Author Topic: [GB] GMK Calm Depths - Shipped - Extras Avail  (Read 63515 times)

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Re: [GB] GMK Calm Depths LIVE - Base Kit 75% MOQ
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 09:20:15 »
If assembly doesn't go through, would I be able to change my order over to the base kit?

Good point, I'll try to give a firm answer on Assembly MOQ on the 13th so that you can adjust your order if necessary.

Any update on MOQ for Assembly

I really hoped to have a solid answer by now, but as it stands we have 80 orders (including extras from vendors) as of right now, from an MOQ of 100 units. I'll do my best to get it pushed through.

No problem. I'll keep my order for Assembly active and hope for the best!  :thumb:

Offline xarkkon

Nice!

Stupid me kept staring at the keyboard wondering why the GMK looked exactly like SA before i realised the GMK was hiding in there somewhere. Heh. Set looks much better in GMK than SA! Much.... calmer?

Colour wise, the blue and cyan both look spot on compared to the SA.

The renders do look quite a bit greyer shade of blue than the actual alphas.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [GB] GMK Calm Depths LIVE - Base Kit 75% MOQ
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 21:03:43 »
The set will close 3pm in EU tomorrow (Tuesday), I'll instruct Kono to do the same at 3pm west coast time for US. for zF I'm not sure how timely they will close shop so just order ASAP I guess  :rolleyes:

Color samples! Cyan (legends) and Blue (alphas) have been signed off. Gray (modifiers) is being matched. The blue is the same as Yuri modifiers actually, since at some point that set was heading towards SA profile and t0mb3ry matched BFR for GMK production in 2016.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Now you may point out that the blue isn't that spot on, it feels a bit more purplish (like a hint of laser mods), but I attribute this mostly due to different surface structure of the keys. My SA set is very shined in, while GMK still has a very rough top surface. I've compared the keys in daylight (coldish winter sky here, so not warm light at all), and in the lightbox. I think it's a superb match that can't really be done better, so those two colors are currently locked in for production.

If assembly doesn't go through, would I be able to change my order over to the base kit?

Good point, I'll try to give a firm answer on Assembly MOQ on the 13th so that you can adjust your order if necessary.

I really hoped to have a solid answer by now, but as it stands we have 80 orders (including extras from vendors) as of right now, from an MOQ of 100 units. I'll do my best to get it pushed through.

The blue in the renders seem more grayish than navy shown in the sample? Would it be possible to make it closer to the renders?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
I agree with Oldcat on this one. Not that the color sample is bad, but there is a bit of a difference between it and the renders. However, I understand that you're trying to match with SA Calm Depths, and for good reason.

Offline Zytyx

I hope we get some intervention on the assembly kit, it's too good to just let it die like this.

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
Colors look great, don't change them a bit!

Hoping Assembly makes MOQ, it's the People's Champ! ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Offline gabetjh

The set will close 3pm in EU tomorrow (Tuesday), I'll instruct Kono to do the same at 3pm west coast time for US. for zF I'm not sure how timely they will close shop so just order ASAP I guess  :rolleyes:

Color samples! Cyan (legends) and Blue (alphas) have been signed off. Gray (modifiers) is being matched. The blue is the same as Yuri modifiers actually, since at some point that set was heading towards SA profile and t0mb3ry matched BFR for GMK production in 2016.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Now you may point out that the blue isn't that spot on, it feels a bit more purplish (like a hint of laser mods), but I attribute this mostly due to different surface structure of the keys. My SA set is very shined in, while GMK still has a very rough top surface. I've compared the keys in daylight (coldish winter sky here, so not warm light at all), and in the lightbox. I think it's a superb match that can't really be done better, so those two colors are currently locked in for production.

The blue in the renders seem more grayish than navy shown in the sample? Would it be possible to make it closer to the renders?

agree with oldcat. thought it’s gonna be close to renders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I agree with Oldcat on this one. Not that the color sample is bad, but there is a bit of a difference between it and the renders. However, I understand that you're trying to match with SA Calm Depths, and for good reason.

Thanks! Hope Oblotzky is not in such a hurry to sign off the colors. GB hasn’t ended yet :)

Personally I joined because of the grayish blue base. It’s very unique. I’d personally be very disappointed with a navy blue alpha. But again, I’d hear out what other buyer say about this one.

Edit: if there are more straight forward comparisons under correct white balance it will be great. Maybe I’m looking at the wrong cap or something and it felt way off...
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 January 2019, 23:22:55 by oldcat »

Offline PotatoTM

I also prefer the renders more than the actual color samples, but I guess renders always tend to look better :P , either way, I'm excited for this set!

Offline snelltrail

FWIW I also prefer the blue-grey from the renders compared to the samples.

