Author Topic: My Collection  (Read 11099 times)

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
My Collection
« on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 07:10:39 »
After a little more than 2 years since I have joined GH my collection is pretty much what I wanted to be :)

1. GON NerD60 Black Edition - 55g Vintage Blacks / PCB Mount - Galaxy Class Set (the first one) - Silver Alu Case (Hammer Style)

2. GON NerD60 white PCB - 55g Vintage Blacks / 3mm Black GON plate - GMK Dolch set - Vortex Aluminum Case - Oktoberfest Blank

3. GON NerD60 [CTRL]ALT Edition - MX Red PCB Mount - Dolch + Originative GMK Purple mods - Stock Poker Case - SLS Green Esc

4. SPRiT faceW blue PCB - 62g old MX Black - 5mm blue SPRiT acrylic plate - Charred Orange/Skidata -  Candy Corn Blank - Blue Alu Case (Hammer Style)

5. Hasu Alps64 prototype - Black Alps - Dell Caps - Stock Poker case - Dolly and Fn from Nubbs :

6. HHKB - Red Ctrl - Conduit Grey CC

7. NIB IBM SSK - BBv2 on Esc:

8. Dolch PAC Keyboard - Icestorm BBv2

9. winkeyless B.face green PCB - 60g Vintage Blaks - LeanderN/JDCarpe purple plate - GMK Hyperfuse - Binge cap on Esc - Stock Poker Case

I still have one board to finish, that is a GH60, I need only the case, should be here in a couple of days.
10.And the GH60 is done too - GH60 PCB - 55g Vintage Blacks - Original Cherry WoB, Purple GMK, green Esc and matching green spacebar, cheap aliexpress case, the best cases you can have for a 60%
I wanted to have this board since I have started with this hobby, I wasn't part of the GB but still. I love this board, it's simple no flashy flashy and other nonsense.

I'm very pleased with my collection, I have an artisan cap for each board with a little story to tell, I have the caps I wanted. At this moment the board that I like the most is the [CTRL]ALT 60, I know it has a plain Poker case, MX Red, but I love how it feels, after a couple of months the MX Reds turned really smooth and have the perfect weight, the caps combo Purple + Gray is perfect, it's light. On the second place is the GON NerD60 with the GMK Dolch.
But I love all my boards and I keep them in my daily rotation, with the exception of the IBM SSK, I type very rare on that one, couldn't say why, so the greatest fan of buckling spring, maybe I'll trade it one day for some nice 60% board...

As you can see there is nothing glamorous about my collection, nothing really rare just boards that are used with love.

P.S: Yes, both my GMK Dolch sets are missing a 4$  :p and I love it  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 April 2016, 11:10:15 by DanielT »
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
Re: My Collection
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 07:12:55 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:27:22 by Khers »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 07:14:17 »
What can I say, I love 60% and I hate swapping caps :))

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 07:17:58 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:27:16 by Khers »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 07:26:33 »
I know the feeling, all my Cherry boards have almost HHKB layout, I say almost because I have normal Backspace and |\ in the normal place. All the boards have the same key mapping except some are 1.5 + 1 + 1.5 and others 1.25 ... but that is more for looks, I don't need all the keys.
I loved hunting for the parts and building each board. On the [CTRL]ALT 60 I did even SMD soldering. I still have to do some things on the boards, some resistor soldering, LED's but there is no rush, in the mean time I use them :)
I have now a rule and each week I take another board at work, and yes even the boards with CC's on them, those caps are to be used and not hidden in a drawer :P

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 07:30:10 »
Awesome collection! Thanks for sharing.

Love the way you've used those artisan caps. :D

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 07:44:54 »

Thanks :) Artisan caps are supposed to be used and I only have what I can use and has also a meaning to me.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 07:53:52 »

Thanks :) Artisan caps are supposed to be used and I only have what I can use and has also a meaning to me.

Use 'em or lose 'em!

Do you have a favorite?

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 07:57:07 »
Nice collection!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 08:18:41 »
Use 'em or lose 'em!

Do you have a favorite?
From the artisan caps my favorite is the Candy Corn Blank, and it has nothing to do with the fact that it is a CC. All the artisan caps have a meaning and a little story and in that lays the value for me.
From the boards it's the [CTRL]ALT 60.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 08:21:25 »
Very nice 60% collection...between the different spring weights for the MX boards, which is your favorite?

Also, very nice artisan collection...and yay for candy corn! your bloodpact BBv2 makes me jealous though  :blank:  :))

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 08:22:44 »
Use 'em or lose 'em!

Do you have a favorite?
From the artisan caps my favorite is the Candy Corn Blank, and it has nothing to do with the fact that it is a CC. All the artisan caps have a meaning and a little story and in that lays the value for me.
From the boards it's the [CTRL]ALT 60.

