Author Topic: [IC] SA Espresso - GB is live! Ending May 14th  (Read 75297 times)

Offline Jennisaurus

Re: [IC] SA Espresso - Novelties | Vendors | Updated Kits - Update 3 (9/16)
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 22:18:47 »
I love the gradient! It reflects a shot of espresso perfectly :) I'm not a huge fan of SA profiles, but I'm very tempted to get this cause of the colours/novs. GLWIC!

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #151 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 22:27:09 »
My bad I guess, you do you. Body dismorphia come in all forms..
There is no place for this kind of backhanded talk here, or frankly anywhere else. Keep the discussion to the keycaps.

Offline JPoc

Hey all! Here is the new update.

As mentioned in the post, the GB will be from April 13th to May 14th and you can find pricing, collabs with THOK and RocketCables and the colors for the set, as well as a couple new renders.

It's really awesome to finally move forward with the set. I hope you're as excited as I am.

Offline Extra-Cwispy

my caffeine addiction says to pick this one up :D glwgb!

Offline JPoc

my caffeine addiction says to pick this one up :D glwgb!

Thanks! glad you like it  ^-^

Offline Langelandia

This is good and should be purchased by many. GLWGB <3

Offline Sumthingasian

I'm in for at least two sets to cover a Polycarb TKL and a 40. I've been so excited for this! Thanks for finally getting around to making the buy happen  :thumb:

Offline JPoc

This is good and should be purchased by many. GLWGB <3

Thanks!

I'm in for at least two sets to cover a Polycarb TKL and a 40. I've been so excited for this! Thanks for finally getting around to making the buy happen  :thumb:

Glad to hear that! Thank you for the support

Offline diggergig

You know, this would go perfectly with the upcoming RAMA Thermal Soya case.

Offline WaynaPawiasek

There is no ISO Enter in the NorDe kit?
 Support for a German Layout costs almost 200 USD this way?! I'd have to purchase ISO and  NorDe Kit!!

Offline Bubblegum

Support for a German Layout costs almost 200 USD this way?! I'd have to purchase ISO and  NorDe Kit!!

Was also hoping to have ISO Enter and 1.25u Shift added to the NorDe kit. Brought up on the IC first page and it was taken into consideration without any changes. So I doubt it will change, but it's indeed $37 for 2 Keys.

In either way. Love this set and am super happy that we get a NorDe kit at all!

Offline JPoc

Was also hoping to have ISO Enter and 1.25u Shift added to the NorDe kit. Brought up on the IC first page and it was taken into consideration without any changes. So I doubt it will change, but it's indeed $37 for 2 Keys.

I'll look into this. I see now that you did bring it up previously, but with all the kitting changes it must've slipped my mind.

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
Hey all! Here is the new update.

As mentioned in the post, the GB will be from April 13th to May 14th and you can find pricing, collabs with THOK and RocketCables and the colors for the set, as well as a couple new renders.

It's really awesome to finally move forward with the set. I hope you're as excited as I am.

Show Image

How the hell did I miss this?? Excited for May  :cool:

Offline iinko_mk

holy **** looks amazing
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110839.0][img width=300 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GKL0Jxi.png[/img][/url]

Offline Bubblegum

I'll look into this. I see now that you did bring it up previously, but with all the kitting changes it must've slipped my mind.

Great news, hoping it's a possible change!

Offline WaynaPawiasek

that would be great indeed,  iwould definitly cop this set if this change went through!

Offline JPoc

After considering feedback and a couple of options, I decided to improve NorDe support by adding 1.25u shift, ISO enter and R1 2". This rises the price $8 but it's cheaper in total due to not needing the ISO kit.
I also removed AltGr keys from ISO kit to lower the price and help it hit MOQ.

ISO: From $36.99 to $24.99
NorDe: From $29.99 to $37.99

Hope you like these changes!

