Author Topic: CM Storm Novatouch Tour (Tour Over)  (Read 105673 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: CM Storm Novatouch Tour (Board Now In Motion)
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 09:27:53 »
My week with the Novatouch is coming to a close, and I'll be shipping it out to Gameaholic tomorrow. In the meantime, here are my thoughts on it.

<snip>

Great review ComradeSniper! And as always, your pictures are on point.

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 04:30:20 »
If you look at my potatoes in the link on my name in the OP list, you can see a bit of shine around the legends indicating a coating. I believe it's supposed to help with wear and protect the legends.

Edit: Now I'm second guessing myself on that coating. Could someone with a Novatouch chime in with their thoughts. I'm going by memory and bad pictures in this thread...
Hi CPT,

Novatouch beta tester and owner here — the stock keys on the Novatouch are thin ABS with laser infilled legends.

Nice of you to organize this tour and I hope you all have fun with the board.

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 22:00:23 »
Board received!  First time touching Topre.  First thought is: crap - I kinda like it.  I might be in trouble.  =P
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #153 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 00:53:47 »

Hi CPT,

Novatouch beta tester and owner here — the stock keys on the Novatouch are thin ABS with laser infilled legends.

Nice of you to organize this tour and I hope you all have fun with the board.

Thanks pixelninja!

Board received!  First time touching Topre.  First thought is: crap - I kinda like it.  I might be in trouble.  =P

I'm not responsible for any additional wallethacking that may occur.

Offline Hogesyx

« Reply #154 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 02:28:05 »

Looking at the boards you owned, it is definitely about time to add a Topre.
Novatouch TKL | Ducky YOTR (Brown) | Ducky Shine (Brown)
Poker II (Red) | GH60 revchn (Clear)

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 09:12:12 »
Yes I have tried almost all Cherry MX Switches, Buckling Spring, and now Topre.  The only ones left on my list would be capacitive Buickling Springs (haven't tried a Model F yet), Alps, the new Logitech Romer-G and the Razer cherry mx clones if those count. 
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #156 on: Wed, 24 December 2014, 23:18:02 »
Gameaholic told me he'll be shipping to Badwrench soon

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #157 on: Wed, 24 December 2014, 23:21:02 »
So close, yet so far away
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 25 December 2014, 14:52:46 »

Yay  ;D 

Pretty excited to give Thorpe a run. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #159 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 13:54:44 »
Official review. 

My first thought was "I like it".  I definitely feel like I want some Topre in my collection now.  I definitely want to try some of the other variants of Topre switch (different weights, uniform vs different weights on the same board) as well as the HHKB.  The rebound of the switch is noticeably faster than my ergo clear cherry mx switches.  I tried GMK keycaps on the wasd cluster and they seemed to fit fine.  This was a concern because I remember reading a review that said that lower profile caps can be an issue.  The only negative I find is that I miss the tactile bump I get with my ergo clears and I feel like I have to bottom out a lot more on the Topre switches.  They almost remind me of a very smooth red.  With the ergo clears I feel like I can press the switch down to activation where I feel the tactile bump and then release it.  I find myself making a lot more noise on the Novatouch.  I do like the smoothness but after using them I don't understand the hype over the Topre switch.  Maybe a HHKB or a Realforce would be a better representation of the switch but part of me thinks the hype comes just because those keyboards have always been much more expensive.  I definitely want to be on the tour when those keyboards make their rounds but for now I'm still a member of the church of the ergo clear (prepares for backlash from Topre fans).   :thumb:

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 14:13:45 »
Official review. 

My first thought was "I like it".  I definitely feel like I want some Topre in my collection now.  I definitely want to try some of the other variants of Topre switch (different weights, uniform vs different weights on the same board) as well as the HHKB.  The rebound of the switch is noticeably faster than my ergo clear cherry mx switches.  I tried GMK keycaps on the wasd cluster and they seemed to fit fine.  This was a concern because I remember reading a review that said that lower profile caps can be an issue.  The only negative I find is that I miss the tactile bump I get with my ergo clears and I feel like I have to bottom out a lot more on the Topre switches.  They almost remind me of a very smooth red.  With the ergo clears I feel like I can press the switch down to activation where I feel the tactile bump and then release it.  I find myself making a lot more noise on the Novatouch.  I do like the smoothness but after using them I don't understand the hype over the Topre switch.  Maybe a HHKB or a Realforce would be a better representation of the switch but part of me thinks the hype comes just because those keyboards have always been much more expensive.  I definitely want to be on the tour when those keyboards make their rounds but for now I'm still a member of the church of the ergo clear (prepares for backlash from Topre fans).   :thumb:

Interesting review, I was curious for someone with ergo-clears to share their thoughts on the Novatouch since it has the 45g domes. When you say the Novatouch was pretty noisy, was it coming from stabilizer rattle or something else like bottom out noise?

