Author Topic: Infinity ErgoDox - LED help  (Read 3403 times)

Offline TomBodet

Infinity ErgoDox - LED help
« on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 09:32:49 »

I've got a first round Infinity ErgoDox that finally I got around to finishing.  Yes, I'm that slow/lazy/etc.  Haven't even come up with a proper key layout yet but flashed each half with the default config from IC just to start testing.

I did the SIP socket LED trick so none of the LEDs are soldered in.  On both halves when connected one at a time to a PC, the lower two rows and the thumb cluster LEDs don't light up. 

Anyone know if this was a known issue for the first round?

Where do I start?  I've got a meter.

TIA

Offline TomBodet

Re: Infinity ErgoDox - LED help
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 14:53:56 »
Apparently the +/- pads on the lower half of the board are inverse of the upper half?  I flipped a couple LEDs around and they come on.

I assumed the same orientation for each position.  Glad I used the SIPs.

Offline Parak

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 16:25:08 »
Nope, that definitely shouldn't be the case - you can verify via the schematic and board file on github if you're interested. It's possible due to how the matrix works that some other led somewhere was flipped around, and this caused confusion for all the others.

Also if you have the very first round one, I suggest reinforcing the micro usb 3 connectors by adding a tiny bit of solder to the underside where the small indent separating the usb2 side from the usb3 side is. The solder should just basically plug up this indent.

Offline TomBodet

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 07:14:04 »
Thanks Parak.

Yep, did the USB reinforce already.

The bit that has me about the way the behavior has been is that I installed the LEDs on the switches before any soldering took place.  In other words, I pulled the switches apart en'masse to put the SIPs in, then put the LEDs in.  After all that, I started populating the plate & pcb with the completed switches.  So the fact that both halves behave in exactly the same way when the switches were loaded in a completely random fashion (with regard to LED placement) had me scratching my head. 

I have yet to keep working with the board this weekend, but dying to get it finished.