Author Topic: Kalerator - Generate EAGLE PCB's from Keyboard-Layout-Editor  (Read 51235 times)

Offline tinyenormous

Re: Kalerator - Generate EAGLE PCB's from Keyboard-Layout-Editor
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 16:45:38 »
It sounds like you're super busy, so this is just a vote to say that I think this tool could be super helpful.

Thank you for starting it, and I'll be really excited when you have time to pick it back up!

Offline dragonpower2000

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 14:27:03 »
I placed the required libraries into the lbr folder but it gives me tons of errors... it can't find the Seeed components on the schematic and the board keeps saying Unknown Element: Y... etc.

Make sure to use the livraries

(right click and use)

Offline tobsn

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 11:47:27 »
(right click and use)

yeah i did, still tons of errors... cant find the libraries, cant find the generated items etc.
it's crazy, I tried moving them around, putting them into separate folders, replacing the Seeed folder etc.
nothing but errors, it essentially never finds the libraries...

Offline dragonpower2000

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 13:59:24 »
(right click and use)

yeah i did, still tons of errors... cant find the libraries, cant find the generated items etc.
it's crazy, I tried moving them around, putting them into separate folders, replacing the Seeed folder etc.
nothing but errors, it essentially never finds the libraries...

Are they in lots of subfolders? If so move them up. Otherwise I have no idea.  :(

Offline 27.9.2016

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 15:12:40 »
I placed the required libraries into the lbr folder but it gives me tons of errors... it can't find the Seeed components on the schematic and the board keeps saying Unknown Element: Y... etc.

Put all files with name seed into eagle folder SEED...

This fixed error for me  ;)

Offline tobsn

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 11:34:20 »

Put all files with name seed into eagle folder SEED...

Show Image

This fixed error for me  ;)

It works now to create the schematic but the board fails with LBRACKET and all other symbols... and then just freezes.

Never mind above - I forgot to switch to board view... BUT now I'm getting this:

... and afte pressing OK for some 50 times it just dies after placing ~10 switches in the right position.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 November 2016, 11:45:51 by tobsn »

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
  • Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 12:05:46 »
It works now to create the schematic but the board fails with LBRACKET and all other symbols... and then just freezes.

Never mind above - I forgot to switch to board view... BUT now I'm getting this:

Show Image

... and afte pressing OK for some 50 times it just dies after placing ~10 switches in the right position.

The free version of EAGLE has a size limit. Make sure your keyboard doesn't extend beyond that size, and that you selected the option for the free version of EAGLE in kalerator.

Offline tobsn

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 09:31:33 »
the size in free eagle seems to be 10x10cm :/

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 01:35:38 »
Bump

im getting the tones of errors. placed files in what i think are the correct folders....anyone have a fix? I made the board tiny to fit within 10cm x 10cm, not sure what else to try....

Offline tobsn

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 07:06:51 »
By now I'd consider just paying someone to make the PCB :D
Anyone got a recommendation?

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
    • Clueboard
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 16:58:15 »
I've been working on some updates for this. Nothing directly related to Kalerator to announce yet, but I put together a large set of footprints in preparation for making this easier to use.

You can grab the new Keyboard.lbr here: https://github.com/skullydazed/clueboard_eagle

For now the AlpsCherry.lbr library is still there, but at some point in the future I will remove it in favor of more structure.

Offline waffle418

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 20:18:02 »
Getting an error "Device not found: DIODE'1N4148'@Seeed-OPL-Diode".  Now I'm a total n00b at this so it could be COMPLETELY user error, but I thought I'd ask to see if you had any guidance.

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
    • Clueboard
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 15:27:04 »
Getting an error "Device not found: DIODE'1N4148'@Seeed-OPL-Diode".  Now I'm a total n00b at this so it could be COMPLETELY user error, but I thought I'd ask to see if you had any guidance.

Make sure you have the Seeed OPL installed and enabled. When you add a component you should see a big list:

Offline Vladimir

• Professional Dream Crusher
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 08:48:11 »
The site http://kalerator.clueboard.co/ is giving me 500 internal server error when I send the layout.
I've been trying since yesterday.

Matias Mini Quiet Pro              Noppoo Nano 75-S Brown

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
    • Clueboard
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 22:58:16 »
The site http://kalerator.clueboard.co/ is giving me 500 internal server error when I send the layout.
I've been trying since yesterday.

Sorry about that, linode rebooted that due to a hardware problem. I kicked things so they work again.

Offline steinerlein

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 12 April 2017, 09:53:56 »
Something seems to be wrong with the site again.. I'd love to give the tool a try!

Offline ladrigon

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 13:47:12 »
I get an error: Device not found: DIODE-DO-35
I think I have all of the libraries installed but it might be an issue there. Can someone help me?

