Author Topic: Rama Works M60-A [SHIPPED]  (Read 304987 times)

Offline Pragmatizm

Re: Rama Works M60-A [SHIPPING]
« Reply #1100 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 09:14:45 »
It seems I may have a broken PCB, a number of my keys are not working. Those keys are 6,7,8,9, Y, U. I pulled the switches on all those keys to check for bent pins and even tried fresh switches to see if they were dead switches. I was able to get 9 and U to actuate only part of the time when I pressed firmly down on the switch. This leads me to believe there is an issue with the hot swap? Any advice would be helpful.

Offline MrTq

« Reply #1101 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 09:15:19 »
Here’s my Sage https://imgur.com/a/w52tzYq

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 November 2018, 00:02:04 by MrTq »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1102 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 09:32:36 »
It seems I may have a broken PCB, a number of my keys are not working. Those keys are 6,7,8,9, Y, U. I pulled the switches on all those keys to check for bent pins and even tried fresh switches to see if they were dead switches. I was able to get 9 and U to actuate only part of the time when I pressed firmly down on the switch. This leads me to believe there is an issue with the hot swap? Any advice would be helpful.

Touch the two hot swap arms simultaneously on the back with tweezers to see if they register a keypress.  This way you’ll know if it’s thr board or not.  Most likely one of the switches is not going through the board and caused it to bow out so that the rest can’t be properly seated. 
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 November 2018, 09:34:18 by pixelpusher »

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #1103 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 09:55:07 »

That's a stunning racing green! What are you going to put in/on it?

Offline MrTq

« Reply #1104 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 10:54:07 »

My build: Box Royal switches, GMK Camping keyset. I’m also going to put it on GMK Terminal.

Offline up-in

« Reply #1105 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 12:24:24 »

My build: Box Royal switches, GMK Camping keyset. I’m also going to put it on GMK Terminal.

Very nice touch! How does the Box Royal feel?

Offline TestostoBoost

« Reply #1106 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 13:52:09 »
Quick phone shot but here is my Moon at the office with temp GMK caps running Hako Royal Trues.
207648-0

Offline Latto

« Reply #1107 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 16:19:50 »
Endgame 60%. Zealios v2 lubed with gmk qmx silencer and silence rings. Just fantastic all around. Thanks Rama.

Offline ExuDeCandomble

« Reply #1108 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 16:56:41 »
I'm here to sadly vent. After all of the phenomenal work done by Rama on this GB, the shipping company managed to significantly damage my case by gouging it through all of the outer packaging. Very bummed out about this... I contacted Rama to see what can be done but I wanted to vent here for therapeutic reasons.

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #1109 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 16:59:17 »
Holy hell! How the **** did they manage that?! I'm sure rama will sort you out though!

Offline ExuDeCandomble

« Reply #1110 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 17:12:29 »
Holy hell! How the **** did they manage that?! I'm sure rama will sort you out though!
Precisely my first thought! That's a lot of packaging to punch through. When I initially saw that the outer box was damaged I wasn't too concerned, but then I saw the inner box and was hoping that the foam inside was thick enough. Sadly I don't think any foam known to man would have been dense enough to repel whatever sharp object was forcefully jabbed into my poor keyboard 😢

Offline inter

« Reply #1111 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 22:23:11 »
I received my M60 today. It looks, feels, and sounds great!

I will post some photos when the sun is up again, but I wanted to take a minute and just repeat what everyone else has said. This is an incredible product and an extremely well run and communicated group buy. Everything from ordering and updates to tracking shipping notifications, to unboxing, building and flashing was tastefully branded and a consistently delightful experience.

This is definitely makes typing feel luxurious, thank you for producing it Rama & Co!

Offline deterouni

« Reply #1112 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 22:42:14 »
Overall I am extremely disappointed in the finished product and QC of the PCB.  I have over 8 keys that don't register when a switch is inserted.  Yes i removed the switch to make sure the pin is straight and I can jump the switch on the back with tweezers.  It appears that the solder that connected the hotswap to the PCB has several issues, or the sockets themselves are bad. One would be bad but over 8 is pretty ridiculous. I can reflow them, but I wonder if I should just pursue a replacement before trying that.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1113 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 23:16:58 »
Precisely my first thought! That's a lot of packaging to punch through. When I initially saw that the outer box was damaged I wasn't too concerned, but then I saw the inner box and was hoping that the foam inside was thick enough. Sadly I don't think any foam known to man would have been dense enough to repel whatever sharp object was forcefully jabbed into my poor keyboard 😢