I do understand that you’re trying to match to the original SA set though and I’m still excited for it even with the more navy alphas!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
i joined in for this.  i always liked the calm depths colorway, but absolutely cannot stand untypeable, terribad SA keycaps.  looking forward to this GMK version.  :p
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 January 2019, 05:03:22 by naasfu »
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline SlamMakanen

I also prefer the more grey look of the renders on the alphas

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
Hey everyone,

it appears yesterdays photos caused a bit of a concern for some. First of all I'd like to emphasize that my goal from the beginning has been to replicate the colors of the SA version as closely as possible. I hope this was clear as this was stated in the group buy description at the very top, I have no intentions to mislead anyone into a different product. I will try to improve color accuracy in my renders in the future to hopefully avoid situations like these (luckily the next set is mostly gray, so this should not be an issue there). I do all my renders in a fully desaturated lighting environment, so whatever pantone/ral/hex/rgb colors I am using (https://deskthority.net/wiki/Signature_Plastics_ABS_colours in this case) should be unaffected. The only change would be brightness depending on how much light I use in the scene, and bounce light from neighboring keys (e.g. a red accent key will bounce off some light onto surrounding keys, giving them a small area of red highlight). However the overall tone should be rather close to what you would see IRL in a neutral lighting environment.

Below you will find another picture, this time taken at my desk with no artificial lights, solely the natural winter sunlight that is coming through my window. While it still hasn't got the 'grayish' aesthetic that some of you are seeking the renders give off, it should have less of the navy tone that was mentioned. It matches the original set very closely IMO.

Thank you for your feedback, I hope you will happy with the final product.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 January 2019, 06:27:49 by Oblotzky »

Offline SlamMakanen

Appreciate the update and by no means did I think you were trying to mislead.

I'm still in for the buy and I like what I see in the follow-up picture, so thank you!

Offline xarkkon

thanks for the clarification! no worries, didn't occur to me that you were out to deceive. i did notice early on your stated objective of matching SA colours and entered anyway figuring I would be fine with either outcome (though I much prefer the render greyer tone).

Given the recent hoo-ha over GMK Necro, I wonder if there's any way to improve the colour accuracy of renders to prevent potential misunderstandings.

EDIT: Perhaps a designer out there might want to take a stab at a new colour way matching the renders here? "Calmer Depths" Heh Heh...

Offline gabetjh

understandable! after all you mentioned its meant to replicate Calm Depths! but the renders look good, or rather renders always look good! Will still 100% support it!

Offline Hanks

Appreciate the update. However, I guess the assembly kit unable to reach MOQ?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Hey everyone,

it appears yesterdays photos caused a bit of a concern for some. First of all I'd like to emphasize that my goal from the beginning has been to replicate the colors of the SA version as closely as possible. I hope this was clear as this was stated in the group buy description at the very top, I have no intentions to mislead anyone into a different product. I will try to improve color accuracy in my renders in the future to hopefully avoid situations like these (luckily the next set is mostly gray, so this should not be an issue there). I do all my renders in a fully desaturated lighting environment, so whatever pantone/ral/hex/rgb colors I am using (https://deskthority.net/wiki/Signature_Plastics_ABS_colours in this case) should be unaffected. The only change would be brightness depending on how much light I use in the scene, and bounce light from neighboring keys (e.g. a red accent key will bounce off some light onto surrounding keys, giving them a small area of red highlight). However the overall tone should be rather close to what you would see IRL in a neutral lighting environment.

Below you will find another picture, this time taken at my desk with no artificial lights, solely the natural winter sunlight that is coming through my window. While it still hasn't got the 'grayish' aesthetic that some of you are seeking the renders give off, it should have less of the navy tone that was mentioned. It matches the original set very closely IMO.

Show Image

Thanks, by the way, what’s the next “Gray” set? Haha

Offline nasp

• * Vendor

GMK Oblivion I believe.

Offline Vireca

I think the colors match perfectly, we still have to see the grey one :P. It's true the renders looks more like a blue-grey

Hey everyone,

Show Image

GMK Oblivion

Offline mimalik

May be I am going blind, but I dont see any hint of grey in the blue keys on either of the pics posted.

Offline Oblotzky

May be I am going blind, but I dont see any hint of grey in the blue keys on either of the pics posted.

The renders have a gray component in the alphas color, while the real photos do not. That is why there is some concern.

Offline Oblotzky

Re: [GB] GMK Calm Depths - CLOSED - color samples
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 17:26:49 »
All proxies have closed their buy pages for this set. Assembly kit has made it to MOQ!

In a few weeks, kono.store will reopen their store page for the set and offer extras at a increased retail price as long as their extra inventory lasts.

Thanks to everyone that participated!  :thumb: I'll keep you posted with updates.

Offline tectonicplate

« Reply #173 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 17:37:31 »
All proxies have closed their buy pages for this set. Assembly kit has made it to MOQ!

In a few weeks, kono.store will reopen their store page for the set and offer extras at a increased retail price as long as their extra inventory lasts.

Thanks to everyone that participated!  :thumb: I'll keep you posted with updates.

Yes! Awesome news. Thanks so much! And now, like always… we wait patiently.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #174 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 19:04:52 »

Kinda silly to ask, but will the Assembly kit receive a tray design, or will it ship without one?

