Bazh's Codename: Weaven
26 (45.6%)
Taeyoung Koh's LK-1800fe
18 (31.6%)
Kurplop's Alumapop
13 (22.8%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Thu, 09 July 2015, 11:05:17

Author Topic: Keyboard of the month - June - Vote!  (Read 6163 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
Keyboard of the month - June - Vote!
« on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 11:03:22 »
At the second time of asking, here is the poll thread for Keyboard of the month for June!

There was a clear favourite this month, however that doesn't necessarily translate into votes...

This month's nominees are:

Bazh's Codename: Weaven

Build log can be found here

Taeyoung Koh's LK-1800fe

Details on how you may be able to own one of these yourself, can be found here

And finally, the finished Alumaplop, by Kurplop

Full build log can be found here and the flikr album can be found here

The vote will still last for seven days, even after delays, so hopefully we get enough people coming back on to check GH is alive again :)
As always, the previous threads can be found below this one, and rules are here:

More
1.   A nomination thread will go up for the last two weeks of every month. You can nominate anybody you like, (even yourself) and any person can have any number of nominations every month.

a.   These boards should be ones you are drawn to, ones that stand out for one reason or another. Keysets, modifications, whatever you fancy. I don’t want to have to post guidelines or restrictions on the boards, but I may change this depending on the types of submissions we get over the first few months. Please also say a little bit about each board you nominate, as to the reasons why you think it deserves to be up for KOTM.

b.   The board must have been posted to the forums since the start of the calendar month. It can have been posted before then, but you must provide a link to the images that were posted after the first day of the calendar month.

c.   Keyboards may be resubmitted in subsequent months, but they must have had a picture or progress posted within the calendar month that they are nominated for.

d.   NO THEMES RIGHT NOW. These may or may not follow in the coming months. This also may or may not tie in with the calendar that may or may not happen at the end of next year.

2.   However, after the initial two week period of nominations, a user will only have ONE board get through to the final public voting process. The final three nominees will be selected by myself from the most nominated and praised board in the nomination thread. E.G. If one board is posted and has the most +1s, quotes or references  by other users in said thread, that will be chosen as one of the final three. Essentially, there is a crowd unofficial voting before the public voting. The final three are not up to me, they are up to you.

3.   PLEASE post some good quality photos of the board you are nominating. I’m not looking for Macro lenses and DSLRs, but maybe more than one, top down, blurry shot would be nice. I realise if it isn’t your board there isn’t much you can do about it, but just pick a couple that aren’t terrible from an album or post.

4.   On the 1st of every month, a poll thread will go up. This will consist of three finalists. Again, a user will only have one of their boards get through to this stage during any particular month. You can of course be nominated on another month. There will be one vote per person, and the results will remain anonymous until the voting closes.

5.   After a period of one week, the voting will be closed and a winner will be announced. The winner will be posted both on that month's voting thread, and the following month's nominations thread. I’m not sure if there will be a prize every month, but if there is then I will sort it out and backdate it if I come up with one in a few months time.

6.   The winner of each monthly process will go through to the ANNUAL KEYBOARD OF THE YEAR process, and the winner of the will DEFINITELY win a prize which I will work out in a year’s time.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 July 2015, 11:05:45 by katushkin »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Re: Keyboard of the month - June - Vote!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 13:48:31 »
omg wonder who's gonna win :p
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 17:49:06 »
It's actually a really tough call this month. All three are fully-custom builds, each one very unique in its own way.

Personally, I will always vote for an 1800.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 13:14:25 »
I absolutely positively know what I voted for!
 :thumb:

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 21:32:06 »
I absolutely positively know what I voted for!
 :thumb:
I should hope so :))

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 15:36:36 »
I should hope so :))

I agree!  Not only for myself, but for everyone. 

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 16:50:56 »
You're making me choose between these three... ?

I want the 1800, I love the idea of the Alumaplop and Project Weaven makes my mind race with possibilities of designing my own board some day...
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 July 2015, 16:55:55 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 00:11:26 »
I’m torn between the subtle aesthetics of the LK-1800fe and the nerdy creativity of Alumapop. I’ll gonna vote  Alumapop for the sake of nerddom.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 July 2015, 00:14:56 by Eszett »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 10:07:07 »
Wow, excellent selection this month!  :D  Tough choice for sure.  Congrats to all nominees, even those that may not win.  These are all amazing boards.   :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 10:32:33 »
This month was an easy vote for me but I was really really into bazh's Carbon Fiber board. :D

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 04:54:37 »
Ladies and gents there are 6 hours left to get your votes in for this month's poll! Anybody can vote, so get yours in now!

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 13:52:09 »
And that's a wrap...

I have yet to vote for a winner. I never realized how many wrong people there were on GH!

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 15:13:57 »
Well there you have it guys and girls, Bazh's Codename: Weaven is indeed the winner and will be added to 2015's hall of fame. It was a lot closer than I thought it would be after the nominations, but commiserations to Kurplop and Taeyoung Koh.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 15:18:05 »
Congrats Bazh, nice job :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 16:18:40 »
Congratulations Bazh on the win. Your keyboard is very well done and I felt honored to be in the running.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 16:40:53 »
Congrats! that board really is a work of art

Offline yobinad

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 18:44:44 »
Congratulations to all. Great keyboards  :thumb:

I'm not a fan of "ergostyle" keyboards, but the Alumaplop is a piece of know how. In three words, it is AM AZ ING !!!!

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Keyboard of the month - June - Vote!
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 22:19:19 »
WOW this is big for me! Thanks for all your kind words and many loves for the board, it make me very happy to even have my name on the nominations, and winning is something huge to me :p

Congrats Teayoung and Kurplop also, your keyboards are awesome, 1800 and Ergonomic are always my all-time favorite layouts, hope I can do some that could be as fanstatic as yours are some day :thumb:
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again