Author Topic: [Help] QMK keyboard instability problems  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Toodles

[Help] QMK keyboard instability problems
« on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 15:45:59 »
Hi! I've having a problem with most of the keyboards I build, I'm fairly new but have 4 keyboards under my belt, and of the ones using custom QMK keymaps,(ones that don't have a firmware flashed to the board already) have problems. Problems include: not being useable when PC is powered on until unplugged and plugged back in, keymap imploding and all keys registering as one key(volume + or - weirdly), and full on dying, to where nothing on the keyboard works, to the point that I had to drill a hole in the back of my case for easy access to the reset button for re-flashing. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a problem other people have? My personal keyboard seems to have "settled" where I had these problems almost every day, but they eventually became more infrequent, and eventually went away completely, but my girlfriend's keyboard seems to have all 3 of the problems on a semi-regular basis, and a re-flash is required in most cases. Any answers to what this instability could be would be much appreciated, as some of my keyboards are gifts to people who don't know how to flash keyboards and likely don't want to have to that all the time.

The PCBs are DZ60RGB v2 for both, using a custom keymap configured on the qmk configurator site and flashed using qmk toolbox.

Any ideas are helpful! Thank you.