This looks really similar to some other ****ed up packages I've seen - most likely it was dropped onto the end of a shelf (think metal racking) that was just straight metal, and it punctured all the way through. That's what I've been telling myself at least. Sorry to see that though :'(

Offline deterouni

« Reply #1114 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 23:55:10 »
Overall I am extremely disappointed in the finished product and QC of the PCB.  I have over 8 keys that don't register when a switch is inserted.  Yes i removed the switch to make sure the pin is straight and I can jump the switch on the back with tweezers.  It appears that the solder that connected the hotswap to the PCB has several issues, or the sockets themselves are bad. One would be bad but over 8 is pretty ridiculous. I can reflow them, but I wonder if I should just pursue a replacement before trying that.

I ended up reflowing the sockets anyway.  That has fixed the issue it appears.

Offline r0b1n4sale

« Reply #1115 on: Sat, 24 November 2018, 04:41:00 »
Very satisfied with this board. Is it possible for us to get a usb-c to usb-c cable like this one (https://ramaworks.store/products/rama-usb3-1-c-a-1m-cable) from you?

Offline Pragmatizm

« Reply #1116 on: Sat, 24 November 2018, 12:47:05 »

I had the same issue. Looks like im going to have to pull it apart and check all the solder points. I shouldnt have to, but it seems I have little choice.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1117 on: Sat, 24 November 2018, 14:35:50 »
You guys with PCB issues... if you email support you will have a new PCB in 3 days.  Don't fret.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #1118 on: Sat, 24 November 2018, 14:46:43 »
You guys with PCB issues... if you email support you will have a new PCB in 3 days.  Don't fret.
I'll take your old pcb off you.

Anyone with a broken pcb that wants to get rid of it, let me know.

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #1119 on: Sat, 24 November 2018, 17:08:47 »
Some bad PCBs are a given, especially if rama actually sold as many m60's as it looks like he did. But i know rama will sort you out if you just email support...

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #1120 on: Sat, 24 November 2018, 17:50:18 »
Excuse the potato picture for now , but thank you Rama and team for breathing some life back into my gmk plum set!

I'll have some better shots coming up Later.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #1121 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 07:13:24 »

Solarized Moon

Offline ullr

« Reply #1122 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 09:56:10 »
This thread really needs another bad cell phone photo

Never thought I'd get a use for the ten Novelias I got, but they work great for the stabilized keys - box royals elsewhere. Absolutely love the board Rama.

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #1123 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 10:53:01 »
That's so pretty dude! SA camping is so nice!

Offline jjwax

« Reply #1124 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 18:55:09 »
207741-0

Parenthood is rough sometimes... I could be building this bad boy now.....

Tomorrow though!

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #1125 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 20:26:51 »
(Attachment Link)

Tomorrow though!

I mean, if you need to pay for your kid's stuff I can take it all of your hands...

Offline jjwax

« Reply #1126 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 22:18:47 »
(Attachment Link)

Tomorrow though!

I mean, if you need to pay for your kid's stuff I can take it all of your hands...

LOL I don't need to pay for things, I just need time!

Offline arang

« Reply #1127 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 00:04:34 »
MY SAGE

« Last Edit: Mon, 26 November 2018, 06:49:27 by arang »

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #1128 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 00:23:30 »
MY SAGE

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Loving the accent keys complimenting the polished brass on the back!

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #1129 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 02:20:30 »
What was M60-A retail?

Offline fishinaspacesuit

« Reply #1130 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 03:12:25 »
You can check for retail prices here https://ramaworks.store/collections/m60

Offline jjwax

« Reply #1131 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 06:46:59 »
What was M60-A retail?

Base started at $360+$50 shipping (no switches/keycaps)

Offline MisterKnife

« Reply #1132 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 12:51:43 »
What was M60-A retail?

Base started at $360+$50 shipping (no switches/keycaps)

Add 90euros if your in the eu. Import

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #1133 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 13:28:39 »
This is a long shot, but does anyone have any crazy ideas on how I could mod the PCB to support a split spacebar? I’m willing to loose the top right delete if I have to.

I guess another option is a different PCB that could fit the case but I believe it uses custom mount points

Offline Atredl

« Reply #1134 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 13:57:31 »
This is a long shot, but does anyone have any crazy ideas on how I could mod the PCB to support a split spacebar? I’m willing to loose the top right delete if I have to.

