Author Topic: GAF  (Read 1554406 times)

Offline Elth

• Easy now fuzzy little man peach
Re: GAF - Welcome Home Giveaway
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:48:44 »
Most memorable moment with KK was winning a Soyuz Kosmo back in Feb '16 after shortly getting into artisans.

First impression of GAF when Grimace came out was how abstract and different the sculpt was from Meowcaps/Furts and how the level of detail just stood out.
TGR Jane V2 | TGR 910 | TGR Jane CE

Offline Autorefresh

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:49:00 »
First GAF keycap I saw was a Trash Panda and I couldn't believe how cute it was :3 I'm also really happy that GAF does my favorite colourway (green/purple evangelion unit 01)!

Offline phearboner

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:49:38 »
Never owned one of your artisans, but the fvccbois look amazing from the images I've seen.

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:49:52 »
Most memorable moment related to KK was likely my Kosmo v2 win. X15 had been on my want list for a long time, and to be able to win the v2 straight from the artist was a bit of a dream come true.

Pretty underwhelming story, admittedly. I was very happy when I got the invoice back then, though!

There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline Taeha Types

• Subscribe to me :D
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:50:32 »
Joined the artisan scene a bit late so havent won a GAF or KK keycap (yet hehe) but my first impression of purchasing a Typebeast is the reason I am falling down this rabbit hole of a hobby!

Kb-artisans had a mega raffle event not too long ago, and user godlikekitten was raffling off a Nauti-bits Typebeast. I had happened to PM him a week before regarding a possible trade/purchase for it, which to my dismay was not possible :(

By the grace of Korean RNGesus I managed to win his raffle!
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:56:31 by Taeha Types »

Offline Cloudz

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:51:38 »
First impression on GAF were just loving the details put into them and the cw's on them. Came into the hobby heavily around the time of Garbos. I have since been able to hold a few TB's at a meet and just admire the work in them. Trash Panda has been my favorite sculpt ever since the first one I saw :)

Offline Colourr

• no worries
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:52:39 »
I have yet to meet you guys or own any of your sculpts personally but my first impressions were an amazing attention to detail and prominent artistic talent.
Something you've said that I will always remember is "Take care of your teeth".

I wish I had more to say, hopefully I will get to meet you guys at a meetup in the future!  :thumb:

Offline mdlt97

• This **** is still better than Keebtalk
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:53:19 »
When I finally got my first GAF (Terry folds TB) and saw it in person, finally understood the hype with how detailed it was
TX60 | Duck TC-V3 | Duck Eagle V2 1/1 Bottom | Zephyr r2 | Duck Sidewinder | Mech27v2 | TX75 | LZ CLS | Duck Viper v2 | Orion v3 | HHKB pro 1 | TGR 910 | Omega60

Offline mousetrap00

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:53:53 »
GAF is the one of the first that made the small details on the keps noticeable. Would loved to own one but rng has never been on my side. Fingers crossed this time :))

Offline bmo711xd

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:53:55 »
When I first saw GAF artisans, I was immediately mesmerizing by the creativity and detail. Your time and dedication demonstrated on your IG video show how much effort goes into these caps. I have been browsing your instagram for a while and have found the grimace to be my favorite. Keep up the good work guys!

Offline Mousy

• I <3 tootall
    • IG
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:54:24 »
Most memorable thing for me is my very first raffle win after joining the hobby which was the Meownochrome Garbo-Puss back in December of 2017. I spent the rest of the evening bouncing off the walls like a 5 year old on a cocktail of Redbull, Aderol and Meth. It is still in my collection over a year later and is one of my all time favourite artisans I have ever had the pleasure of owning.

Close second would be actually meeting you in Seattle last summer I really hope I didnt fan boy too much xD The entire trip was absolutely amazing for me and the best decision I made in 2018 flying out from the UK to meet everyone and something I plan on repeating! Thanks for making such amazing memories for me!

