Author Topic: [IC] GMK Greek Olivetti (Update #4 2018.07.17) GB soon  (Read 23827 times)

Offline hansichen

Re: [IC] GMK Greek Olivetti (Update #2 2018.05.09)
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 12:21:54 »
Which sets did include that key? A lot of sets have this key as a R1 key in modifier color but I can't recall seeing it as a R3 key.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 14:13:24 »
I respectfully suggest to include the R3 acute accent and tilde key to support the XT layout. Considering the vintage nature of the set it fits well.

Show Image

Show Image

due to your ****ty layout choices now I have a keyset with a ****ing double keycap

Offline kekstee

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 16:39:47 »
I love that you intend to revive the Greek Olivetti set with the fixed W-key sublegend and icon mods.
The one thing that would really make this amazing would be true Olivetti blue instead of V4. But who knows what can be done in terms of MOQ and colour matching work to make this reality.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 19:24:48 »
Which sets did include that key? A lot of sets have this key as a R1 key in modifier color but I can't recall seeing it as a R3 key.

Sorry for the late answer. I was out with wify celebrating Mothers' day, which is the ten of may in the Country I live in now. Upcoming Vala's GMK Electric and Kekkon's GMK Dolch that is already fulfilled come with it.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 19:30:48 »
I respectfully suggest to include the R3 acute accent and tilde key to support the XT layout. Considering the vintage nature of the set it fits well.

Show Image

Show Image

due to your ****ty layout choices now I have a keyset with a ****ing double keycap

I'll be very happy to buy it from you, if you do not want it. For less than a dollar I think it may be of very little harm to a full set, but I understand where your comment comes from. We are always bothered by keys we really do not have a use for in GMK sets. In my case, being a sixty user I do not use the central nine block, the number pad, neither the function keys. But I am happy I can support full sets manufacturing that may not be available at all, if we do not contribute to them. After all, we are a community of enthusiasts, we are  not simple commodity buyers.

Offline hansichen

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 12:04:36 »
I love that you intend to revive the Greek Olivetti set with the fixed W-key sublegend and icon mods.
The one thing that would really make this amazing would be true Olivetti blue instead of V4. But who knows what can be done in terms of MOQ and colour matching work to make this reality.

Thanks for your feedback. True Olivetti colors would be a nice thing but as you already mentioned this would raise the moq which could harm this set.

Sorry for the late answer. I was out with wify celebrating Mothers' day, which is the ten of may in the Country I live in now. Upcoming Vala's GMK Electric and Kekkon's GMK Dolch that is already fulfilled come with it.
Show Image

Show Image

It's only a hobby, you don't have to feel obliged to send an immediate reply ;) Interesting that some countries have Mothers' day, in my country it's the day of men  ;D
Thanks for sharing these examples, it's an interesting idea to go with this key and I'll keep it in mind. But as the usage is probably rather low chances are small that I'll include it in the end, sorry :(

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 14:37:02 »

Thanks for your feedback. True Olivetti colors would be a nice thing but as you already mentioned this would raise the moq which could harm this set.

Show Image

Show Image

It's only a hobby, you don't have to feel obliged to send an immediate reply ;) Interesting that some countries have Mothers' day, in my country it's the day of men  ;D
Thanks for sharing these examples, it's an interesting idea to go with this key and I'll keep it in mind. But as the usage is probably rather low chances are small that I'll include it in the end, sorry :(

Everything is fine. You should not be sorry, as you stated, it is only a hobby.  ;)

Offline hansichen

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 14:49:25 »
Short update: the 1.5u diamond keys will probably be replaced by super keys to keep the price down. As these keys are only used on hhkb builds it shouldn't be a problem to mix diamond and super in a set. I'll submit these changes to GMK soon and then we'll have the final set render, if there are any important changes now it's the time to adjust them.

The current layout and other changes can be seen in this post: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94733.msg2606060#msg2606060

Also I'm working together with a vendor to make this set happen, stay tuned for future updates :)

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 02:10:21 »

Show Image

Show Image

I'll be very happy to buy it from you, if you do not want it. For less than a dollar I think it may be of very little harm to a full set, but I understand where your comment comes from. We are always bothered by keys we really do not have a use for in GMK sets. In my case, being a sixty user I do not use the central nine block, the number pad, neither the function keys. But I am happy I can support full sets manufacturing that may not be available at all, if we do not contribute to them. After all, we are a community of enthusiasts, we are  not simple commodity buyers.