I guess another option is a different PCB that could fit the case but I believe it uses custom mount points
Well you’d need to drill at least 3 holes in the pcb for each switch you plan on adding. 2 for the metal pins and one for the center stub. And that’s if you plan on clipping off the pcb mount pins. This will also only work if there aren’t any existing traces in the spots where you drill. Then you’d have to find a way to add the new switches into the matrix. Since the case is fixed layout you’d need to do some serious dremel work on the case, which could get messy really quickly.

Overall I wouldn’t recommend it. Honest question, why not just find a keyboard that supports split space natively? There are a lot of chances to mess this up if you don’t already know what you’re doing.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #1135 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 07:16:59 »
Very satisfied with this board. Is it possible for us to get a usb-c to usb-c cable like this one (https://ramaworks.store/products/rama-usb3-1-c-a-1m-cable) from you?

We'll definitely be making C-C cables in the future, most likely in the same style included with the M60-A :)

(Attachment Link)

Tomorrow though!

LOL I don't need to pay for things, I just need time!

Time is the hardest thing to come by these days  ???  Also, gotta see that Serika on there!!

MY SAGE

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Amazing photos as always Arang!! Love the entire collection!! 
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline deterouni

« Reply #1136 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 07:22:08 »

Shot off an email. Thanks for the info. I did manage to get mine working, but I am concerned long term about having an already "repaired" PCB at the start of this keyboards life. I know with some of the older group buys PCBs are impossible to find.

Offline jjwax

« Reply #1137 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 07:51:27 »
207856-0
207858-1

Best. Board. Ever.

With that internal weight this thing is an absolute UNIT.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #1138 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 08:05:16 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Best. Board. Ever.

With that internal weight this thing is an absolute UNIT.

Oh man, yeah, the internal weight makes it irrationally heavy. Like... confusingly heavy  :))  Love love love the combo with Serika!!
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline mbsurfer

« Reply #1139 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 08:26:34 »

Loving the board!

MOON
Internal Weight
Lubed Vint Blacks
GMK screw in stabs lubed, clipped, and band aid modded
SA Oblivion with Hagoromo Alphas, Git Mods, and Vim caps
ETFxHWS Textbook Fugthulu

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #1140 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 08:29:25 »
I heard crappy cell-phone picture...

Also, this board has converted me to a split backspace lover in like 3 days flat. I keep hitting backslash instead of backspace on my other boards now :p

I'm loving all these pictures. Definitely my favorite keyboard I have ever touched currently.

GMK Plum looks surprisingly good on Sage! (Compared to what your initial gut reaction would be)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1141 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 08:44:52 »

Show Image

Also, this board has converted me to a split backspace lover in like 3 days flat. I keep hitting backslash instead of backspace on my other boards now :p

I'm loving all these pictures. Definitely my favorite keyboard I have ever touched currently.

GMK Plum looks surprisingly good on Sage! (Compared to what your initial gut reaction would be)

Plum looks really different to the renders in this picture :eek:

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1142 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 09:12:28 »

Makes perfect sense, actually. 
https://www.google.com/search?q=jewel+tones

Offline chief_shankaho

« Reply #1143 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 09:24:49 »
How many of you guys bandaid modded the spacebar stabilizer? I bandaided the other stabs but didn't do the spacebar since the LEDs would be covered by the bandaid.

Offline pnkpanther65

« Reply #1144 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 09:26:12 »
How many of you guys bandaid modded the spacebar stabilizer? I bandaided the other stabs but didn't do the spacebar since the LEDs would be covered by the bandaid.
I bandaided all of mine. Used white medical tape so it just dulls and diffused the LEDs a bit on the space. It's lost light sure but the thocc is worth the trade to me

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline chief_shankaho

« Reply #1145 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 09:31:06 »
Ah white medical tape is a good idea. I'll have to try that.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #1146 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 11:13:14 »

Show Image

Also, this board has converted me to a split backspace lover in like 3 days flat. I keep hitting backslash instead of backspace on my other boards now

Right? I love plum on my sage!

Offline inter

« Reply #1147 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 11:47:53 »

I did a band-aid mod on space, but I put tiny little band-aid pieces on each side (north/south) of the led. My downstroke is still dampened though! Although with my GMK stabs I am not sure it matters but I was worried about heat.

Offline ullr

« Reply #1148 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 13:10:53 »
I just band aid modded the space bar regardless, I don't care for backlighting

Offline Starston3

« Reply #1149 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 15:01:11 »
RAMA stabs wen ETA?