Oh yeah, wasn't the Candy Corn the one several people teamed up together to help you get? If so, that's a very good story.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 08:28:45 »
@FLFisherman: yep , Nubbs organized that and the package arrived on Dec 24 :)
@jerue: for the weight it depends a lot on the setup, for example if it's PCB mount MX Red and 55g is perfect, if it's alu plate 55g or 60g (here it's again strange, with GON plate which is 3mm thick 55g feel amazing, with 1.5mm thick plate 55g feel like crap so I went with 60g) and for acrylic plate 62g was the choice , tested more weights but felt really bad with the acrylic plate.
But again, my all time favorite is a well used MX Red :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 April 2016, 08:30:41 by DanielT »

Offline rurushu

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 09:04:43 »
very nice collection!

hardcore 60% user!

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 09:32:48 »
Love the Black Edition :)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 16:48:27 »
Gon Nerd60 has diamond style arrow keys like hhkb?

That layout looks freakin' like what I want... HHKB in cherry-flavor.

Where can I buy that?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 02:05:15 »

Where can I buy that?
For GOn boards you can go here http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/ but the wait time is pretty long. But any programmable keyboard can get you that layout, GH60, winkeyless.kr , all are programmable and you can put any layout you want.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 03:36:18 »

Where can I buy that?
For GOn boards you can go here http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/ but the wait time is pretty long. But any programmable keyboard can get you that layout, GH60, winkeyless.kr , all are programmable and you can put any layout you want.

This looks promising. Thaanks!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 11:17:13 »
And updated with the GH60, a keyboard like all compact keyboards should be, light, easy to program, no complications like flashy LED's and crap like that. One thing I have realised, the best 60% cases are the stock plastic ones. For someone like me who likes to rotate and use all of his boards and take them to work a heavy case is a huge minus. And I don't even like the feel of the switches with an alu case that much...

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 04:36:29 »
And updated with the GH60, a keyboard like all compact keyboards should be, light, easy to program, no complications like flashy LED's and crap like that. One thing I have realised, the best 60% cases are the stock plastic ones. For someone like me who likes to rotate and use all of his boards and take them to work a heavy case is a huge minus. And I don't even like the feel of the switches with an alu case that much...

That's the same with HHKB... really light. I don't feel the weight in my bag.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 04:48:35 »
For that is very important, I like to use my boards and not just worship them, so being able to carry them with me and have a constant rotation is very important. I'm thinking very seriously to ditch one of the alu cases and replace it with a plastic one.
The silver board with Galaxy Class is permanently at home on my home media center, it looks good there and it's used. The Vortex alu case is slim and doesn't add to much weight, but the blue case is way to heavy to take it with me and to just used it at home from time to time is a shame, and in a combo with acrylic plate is not that nice I could say even tiring to my fingers...

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 04:53:13 »
For that is very important, I like to use my boards and not just worship them, so being able to carry them with me and have a constant rotation is very important. I'm thinking very seriously to ditch one of the alu cases and replace it with a plastic one.
The silver board with Galaxy Class is permanently at home on my home media center, it looks good there and it's used. The Vortex alu case is slim and doesn't add to much weight, but the blue case is way to heavy to take it with me and to just used it at home from time to time is a shame, and in a combo with acrylic plate is not that nice I could say even tiring to my fingers...

Yeah I really use my boards at well. I don't just look at them like pieces of arts. Alu cases are really nice on the desk though, but yeah too heavy for day-to-day traveling.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 05:06:36 »
Yeah I really use my boards at well. I don't just look at them like pieces of arts. Alu cases are really nice on the desk though, but yeah too heavy for day-to-day traveling.
I feel the same, the keyboard is a very important tool for me, I use it at least 8h a day and, since I have discovered mechanical boards, especially 60% my life quality has improved (at work and in my free time too).
It's very important too look nice, I try to match the theme of the board I'm using with my mood, but I'm always keeping usability on the first place.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 05:14:40 »
I feel the same, the keyboard is a very important tool for me, I use it at least 8h a day and, since I have discovered mechanical boards, especially 60% my life quality has improved (at work and in my free time too).
It's very important too look nice, I try to match the theme of the board I'm using with my mood, but I'm always keeping usability on the first place.

Since I am into mechs (again... as a child I didn't realize I was using them), productivity is way better.

For the love of god, I cannot understand why those office clerks can stand the keyboards their bosses throw at them. Those stock dome boards are not what I consider keyboards. They are trash.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 05:23:19 »
The boards I had at work were utter crap, we had some Dell rubber domes, GOD those were awful it felt like typing on jellyfish wrapped in wet toilet paper. And so much space wasted with all the keys I never use. The day I discovered 60% my life just got better :)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 05:54:53 »
The boards I had at work were utter crap, we had some Dell rubber domes, GOD those were awful it felt like typing on jellyfish wrapped in wet toilet paper. And so much space wasted with all the keys I never use. The day I discovered 60% my life just got better :)

We also have these crappy gray dell domes at the office.. never used em (for longer than 5 minutes). I always take my own board with me.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 06:43:54 »
We also have these crappy gray dell domes at the office.. never used em (for longer than 5 minutes). I always take my own board with me.
Yep, I do the same. Those boards are horrible, every time I have to type on one of my colleagues computer it makes my skin crawl. What it's really surprising is that so few people understand how important are keyboards, they invest in all sorts of crap for ergonomics but keyboards are not part of that ...