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Hopefully that will suit both UK ISO and NorDe users.  I like the change and will be buying all kits so well done.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline lush_bunny

Hello Mr. Espresso man, I am interested in buying but I have a few questions:

• That artisan cap is gorgeous! I don't see any pricing for it though, so I hope it's still in the works and it's just priced separately.
  • Will you consider adding a centered 6u centered stem spacebar in the spacebar kit? I'm kind of used now with a symmetrical bottom row with 6u centered with most of my boards now. This is accommodated by the two 3u's in the kit, but I'd appreciate the 6u centered option.
  • I've never purchased sets manufactured by SP before, is a 12 month fulfillment normal for them?
  • How flat are SA spacebars? For the board I'm putting this in, I need three 2u horizontal caps, but because the set only uses one mod color, I see only two. So I might just make use of the 2u spacebar in the spacebar kit.

That's all, I'm really looking forward to May  :thumb:

Offline WaynaPawiasek

great chanegs, i will buy this! thankl you!

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
The Artisan cap is just perfect for this set, very well done.  Do you think you could add prototypist as the UK vendor for this set?
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline JPoc

Hello Mr. Espresso man, I am interested in buying but I have a few questions:

• That artisan cap is gorgeous! I don't see any pricing for it though, so I hope it's still in the works and it's just priced separately.
  • Will you consider adding a centered 6u centered stem spacebar in the spacebar kit? I'm kind of used now with a symmetrical bottom row with 6u centered with most of my boards now. This is accommodated by the two 3u's in the kit, but I'd appreciate the 6u centered option.
  • I've never purchased sets manufactured by SP before, is a 12 month fulfillment normal for them?
  • How flat are SA spacebars? For the board I'm putting this in, I need three 2u horizontal caps, but because the set only uses one mod color, I see only two. So I might just make use of the 2u spacebar in the spacebar kit.

That's all, I'm really looking forward to May  :thumb:

1. Glad you like it! Yeah I will be adding pricing soon.
2. I probably won't be doing any more kitting changes, considering we are pretty close to GB. Hope that's not a big issue for you.
3. I don't know if 12 months if usual for them but I've been told it's because their current project volume.
4. You can refer to SA R3 to get an idea of how flat the smaller spacebars are.

The Artisan cap is just perfect for this set, very well done.  Do you think you could add prototypist as the UK vendor for this set?

Thanks! for the moment we will only be running with MyKeyboard

Offline lush_bunny

Naw, not an issue at all. Still on, still excited.

Offline Bubblegum

Love the NorDe kit changes!

Offline BullRage

Notifier is set!

Offline Havattack

I love SA kits so much- Best form.
-The modifiers and alphas are always separate.
-And i don't have give a shady company GMK my $$$

Offline BullRage

Why is GMK shady?
I'm new to this, so it would be kind, if you could explain  it to me.
I'm not really into their sets as well.
Thank you!

Offline justinhigley

I figure it's too late now but it's a bummer that this won't use SP's new convex SA molds for the spacebars kit.

Love pretty much everything else about this kit.

Offline Havattack

Why is GMK shady?
I'm new to this, so it would be kind, if you could explain  it to me.
I'm not really into their sets as well.
Thank you!
Other then playing favorites, and allowing certain sets to jump ahead in the queue, they have most recently, stopped a perfectly legitimate set, for seemingly no valid reason, and then refuse to explain why. (possibly on the behalf of someone they play favorites with, or just do to ineptitude.) You can look at the GMK retowave ic thread (beginning in the middle of page 4) here to read more into it.

Offline Xury46

This really is a gorgeous set, imagine a custom ironwood board with these!

Offline Frayne

• For deskmat inquiries: illu_zn
Love this set so much!! Couple questions though, are these caps abs or pbt? Gloss or semi matte? (looks like semi from the render, but never hurts to ask) And how thick?
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 March 2021, 01:53:54 by Frayne »

Offline Emolokz

We going to GB stage, I AM EXCITE.  So happy this set is happening!

Offline JPoc

Love this set so much!! Couple questions though, are these caps abs or pbt? Gloss or semi matte? (looks like semi from the render, but never hurts to ask) And how thick?

They are ABS double-shot and yes, semi-matte. If you're wondering about exact thickness, this is SP's description: "The side wall at the bottom skirt of the keycap is around 0.060 inches thick. When doubleshot molded, the side wall higher into the key is roughly 0.105 inches thick."

Glad you like the set!