« Last Edit: Mon, 07 January 2019, 00:56:22 by Mousy »
- White Kira 60 | Black Kira 60 | TGR Jane v2? -

Offline gasp

• Formerly 'boop' (NTBCW Booper)
    • none
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:54:35 »
When I first joined this hobby I was terrified. I just liked the pretty plastic, but everything and everyone was so unfamiliar and fast paced. I had no idea what I was doing or who people were, I just thought the caps were cool. I came in after y'all stopped making caps under KK, but I loved literally all of them. So I hopped into kb-artisans and started asking for advice. The people who collect KeyKollectiv **** are some of the most ridiculously nice people in this hobby--they are the reason I didn't run away scared after that. They took me under their wing and kinda taught me what was what, patiently explained the ins and outs of the hobby and just were incredibly generous with their time and patience with me. They are the reason I'm here today, so what better memory to share? Thanks for making beautiful caps that attract wonderful, wonderful people.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline glack23

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:54:49 »
First memorable experience was waking up to a invoice for gaffle when I finally got the cap. I was blown away by the details

However what got me truly drawn into this hobby(rabbit hole) was when my fren intro kk to me.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:54:54 »
When my friends helped me get my grail grimace

Offline dalsu

• hi
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:56:08 »
My most memorable moment was when I saw that pic of you toothless and thought youd look like a SoundCloud rapper who loves lean moreso if you had face tats.

I also like your caps buddy also hoping you feel more refreshed now

Offline Puss

• Formerly 0GBobbyJohnson
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:56:42 »
Winning my first GAF stuff and getting floored on the extras I got!

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:57:11 »
Welcome back to GH. For me it was winning a grimmace v1 via instagram raffle. At that time, I felt like there weren’t that many new artisan releases that were more in the grundgey or grimey aesthetic. Seemed to be mostly cute stuff (mid 2017). It was refreshing to see a new brand dedicated more to this style, along with a debut sculpt that pushed the boundaries for artisans, and I think has inspired a new wave of makers. Thanks for the giveaway.

Offline Captain Shwah

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:58:53 »
I won the Event Horizon Kosmonavt from the Top Clack 1 year anniversary stream. They held a community event to create songs, poems & memes for prizes and also had a TC trivia based raffle. I spent 10 or 15 hours writing and recording a song for the song competition and ended having the winning entry, the Kosmonavt was the raffle giveaway and I won that too. Ultimately, I gave up the song contest win for the Kosmo  :-* Thanks again for donating such an incredible cap to that giveaway!

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 12:58:59 »
Meeting you guys at the SoCal meetup while I was very sleep deprived was a great time even though I was ready to pass out at noon :blank:

Offline soveryscary

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:00:04 »
I remember seeing Exosphere Furt for the first time on someone's keyboard. It was such a cool little artisans with so much character. I was just a lurker, but seeing such a cool artisan made me want to get a keyboard. I didn't know anything about keyboards, but I bought myself a Pok3r and searched for a Furt. I was still new to the artisan/keyboard community and didn't really know how to go about getting one. I learned of the mechmarket and tried to find one. It took me about 8 months to finally track one down and trade for it. I have been in this community for about 2 years now, and that furt is still my favorite thing I own. Though it wasn't my fist artisan, Furt and KK cemented my love for this Hobby. Thanks for that.
All the lights went out

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:00:53 »
If I had to choose only one sculpt, it'd be the Fvccboi.

Offline N0GLUT0N

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:01:14 »
Oh these sculpts look awesome, I’m going to definitely enter the sales.
*misses every GAF sale you have had (except the last one but I lost so...)

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:02:02 »
Memories, memories... Hmm, remember that time I kept bothering you about butthole blanks. Damn good times. Damn good.
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:04:15 »
Have some memories, have some first impressions but the one thing I will always remember the most is seeing the Kosmo v2 for the first time on IG when I was starting to get into artisans. Seeing some of the hidden labs stuff on social media, I always wondered who was spending $50 on a single cap? Seeing that Kosmo v2 had me diving into the rabbit hole head first

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:05:02 »
watching gaf develop from an idea to an underground 'unknown maker'. i remember all the hype surrounding grimace - like where did these caps come from? how did you get that?? who is making these amazing caps? then came garbo and tp and tb and fvccboi. there are so many amazing sculpts and colorways that have been created over the last year or so.. now we have magnets and pins and stickers. i've been lucky enough to watch it all unfold on slack and instagram.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:07:49 »
My first raffle win was Fruit Reboot. At that time I had no idea what I was getting into with artisans and their pricing. The retail price scared me so I sold them to a friend (for retail). About a month later I kicked myself because I realized how amazing those caps were and that I wanted them. Haha lesson learned.