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline melkenshawn

« Reply #161 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 17:04:43 »
Official review. 

Interesting, i was deliberating between getting an ergo clear keyboard or a novatouch. It seems like in your case, you preferred the ergo clears a lot more?

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #162 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 17:07:51 »
Noise was from bottoming out.  People describe it as a "thock" but I feel that there's gotta be a better onomatopoeia for it.  It's like the best rubber dome I've ever typed on but that description kinda  degrades topre switches so I wouldn't officially describe them that way.

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #163 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 17:43:30 »
Just want to stop in and say.......... you will be hearing a lot more from me again!

I was helping on the development on our Case / Power / Cooling team for a bit, and was quite busy trying to balance it all.

I am back focusing on peripherals and am so happy to read / be apart of this Novatouch "around the world" game.

Just know that all the comments / remarks are being heard!

On behalf of CM, we love and thank GH for all the support!

Personally, DSA PBT profile w/ o-rings is absolutely perfect on this board.
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 December 2014, 17:45:17 by Carter »

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #164 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 18:48:32 »
Cases?  Still waiting on that ATCS 840 update.  That was one of my favorite cases.
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 December 2014, 18:56:15 by gameaholic »

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #165 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 07:29:13 »
Just want to stop in and say.......... you will be hearing a lot more from me again!

I was helping on the development on our Case / Power / Cooling team for a bit, and was quite busy trying to balance it all.

I am back focusing on peripherals and am so happy to read / be apart of this Novatouch "around the world" game.

Sorry for OT

I love my QFR but is there a chance in hell that you will change the font? The novatouch font would be fine. It's the only thing wrong with an otherwise practically perfect product!

Offline Hogesyx

« Reply #166 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 09:47:08 »
Noise was from bottoming out.  People describe it as a "thock" but I feel that there's gotta be a better onomatopoeia for it.  It's like the best rubber dome I've ever typed on but that description kinda  degrades topre switches so I wouldn't officially describe them that way.

I think I get what you mean, I solve it by filling the hollow region below the PCB with dense sponge material. I also had my Novatouch silenced by adding thin sponge to it.

http://imgur.com/a/qqHQD

Scroll all the way down to see the 2 material that I had used.
Novatouch TKL | Ducky YOTR (Brown) | Ducky Shine (Brown)
Poker II (Red) | GH60 revchn (Clear)

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 08:50:34 »
Won't get off work today till after post office is closed but will get the board out first thing tomorrow morning. 

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #168 on: Sun, 04 January 2015, 10:32:05 »
Ok, I have the board in my hands.  Unfortunately, the board was damaged during shipping.  It appears to me entirely cosmetic and after pm'ing CPTbadass and going over the options, It has been decided to just keep moving forward with the tour. 

Sooooo, my first impressions:  It feels like really snappy mx reds to me.  The switches are very light compared to what I am used to (mx whites/buckling springs).  I already bottom out every stoke on those switches, so with these, I bottom the crap out of them.  It is not unpleasant though.  There is a nice solid thud from the bottoming and since I have the board sitting on a mouse pad, it doesn't resonate through my desk.  It is very quite to type on and I can now see what people mean when they mention the nice sound once in the rhythm.  To me, the only distraction is the loud stabilizers, but I am assume that they could be quieted with some thick grease without changing the feel. 

As far as the caps go, I much prefer the thick Cherrys and the Wyse 50 sets (thick abs).  One note on the Wyse set:  some of the keys get stuck while depressing them - particularly the f and j keys.  They hang on the switch housing and need and couple taps to get them to release.  I am sure with a tiny bit of dremel work to the inside of the offending keys, this issue would be resolved.  The pbt has a thinness in the sound and feel that makes it feel cheaper.  However, if you wanted a higher pitch sound in your typing, the pbt achieves that.  DSA is still a no-go for me, too flat.  The stock caps are crap, do yourself a favor and just buy your preferred keyset if you choose to buy this board.  SA on this board feels good (mounted my Pulse set that I have been using on my QFR with blues), but I am making typos all over the place.  I am not sure if it is due to the taller cap that I am still trying to bottom out or the soft actuation of the switch, or maybe a combo of the 2, but I make several errors per sentence if I try to type at my normal pace.  Slowing down, I can limit the errors, but then I lose that lovely sound rhythm.