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 07:19:20 »
Yep, I do the same. Those boards are horrible, every time I have to type on one of my colleagues computer it makes my skin crawl. What it's really surprising is that so few people understand how important are keyboards, they invest in all sorts of crap for ergonomics but keyboards are not part of that ...

No wonder so many people today have RSI. Only looking at those boards gives me pain already.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 08:35:39 »
Worst than that are laptops and the track pads, those are a killer too ... I've always felt so unnatural to use the laptop track pad, your fingers are in the most awkward position, it hurts only looking at it ... which reminds me that I have to buy a decent mouse :)) I've been so focused on the keyboard that I kept using the same cheap Microsoft mouse (which is not that bad in the end). So next on the list is a mouse I have always loved and felt so comfortable to use, a Razer Abyssus .

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 08:46:12 »
Worst than that are laptops and the track pads, those are a killer too ... I've always felt so unnatural to use the laptop track pad, your fingers are in the most awkward position, it hurts only looking at it ... which reminds me that I have to buy a decent mouse :)) I've been so focused on the keyboard that I kept using the same cheap Microsoft mouse (which is not that bad in the end). So next on the list is a mouse I have always loved and felt so comfortable to use, a Razer Abyssus .

I use an Avior 7000. I like the trackpad in my late 2010 MacBook Pro but the wrist angle is really weird when you use the laptop on your lap. Probably very RSI-prone.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 09:23:41 »
Interesting mouse, worth considering :) Thanks for the tip  :thumb:
Track pads on the Mac are very nice but as you said, weird on the wrist if you don't have the proper position while using it.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 09:25:42 »
Interesting mouse, worth considering :) Thanks for the tip  :thumb:
Track pads on the Mac are very nice but as you said, weird on the wrist if you don't have the proper position while using it.

There is also the Mionix Castor that gets a lot of praise, but I haven't used it myself.

I'm now holding out until Mionix makes a mouse with the 3366 sensor from the Logitech G502.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 09:26:10 »
One funny thing, I forgot to show my 60% keyboard storage box :

And this is the box where I keep all my caps:

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 09:27:42 »
One funny thing, I forgot to show my 60% keyboard storage box :
Show Image

And this is the box where I keep all my caps:
Show Image

Lol a little bit ghetto bro.. but it gets the job done so it's fiiinee  :thumb:

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 09:29:54 »
There is also the Mionix Castor that gets a lot of praise, but I haven't used it myself.

I'm now holding out until Mionix makes a mouse with the 3366 sensor from the Logitech G502.
Interesting, I like a classic shape in a mouse. I have tried the more exotic shapes, like vertical mouse and other futuristic shapes and I just can't get used to that ...

Yep, the storage is a little ghetto, but that's an original Haribo box from the factory in Bonn  :cool: and my 60% keyboards fit perfectly inside. And none of the boards sits there for ages as each has it's turn once a couple of weeks.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 09:32:28 »

Interesting, I like a classic shape in a mouse. I have tried the more exotic shapes, like vertical mouse and other futuristic shapes and I just can't get used to that ...

Yep, the storage is a little ghetto, but that's an original Haribo box from the factory in Bonn  :cool: and my 60% keyboards fit perfectly inside. And none of the boards sits there for ages as each has it's turn once a couple of weeks.

Do you literally stack them on top of each other? Or a bit sideways..?

I'm always a bit anxious to stack them literally on top because I fear that the springs may become weakened if I leave them there for longer times.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 09:36:43 »

I'm always a bit anxious to stack them literally on top because I fear that the springs may become weakened if I leave them there for longer times.
Nooo, never on top of each other, that kills the poor switches. Each board is stacked sideways with space between the boards. That's why the Haribo box is perfect. And each keyboard has its own sleeve. And if a keyboard sits on the desk I put a microfiber cloth on top of it when I'm not using it (during the night for example), this keeps the dust away.
That photo was a bit messy, it was during the "photo shoot" , otherwise I have everything in perfect order, I hate a pileup of keyboards that are close to falling all over you.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 April 2016, 09:39:41 by DanielT »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 09:42:19 »

Nooo, never on top of each other, that kills the poor switches. Each board is stacked sideways with space between the boards. That's why the Haribo box is perfect. And each keyboard has its own sleeve. And if a keyboard sits on the desk I put a microfiber cloth on top of it when I'm not using it (during the night for example), this keeps the dust away.
That photo was a bit messy, it was during the "photo shoot" , otherwise I have everything in perfect order, I hate a pileup of keyboards that are close to falling all over you.

Nice system for stacking em you got there. I should get myself a box as well. It's really messy here right now.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 10:25:16 »
The box was really a "life saver" it's perfect for 60% and has some coolness factor being a Haribo box, you're never too old for sweets :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 03:50:49 »
(Pretending didn't see Dolch keyboard) you need a Kishsaver instead of the SSK.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