Author Topic: kept mt SlimBlade  (Read 1725 times)

Offline rsantos97

kept mt SlimBlade
« on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 02:52:14 »
So I printed out a return shipping label for the SlimBlade but I ended up keeping it.  I am really liking the SlimBlade's silky smooth operation.  I like the fact that I can program the four buttons to do pretty much whatever I want plus I have two extra programmable key presses, the two top buttos and the two bottom buttons, for a total of six programmable key presses.  I decided to keep my SlinBlade because it is actually smoother than the Ltrac and the dpi is actually the same for me since I used the Ltrac in the medium dpi setting anyways. I really like the scroll feature with the SlimBlade especially after configuring it in the settings.

Offline All The Fire

kept mt SlimBlade
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 03:39:57 »
I love the simulated click sound with the scrolling, I often find myself just spinning the ball for the clicking.

You have to be careful with the double programmable buttons, particularly with games, having set them up then jumping into ME3 I hit all sorts of trouble. :S One problem I have with the programmable buttons is that they have no repeat options for keyboard presses, I'm not even concerned about repeat rates I'd just like it to repeat like normal. Mapping one of the tops buttons to a keypress and then mapping that keypress to 'hold to run' in a game just does not work. It seems the slimblade won't register keypresses until the upstroke of the button press.

Clicks work fine in that you can hold them and they register, it just seems to be isolated with mapping keypresses. I found clicks for that sort of stuff better anyway, and then aiming and shooting with shift and space, makes tracking a target so much easier.

Offline mrsmiles

kept mt SlimBlade
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 April 2012, 06:40:52 »
just got myself one recently and im loving it myself but one thing i wish could do is disable the scrolling feature its not something i saw in the trackworks software otherwise its an excellent trackball device.