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
+1. what is happening on Retrowave is inexcusable.

and this set looks fantastic, probably the most beautiful I've seen and I'm not exaggerating. born and raised in the Espresso country of origin, I just need to have this set. I'll be in on the GB on day one.

Offline butcherq

I really like this set! It look like it is going to be my very first group buy. :)

I have a question though. Are THOK x SA Espresso keycaps a limited run? In other words, will anyone be able to get the keycap during the group buy, or should I order it ASAP as the supply might dry up?

Offline Jo_hannes

• You can never learn less. You can only learn more.
I have a question though. Are THOK x SA Espresso keycaps a limited run? In other words, will anyone be able to get the keycap during the group buy, or should I order it ASAP as the supply might dry up?

Nope, these are usually available for as long as the GB is open. So no rush. :) /Johannes

Offline JPoc

I really like this set! It look like it is going to be my very first group buy. :)

Glad to hear that! What Johannes said is correct, will be available during GB.

Offline scoopbb

Love the colors, id prolly buy ergo kit if it had more support than ergodox.

I can't figure out the mod color GH VB NM. Any reason for this? Would have been nice to have R4 1u blanks (2) for more support than just ergodox.

Offline lush_bunny

Glad to hear that! What Johannes said is correct, will be available during GB.

• Will the pretty metal cap orders be unlimited? I ask because I plan to order on May.
  • Can you bundle it with the rest of the set upon purchase? I ask because I remember this really cool novelty for Sanctuary Rebirth that was only available when you purchase from TKC (I purchased from zFrontier)

Thanks, looking forward to the group buy.

Offline JPoc

I can't figure out the mod color GH VB NM. Any reason for this? Would have been nice to have R4 1u blanks (2) for more support than just ergodox.

Those keycaps are just a little extra I thought looked nice, an accent to swap with the alphas if you like the look

Offline JPoc

• Will the pretty metal cap orders be unlimited? I ask because I plan to order on May.
    • Can you bundle it with the rest of the set upon purchase? I ask because I remember this really cool novelty for Sanctuary Rebirth that was only available when you purchase from TKC (I purchased from zFrontier)

Thanks, looking forward to the group buy.

Yes, THOK keycap orders are unlimited during the GB period and you will be able to get it together with the rest of your purchase.

Offline ChaosAirlines

I'm so so so excited to be so close the the group buy for this set!! I can't wait!

Offline Skeil

• I drink art and draw coffee
    As a coffee freak, I like. gl!

Offline ttttug

Wow, completely forgot I had this thread bookmarked.
    Very happy I chose today to check up on them, see you at GB!

n_

Offline JPoc

As a coffee freak, I like. gl!

Thanks!

Wow, completely forgot I had this thread bookmarked.
    Very happy I chose today to check up on them, see you at GB!

n_

See you then!

I'm so so so excited to be so close the the group buy for this set!! I can't wait!

I'm beyond excited myself ^-^

Offline bdju

I wish it were DSA or had a Colevrak kit. Looks good.
    libre lad

Offline JPoc

Re: [IC] SA Espresso - GB is live! Ending May 14th
    « Reply #196 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 07:44:52 »
    Hey everyone, SA Espresso is finally live!

GB Thread

Most vendors are up, will be updating the rest during the day.

Offline Timber Mech

« Reply #197 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 05:06:46 »
    Looks fantastic. I'm a cherry profile kinda guy though, so not a sure buy for me just yet.

Offline olivierpons

• Ergofip, a failed kickstart, but I'm still a keyboard enthusiast
    « Reply #198 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 05:15:36 »
    Hi!

The alphas kit has a nice color gradient, and the R3 keys have this nice "light" maroon color.
    And why doesnt the Ortho/40s kit have the same color gradient? The R3 keys have this nice "light" maroon color but very "dark" color, so they look nice in the R3 position on the keyboard... am I missing something?
    Keyboard enthusiast.

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
    « Reply #199 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 17:58:00 »
    Wonder if this set can be produced in other profile in the future, I just can't type with SA profile...

I definitely plan to if everything goes well and there's interest

This would be an insta-buy in GMK. Love the colors - fantastic job!