It's not that I'm simply "bothered" by it, it's on my keyboard I have two identical keycaps, due to your choices. You can't buy it. You'd need to send me a <> in white on black on the "z" row.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 07:34:08 »

Show Image

Show Image

It's not that I'm simply "bothered" by it, it's on my keyboard I have two identical keycaps, due to your choices. You can't buy it. You'd need to send me a <> in white on black on the "z" row.

No group buy for a white on black set has taken any input from me, I do not know what are you talking about. However, I may have one key that fits your needs, let me check my stock and if I have one and you are willing to pay the shipping cost is yours.

Offline avid

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 17 May 2018, 12:47:08 »
Is there any ETA on when this will run? Really like this set.

Offline hansichen

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 04:20:20 »
I finally recieved updated renders which I want to share  :D

Base kit:

Space bar kit:

The kit design is finished now. I hope that I can give some more infos about when this gb will go live soon. I hope that we manage to run this gb this summer  ;D

Offline hansichen

Re: [IC] GMK Greek Olivetti (Update #3 2018.07.02)
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 13:50:07 »
Short update: the gb will start shortly (probably this week if nothing goes wrong). EU store will be candykeys, proxys tba. GB will be open for a month so that everybody has a chance to join even when he's in summer vacation right now :)

More details soon  :D

Offline RSC

Re: [IC] GMK Greek Olivetti (Update #4 2018.07.17) GB soon
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 14:05:47 »
Looks amazing! Also, it's very good to see you are giving basic ISO UK support in the base kit.

Offline catamscott

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 15:53:42 »
oof, got this, metaverse, and space cadet on my radar with the funds to maybe get two. this is looking super good though, probably too good to pass up

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 16:18:43 »

Base kit:

Show Image

Space bar kit:

Show Image

The kit design is finished now. I hope that I can give some more infos about when this gb will go live soon. I hope that we manage to run this gb this summer  ;D

Two comments:

Molds for 2.25 and 2.75 units space bars are in the making. You may explore if the Greek's space bars may use them. Also, I strongly encourage you to consider a Northy kit. This set is so classic that it deserves to be fully covered.

Offline hansichen

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 17:21:36 »

Base kit:

Show Image

Space bar kit:

Show Image

Two comments:

Molds for 2.25 and 2.75 units space bars are in the making. You may explore if the Greek's space bars may use them. Also, I strongly encourage you to consider a Northy kit. This set is so classic that it deserves to be fully covered.

As far as I know these molds are not available for GMK space cadet which runs this summer, they'll only be available with GMK Cabron which runs at some time in fall. Therefore this set is too early for the new space bar keys :(

A norde kit won't happen with me, we already had several tries to his moq on those and it never worked out. We'll keep the profit margin on this set very small so there is no room to buy up the moq. Maybe there is hope for a norde kit if there'll be a rerun of GMK blue alert on originative.

Offline hansichen

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 17:24:39 »
oof, got this, metaverse, and space cadet on my radar with the funds to maybe get two. this is looking super good though, probably too good to pass up

Haha yeah, I know the issue, there are a lot of group buys currently. I personally think this one is unique and special cause greek legends are not widely used so far. Japanese legends have been part of many sets (laser and especially serika) and Space Cadet will run as red cadet in 2019 (which is imo way nicer than the blue  ;D). I'm personally really looking forward to some new sublegends on the market and I hope that we can succeed with this group buy  :)

Offline LeoShi

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 18:19:01 »
definitely in  ;)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 18:30:21 »

Base kit:

Show Image

Space bar kit:

Show Image

Two comments:

As far as I know these molds are not available for GMK space cadet which runs this summer, they'll only be available with GMK Cabron which runs at some time in fall. Therefore this set is too early for the new space bar keys :(

A norde kit won't happen with me, we already had several tries to his moq on those and it never worked out. We'll keep the profit margin on this set very small so there is no room to buy up the moq. Maybe there is hope for a norde kit if there'll be a rerun of GMK blue alert on originative.

[/size]Alright, it seems that we will have no R4C for this set then.[size=78%]

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 18 July 2018, 06:52:50 »

and Space Cadet will run as red cadet in 2019 (which is imo way nicer than the blue  ;D).

Wait, red cadet is confirmed going to happen?

Also oof, this is going to start soon but Metaverse just killed my wallet. What to do  :-\

Offline hansichen

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 18 July 2018, 08:02:50 »

and Space Cadet will run as red cadet in 2019 (which is imo way nicer than the blue  ;D).