The overall design of the board is quite nice.  I am still not a fan of the rubberized finish, but the sturdy feel, crisp corners, and nice flush finish of where the top and bottom of the case some together is quite nice.  Of note:  I love that it has a micro usb connector.  For some reason they feel more secure than the mini to me.  That and I have a ton of them laying around since everything uses them now. 

I will continue to use the board for the week and see if any of my initial impressions change, but so far, I could see owning this board - particularly in a work place environment where a cherry/bs switch might be too loud or annoying to coworkers.   
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 January 2015, 10:40:30 by Badwrench »

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #169 on: Sun, 04 January 2015, 10:47:52 »
Ok, I have the board in my hands.  Unfortunately, the board was damaged during shipping.  It appears to me entirely cosmetic and after pm'ing CPTbadass and going over the options, It has been decided to just keep moving forward with the tour. 

Sooooo, my first impressions:  It feels like really snappy mx reds to me.  The switches are very light compared to what I am used to (mx whites/buckling springs).  I already bottom out every stoke on those switches, so with these, I bottom the crap out of them.  It is not unpleasant though.  There is a nice solid thud from the bottoming and since I have the board sitting on a mouse pad, it doesn't resonate through my desk.  It is very quite to type on and I can now see what people mean when they mention the nice sound once in the rhythm.  To me, the only distraction is the loud stabilizers, but I am assume that they could be quieted with some thick grease without changing the feel. 

As far as the caps go, I much prefer the thick Cherrys and the Wyse 50 sets (thick abs).  One note on the Wyse set:  some of the keys get stuck while depressing them - particularly the f and j keys.  They hang on the switch housing and need and couple taps to get them to release.  I am sure with a tiny bit of dremel work to the inside of the offending keys, this issue would be resolved.  The pbt has a thinness in the sound and feel that makes it feel cheaper.  However, if you wanted a higher pitch sound in your typing, the pbt achieves that.  DSA is still a no-go for me, too flat.  The stock caps are crap, do yourself a favor and just buy your preferred keyset if you choose to buy this board.  SA on this board feels good (mounted my Pulse set that I have been using on my QFR with blues), but I am making typos all over the place.  I am not sure if it is due to the taller cap that I am still trying to bottom out or the soft actuation of the switch, or maybe a combo of the 2, but I make several errors per sentence if I try to type at my normal pace.  Slowing down, I can limit the errors, but then I lose that lovely sound rhythm.

The overall design of the board is quite nice.  I am still not a fan of the rubberized finish, but the sturdy feel, crisp corners, and nice flush finish of where the top and bottom of the case some together is quite nice.  Of note:  I love that it has a micro usb connector.  For some reason they feel more secure than the mini to me.  That and I have a ton of them laying around since everything uses them now. 

I will continue to use the board for the week and see if any of my initial impressions change, but so far, I could see owning this board - particularly in a work place environment where a cherry/bs switch might be too loud or annoying to coworkers.

Thank you for your review! Good read. The hard choice now is to decide which keycaps set to put on.  :D

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 09:22:01 »

Great to see you Carter. Thanks for loaning us the boards :).

Just so everyone isn't surprised, this is the damage. Badwrench has assured me that the damage is cosmetic and the board is working so I'm going to keep the tour going. I hope you don't mind I used your pictures Badwrench.

« Last Edit: Mon, 05 January 2015, 09:25:02 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 09:27:44 »
The key that is damaged, is a stock key right?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #172 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 09:34:51 »

No, if you look at the pictures in the OP, you can see what caps are which. It was a Cherry Doubleshot.

Offline dante

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 09:45:41 »
That's not damage - it gives the board character :D

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 09:57:39 »
I would sell the board as "well loved" ;)

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #175 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 10:10:48 »

No, if you look at the pictures in the OP, you can see what caps are which. It was a Cherry Doubleshot.

Indeed, my bad. I forgot the description in the OP.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #176 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 10:21:12 »
No problem at all using my pics. 
The board is working perfectly.  I switched caps back to the lasered pbts last night to see if they will grow on me a bit.  So far, not so much.  They just feel too slippery and light.  Gonna use them the rest of today at work so they will definitely get some hours of use while i catch up on 2 weeks of emails. 

Offline dante

« Reply #177 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 12:16:42 »

Have any idea on what you would let it go for?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #178 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 12:28:58 »

Have any idea on what you would let it go for?

