Rev1 | Keycult No2, Rev1 | TGR 910 CE | TGRxSinga Unikorn | Orion V3 | Xeno | Mira SE | Kmac Happy | Kyuu | QXP | LZ CLS H | Poly Singa | TXCP | E6V2 FE

Offline mimalik

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 09:50:28 »
Any possibility of splitting the numpad as separate kit from base? Love the colors.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 11:26:17 »
Numpad shouldn't force accent colored enter, but it should stay in base.

Offline firetruckboy

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 14:48:29 »
For some reason burgundy has been growing on me lately...

Offline stonefist

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 18:02:27 »
I love the set, going all in!!!!

Offline Jude.

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 22:36:26 »
Looks great! I am in

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 09:53:20 »
This one is a cutie.

Offline shiroshiro

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 10:29:32 »
I love the set! But I hope the GB would be around Jan to save my wallet  :-[

Offline Myouri

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 19:56:19 »
Look great. I really like the anime and also this set colors. I’m totally in now XD. Hope there well be GB for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 03:33:01 »

I am hoping to run it after GMK Noel GB (early Q2 2020) to ensure that everything gets nailed for it.

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 09 November 2019, 03:51:02 »
I have 1 friend wanting in on this, so +1 interest :)
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 15:57:13 »
Very nice! And love that there is UK ISO in base. Will be joining for sure

Offline Myouri

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 04:20:17 »

I am hoping to run it after GMK Noel GB (early Q2 2020) to ensure that everything gets nailed for it.
I’ll definitely get this set and Noel one if they are ready for GB. Lol. I’m such a weeb. XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dissitesuxba11s

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 09:13:05 »
Any chance that the Hiragana alphas be part of the base kit instead of the Latin alphas, similar to Camping in Japan?

Offline firetruckboy

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 13:06:20 »
Any chance that the Hiragana alphas be part of the base kit instead of the Latin alphas, similar to Camping in Japan?

+1 to this.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 14:17:21 »

+1 to this.

My preference will be to have it as a separate kit as is. It may be a tough call to go one way or another, but will respect community feedback and designer's choice.

Offline firetruckboy

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 18:57:09 »

+1 to this.

My preference will be to have it as a separate kit as is. It may be a tough call to go one way or another, but will respect community feedback and designer's choice.

If there's interest in placing the hiragana sublegends in the base kit, I think a poll would be a good idea. I personally prefer the hiragana sublegends and don't need a spare set of alphas (if I were to buy both kits). But of course, I'd prioritize whichever option means costing the community as a whole less.  :thumb:

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 04:18:03 »

Hey, thanks for your interest on the set! As for plans on including hiragana sub-legends into base kit instead of add-on kit, even though I understand the set is based around a japanese anime and would be second nature to include, I have some bias towards latin legends over it. For one, I feel sub-legends somewhat detriment the aesthetics of the set as it makes alpha keys 'busy' having 2 legends on each key which I don't think balances well with the icon + bottom row text mods. By having something more minimal, I feel it conveys the sets themes of warmth and comfort in camping better, especially on white alphas where there is already enough contrast. Also, I believe that japanese sub-legends are somewhat overdone and saturated in the community, where it is added on the basis of a japanese-themed set. Additionally, people who might not be acquainted with the anime and/or japanese culture might buy the set because of the colours, which is something I have to respect.

Of course, this is only one person's opinion, and if there is an overwhelming majority of people who want to have it in base kit and/or people who are interested in buying both the base kit and sub-legends kit, I'll make it happen. Please feel free to voice your opinions on the IC Form.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 06:31:05 »

Hey, thanks for your interest on the set! As for plans on including hiragana sub-legends into base kit instead of add-on kit, even though I understand the set is based around a japanese anime and would be second nature to include, I have some bias towards latin legends over it. For one, I feel sub-legends somewhat detriment the aesthetics of the set as it makes alpha keys 'busy' having 2 legends on each key which I don't think balances well with the icon + bottom row text mods. By having something more minimal, I feel it conveys the sets themes of warmth and comfort in camping better, especially on white alphas where there is already enough contrast. Also, I believe that japanese sub-legends are somewhat overdone and saturated in the community, where it is added on the basis of a japanese-themed set. Additionally, people who might not be acquainted with the anime and/or japanese culture might buy the set because of the colours, which is something I have to respect.

Of course, this is only one person's opinion, and if there is an overwhelming majority of people who want to have it in base kit and/or people who are interested in buying both the base kit and sub-legends kit, I'll make it happen. Please feel free to voice your opinions on the IC Form.
Everytime a GMK set has hiragana sublegends in the base kit

1. People complain about "busy-looking legends"
2. and complain
3. and complain
4. Then the GB starts and MOQ is reached wthin a week.

Serika, Camping R2, Alter, etc. It just keeps happening.

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 06:49:23 »

Everytime a GMK set has hiragana sublegends in the base kit

1. People complain about "busy-looking legends"
2. and complain
3. and complain
4. Then the GB starts and MOQ is reached wthin a week.

Serika, Camping R2, Alter, etc. It just keeps happening.

As I've said, I've chosen to go with Latin Alphas as I feel it works better for the nature of the set without external bias. Also, I don't think it's right to assume that base kits that have hiragana subs will be successful given many other factors that goes into it. However, if the majority are interested in both kits I'd be more than happy to change the set to include hiragana sub-legends into base kit.

Offline Dissitesuxba11s

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 07:24:05 »

Thank you for the reply. All the points you made absolutely makes sense especially the one about pulling in people not familiar with the anime. I'm still interested and look forward to it with whatever alphas the base kit includes.

Offline ivu

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 11:27:29 »
I also agree on the busy looks for kits including sublegends on the latin alphas.
For example, i'm really into the Red Samurai kit which is a must for me but i had to pass on the current "drop" just because i don't like the additional sublegends.
That's why i passed on it and will wait for the regular set with only latin alphas.