Author Topic: Elite Keyboards Soft Landing Pads Vs. O-Rings ?  (Read 4817 times)

Offline Encabulator

Elite Keyboards Soft Landing Pads Vs. O-Rings ?
« on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 09:28:24 »
I'm currently doing my first actual "modifications" on my new keyboard (case painting, lubing etc.)  I really like my cherry blue switches for typing but I only have really had experience with linear switches in my past so I tend to bottom out the keys a lot. What do you guys prefer for noise dampening. If O-rings what thickness and hardness? If landing pads, soft or hard? Thank you :)
relax bro.. no one will bite ur head off on geekhack.. this is not that kind of community...   hahahahahahaha

Though tp4 will personally chew you out if you start selling $60 orings.

Offline dante

Offline Blue_Moon

Re: Elite Keyboards Soft Landing Pads Vs. O-Rings ?
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 17:33:52 »
i recently tried the soft landing pads. i've also tried o-rings, but i forget which. i was surprised that the soft landing pads had the same effect as o-rings to me. let me explain

i liked how the o-rings cushioned the key from bottoming out, but i hated how it changed the travel of the key, so i got rid of them. it's been so long, i can't remember to compare the feel of the soft landing pads to the o-rings, but they shorten the travel in exactly the same way. i don't like soft landing pads either

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Elite Keyboards Soft Landing Pads Vs. O-Rings ?
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 18:47:36 »
I like soft landing pads for MX blue (and probably, by extension, green) only.

All others I like O-rings, and I wish that O-rings were available for all types of switches.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"