It's not for sale. I believe it was a sample donated to Geekhack from Carter. It is the property of the Geekhack community with Mkawa and I as the caretakers. It's not mine to sell.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #179 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 19:12:15 »

I've noticed that Wyse 'F' and 'J' keys tend to have a rotation on them, like the stem is not aligned correctly rotationally.   Maybe this is the cause?

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #180 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 19:53:30 »

I've noticed that Wyse 'F' and 'J' keys tend to have a rotation on them, like the stem is not aligned correctly rotationally.   Maybe this is the cause?

After putting the whole WYSE set on (the alphas and f-row anyways), I can now confirm it does it on multiple random keys.  Just today the F3 key got hung up.  I am pretty sure it is the thick walls binding on the stem housing.  The thick cherry caps don't hang. 

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #181 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 17:39:49 »

WYSE keycaps are comptek(c?) which is the same as what DCS is now.

After putting the whole WYSE set on (the alphas and f-row anyways), I can now confirm it does it on multiple random keys.  Just today the F3 key got hung up.  I am pretty sure it is the thick walls binding on the stem housing.  The thick cherry caps don't hang. 

Hmm that's interesting. Those thick round stems are usually the best for off axis hits. If you have some krytox you can lube it, but it sholudn't need that.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 January 2015, 17:42:08 by dorkvader »

Offline pandather

• Formerly gopanthersgo1
  • Hello, I'm Mark.
« Reply #182 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 11:22:02 »
If I can still join in this I happily will. :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #183 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 11:50:20 »
Sign ups for this round have been closed for a while. Mkawa or myself will be running a second round sometime.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #184 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 17:12:23 »
Show Image

Hmm that's interesting. Those thick round stems are usually the best for off axis hits. If you have some krytox you can lube it, but it sholudn't need that.

I don't believe it is an issue with the stem, but rather an issue with the bottom of the key cap binding on the outside of the topre housing.  When it binds, there is no movement at all.  Usually it just took a couple of taps to get it loose, but one of them (f3) I actually had to lift up. 

As my tenure with the board comes to an end, I want to give a few of my parting thoughts.

This has been a pleasant experience.  I do enjoy the feel of the topre switch, but it seems to have a very one noted nature.  It has a snappiness that I enjoy, but overall, the 45g is just too light for me (same reason I got rid of my mx reds), and I much prefer a very tactile switch (blues/whites/white alps/buckling spring).  I could definitely see owning a topre board - probably something full size and firmer- for work, but until I am not sharing a work station, I wouldn't trust my coworkers with a multiple $100 keyboard.  The only board I have left at work was an AT101 which a coworker shorted a switch by spilling some water on it. 

The overall build quality of the board lives up the the price tag (other than the stock caps).  With the Cherry POM caps, this was a very comfortable board to type on and I can see finally what the deal is with the topre thock sound - it encourages you to keep typing faster and faster.  This was my first time typing on POM and I really liked the feel of them.  I still prefer Cherry ABS DS or SP DCS - especially after they get a little shiny as I like the almost sticky feel where my finger tips don't move around as much. 

Thank you again for allowing me to take part in this tour. 

The board will be in Nubbinators hands tomorrow morning (meeting for beer and pizza at Pizza Port in Carlsbad)  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 January 2015, 17:15:54 by Badwrench »

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #185 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 05:48:36 »
Show Image

I don't believe it is an issue with the stem, but rather an issue with the bottom of the key cap binding on the outside of the topre housing.  When it binds, there is no movement at all.  Usually it just took a couple of taps to get it loose, but one of them (f3) I actually had to lift up. 

As my tenure with the board comes to an end, I want to give a few of my parting thoughts.

This has been a pleasant experience.  I do enjoy the feel of the topre switch, but it seems to have a very one noted nature.  It has a snappiness that I enjoy, but overall, the 45g is just too light for me (same reason I got rid of my mx reds), and I much prefer a very tactile switch (blues/whites/white alps/buckling spring).  I could definitely see owning a topre board - probably something full size and firmer- for work, but until I am not sharing a work station, I wouldn't trust my coworkers with a multiple $100 keyboard.  The only board I have left at work was an AT101 which a coworker shorted a switch by spilling some water on it. 

The overall build quality of the board lives up the the price tag (other than the stock caps).  With the Cherry POM caps, this was a very comfortable board to type on and I can see finally what the deal is with the topre thock sound - it encourages you to keep typing faster and faster.  This was my first time typing on POM and I really liked the feel of them.  I still prefer Cherry ABS DS or SP DCS - especially after they get a little shiny as I like the almost sticky feel where my finger tips don't move around as much. 

