Author Topic: [GB] GMK Masterpiece  (Read 214571 times)

Offline falzm

Re: [GB] GMK Masterpiece
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 09:53:06 »
Received the Rama cap today...it's a beauty!

Awesome! From which vendor/proxy did you get it?

Offline Techichi

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 11:01:51 »
Received the Rama cap today...it's a beauty!

Awesome! From which vendor/proxy did you get it?

Project

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #102 on: Sat, 31 October 2020, 15:46:45 »
Sample 1 Chart:

Sample 1 Result:

Round 1 sample turned out a tad dark and a bit red, we requested another round of samples. Will update when second round arrives :)

Tentative ship date: Q2 2021 (May-ish)

RAMA Caps: Orders that only had RAMA caps have been shipped. If you have not received them from us (Project Keyboard), please send us an email by replying to your order confirmation.

Deskmats: Production should be complete soon and will be shipped to us by sea. Will announce when we get tracking from the manufacturer.

Extras: (please refer to your regional vendor)

If you have any urgent questions, contact us at contact@projectkeyboard.com.
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 October 2020, 15:50:10 by onefivenine »

Offline noodleman

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 23:59:33 »
are there any updates for the deskmats?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 13:22:11 »
are there any updates for the deskmats?

Saw this image on instagram of someone using the Endgame mat. I definitely regret not picking one up!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHuV0tPHTV_/

Not too sure if this is a real mat though as it seems like the mats have not shipped out yet.

Offline 13db

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 23:41:49 »
I signed up because of the mats and keys.  Pretty new to keyboard caps, is there a good chance to be able to pick one of the deskmats up on the secondary market/classifieds section?

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 21:46:30 »
R2 possible?

Offline verity

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 22:30:48 »
R2 possible?
Pre-order slots are still available at projectkeyboard.

Offline sent-by-an-iPerson

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 01:29:16 »
R2 possible?
Only for the Katakana legends. The other sets are sold out even for pre orders. I accidentally missed this so I’m up for R2.

Sent-by-an-iPerson using Tapatalk

Offline menuhin

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 07:46:37 »
R2 possible?
Only for the Katakana legends. The other sets are sold out even for pre orders. I accidentally missed this so I’m up for R2.

Sent-by-an-iPerson using Tapatalk

Yes, re-run is possible for most GB, and the average waiting time will be 2-3 years.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline rinkaan

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 04:34:51 »
Striker is a different tone of blue, and different legends, but similar vibes. I think striker R2 is running soon, maybe u can consider that as alternative

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline tonyjones

• I like big butts and I cannot lie.
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 09:15:23 »
so R2 samples arrived on 12/22 anymore updates after this?

Offline break

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 23:53:02 »

According to the PK Discord server, nothing as of January 25th.

Offline LuckyLuckCA

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 01:55:06 »
Anyone have any updates on the deskmats? Seems like the US vendors fulfilled them as there’s been a few circulating mechmarket on Reddit the past month and half, but no word from the Canadian vendor (Assuming the same for other regional vendors as well).

Offline Avidities

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 15 February 2021, 13:21:56 »
Anyone have any updates on the deskmats? Seems like the US vendors fulfilled them as there’s been a few circulating mechmarket on Reddit the past month and half, but no word from the Canadian vendor (Assuming the same for other regional vendors as well).

Mats for Deskhero just came in last week and he should be shipping soon! According to his discord.

Offline oew

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 15:23:30 »
Received my Square deskmat and the colors look really washed out compared to the render.
262518-0

Offline RaiKami

• Novice Diving Deep
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 12:44:10 »

According the updates page on PK's website they requested round 3 samples as of 2/12.

Offline bnj2

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 18:21:30 »
Any updates?

Offline vheissu

• Pragmatic Geometrist
« Reply #118 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 18:54:52 »
Any updates?
(02/12) Requested R3 samples

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 02:36:38 »
Updates on PK website show 4/16 : requested R3 samples, by when is the manufacturing expected to kick in if the samples turn out right this time? And what would the expected eta look like considering the gmk backlog ?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline Turnstiled

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 06:18:04 »
 :-*

Who do I need to contact for my deskmat?  It’s been so long I don’t remember.  I have yet to receive my mat so I would like to reach out and make sure I didn’t get stiffed.

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 06:48:48 »

Who do I need to contact for my deskmat?  It’s been so long I don’t remember.  I have yet to receive my mat so I would like to reach out and make sure I didn’t get stiffed.
I log everything I buy in this hobby on Excel. Easy to keep track after years of waiting.
If you forgot which vendor it is, I suggest ctrl+F «masterpiece order» in your email client.
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 11:53:17 »
lol I'd suggest going to page 1 and looking at the OP to figure out who you bought from

Offline Havattack

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 12:13:04 »

I log everything I buy in this hobby on Excel. Easy to keep track after years of waiting.
If you forgot which vendor it is, I suggest ctrl+F «masterpiece order» in your email client.
I just have a "receipt" folder in my email, that I keep all purchase confirmation emails in until i get the item or receive a tracking email.