Offline anorak

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 13:09:30 »
I get an error: Device not found: DIODE-DO-35
I think I have all of the libraries installed but it might be an issue there. Can someone help me?

You may try to replace DIODE-DO-35 with 1N4148DO35-7 or 1N4148DO35-10, whatever you prefer. Both are diodes included in the standard diode library. This has worked for me.

Offline F0xdude

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 16:31:13 »
This tool looks super cool to use! I am currently getting the error " :/EAGLE 8.6.0/scr/straight from kalerator.scr, Line 6: Unknown element: ESC" I am pretty sure  I added all the libaries correctly, and I am using the eagle version 8.6.0  I might be missing something really obvious, because I have never used eagle before.

Thanks in advance

Offline Ruskie

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 13:59:21 »
Heyo,

Ive got a little issue here, I am getting a 500 Internal Server error with the following message: "The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application." I got this after pasting in my layout URL with all the default options. Any suggestions as to how I can fix this?
Ive got myself a beefy boi

-Alf F62PE
-PCB Mount ZealV2 67g
-GMK KA1953 "OG Classic Retro"

8 pounds of clack

Offline F0xdude

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 11:18:15 »
Heyo,

Ive got a little issue here, I am getting a 500 Internal Server error with the following message: "The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application." I got this after pasting in my layout URL with all the default options. Any suggestions as to how I can fix this?

I originally got that error, because I didn't post the correct link. Instead of just posting the permalink, you have to sign in with github, and press the save button. Then, you can use that link.

Offline GrayMatter4tw

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 05:01:15 »
I am getting the error: Device not found: LED@Controller

generator settings:
Paid
MX RGB LED
Surface Mount
WS2812B

The key layout does however correctly load in the schematic, after clearing the error 111 times for each of the 111 keys.

When I select nothing for the last option, rather than WS2812B, the error does not occur.

« Last Edit: Thu, 19 April 2018, 05:28:10 by GrayMatter4tw »

Offline hetvler

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 18:04:37 »
Gosh I hope this is still visited regularly....

I'm trying (and failing) to get the following layout to work in Eagle free.

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/2f85a76ecf56babed50e4e6e9ca4f59a

free
mx rgb led
throughhole
no

The script for the schematic runs, but only generates the following (see image)

Further, when I click on the SCH/BRD button, I get the out of area message.

Am i doing something wrong here?  I believe I have all the libraries I need installed correctly.

Sorry, first time using Eagle and Kalerator.  Been trying to fix the issue for a while now.

edit: from re-reading the thread I see my board is too wide for the free version.  I'll buy a month when I'm ready to pull the trigger, but I still think my schematic should create a bit more than what it is, yeah?  Sorry if I'm an idiot.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 January 2019, 19:34:20 by hetvler »

Offline napostrophe

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 21:20:05 »
Idea: add kailh hot swaps as an option ;D

Offline treypop

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 16:15:56 »
This tread is probably dead but when I try to make my board layout it ends up like this any sugestions?

Mod edit: fixed your image
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 October 2019, 16:17:06 by user 18 »

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 16:18:57 »
This tread is probably dead but when I try to make my board layout it ends up like this
Show Image
any sugestions?

Mod edit: fixed your image

Are you using the free version of Eagle? If so, the PCB size is limited to much smaller than what is necessary for a 104-layout keyboard like your schematic shows.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline jdelfier

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 22:43:22 »
Hello! I am super new to PCB design and I am trying to make a keyboard for a Capstone project. I am currently trying to build an extremely low power GK84 75% keyboard. I used your codes (and I am extremely grateful because it has saved me so much time and stress) but I am a little confused because I do not see the keyboard matrix's columns on the design! Do I wire the columns myself?? Finally, how can I connect the columns and rows to the pins of my microprocessor (Most likely in the PIC24F08 family). At the end of the day, I just need the PCB schematic of a GK84 keyboard so that I can connect it to the above microprocessor (and then connect that processor to an RFID tag writing chip). If someone knows of an open-source schematic, that would be amazing! If not, can someone help me?
(Some background, I am using the free eagle program)

Thank you in advance! All help is appreciated :)

Offline Mistycs

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 19:31:33 »
The seeed that is linked in this post is now saying 404 not found and i am struggling to get the script to work in eagle. It keeps giving me errors because it doesn't know the parts since i don't have the correct seeeds. Is this not used much anymore? If so then is there another place that helps build a PCB?

Offline limenx

• limenx#9145
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 28 June 2020, 12:52:27 »
The seeed that is linked in this post is now saying 404 not found and i am struggling to get the script to work in eagle. It keeps giving me errors because it doesn't know the parts since i don't have the correct seeeds. Is this not used much anymore? If so then is there another place that helps build a PCB?

I found a Github page by Seeedstudio for the Eagle CAD Library https://github.com/Seeed-Studio/OPL_Eagle_Library