Author Topic: [GB] GMK Calm Depths - Shipped - Extras Avail  (Read 63845 times)

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
Re: [GB] GMK Calm Depths LIVE - Base Kit 75% MOQ
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 25 December 2018, 06:08:11 »
I joined. Thanks Oblotzky.

Placed my order for base set.

thank you guys for the support :)

Offline mimalik

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 25 December 2018, 11:11:38 »

Keep churning out these lovely creations  :thumb:
After GMK SC and CD, its time for a SA set. SA Oblivion R2 perhaps???

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 25 December 2018, 11:37:58 »

Oblivion will be in GMK next year, but I also have plans for a SA set no worries  ;)

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 25 December 2018, 20:00:04 »
I bought a hagoromo gmk set when they ran on Keyclack a while back and I love it, but I know we also had trouble with MOQ numbers for each set. If you plan on re-running the set do you think that maybe a better option would be to offer one core set, and then they white alphas as an add-on kit?

Offline Vireca

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 26 December 2018, 04:17:01 »

Oblivion will be in GMK next year, but I also have plans for a SA set no worries  ;)

The GMK Oblivion set will be the same size as this Calm Depths? If so, maybe the price can be the same?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 26 December 2018, 08:23:43 »
More info regarding Oblivion will come in a new IC in January. While I appreciate the anticipation, please try not to derail the thread :) thanks

Offline Zytyx

« Reply #106 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 13:56:55 »
Any news on extending the buy?

Offline Hanks

« Reply #107 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 14:04:29 »
Ordered assembly kit and spacebar. What's the MOQ status of these two kits?

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #108 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 16:40:30 »
I picked up two of the base kit to try and help met the MoQ!  :p

Offline mimalik

« Reply #109 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 18:51:27 »
Do we have MOQ info on the kits? I am assuming that all the kits will be made and Kono will sell them at higher prices than GB.

Offline poodude

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 22:03:12 »
Nice clean afordable set. Joined for the base set. :thumb:

Offline Vireca

« Reply #111 on: Sun, 30 December 2018, 06:15:50 »
Just joined for the base kit, my first GMK set. I hope I like the ABS

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 30 December 2018, 11:44:50 »
Hoping this will be open all day tomorrow, want to join just gotta wait to get paid tonight. In for a base if i can.

Offline ttot

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 30 December 2018, 19:21:41 »
Joined!  ;)
RAMA M60-A(LAKE) | RAMA KOYU(HAZE) | RAMA M60-A SEQ2(MILK) | RAMA M6-C(MILK) | RAMA M65-B(ICED) | RAMA M6-C(ICED)
SA Pulse(R3) + Mitolet | GMK Jamón | GMK Calm Depths | GMK Chocolatier | GMK Minimal | GMK Striker | GMK Pulse(Mitolet) | GMK Phosphorous | GMK Peach Blossom | GMK Nautilus 2 | GMK Bleached | GMK Pono | GMK Pixel | GMK Metropolis R2 | GMK DUALSHOT 2 | SA Polyclear

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 00:38:13 »
Also just joined, GL

Offline Lotsati

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 06:05:33 »
Is this still going to be extended to later this week or possibly next week?

Offline deacon

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 09:19:31 »
Joined, thank you for the arrows in Assembly.

-D

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 09:40:32 »
Also joined for assembly. Great price considering the compatibility!  :thumb:

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 19:04:11 »
I have good news, some very good news, and even more good news!

We have successfully reached MOQ on both the Base Kit and the Spacebars Kit! And while Assembly is hovering around 60%, we have decided to extend the GB until the 15th of January for the following reason. First, I wanted to add another week so that people can catch some breath after Christmas and New Years. But we turned that into two weeks because Kono is attending the CES next week so they wouldn't be home to close down the sale and submit the order right away, hence we decided to close it on the 15th instead. Hopefully we can call Assembly a success by then as well!

And lastly: I have approved the custom legend color from GMK, I'll be posting some pictures of that tomorrow. Mod and Alpha colors will be done next.

Have a great new year, and I'll keep you updated on the progress of this project soon. Thanks for all the support!

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
If assembly doesn't go through, would I be able to change my order over to the base kit?

Offline Vireca

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 01 January 2019, 09:44:57 »

We have successfully reached MOQ on both the Base Kit and the Spacebars Kit! And while Assembly is hovering around 60%, we have decided to extend the GB until the 15th of January for the following reason. First, I wanted to add another week so that people can catch some breath after Christmas and New Years. But we turned that into two weeks because Kono is attending the CES next week so they wouldn't be home to close down the sale and submit the order right away, hence we decided to close it on the 15th instead. Hopefully we can call Assembly a success by then as well!

And lastly: I have approved the custom legend color from GMK, I'll be posting some pictures of that tomorrow. Mod and Alpha colors will be done next.

Have a great new year, and I'll keep you updated on the progress of this project soon. Thanks for all the support!
What do you mean with GMK custom colors?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 01 January 2019, 09:59:09 »
If assembly doesn't go through, would I be able to change my order over to the base kit?

Good point, I'll try to give a firm answer on Assembly MOQ on the 13th so that you can adjust your order if necessary.

What do you mean with GMK custom colors?

All 3 colors of this set are custom made, they are created by matching color samples from the OG SA Calm Depths set

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
How close to MOQ is Assembly?
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Oblotzky

60% at this time

Offline catfud

• I go by lkjl elsewhere
Happy New year! Stoked to hear the base kit reached MOQ, I cannot wait for this set to land.

