Author Topic: [GB] Equalz Zer0.9 Polycarbonate TKL Custom Keyboard kit(GB complete)  (Read 115538 times)

Offline cemoon

Re: [GB] Equalz Zer0.9 Polycarbonate TKL Custom Keyboard kit
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 23:13:53 »
Why do people care about QMK so much? It's a keyboard, the look and the feel are much needed on it not the software. You only need to program it once then use it forever.
Corsair, Razer or Logitech have very good software for their keyboards, then go for it.

Offline glubazoid

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 23:28:22 »
Why do people care about QMK so much? It's a keyboard, the look and the feel are much needed on it not the software. You only need to program it once then use it forever.
Corsair, Razer or Logitech have very good software for their keyboards, then go for it.

Mostly because I'm a mac user, and I won't be able to program it using their software. There are workarounds- but it's a PITA. I could get it done regardless, but it'd be nice to have a mac supported software.

Offline vi0till

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 23:31:43 »
I'm in. First PC board.

Offline TastyChance

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 23:44:54 »
Who wants to spend time learning new software when you could just use the well documented tried and true software that actually works for everyone...

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 23:49:32 »
All invoices sent. If you have any problem regarding invoices,please let me know.

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 23:57:43 »

Mostly because I'm a mac user, and I won't be able to program it using their software. There are workarounds- but it's a PITA. I could get it done regardless, but it'd be nice to have a mac supported software.

Make sense. We are doing our best try to make it work on Mac. Hopefully in the future we don't have this kind of problem.

Offline anatworkaccount

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 00:04:17 »
 Paidddddd can't wait

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 00:05:32 »
Pm'd in regards to shipping

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 00:08:43 »
Hell yea.

Been waiting on this bad boy. In for a wkl (aka the only acceptable TKL A E S T H E T I C)

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 00:09:53 »
Pm'd in regards to shipping
Pm'd Shipping to Australia is 35USD for anyone is wondering

Offline victorpre

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 02:37:07 »
It's seems people are talking about QMK every time i post a keyboard GB.

When we first enter this community,it's the time B.fake is the largest used PCB.People are saying Chinese only make fake PCBs to me.This hurts. So me and my friends decide to make our own PCBs. That's when LDN have joined us and share this dream.He have learned how to make a PCB from nothing. With around a years work,we got our own PCBs the LDN series RGB pcb. We have all the functions QMK/TMK have and more. Along with fully RGB,faster chips,own developed software,etc. I know it's not perfect,software not supporting MAC/Linux etc.But we have come a long way and perfecting it as we speak. Right now LDN is working on a website-based programming system like QMK. We will release a new sound control LED effect before this ship out. So play a music on your computer and see how RGB led dance!

As for this buy,like someone said in this thread. This is a TKL, how often do you need to program it. And as far as i know there's more window than mac in the world now.
A website based programming would already be great!
Thanks for the efforts

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 03:59:24 »
Who wants to spend time learning new software when you could just use the well documented tried and true software that actually works for everyone...

The LDN software is pretty good and very easy to use. It is just like the QMK configurator minus the compiling and downloading of the hex (Finding out something is wrong and repeating like 50x times).

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 08:23:03 »
The main reason people care about QMK is that it is open source, and then of course all of the benefits that come from that. It wouldn't be voiced so much if the fact of the matter is that ANY software could be open sourced. It's one thing to say X software is better than Y, but why not prove it by showing the code?

Offline iaman

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 09:23:44 »
The main reason people care about QMK is that it is open source, and then of course all of the benefits that come from that. It wouldn't be voiced so much if the fact of the matter is that ANY software could be open sourced. It's one thing to say X software is better than Y, but why not prove it by showing the code?
I can't tell if there's a language barrier thing happening here or not, but I'm consistently confused at the notion that the LDN series boards are not QMK-compatible because they do not want to open-source the PCB; as best I understand, there is absolutely no requirement that the PCB be open-sourced for it to run QMK. Indeed, the QMK repo contains configurations and mappings for what seems like a significant number of PCBs that are decidedly not open-source.

The firmware itself is open-source, sure, and porting a board to QMK absolutely involves mapping lots of pinouts that could, I guess, be used to recreate a PCB in an incredibly rough way, but it's not like kicad or eagle or whatever files are in there; I don't know that what is contained in QMK would make a board any easier to reproduce than any number of widely-available photos taken and renders produced of that PCB (and certainly it would be less useful than having a board itself and inspecting it).

Anyway I have said too much already and I've already made my stance fairly clear: I spend too much time working on a mac, too much time writing custom lighting modes/options for my boards, and too much time fiddling around with my keymaps to give myself all kinds of little nice-to-haves for my development process to get a board that runs a firmware whose source I can't modify. I have no hard feelings with this team: they do great work, and I'm sure it's plenty/enough for lots and lots of the folks on this forum, but their work just doesn't support what I do and I can choose to either get over it and stop complaining about them doing their own thing or be a jerk on the internet. I'm gonna not be a jerk, let them do their own thing, and wish them the best with this and all future work.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 09:38:11 »
I can't tell if there's a language barrier thing happening here or not, but I'm consistently confused at the notion that the LDN series boards are not QMK-compatible because they do not want to open-source the PCB; as best I understand, there is absolutely no requirement that the PCB be open-sourced for it to run QMK. Indeed, the QMK repo contains configurations and mappings for what seems like a significant number of PCBs that are decidedly not open-source.

The firmware itself is open-source, sure, and porting a board to QMK absolutely involves mapping lots of pinouts that could, I guess, be used to recreate a PCB in an incredibly rough way, but it's not like kicad or eagle or whatever files are in there; I don't know that what is contained in QMK would make a board any easier to reproduce than any number of widely-available photos taken and renders produced of that PCB (and certainly it would be less useful than having a board itself and inspecting it).

