Author Topic: [GB] GMK Hammerhead | July 6th - 31st  (Read 99858 times)

Offline yhs

Re: [GB] GMK Hammerhead | July 6th - 31st
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 10:43:49 »
Vendor ? Country?

Candykeys. Denmark, EU. Not uncommon for the European proxy to be the first shipping out considering GMK is located in Germany.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 04:57:28 »
Our sets are in transit to us! Typically shipping takes around 2 weeks to clear customs and then arrive.

Offline supermunny

« Reply #152 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 06:45:23 »

Received mine today. I find the colors a bit disappointing, the alphas & modifiers are a lot closer to each other than what the render depicted. The modifiers are dark blue rather than the grayish tone. The photo is next to a window with light from overcast sky.

The kits were good, reasonable pricing on the NorDe kit! Should have grabbed that cyan space bar though...
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 October 2021, 06:50:57 by supermunny »

Offline Mistah

« Reply #153 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 09:51:59 »
The alphas look a lot less dark than render too. Reminds me of GMK Laser R2, where the synthwave set was essentially purple instead of the more "GMK Metropolis" vibe from the renders

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #154 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 10:30:43 »
I am still waiting for mine but just saying the pictures( lens quality, lighting etc etc) can be quite wild and not really a correct representation.
There are too many factors that are going on here.
I hope to verify mine when I get it!!

Offline mvkoto

« Reply #155 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 21:54:27 »
Show Image

Received mine today. I find the colors a bit disappointing, the alphas & modifiers are a lot closer to each other than what the render depicted. The modifiers are dark blue rather than the grayish tone. The photo is next to a window with light from overcast sky.

The kits were good, reasonable pricing on the NorDe kit! Should have grabbed that cyan space bar though...

Yikes. let's hope it really is just a lighting thing because if not, this is quite disappointing

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #156 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 23:26:03 »
That looks exactly like 533c blue in bright sunlight.

Offline ic33hot

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 28 October 2021, 01:08:06 »
I also hope it’s a lighting thing. The cyan looks too blue and there’s very little contrast between the mods and alphas.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #158 on: Thu, 28 October 2021, 02:01:39 »
Maybe the knock off version on alibaba is closer to the renders...

Offline Dotnick

« Reply #159 on: Thu, 28 October 2021, 11:51:57 »
Show Image

Ahh yes, the tried and true "lets all freak out at the first pictures someone sends of the set" Geekhack trope.

It's just one picture taken in a specific lighting situation. Better to go back a little bit and look at the approved color samples than this picture alone, or wait for more pictures to really start to worry.

Offline kiyoboard

• https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
    • https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 28 October 2021, 14:26:13 »
Show Image

Ahh yes, the tried and true "lets all freak out at the first pictures someone sends of the set" Geekhack trope.

It's just one picture taken in a specific lighting situation. Better to go back a little bit and look at the approved color samples than this picture alone, or wait for more pictures to really start to worry.

They are not freaking out from someone else's photo. They say they have received the set.

Offline IBMweMissU

« Reply #161 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 02:38:25 »
Also, its not just a photo - he also gave his opinions, but yeah, lets wait and see.

Offline Eipplepod

« Reply #162 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 05:48:08 »
Show Image

I received mine yesterday and just unpacked it to check and i'd say you are right! The modifiers are pretty far off the grayish tone on the renders. Your picture compared to what i have on hand looks a bit oversaturated but if you compare alphas & mods it gives a pretty accurate view on how they compare to each other.

Edit: I just looked at the Pantone Colour Chips that have been posted at the end of the OP, it's pretty accurate to what i received. Renders are a bit misleading tho they are just renders. IMO it looks quite nice but a lighter tone for the mods would have made it pop more.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 October 2021, 06:41:24 by Eipplepod »

Offline supermunny

« Reply #163 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 07:28:43 »
I received mine yesterday and just unpacked it to check and i'd say you are right! The modifiers are pretty far off the grayish tone on the renders. Your picture compared to what i have on hand looks a bit oversaturated but if you compare alphas & mods it gives a pretty accurate view on how they compare to each other.

Edit: I just looked at the Pantone Colour Chips that have been posted at the end of the OP, it's pretty accurate to what i received. Renders are a bit misleading tho they are just renders. IMO it looks quite nice but a lighter tone for the mods would have made it pop more.
True, they do indeed look quite close to those Pantone color examples. I didn't pay much attention to them earlier, just looked at the renders. And the renders seem to have a lot more contrast between the alphas & mods, which I feel would have looked better.

Not saying it's bad either, but agree with the missing "pop factor" :cool: Especially in slightly lower light it just looks like a quite uniformly dark set.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 October 2021, 07:30:43 by supermunny »

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #164 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 10:05:34 »
Got it today as well - Indeed it's true to pantone samples. I never trust renders anyway so I'm ok with the result (which looks really nice in person).

Offline Havattack

« Reply #165 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 14:16:54 »
The pic several post above this one makes the set look good to me. Still pissed i missed out on the novelty set though.. I might buy the knock off set just for those keys..