Offline phorx

• Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:09:41 »
I’ve been in the keebs hobby less than a year, and my journey into artisans is really just beginning, so I’ve yet to win a GAF or KK cap. 

Thanks to some luckier folks who have great camera work, I’ve been able to see some of the detail in these art pieces that the community raves about. Each of these must be a TON of work, I can only imagine how hard it is to cast the minute features. They always come out super smooth and clean too. My favourite part?  Gotta be the names, and Fvccboi is the one I like best!

Thanks for the generous giveaway and showing us what is possible with resin, a creative spirit, and a lot of hard work!

Offline jnlybean

• I like to draw artisans
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:09:53 »
Getting into artisans so late, it's wonderful to see the sculpts evolve and become next level when looking at archives of sales that I've missed. Through the inspiration of the community's many amazing sculpts I have been able to find the creative inspiration I was missing. It brings me so much joy to pay homage to the effort, love and time put into these artisans and seeing my own artisan collection grow :D

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:10:58 »
Awesome mate! Here’s to a great 2018.

My first ever raffle win was the snackeys 2.. I was brand new to the community, at this point still thanking Gajible for bringing me in (Now I, along with my wallet, curse him). But to my delight, I won the raffle! Not only did I snag a sleeve as well, but I got one of the famed Bitberry. Literally a HUGE win, and it was my first. Definitely a really warm welcoming to the community. It’s been nice to chat with the two of you over the last two years, hopefully one day we can sip some Gesha coffee together. Thanks for all that you do for the community! <3

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:11:20 »
Welcome back, Kudos!
Its funny really but i have never had a GAF or a KK cap... Not sure why but its just never been in the cards for me. I of course absolutely love your sculpts and in this day-in-age its really something special to find someone not outsourcing, 3d printing, or straight up copying someone elses concepts. I love the 'low brow art' movement and follow lots of artists on instagram and its really cool to see you bridge the gap into the keyboard artisan community. Lots of unique and well executed caps that only years of experience and talent can produce. Thanks for being part of this group, this family, and I hope that one of these days our paths will cross!
-Dana

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:11:48 »
So one time I was out to eat with my wife at the classiest place in town, Applebee’s. That night we were definitely eating good in the neighborhood. As I was chowing down on my semi-delicious microwaved pasta there was a commotion at the next table. It seems that a young man had proposed to his girlfriend of 5 weeks by hiding a Walmart engagement ring in his date’s all-you-can-eat riblets, and it wasn’t going well. The mariachi band (app) that our hopeful romantic was using to play her favorite song wasn’t enough to drown out what the young women was saying. It seemed she would only consent to marriage if he could provide her with a watermelon snackey.

The young man began frantically going from table to table, asking if anyone knew what mechanical keyboards were and if they were part of the community. When he finally found someone that wasn’t completely confused by the questions he was asking, it turns out they had a Jelly Key abandoned maze and graciously offered to run home and get it for him if he thought it would help his chances. The would-be groom poured the gentleman’s margarita on his lap and said “miss me with that ****”.

Meanwhile, I had been at a meetup the previous weekend, and some of my collection was still in my car. My wife pleaded with me saying that this was his opportunity for true love, and asking if I could just help out. Well... he overheard and came over and just started begging me while his girlfriend ordered her third basket of riblets. If only I could help him out, he would be able to have a wonderful life and share in the same love that it was obvious my wife and I had. He even paid for our meal in the hopes of swaying me.

Sometimes I think about that couple and how they’re doing. I hope they got their happily ever after. I know I wouldn’t be the same man without the best relationship I’ve ever had... I still kiss my watermelon snackey goodnight every evening before I go to bed.
"we didn't choose the furt life, the furt life chose us"

Offline Magnifikaz

• Yearning Yellow
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:13:15 »
I’ve only entered the artisan hobby just last year so I’m a freshie.  Somehow came across a picture of garbo puss which was my prompt.  I was finally able to obtain a sharkbait garbo and consider myself incredibly lucky.  I adore the cap as much as I adore my two cats, Magnus and Willoughby.  This hobby has really elevated my personal life and my happiness.  It acted as the most wonderful distraction during a difficult event that my wife and I were experiencing: funny how such small things can make such a great impact.  Thank you to all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:13:49 »
The fact that you still remembered my first comment all these years later.