Anyway I have said too much already and I've already made my stance fairly clear: I spend too much time working on a mac, too much time writing custom lighting modes/options for my boards, and too much time fiddling around with my keymaps to give myself all kinds of little nice-to-haves for my development process to get a board that runs a firmware whose source I can't modify. I have no hard feelings with this team: they do great work, and I'm sure it's plenty/enough for lots and lots of the folks on this forum, but their work just doesn't support what I do and I can choose to either get over it and stop complaining about them doing their own thing or be a jerk on the internet. I'm gonna not be a jerk, let them do their own thing, and wish them the best with this and all future work.
Again... I'm not saying port this to QMK or default to QMK. Hell, I'm not even suggesting allowing or maintaining pull requests. Its more about just open sourcing the code that is going to be building the firmware that I'm using for my keyboard. QMK just so happens to be the main firmware that has open code.

Offline TastyChance

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 09:50:43 »

Just throw an H87A in it and call it good lol

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 09:54:19 »

Just throw an H87A in it and call it good lol
Can't make sure it will fit. Plus if you really want to try. Buy a B87size
The type port is 2mm shorter than normal. It may work it may not work. I have no idea. Just let you know the risk.

Offline terrad

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 10:37:45 »
Could we get a picture of the usb port/ back side of the keyboard?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline click clack jack

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 13:33:01 »
Paid!!! I'm so excited!

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 13:46:43 »
Just to be clear, there is no Blue PC option, that is just how those images came through, correct?
ThocKeys.com

Offline reidd

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 14:17:51 »

This ^

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 14:39:42 »
Just to be clear, there is no Blue PC option, that is just how those images came through, correct?

I think your monitor is in need of adjustment.

Offline iaman

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 15:21:09 »

The second set of renders definitely gives the PC a very blue cast with its lighting; my partner had the same question when looking at the images. I just sampled #8cbfde from one of them, which I think most folks would agree is pretty blue. Just a quirk of renders/lighting, I think; nothing I wouldn't expect, but I can see how one would get confused.

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 15:40:57 »

The second set of renders definitely gives the PC a very blue cast with its lighting; my partner had the same question when looking at the images. I just sampled #8cbfde from one of them, which I think most folks would agree is pretty blue. Just a quirk of renders/lighting, I think; nothing I wouldn't expect, but I can see how one would get confused.

It might have something to do with the blue background and the translucent polycarbonate.

Offline iaman

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 15:48:45 »
It might have something to do with the blue background and the translucent polycarbonate.
Yeah, I very well understand why it looks that way. I'm just pointing out that it's not a totally absurd or idiotic question regardless of what somebody's monitor calibrations might be.

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 16:13:04 »
Yeah, I very well understand why it looks that way. I'm just pointing out that it's not a totally absurd or idiotic question regardless of what somebody's monitor calibrations might be.

It might have something to do with the blue tint of the image on a blue background and an uncalibrated monitor absorbed by the translucent polycarbonate.

Offline warmsoda

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 18:38:54 »
Paid! Super excited!!

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 20:49:21 »

It's just plain. Please don't ask me to take more photos,i am not good at it.

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 20:53:49 »
I just take these photo on my office carpet. The carpet is blue so there may some color issues. Also with different monitor it could look much different.

There's no Blue PC option. We only transparent PC and after sandblast it will have a matte look

Offline nano_ms

• hello
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 18:44:22 »
is the rgb only per key or is there underglow
down-left-up-right-z-j-b-d-b-start

Offline CodeMayhem

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 19:49:09 »
All invoices sent. If you have any problem regarding invoices,please let me know.

I filled out the form and didn't receive a invoice.

Offline terrad

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 20:05:56 »

same here

Offline pro_driver

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 20:24:18 »
No invoice here either.

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 21:00:10 »
is the rgb only per key or is there underglow
It's per key+underglow

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 21:01:30 »

Haven't see your form. Can you fill them again

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 21:02:21 »
No invoice here either.

same here

You guys invoice will be send today.

Offline The Equals D

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 21:12:08 »
Im in

Offline im_hide

• dont think
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 22:38:20 »
No invoice here either.

same here

I haven't received mine either

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 23:29:02 »
No invoice here either.

same here

I haven't received mine either

PM'd you.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 03:30:20 »
At what timezone will the deadline be?

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 04:15:40 »
At what timezone will the deadline be?
Form closed on 19th.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 04:36:25 »
Sorry, I meant timezone. I was guessing you're in China, so maybe UTC +8?

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 06:12:34 »
Sorry, I meant timezone. I was guessing you're in China, so maybe UTC +8?
Oh,sorry my bad. It's UTC+8.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline cemoon

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 09:05:30 »
Paid, can't wait.

Offline Mr.Elli0t

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 12:10:19 »
Form completed!  :D :cool: :p

Offline ilemondrop

« Reply #95 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 17:47:41 »
I haven't received an invoice either.

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 21:44:15 »
I haven't received an invoice either.
Well,i should send your invoice. Invoice number 0235. Please check it. If you still haven't seen it i can invoice you again.

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 03:23:11 »
I send out invoices everyday,so maybe you will get your invoices the day after you fill the form since the time difference. If you are in a hurry,please pm me. I will send out invoices asap.

Offline HoochTheHero

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 17 August 2019, 22:39:26 »
First gb!! Super stoked for this board!!

Offline ilemondrop

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 17 August 2019, 23:20:37 »
Just paid, hyped!