Also oof, this is going to start soon but Metaverse just killed my wallet. What to do  :-\

I hope it'll happen: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94003.msg2637583#msg2637583
That makes it easier for me to pass Space Cadet, the blue is not really my taste so the red version will be way better for me  ;D

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 18 July 2018, 08:26:28 »

I hope it'll happen: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94003.msg2637583#msg2637583
That makes it easier for me to pass Space Cadet, the blue is not really my taste so the red version will be way better for me  ;D
:eek: :eek:Hope that's not just a prank lol

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 18:15:51 »
Any news?

Offline hansichen

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 02:51:35 »
I'm sorry for the silence. Communication with proxy stores was rather slow and there are few more details to discuss. Sorry for the delays but expect an update soon

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 04 August 2018, 16:51:00 »
I'm sorry for the silence. Communication with proxy stores was rather slow and there are few more details to discuss. Sorry for the delays but expect an update soon

Don't dare to remain silent that long again.  :))

Offline hansichen

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 05 August 2018, 11:55:16 »

:blank:

Hopefully I have all final details soon

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 05 August 2018, 16:16:33 »

:blank:

Hopefully I have all final details soon

Your design rocks. Jokes aside. Take all the time you need to get this to the GB stage. It is a uniqute set that real KB collectors cannot let it to pass.

Offline hansichen

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 15:28:44 »
Group buy will go live on Friday. EU vendor is candykeys and US vendor novelkeys and zfrontier will be China proxy  ;D  Final details like pricing etc will be released when the gb goes live.

Offline catamscott

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 16:16:05 »
Group buy will go live on Friday. EU vendor is candykeys and US vendor novelkeys and zfrontier will be China proxy  ;D  Final details like pricing etc will be released when the gb goes live.

nice! super excited for this  :thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 08 August 2018, 21:46:52 »

:thumb:

Offline LeoShi

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 01:11:58 »
 :)) Ready for this

Offline DJSwayde

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 15 August 2018, 14:52:04 »
Despite having the original set, I'm tempted to get this one as well for the extra modifiers...
Mains: Bakers CL64 (silver)   |   CannonKeys Bakeneko60 (black)   |   Carolina Mech Palmetto (black)   |   LSJ Ares (silver)   |   LZ CLS h (silver)   |   Monokei Kei R1 (standard red, HHKB)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 1 (PD-KB300BN)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (PD-KB400B)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (PD-KB400WS)   |   SINGAKBD x TGR Unikorn R1 (black)   |   Weaston GSKT-00 R1 (gray [re-anodized silver, HHKB])   |   Weaston GSKT-00-Z (silver, AEK HHKB)

Alps: Apple Extended Keyboard II (M3501, Taiwanese)   |   Apple Standard Keyboard (M0116, US)   |   Dell AT101 (GYI3PVAT101, US)    |   IBM Multistation 5556-001 (Chinese)   |   IBM P70 (ANSI-US, 06-89)   |   MET Micro Officer 6000 (R315-00)   |   SGI AT-101 "Beige"   |   Zenith Data Systems TurbosPORT 386
Cherry: G80-3000LPCXY-2 #1   |   G80-3000LPCXY-2 #2   |   G80-3485LWNUS #1 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G80-3485LWNUS #2 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G81-1281SAW (Zenith Data Systems)   |   G81-3000SAT   |   G81-3090SAQ (Schneider)   |   G81-3100SEBUS
Topre: PFU Limited HHKB Blank (charcoal [PD-KB300BN])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (charcoal [PD-KB400B])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (gray [PD-KB400WS])   |   Realforce 91UDK-G (NG02B0)   |   Realforce 103UB (SE42B0)   |   Realforce Taiwanese kit (dark gray)   |   Sony BKE-9400A   |   Sony MKS-8050

Collection

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 15 August 2018, 14:57:33 »
Plate, PCB, case, switches are all important in a KB. Yet, the only thing you actually see at and type on are the keycaps. Nothing is more elegant than OG Beige and its gorgeous variations like Greek Olivetti. Consider yourself warned.

