Author Topic: [IC] GMK Gunfight  (Read 16743 times)

Offline Jefff

• jlabs.co
Re: [IC] GMK Outlaw
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 01:48:29 »
had to make an april fools joke huh? you should focus on the other april fools joke you have currently running. just an after thought ;)
Jelly delights set isn't my design and technically im not running it. This one is mine
If you have any constructive criticism i'm really happy to read it...

You literally posted this...
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=111390.0

Offline kaysoo1337

Re: [IC] GMK Gunfight
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 18:24:00 »
Truth be told the ad hominem arguments are too heavy on this thread. I like the idea of a cowboy key set, but will have to sit this one out for I don't trust OP enough. Hopefully, I am mistaken.

Have a good day lads.
I’m a complete different person from Kozify... if there is a way to confirm this i would be really happy
If this gives something , my account is way older than those 2
Show Image

I've trusted from the start that you are a different person, I just feel bad that kozify has twisted you into his mess and now your image will be affected by his actions.
I really wish to start geathering feedback about the set ,and move on from this things...

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 18:26:38 »
had to make an april fools joke huh? you should focus on the other april fools joke you have currently running. just an after thought ;)
Jelly delights set isn't my design and technically im not running it. This one is mine
If you have any constructive criticism i'm really happy to read it...

You literally posted this...
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=111390.0
Kozify is the one who gives me the IC updates and other stuff i just post them because he got banned , as you can see in the IC he even states his nickname , not mine ,i'm just a midlle man helping him...
Also the first comment on that IC explains why Jelly Delights is posted on my account
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 April 2021, 18:39:05 by kaysoo1337 »

Offline Weaselpc

Re: [IC] GMK Gunfight | Changed Color Scheme
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 18:49:34 »
You could call it:

Old West
Tumbleweed
"Howdy" - hello in cowboy
Saloons
Buckaroo

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 18:51:48 »
You could call it:

Old West
Tumbleweed
"Howdy" - hello in cowboy
Saloons
Buckaroo
Thank you for the sugestion ,if i will plan any changes i think i will use something from your list :thumb:

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 18:55:44 »
Wow! Colors are much better this time around, looking forward to the new novelties  :thumb:

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 18:59:28 »
Wow! Colors are much better this time around, looking forward to the new novelties  :thumb:
Thanks a lot ,i like them more too  :D
Actually i got inspired by this

« Last Edit: Sat, 03 April 2021, 19:02:21 by kaysoo1337 »

Offline balance

Re: [IC] GMK Gunfight | 40's kit added
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 11:57:09 »
Waiting for the new novelties  :)

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 12:00:20 »
It's a real shame seeing the comments on this thread. Especially from those of you who would call yourselves fellow designers. If you're unable to give constructive criticism for keycaps then you probably shouldn't be looking at IC's period. Unwarranted negative remarks are not something that we need in this space.

OP, my thoughts on the set. First of all you have kitting, colors, and renders which is a great start for your IC so you're on the right track!

I do see some artifacting on the novelty renders. I am not sure where thats coming from but perhaps a revisiting those would be beneficial. I know of some talented SVG people in the community that could lend their hand in polishing those for you.

I am not a huge fan of the colors. I do like the idea of brown yellow and white but I think these shades don't work that well together. Perhaps something a bit more "dusty" to help set the mood.

I do like the theme but I am hoping you develop it a bit more. I would love to see some more "grit" in the theme maybe.

Good luck working on your set! the Keycap Designer Discord is a great place to get more help and resources as you plan your direction for the set. You can also reach out to me on my Discord if you need guidance on some of the process's and meta.
I agree with everything you said in terms of recommendations, but i don't think you know the whole backstory.

He has been to the keycap deisgner discord, and rushed the set. I know this for a fact, and I can/will provide screen shots
He knew about how scuffed his novelties and renders were, and did nothing
Show Image

He also acknowledges that he rushed, and he will "change" things. They have not, he just posted anyway
Show Image

He was still asking about how good was the concept, TODAY
Show Image

And what the hell is this? He contradicted himself in the same screenshot lol. He said he won't rush and won't post until it's ready, but here we are.
Show Image

I'll attempt to find more stuff later, but i think this speaks for itself so far.

