Author Topic: Hurro There GH  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Jaype

Hurro There GH
« on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 21:38:09 »
Hi there GH-ers.

I used to browse here often - now I discover my post count is down to 1... or did I ever post here? I've been gone a while. Memory fades. I'm too old for this ****.

Anyway - I'm definitely a keyboarder. I have a UK layout Topre RealForce (got to have that gigantic enter key), Leopold TKL and Pok3r... all with different keycaps and that dangerous hunger is still there. So much appears to have happened in the last few years with Massdrop etc. and I'm late to the game! All this fun expensive candy now available!  :-X

I have an itch for something like the MiniVan (with those yummy LightCycle caps) but with an IBM style pointing stick. Oh, and bluetooth. Am I the only one who uses the old IBM nipple pointer?

This would definitely be awesome to take around with my tablet PC for Blender / PS shortcuts ... hmmm nipples.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Hurro There GH
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 22:55:00 »
hmmm nipples.

I agree about them nipples.

Welcome aboard.  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hurro There GH
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 05:43:15 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Yikes!  Someone else who joined before me!

A lot of content was lost when r00tw0rm hit, maybe some posts.  Or maybe you really didn't post - it was more than four years ago!

Back then there wasn't a lot of choice, but now it seems that everyone is making keyboards and keycaps.  More variety, but far too many nice things to want to buy.

There's a few IBM affectionados around here, although some of them seem to have been a bit quiet lately.  There is still a lot of love for Model M and Model F.  In fact there is a Model F revival project, where someone designed and built a brand new Model F keyboard from scratch!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