Offline DJSwayde

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 15 August 2018, 15:06:28 »
Crap pic, here is what the OG set looks like on a Duck Eagle V1:

Mains: Bakers CL64 (silver)   |   CannonKeys Bakeneko60 (black)   |   Carolina Mech Palmetto (black)   |   LSJ Ares (silver)   |   LZ CLS h (silver)   |   Monokei Kei R1 (standard red, HHKB)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 1 (PD-KB300BN)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (PD-KB400B)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (PD-KB400WS)   |   SINGAKBD x TGR Unikorn R1 (black)   |   Weaston GSKT-00 R1 (gray [re-anodized silver, HHKB])   |   Weaston GSKT-00-Z (silver, AEK HHKB)

Alps: Apple Extended Keyboard II (M3501, Taiwanese)   |   Apple Standard Keyboard (M0116, US)   |   Dell AT101 (GYI3PVAT101, US)    |   IBM Multistation 5556-001 (Chinese)   |   IBM P70 (ANSI-US, 06-89)   |   MET Micro Officer 6000 (R315-00)   |   SGI AT-101 "Beige"   |   Zenith Data Systems TurbosPORT 386
Cherry: G80-3000LPCXY-2 #1   |   G80-3000LPCXY-2 #2   |   G80-3485LWNUS #1 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G80-3485LWNUS #2 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G81-1281SAW (Zenith Data Systems)   |   G81-3000SAT   |   G81-3090SAQ (Schneider)   |   G81-3100SEBUS
Topre: PFU Limited HHKB Blank (charcoal [PD-KB300BN])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (charcoal [PD-KB400B])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (gray [PD-KB400WS])   |   Realforce 91UDK-G (NG02B0)   |   Realforce 103UB (SE42B0)   |   Realforce Taiwanese kit (dark gray)   |   Sony BKE-9400A   |   Sony MKS-8050

Collection

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 15 August 2018, 15:07:39 »
Crap pic, here is what the OG set looks like on a Duck Eagle V1:

Show Image

It is only me, or it is yellowed.

Offline DJSwayde

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 15 August 2018, 16:47:27 »
It's yellowed a bit, yeah. :(

The picture makes it much worse than it actually is, imo. My room has a very yellow light.

Collection

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 15 August 2018, 16:55:03 »

The picture makes it much worse than it actually is, imo. My room has a very yellow light.

The kit looks great though. Yet, a retrobrithing could make them to look awesome.

It appears that the IC's legend color is a bit off the original, that seems to be darker, right?

Offline DJSwayde

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 15 August 2018, 17:11:18 »

The kit looks great though. Yet, a retrobrithing could make them to look awesome.

It appears that the IC's legend color is a bit off the original, that seems to be darker, right?
Thank you. And yes, that seems to be the case. The legends in the pics for the GB seem to be more traditional blue, while the set I have has legends that are more of a navy.

Collection

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 15 August 2018, 17:12:58 »

Thank you. And yes, that seems to be the case. The legends in the pics for the GB seem to be more traditional blue, while the set I have has legends that are more of a navy.

I'd encourage the OP to consider making the legends closer to the original and darker.

Offline brooklynlou

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 14:48:30 »
Agree with the prior posts on it needing to be more navy than blue

When is the GBslated to start?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 17 August 2018, 13:48:56 »
Who will be the US/NA vendors?

Offline hansichen

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 17 August 2018, 15:12:49 »
Who will be the US/NA vendors?

Novelkeys will be the US vendor.
The gb is already live on candykeys ( https://www.candykeys.com/product/gb-gmk-greek-olivetti/ ) and zfrontier ( https://en.zfrontier.com/products/gmk-olivetti ). It should go live on novelkeys soon but this is out of my hands right now. Once it's live on novelkeys I'll submit the gb thread and close this one.

I'd encourage the OP to consider making the legends closer to the original and darker.

You are right, the original set has darker legends which won't be part of this group buy. The colour scheme used in this set is known as the gmk olivetti colours afaik. I only realised the colour difference when we already had gmk quotes. Using a non-standard colour would raise the moq to 250 and I'm not sure if this group buy is able to hit that moq. Also I personally don't have an OG Olivetti set so it's rather difficult to get everything right. I hope you can understand the decision. I'm sure that we'll end up with a very nice keyset. :)

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 11:10:40 »
I was literally just informed that I was asked to be the proxy yesterday (August 19th). Sorry about the delay! We are now live on my site though.

https://novelkeys.xyz/collections/group-buys/products/gmk-greek-olivetti-gb

Offline hansichen

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 14:54:42 »
Oh, I'm sorry for the misscommunication :( Thanks for your work  :)

GB thread is submitted and should be visable soon here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=97079.0
This topic will be locked for now, please use the gb threads.