You can contact me at iinko#3028 on discord if you'd like a fast response over geekhack. You can also check the keycap designer discord if you want to verify anything, it is in the #off-topic-lounge channel.
Thanks for pointing out this big mistake, hope everyone can leave advices, in order to make the design better )
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 April 2021, 12:12:08 by kaysoo1337 »

Offline kaysoo1337

Re: [IC] GMK Gunfight | 40's kit added
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 18:31:39 »
Waiting for the new novelties  :)
Means a lot to me :D

Offline fruitykeeb

• Storefront
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 21:58:01 »
Not my favorite, but still looks really good  :thumb:

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 00:33:35 »
Not my favorite, but still looks really good  :thumb:
Apreciate it  :D

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 14:56:40 »
wow internal keyset designer drama is so boring

Totally cannot understand the key cap designer drama. most do not even do any designing themselves and pay others to draw novelties and deskmats, somehow they feel qualified to call others out. Not everyone of course but I feel in keyboards this is a frequent thing where they take themselves and their design" skills"  too seriously. Though there are some special talented folks who really know how to bring an idea to life.
I wish the comment Hoffman added on the Jelly Delights wil help getting over this mess

Offline nvh2092

Re: [IC] GMK Gunfight | Deskmat and Novelty Kit Added
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 15:14:36 »
New colors look very good. I have some feedback about your kitting:
_ Base: F13 should be in mod color due to color sequence: F9-F12 are in alpha. The second 5 in numpad looks like it's barred too which is the same to the first 5, it may be render mistake or my computer is dead...I don't know.
_ Novelty: Can you consider making 1u novelties to cover the nav colomn on 65/75s layouts and adding iso enter novelties (Like the novelty kit of GMK Earth Tones and Lavender)?
_ Bar kit: I think mod color for space bar is not a good idea, please consider changing these 2 mod bars (6u I believe) to alpha color.

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 17:07:51 »
New colors look very good. I have some feedback about your kitting:
_ Base: F13 should be in mod color due to color sequence: F9-F12 are in alpha. The second 5 in numpad looks like it's barred too which is the same to the first 5, it may be render mistake or my computer is dead...I don't know.
_ Novelty: Can you consider making 1u novelties to cover the nav colomn on 65/75s layouts and adding iso enter novelties (Like the novelty kit of GMK Earth Tones and Lavender)?
_ Bar kit: I think mod color for space bar is not a good idea, please consider changing these 2 mod bars (6u I believe) to alpha color.
Added the changes that reffered to the base and bars, thank you very much for your feedback !

Offline DontStealMyLolipop

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 11:36:44 »

That looks really dope ngl,GLWIC  ;D
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 April 2021, 11:38:20 by DontStealMyLolipop »

Offline Owl

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 11:40:10 »
this is developing so well!

Offline kure_

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 11:59:48 »
looks similiar to GMK Lucky Cat

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 12:37:01 »
looks similiar to GMK Lucky Cat
In fact the colors are pretty different

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 12:48:28 »
this is developing so well!
Thanks for your support !  :D

Offline TokiToki

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 11:18:15 »
I love cowboys and i'm super interested in this set.
The novelties look a bit bland though. I'm not sure the bag translates very well. 
You have a cowboy hat and cactus on your deskmat, maybe you can pull something from those instead

The line inside the sheriff badge seems very thin as well.

Offline RUN_GMSEE

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 11:41:15 »
wow internal keyset designer drama is so boring

Totally cannot understand the key cap designer drama. most do not even do any designing themselves and pay others to draw novelties and deskmats, somehow they feel qualified to call others out. Not everyone of course but I feel in keyboards this is a frequent thing where they take themselves and their design" skills"  too seriously. Though there are some special talented folks who really know how to bring an idea to life.

SO TRUE!!!

Offline aethernet

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 12:33:12 »
some of the renders show UK-ISO keys but the base kit only has terminal ISO.

also, if you plan on keeping the R3 1.5u enter and R2 1.75u backspace, i suggest adding an R3 1.25u tab key for basic 40's coverage.

Offline kaysoo1337

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 12:09:58 »
I love cowboys and i'm super interested in this set.
The novelties look a bit bland though. I'm not sure the bag translates very well. 
You have a cowboy hat and cactus on your deskmat, maybe you can pull something from those instead

The line inside the sheriff badge seems very thin as well.
novelties are still redesigned  :thumb:

Offline Havattack

Re: [IC] GMK Gunfight | Deskmat Added
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 21 April 2021, 14:05:11 »
I would of been down if the entire kit was the color of the mod keys. That tan color is unique among keysets. I don't care for the alpha keys colors though, at all.

Offline kaysoo1337

Re: [IC] GMK Gunfight | Deskmat Added
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 14:23:24 »
I would of been down if the entire kit was the color of the mod keys. That tan color is unique among keysets. I don't care for the alpha keys colors though, at all.
Thanks for your feedback ,interesting point.