I'm glad you haven't held it against me though  :p

Offline orionstein

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:14:19 »
Awesome giveaway!

My most memorable moment with GAF was actually on this black friday!

For context, I've always been bad at raffle puzzles, I remember when you posted an older Fvccboi raffle on instagram and said 'find the form'. I couldn't find it, and was pretty disappointed.

Well, on Black Friday, bunny posted an insta shot of the GAF flash store page, and on KYC there were 8 passwords - I managed to pick the right password first time, go to the flash sale page, and get my first legit gaf win! I was so excited, I jumped up and down, my fiancee thought something was wrong! I couldn't believe I managed that, because I never get those!

After that, I almost got the black friday Fvccboi, but I accidentally added the Grimace to cart instead! I knew I couldn't get 2 of those, so I tried to remove that one and just get the Fvccboi but it was too late. I think I might have possibly made it if I hadn't misclicked. So this would be the new one for the Fvccboi that got away!

Thanks, and it was a fun time!

Offline smurkcity12

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:15:22 »
I was too late to the game to get in on anything KK related so it's all GAF memories for me.

The most memorable GAF moment for me has to be listening to your interview on keebtown and talking about this community from an artist perspective. It really put into perspective what it's like to be in yours and other artist shoes and how the rest of the community can affect (or not affect) an artist, their artistic freedom, and how behavior from all of us can influence the desire to continuing to produce caps for better or worse.

Well, that was the most memorable moment up until I saw the IG story of you dancing in pajamas after being sick for a couple of weeks and being driven crazy by not casting. That image is now burned in my mind lol

Offline NAV

• Formerly A_Vicarious_Death
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:17:26 »
first impression ur a fkboi jk ilu pls gimme mystery kep thnx

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:18:08 »
I don't have any GAF or KK, but I've always been impressed with the level of detail in GAF sculpts and the colors in the caps.

Offline LiL_BrOwNiE247

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:18:32 »
I won 1 raffle this past 420 and it was for the GAF 420 Trash Panda sale, which only cements that hallowed occasion as this hobby's ultimate holiday celebration.

Offline Eastji

• draw 2 cards
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:19:26 »
I first go into GAF when I saw the TypeBeast, and really became a fan after hearing his opinions on the artisan community/hobby as a whole on the KeebTown podcast. I experienced a less than desirable issue with a cap I bought from someone else. I asked GAF about what to do, and he was more than gracious in providing a solution. Good luck to all!

Offline ZeroEn96

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:28:44 »
I haven't been involved with Artisans for very long. I have intentionally made an effort to avoid it honestly to save my wallet the extra pain. Keyboards without Artisans already hurt it enough 😂. Well I was chatting recently with some buds I had only just met about Keyboards and Artisans, and they told me that the MechKeys Discord was having a botload of raffles then. Rafflegedon.

So who doesn't like free stuff. Plus so many people in one discord channel is always fun anyway. Well I won't giveaway for a TP. Only my second Artisan I've ever owned, and I didn't really own the first one I just bought if as a gift for someone.

Oh boy was that TP an eye opener. The color, the detail. So of course since then I've looked at so many more sculpts, and colorway, and it's amazing to see how much skill and craftsmanship is out there in these Artisan keycaps. It seems I used up all my luck on the TP win, because I haven't had so much raffle luck so far 😅 but im excited to go farther down the rabbit hole.

TL.DR. First Artisan is a TP I won in giveaway, now very into Artisans. My wallet will be sad. The end.

Offline Topernicus

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:34:57 »
When I first saw the Instagram post for the night sight trash panda, I was so excited. I was stuck at Dillard's waiting for the gf to try on something, bored out of my mind. Up pops a new image with some caps in my favorite colors!

I waited with anticipation for a gaffle, but it never came. I found out the colorway was apparently a commission. With determination, I scoured mechmarket and kept an eye on artisanmacros for months.