Really appreciate the frequent check-ins and updates, wishing best of luck on a smooth & successful GB!
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 January 2019, 23:01:35 by catfud »

Offline Hanks

Really like the assembly kit, hope it will reach MOQ.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp

60% at this time

Well, that beats 40%, so it's a start.

If it fails to hit MOQ, is there any chance of vendor salvation? Or will it be abandoned?
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline tectonicplate

Joined for Assembly and Spacebars… I know that GMK is color matching to the SP samples, but if there is any question on alpha color… leaning less saturated would be my preference. I have a SP SA sample and the darkish blue color seems a bit more saturated than your renders. I prefer your renders if it comes down to it, more muted alpha.

Also hoping that Assembly goes through… maybe vendors can help if it gets close, as stated above? ^^

Thanks for all your work… great stuff.

Offline SlamMakanen

60% at this time

If it fails to hit MOQ, is there any chance of vendor salvation? Or will it be abandoned?

I hope to God it moves forward since I've just participated in a group buy for the Mars 6.5 with colours to match this keyset!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Vireca

60% at this time

I hope to God it moves forward since I've just participated in a group buy for the Mars 6.5 with colours to match this keyset!

There isnt any color to match this keyset with the mars 6.5, only grey. Im missing something?

Offline SlamMakanen

60% at this time

There isnt any color to match this keyset with the mars 6.5, only grey. Im missing something?
I chose the grey for the top and teal for the bottom and lettering

Offline Oblotzky

60% at this time

The Mars has a staggered layout that is covered by the Base kit, which has already met MOQ and is not in trouble. It's only the Assembly kit currently that is still to make it.

Offline SlamMakanen

60% at this time

The Mars has a staggered layout that is covered by the Base kit, which has already met MOQ and is not in trouble. It's only the Assembly kit currently that is still to make it.

Oooohhh, nice. Thanks for clarifying!

Offline mnpq.raven

Hi, the gb date is extended but mykeyboard.eu says it's out of stock. Do i have to order from another proxy ?

Offline Oblotzky

Hi, the gb date is extended but mykeyboard.eu says it's out of stock. Do i have to order from another proxy ?

I'll check with them, should be a temporary issue. Thanks for pointing it out!

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
Just added my support to the Assembly kit. I didn't see originally that it had such good coverage for staggered 40s as well -- at first glance it just looked like an ergodox kit, of which I already have quite a few. As such it actually is quite flexible for small boards, both ergo and staggered, so kudos on this kit design! And the extension gave me time to get funds together :)

Fingers crossed that it makes it -- hope we've made some more progress on the MOQ!

Offline skmn

Any news for for the EU people? Do we still get a chance to join?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Joined!

Too bad I had to pay for tax :(

Offline Oblotzky

Offline keebitup

just joined for Assembly, great looking set! I'm curious about updated numbers for MOQ. Maybe another round of advertisement on reddit wouldn't hurt?

Offline xarkkon

I'm shocked. My wife's in for the basekit, her very first keycaps purchase. We'll make a keeb fan out of her soon!

Offline SlamMakanen

I'm shocked. My wife's in for the basekit, her very first keycaps purchase. We'll make a keeb fan out of her soon!

Tell me how to do the same with my wife please!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Love every one of Oblotzky’s projects

More please.

Offline snelltrail

I’m in New Zealand so my natural proxy is Zfrontier, but it seems like there are often major delays in getting things shipped out from them (e.g. GMK Olivia). Is this common with orders from them?

Even with shipping, Kono works out at basically the same price, and it seems like I’d get my keycaps much faster.

Offline Rogue_Jellybean

I’m in New Zealand so my natural proxy is Zfrontier, but it seems like there are often major delays in getting things shipped out from them (e.g. GMK Olivia). Is this common with orders from them?

Even with shipping, Kono works out at basically the same price, and it seems like I’d get my keycaps much faster.

From what I've heard it was only Olivia and Phantom that had been troublesome for zFrontier, and that was because of Chinese customs. I'd still order from zFrontier if I were you.

Offline keebitup

I made a post to /r/mechanicalkeyboards to remind people of this GB (https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/afhrzs/gmk_calm_depths_group_buys_ends_in_two_days_order/) hope this is fine!

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #146 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 09:49:12 »

Good point, I'll try to give a firm answer on Assembly MOQ on the 13th so that you can adjust your order if necessary.

Any update on MOQ for Assembly

Offline gabetjh

Joined! Looking forward to this being my first GMK set!

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 08:52:36 »
The set will close 3pm in EU tomorrow (Tuesday), I'll instruct Kono to do the same at 3pm west coast time for US. for zF I'm not sure how timely they will close shop so just order ASAP I guess  :rolleyes:

Color samples! Cyan (legends) and Blue (alphas) have been signed off. Gray (modifiers) is being matched. The blue is the same as Yuri modifiers actually, since at some point that set was heading towards SA profile and t0mb3ry matched BFR for GMK production in 2016.

Now you may point out that the blue isn't that spot on, it feels a bit more purplish (like a hint of laser mods), but I attribute this mostly due to different surface structure of the keys. My SA set is very shined in, while GMK still has a very rough top surface. I've compared the keys in daylight (coldish winter sky here, so not warm light at all), and in the lightbox. I think it's a superb match that can't really be done better, so those two colors are currently locked in for production.

Any update on MOQ for Assembly

I really hoped to have a solid answer by now, but as it stands we have 80 orders (including extras from vendors) as of right now, from an MOQ of 100 units. I'll do my best to get it pushed through.

Offline mimalik

Wow, blue keys appear to be perfect match, is it my eyes or the GMK keys have identical shine as SA? Mind posting some more close pics of blue SA and GMK keys?