Thank you again for allowing me to take part in this tour. 

The board will be in Nubbinators hands tomorrow morning (meeting for beer and pizza at Pizza Port in Carlsbad)  :thumb:

Thanks for your feedbacks.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #186 on: Sun, 11 January 2015, 22:25:32 »
Board is now in the hands of Nubbinator.  Thanks cptfor doing this.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #187 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 21:36:54 »
I just plugged the board in and started playing with it some.  All I can say to start is damn this thing is noisy compared to my HHKB and I am not sure how I feel about POM.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #188 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 00:14:08 »
I may or may not do a running commentary like I did with the FC660C and HHKB Type-S review I did that led up to me getting a HHKB. 

So far the one thing I notice about the Novatouch is that it seems louder to me than the HHKB.  It really doesn't appear to be significantly louder, but it definitely is not as deep and rich of a typing noise as the HHKB.  I'm going to try throwing some of my Triumph Adler PBT on it to see if it makes a difference in how it feels and sounds.

I don't have any significant niggles save for one so far, the modifier rattler.  I swear the Enter and Backspace keys on this rattle louder than any Costar stabilized board I've ever used.  And those keys also feel significantly different to strike than the Alphas.  It's to the point of being immersion breaking and making me loathe having to hit either of those two keys because I know the feel and the sound will be less than awesome.  The Alphas feel good though.  The key presses don't feel as crisp and snappy as the HHKB, but they do feel more solid.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or just a neutral thing at this point.

I can, however, say that the Novatouch is far more pleasing to type on than the FC660C was.  I can also say that I like it much more than the 35g Realforce I tried.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #189 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 06:32:23 »
If you could just keep editing a post, that would be nice. If you do that, then I can just link you once in the OP like I've done with everyone else nubbinator. But it's up to you how you want to do your review.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #190 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 09:06:51 »
If you could just keep editing a post, that would be nice. If you do that, then I can just link you once in the OP like I've done with everyone else nubbinator. But it's up to you how you want to do your review.

I'll do a final wrap up and link to my thoughts along the way in it.  I don't plan on doing a ton, only as things really strike me.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #191 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 06:44:41 »
I don't remember but is this board a retail version or a prototype one? I ask because I'd like to know which one is it and which type of cable it has. IIRC the prototype version comes with a right angled cable and the retail version comes with a straight one. Can you confirm? I bought NT but I just noticed on the seller picture that it has a right angled cable hence I want to know which version I am getting.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 06:46:05 »
I have a right angled cable but it came in the retail packaging. I believe it's a retail unit.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 06:54:59 »
I have a right angled cable but it came in the retail packaging. I believe it's a retail unit.

Alright. I'm doubtful because I remember reading something alike on the CM NT thread where Carter participated. I should check that thread again.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #194 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 06:59:17 »
Well if you find out, please let me know. I don't really know what I have but the packaging looks exactly like what was in MicroCenter (a retail store) when I went.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #195 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 07:00:45 »
I found it again. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56756.msg1480484#msg1480484 If you read several posts starting from the one I posted it seems that the version whose some flows have been corrected is the version with the straight USB cable.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #196 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 07:04:06 »
I think the problem referred to some loose plunger on the right angle version. But I think it can be answered quickly maybe. As you had such a version, did you notice some loose plungers?

If not, it would seem that I'm just being doubtful for nothing. Better be sure!  :p

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #197 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 07:06:54 »
I think the problem referred to some loose plunger on the right angle version. But I think it can be answered quickly maybe. As you had such a version, did you notice some loose plungers?

If not, it would seem that I'm just being doubtful for nothing. Better be sure!  :p

I think you're being paranoid. I didn't feel any loose plungers nor did any of the previous testers alert me to any issues.

Also I can't actually remember if the cable was left or right angled. It was definitely angled of some sort.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #198 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 07:19:09 »

I think you're being paranoid. I didn't feel any loose plungers nor did any of the previous testers alert me to any issues.

Also I can't actually remember if the cable was left or right angled. It was definitely angled of some sort.

Yeah probably I've just read too much threads about the Novatouch. I'll see how it goes once I received mine. The seller is trustworthy some told me so I don't expect him to screw over. It is just that it would be a pity.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #199 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 09:23:33 »
nubbinator should be transferring to the board to MythicalWaygu sometime soon (read this week). Just FYI everyone.