I then found out that the caps were even more limited than I thought. I talked with jacobsmirror about his. Arson chatted with me about trading for his, but I just couldn't let what he wanted go.

Months later one of my close friends, Eizdeb, managed to get a nuclear variant. I tried not to pester him, but I did give him plenty of 'eizdeb pls' memes. I even photoshopped one of his cap pics into my board.

Out of the blue, he lets me know one day that he'd be willing to trade for one or two very specific caps. Well, I'd hunted down my grail hungr and the white widow keyforge set at this point. Time to get to work!

Thanks to a few helpful people, especially Miotch, I was able to get the grail cap Eizdeb was after and the chase for my grail GaF cap was over!

It was one of the longest and hardest chases for a cap that I've made since joining the hobby, and I wouldn't have been able to do it without my friends. This cap is a symbol of that support to me and will be one of my favorite caps forever.

210060-0

Offline sleepy

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:35:08 »
A memorable KK moment is totally seeing the original meowcaps. I'm a sucker for anything in cute colors, and  then a little kitty paw to top it off! I saw a strawberries and cream meowcap sitting on an HHKB along with another artisan keycap in a picture, and it was what brought me into the hobby of artisan keycaps through a series of "I need dis" moments.

After a short while, i've now got a meowcap of my own, and my girlfriend and i have just received a pressure pot to start working on our own creative endeavors! KK totally was a part of inspiring me to extend my artistic abilities outside of just drawing. :)

Through it all, i've been in this community for a fair little bit now, and i've made a buncha awesome friends that i'd never have met otherwise - so thank you KK/GAF!

Offline ricrackem

« Reply #92 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:36:38 »
My favorite KK memory would have to be finally tracking down and obtaining my Furtive Furt. It was about a year of searching til I locked one down :D

My favorite GAF memory would have to be winning one of the first ever Gaffles, the Grimace v1!

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:39:09 »
Memorable moment would be getting my Grimace V1 and seeing all the details I missed before like the brains / ears that don't show up in most photos.

Thanks for the giveaway!

Offline badchad

« Reply #94 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:42:44 »
My memorable moment has to be when GAF posted that recent Instagram story depicting cabin fever from not casting any caps in a while. The video was hilarious, but it also lead to me getting to talk to GAF briefly in discord and bonding a bit over no-cast cabin fever. He also told me he liked what I was making and encouraged me to keep going, which was and continues to be a big motivation for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BAD

Offline Grindbox

« Reply #95 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:51:55 »
Haven't head the pleasure of owning a GAF yet but my first impressions are as follows:
Highly detailed sculpts that are both creative and unique.  It's easy to see that they're a labour of love.  I personally love the grimy aesthetic.
Good luck to everyone in the giveaway!! I hope to join the GAF owner club soon.

Offline EternalD

• Workin' on it
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:53:17 »
Memorable moment was when I finally got my grail cap, a taco smell Type Beast. I never thought I'd have enough monies, the correct trades, or enough luck. Sure enough it happened. Some say the fun is in the hunt, but the reward is much more enjoyable imo. Thanks for the giveaway!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline mittyzz

• Pet kitties play with _______...
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:53:34 »
The recent insta story of you dancing without arms really spoke to me to be completely honest.

Offline SleepIsAllINeed

« Reply #98 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:54:01 »
I only recently got into the hobby so I've only entered the most recent instagram raffle but when I first saw pictures of the TBs I was in awe of the level of detail. I then looked into the multi-shot process of making these caps and it made the clean contrast in colours even more impressive. Then a few weeks ago

Thanks for the awesome giveaway and hope everyone is having a great year.

Offline mangoes

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 13:54:37 »
Honestly, my favorite memories don't have anything to do with caps at all. The best memories I have of GAF/KK/Kudos&Koala are the times I've gotten to speak to them (well, y'all). Between catching up randomly through messages or my time spent hanging out at the Seattle meetup, nothing stands out more than these personalities. In terms of caps, KK Bianchi topre mods always were and have always been my watermelon HHKB dream ever since I saw Koala's pic of it. I haven't gotten them yet but it's still on my bucket list!

Also welcome back to GH with your real screen name, Kudos!