Offline tonyjones

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 13:57:18 »
Updates on PK website show 4/16 : requested R3 samples, by when is the manufacturing expected to kick in if the samples turn out right this time? And what would the expected eta look like considering the gmk backlog ?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

lol I've been looking every week since Feb, samples are taking forever to be sent. At this rate any new GMK sets moving forward have to be longer than one year wait now.

Offline Project Keyboard

• Project Keyboard
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 17:34:23 »
Quick Update:

Hey everyone, our R3 samples failed acceptance range.  Our Acceptance range is <2.3 (DeltaEab).  We will be resubmitting for R4 Samples and will keep everyone updated. I have attached screenshots of the results. Please DM me with any additional questions.

269148-0

269150-1

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 18:12:47 »
Glad you are taking time to get the colors right! Could you post the physical samples? It would be interesting to see their progression.

Offline oscdawg

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 18:48:56 »
Appreciate the update and your diligence with the color sampling! Well worth the wait to make sure everything looks great!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Offline liquidvel

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 06:47:58 »
Is this an already expired group buy or will this start in the future?

Offline Eoen

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 12:19:54 »
Is this an already expired group buy or will this start in the future?

Ran quite some time ago.

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 15:09:45 »
Well, it's supposed to be a masterpiece. Willing to wait.
Am also interested in photos of the color samples.

Offline tonyjones

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 16:16:15 »
What's the update on this?

Offline bnj2

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 20:05:48 »
Q3 2021 and still nothing... This starts to smell very fishy.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 22:36:32 »
What's the update on this?

They're still color sampling guys, try reading the thread.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 23:43:43 »

LOL! Not even close to "fishy". Clean and pristine. Freshly douched in fact.

Offline Eoen

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 09:22:42 »

Not really sure what your justification for this statement is. Set is running custom colors and (I think) new molds from GMK. Given all of the delays that they have across every other set that's ran in the past year and a half, this is just the status quo. Unfortunate for sure, but not even remotely close to being able to start making accusations against the runners.

Offline oscdawg

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 09:59:35 »
Just wanted to say thanks to the OP for constantly giving us color updates. Appreciate the open line of communication

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Offline FamilyJoule924

« Reply #137 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 18:52:42 »
i missed this set but hoping for an r2 or something similar from the op soon

Offline cricket-alone

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 20:33:43 »
I think this one is going to be really popular for many years

Offline tonyjones

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 20:49:13 »
I don't know why GMK doesn't just pause until they catch up with all orders instead of allowing vendors to keep placing orders.

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 21:30:06 »
I don't know why GMK doesn't just pause until they catch up with all orders instead of allowing vendors to keep placing orders.

if someone came to your house and handed you money every month would you tell them to stop coming?

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 11:14:53 »

if someone came to your house and handed you money every month would you tell them to stop coming?

probably yes when my reputation is at play and I'm literally becoming a meme in the community.

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 11:51:09 »

probably yes when my reputation is at play and I'm literally becoming a meme in the community.

lol like they give a ****. sets hitting over 1000 MOQ every month no problem

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 12:58:48 »
Guys, there is a global shortage on ABS plastic. Case in point: there is a shortage of baby bottles. The bottle that my baby likes has been sold out for 3 months. At this point, she won't even be using a bottle by the time they come back in stock.

This is not some conspiracy at GMK. They want to put keycaps in our hands even more than we want them.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 02:40:26 »
and not delivering (unless you're mito/drop but that's a whole different can of worms). and precisely what I meant by "reputation at play".

Guys, there is a global shortage on ABS plastic.
sounds like more reasons to put commissions on hold. there's more custom sets still in production queue than the ones that got physically released.
I'm personally ok with that as I have no need of instant gratification from my purchases, but I can't blame or shame people that feel their trust is being abused.

Offline vladimir108

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 04:34:31 »
Guys, there is a global shortage on ABS plastic. Case in point: there is a shortage of baby bottles. The bottle that my baby likes has been sold out for 3 months. At this point, she won't even be using a bottle by the time they come back in stock.

This is not some conspiracy at GMK. They want to put keycaps in our hands even more than we want them.

15 minutes ago probably all Oblotzky Industries shop customers got email with clear and nice explanation directly from GMK CEO.

update: it's also available on Discord: http://discord.oblotzky.industries/
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 July 2021, 05:10:32 by vladimir108 »

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #147 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 16:28:00 »
and not delivering (unless you're mito/drop but that's a whole different can of worms). and precisely what I meant by "reputation at play".

Guys, there is a global shortage on ABS plastic.
sounds like more reasons to put commissions on hold. there's more custom sets still in production queue than the ones that got physically released.
I'm personally ok with that as I have no need of instant gratification from my purchases, but I can't blame or shame people that feel their trust is being abused.

evidence for their reputation actually being damaged in a business sense would be in the form of lower GB numbers which is not happening. So until that happens GMK has 0 to worry about. GMK has 0 reason, obligation, or motivation to not continue to take orders. more orders doesnt slow down their current queue either.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 18:07:51 »

2021, google exists, and you still want to use a plastic baby bottle? Mind boggling  :blank:

Offline tonyjones

« Reply #149 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 12:25:08 »
Even with the shortage GMK doesn't care, they will keep accepting orders from Vendor and it will just be backlogged. Money over everything AMIRITE?