Author Topic: Problem of my Zyko switches  (Read 1653 times)

Offline hyppialonso

Problem of my Zyko switches
« on: Sun, 23 May 2021, 09:57:30 »
I just made some zyko switches using panda top, zealios bottom and halo stem. But I find that they are so tight that in the first place very hard to push into even an aluminum plate. After forcefully pushing in, they are not functioning well as the top housing is pushed back a little bit by the plate.

I am planning to put them into a brass plate, cannot image it will work.
Am I the only one facing this problem?

Offline Leopard223

Re: Problem of my Zyko switches
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 22:48:48 »
Are you closing the switch properly? seems like the switches are not closed so the legs interfere with the insert?

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 23:15:08 »
there is no guarantees that parts from different manufacturers would fit each others.
this combination is just bad, I guess.

I once changed top housing of a switch, I forgot which brand, with outemu top housing and the stem can't move, even a little.

Offline hyppialonso

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 09:42:52 »
Are you closing the switch properly? seems like the switches are not closed so the legs interfere with the insert?
They are forced to closed, I am sure that I hear the 'clack' sound of them closing up but I wonder if it is too tight that the legs are slightly 'pushed' outward

Tried to search on the internet but seems that no one had encountered the question with trash panda top housing and zealios bottom housing

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 10:04:40 »
Could also be the plate. I know that my Duck Kustom has issues with almost every switch expect cherry switches. Seems like the switch is a bit to thick and the switch is basically pushed inwards from every side what will mess up with the tolerances and make the switch feel very bad. Not much you can do then redesign the plate or use non modded switches.

current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline hyppialonso

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 05:59:00 »
Could also be the plate. I know that my Duck Kustom has issues with almost every switch expect cherry switches. Seems like the switch is a bit to thick and the switch is basically pushed inwards from every side what will mess up with the tolerances and make the switch feel very bad. Not much you can do then redesign the plate or use non modded switches.
It would be a relief if it is the plate's problem, I hope the problem get eased if I use PC plate, cannot try as I don't have one at hands