Author Topic: New ducky double shot PBT  (Read 4787 times)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
New ducky double shot PBT
« on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 13:23:47 »
MK has a nice new colorway for preorder in double shot PBT.   Only standard compatibility.

I plan to get a set:
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4282

Offline nogoodnames444

• I like keyboards
Re: New ducky double shot PBT
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 22:05:35 »
I wish ducky keycaps were thicker and they had more compatibility

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 22:12:49 »
My ducky caps are thicker than Gateron or GMK. They are the thickest keycaps I’ve ever owned

Maybe these double shot are thinner?  Not sure

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 06:35:42 »
Meh. I've listened to all the guys who said that pbt is better and doesn't shine and I've bought some sets. In my opinion, it feels dry and rough, it looks and feels bad and I can't stand it.

Offline firezlife

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 08:47:47 »
Meh. I've listened to all the guys who said that pbt is better and doesn't shine and I've bought some sets. In my opinion, it feels dry and rough, it looks and feels bad and I can't stand it.

First time I got PBT, it did feel grainy initially.  After awhile that grainniness faded.  The caps don't shine as well.  Always hated that about ABS!!

Offline nastrovje

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 15:15:11 »

I hate that ABS feels wet and smooth after a while. It looks great but feels bad. I can't stand it.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 15:42:35 »

I hate that ABS feels wet and smooth after a while. It looks great but feels bad. I can't stand it.

I like my keyboards like my girlfriends. Wet and smooth.

Jokes apart, it doesn't feel wet or greasy to me. It's simply smooth.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 16:01:33 »
I like all kinds of textures. I don't mind ABS on GMK keycaps, but for some reason ABS caps from SP cause me issues.  I love the look of them, but my fingers get kinda "stuck" on the surface instead of gliding across them.  Like sneakers on a wooden basketball court.  I live with it b/c I love the colorways and fonts, but I prefer PBT dry texture.  The texture on SP DSA is good, too.

Offline killyou

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 08:43:30 »
Ducky doubleshot PBT keycaps are nice but I wish they would be a tad thicker, had slightly thicker font and different mods (win key especially bugs me). They are very good for the price.

Offline nogoodnames444

• I like keyboards
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 22:09:37 »
Ducky doubleshot PBT keycaps are nice but I wish they would be a tad thicker, had slightly thicker font and different mods (win key especially bugs me). They are very good for the price.
I hate that the caps lock keys have the little dot for the backlit molds