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #175 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 19:18:50 »

Kinda silly to ask, but will the Assembly kit receive a tray design, or will it ship without one?

If you mean the banderole, there is one for the Assembly kit. I think it looks pretty boss!

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #176 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 20:29:14 »
Stoked for this!

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #177 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 20:31:15 »
Hooray for the assembly kit! Look forward to seeing the colours in person -- the samples look great.

Offline GigaFlop

« Reply #178 on: Tue, 15 January 2019, 21:26:26 »
Stoked for Assembly, since I'm looking to fit it into my Boardwalk build if I can. If not that, then the Preonic I have on order :)
Oh god why did my wallet get so thin

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I think the colors match perfectly, we still have to see the grey one :P. It's true the renders looks more like a blue-grey

Hey everyone,

Show Image

GMK Oblivion

Will go all in for GMK Oblivion V2. Please Oblotzky, give us some surprise.

Offline Woovie

« Reply #180 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 00:12:50 »
I'll buy a set off someone. Hit me up if you want to sell.

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #181 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 18:23:58 »
How are we looking for April shipping?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #182 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 18:51:54 »
It's GMK so everything should be coming along nicely. GMK is reliable. Have you heard anything Blotzky?

Offline cuongcan2020

« Reply #183 on: Sun, 31 March 2019, 23:04:44 »
If anyone's looking to get rid of their base set, I'd be interested in picking them up.  :thumb:

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #184 on: Sun, 31 March 2019, 23:07:36 »
It's GMK so everything should be coming along nicely. GMK is reliable. Have you heard anything Blotzky?

Will post a pic of final color samples in the coming days. Shipping from GMK is confirmed for end of April.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #185 on: Sun, 31 March 2019, 23:14:14 »
Niiiiice
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #186 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 12:57:42 »
big fkn hype

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #187 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 15:52:04 »

Will post a pic of final color samples in the coming days. Shipping from GMK is confirmed for end of April.

Wow!

By the way, I still cannot believe the Oblivion GB is real. Would be so much work for you to coordinate this but thank you!

Offline Chaselicious17

« Reply #188 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 18:15:58 »

Wow!

By the way, I still cannot believe the Oblivion GB is real. Would be so much work for you to coordinate this but thank you!

gg

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 19:01:41 »

Wow!

gg

At least some solid CD news!

Offline yaya

« Reply #190 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 20:58:21 »
Are we still on track for April?  GB page on Kono says June now...

Offline GigaFlop

« Reply #191 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 14:14:32 »
Are we still on track for April?  GB page on Kono says June now...

Kono hasn't been providing any updates in their weekly updates, so I'm feeling a bit wary about this. Hoping we get news about Calm Depths before Nines closes their GB, since this is my first GB from them.
Oh god why did my wallet get so thin

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #192 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 14:17:47 »
Shipping date on my invoice is 30.04. That's when GMK will ship out the set at the latest. It will take a bit to cross the Atlantic and then go through US customs, not entirely sure what the standard timeline for that is. There's no reason for concern as far as I can tell.

Offline sroop

« Reply #193 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 14:24:52 »
Considering how GMK Camping went, June might be accurate.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #194 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 15:48:16 »
Shipping date on my invoice is 30.04. That's when GMK will ship out the set at the latest. It will take a bit to cross the Atlantic and then go through US customs, not entirely sure what the standard timeline for that is. There's no reason for concern as far as I can tell.

amazing!

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #195 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 09:23:45 »

Please excuse the dust, hard to not to have any when doing closeups with a DSLR. Color matching is perfect, keep in mind that the SA caps are from the original run and have seen quite some use, so they are much shinier than the straight out of the box GMK caps (which by default have a bit rougher top surface than SA caps).

mykeyboard.eu received their order last thursday and will start shipping tomorrow or Thursday. Mine was stuck for a bit due to Easter holidays. kono.store and zFrontier are also underway, I'll poke em for an ETA.

Offline mimalik

Re: [GB] GMK Calm Depths - Shipping
« Reply #196 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 09:36:02 »
Looks amazing, better than expected. just in time to pair it with Carbon Umka (will greatly appreciate a render or real shot if you feel like it).

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #197 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 09:37:15 »
Show Image

Show Image

Please excuse the dust, hard to not to have any when doing closeups with a DSLR. Color matching is perfect, keep in mind that the SA caps are from the original run and have seen quite some use, so they are much shinier than the straight out of the box GMK caps (which by default have a bit rougher top surface than SA caps).

mykeyboard.eu received their order last thursday and will start shipping tomorrow or Thursday. Mine was stuck for a bit due to Easter holidays. kono.store and zFrontier are also underway, I'll poke em for an ETA.
nice
Can't wait.

Offline yaya

« Reply #198 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 09:47:14 »
very nice

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #199 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 10:24:06 »
Forgot to snap the trays:

Thanks again to biip for the design  :thumb: