Author Topic: Novatouch with hypersphere rings  (Read 3829 times)

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
Novatouch with hypersphere rings
« on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 16:00:27 »
Got a tip from Khers, that the novatouch should have hypersphere rings, so i ordered some and:

Its, its AMAZEBALLS

What have i been doing these two years. This is crazy

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
Re: Novatouch with hypersphere rings
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 16:16:23 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:46:11 by Khers »

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 18:06:37 »
Vs real force?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 18:37:08 »
Hi Henz, Glad to hear it! Thanks!

Of course, I agree. My NT with Silencing Rings along with synthetic oil lube on the switch guide rails and synthetic grease on the stabilizers now sounds and feels on par with my comparably equipped RF87u boards (45 and 55g).

For an even more amazing experience, put some SA profile caps on your NT. I have the SA Carbon set on mine and it is exquisite.

Offline quasistellar

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 19:48:03 »

Of course, I agree. My NT with Silencing Rings along with synthetic oil lube on the switch guide rails and synthetic grease on the stabilizers now sounds and feels on par with my comparably equipped RF87u boards (45 and 55g).

For an even more amazing experience, put some SA profile caps on your NT. I have the SA Carbon set on mine and it is exquisite.

I have modern selectric on mine and it's divine. Unfortunately mine has ironed landing pads instead of your rings, so there's a slight inconsistency in a couple of the switches.  One day I'll get some and upgrade, but I've been on an alps kick lately.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 00:35:26 »
Vs real force?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have a Realforce 55g as well, but i must say that i like the NT more now with the rings.

Ive done SA before. Not a fan :( Althoug SA looks so good. What im waiting for now is a aluminum case from norbauer

Offline chigro

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 11:27:39 »
Heh.... I have been using the amazing hypersphere rings with SA keycaps for awhile now, but was reading about your love for OEM profile PBT keys on the novatouch.  So now I am waiting on an order of PBT caps to arrive to see how that feels :)

My only complaint with SA caps is its inherent "wobbly" nature due to its extra height. It isn't too bad, but it is immediately noticeable the first time you put them on a novatouch.

Offline zephyr11

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 07:54:08 »
this is the one that requires disassembly to fit it in right?