Offline Eipplepod

« Reply #166 on: Tue, 02 November 2021, 07:54:14 »
I thought i would also add some pictures for reference!
It's just iPhone camera and not the best lighting. Open windows / cloudy day, light falling in from left and right.
277987-0
277989-1
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 November 2021, 07:58:33 by Eipplepod »

« Reply #167 on: Tue, 02 November 2021, 08:15:52 »
Eipplepod, for color perspective, what set is your right split spacebar from?

Offline Eipplepod

« Reply #168 on: Tue, 02 November 2021, 09:47:09 »
That is Modern Dolch 2. I will update tomorrow with Modo light and Modo 2 next to Hammerhead for better comparison.
Can't today, sun is almost gone would make it look even worse now.

Offline Eipplepod

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 03:56:04 »
That is Modern Dolch 2. I will update tomorrow with Modo light and Modo 2 next to Hammerhead for better comparison.
Can't today, sun is almost gone would make it look even worse now.
That should be better lighting. Same wheater conditions as first pictures.
Modern Dolch Light > Hammerhead > Modern Dolch 2
278003-0
278005-1
278007-2
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 November 2021, 04:01:58 by Eipplepod »

Offline Buster69

« Reply #170 on: Sun, 07 November 2021, 09:41:36 »
Feel like the mods are a little more blue than they should be and should be more grey. Either way, excited to see for myself and hopefully I'll love the set regardless. I'll take proper photos and report back

Offline Chazmondo

« Reply #171 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 06:00:07 »
Set arrived today - thought I was going to be really let down after looking at some of the pictures on here but I'm not. They look great even though they are different to the renders.

The colours are slightly darker than the renders but are spot on with the colour samples. I'm a lot happier with this set than the solarised dark set i got a while back...

Also kind of wish I had gone for a set of the novelties now though.

Anyone recieve the light alpha set?

Offline wybaugh

« Reply #172 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 10:12:02 »
Guys receiving sets, are you in US?  I still haven't received any notification of shipping, etc.

Offline brycedabull

« Reply #173 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 13:04:42 »
Guys receiving sets, are you in US?  I still haven't received any notification of shipping, etc.

I don't think any of the sets have made it to the US vendors yet.  I too haven't received any shipping updates or anything but I'm not concerned because there's usually a bit of a delay from everyone in Europe getting them.

« Reply #174 on: Thu, 11 November 2021, 00:21:15 »

4-6 weeks delay from the first EU pics on geekhack is about normal. They don’t have to travel far from GMK in Germany; our ports in the USA are a nightmare. Maybe before thanksgiving, maybe after.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #175 on: Thu, 11 November 2021, 13:36:53 »
Half the shipment arrived today. We expect the other half in about 1-2 weeks. All depends on clearing customs. Once in, we will immediately start shipping out.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 08:53:05 »
Shipment just arrived! Unboxing and then starting to ship out tomorrow.

Offline keebsnglass

« Reply #177 on: Thu, 18 November 2021, 15:40:49 »
Think the light set looks great

Offline Buster69

« Reply #178 on: Fri, 19 November 2021, 16:18:56 »
Received my set today. I think the alphas could have been a tad darker, but don't be fooled - it is a very good looking set!

I got a blue maja in anticipation for hammerhead, took a gamble on the color but I think they pair well. I managed to snag a couple good pics on my phone. Hopefully taking some shots with my camera tomorrow.

Offline Buster69

« Reply #179 on: Sun, 21 November 2021, 13:18:46 »
After the new set high wears off a bit

Offline andrewstar03

« Reply #180 on: Sun, 12 December 2021, 23:04:59 »
I just installed mine. The last piece I placed was the spacebar, unfortunately there is a big scratch on the side facing south. Is there a replacement for damaged keycaps or I have to buy a replacement for this?

Offline andrew4

« Reply #181 on: Tue, 14 December 2021, 02:51:32 »
Ask the vendor you bought from: replacement is their responsibility

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

Offline Havattack

« Reply #182 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 22:35:05 »
I just installed mine. The last piece I placed was the spacebar, unfortunately there is a big scratch on the side facing south. Is there a replacement for damaged keycaps or I have to buy a replacement for this?

Worst come to worst, You could sand it out, and then just polish that side until you get to a finish that resembles the the rest of the keycap.
Or, if there's someone here who has this set, and is on;y using their 7y space bar, maybe they could hook you up with their unneeded 6.25. (This might be me, not sure which keeb i'm putting set on yet though)
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 December 2021, 22:37:36 by Havattack »

Offline tsukune1349

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 17 December 2021, 00:37:57 »
Considering getting a base set from extras and from what I've seen in this stream colors look pretty nice.

Maybe the slight difference in modifiers' color is more noticeable with the dark base?

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #184 on: Sat, 01 January 2022, 17:57:37 »
It's just iPhone camera and not the best lighting. Open windows / cloudy day, light falling in from left and right.
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

What keeb is this?

Offline okidna

« Reply #185 on: Sat, 01 January 2022, 19:53:14 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

What keeb is this?

SP-111

Offline Rilow

« Reply #186 on: Thu, 19 January 2023, 14:35:07 »
Round 2?