Author Topic: Nominate-A-Bro 2.0 [OVER]  (Read 40477 times)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Nominate-A-Bro 2.0 [OVER]
« on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:17:24 »
This will be an ongoing effort to give back to awesome people in the community. The rules are simple;

1. Make a post describing your experience with a member of the community, and what makes them awesome (nominate as many as you like, just separate the posts, and have an actual story with it)
2. At the end of the nominations, a handful of winners will be selected for the prizes.
3. Winners will receive the prizes in the mail (all free, of course)

That's pretty much it!

WINNERS FOR THIS ROUND:

R1N3
swill
sed8op8
suicidal orange
GhostJuggernaut
nickheller
hashbaz
btctopre ---> passed to Badwrench

Up for grabs this time:

1. Andromeda Skies V2 - MX
2. Interstellar Green V2 - MX
3. Star Cluster V2 - MX
4. Interstellar Pink V2 - MX
5. 1x Random MX V2 (Donated from BunnyLake)
6. 1x Random Topre V2 (Donated from BunnyLake)
7. 2x Apple Green BS V2's

This nomination period will end on October 1st, 2015

PS - Ladies also count as 'Bros' <3
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2015, 23:45:57 by Bro Caps »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: Nominate-A-Bro 2.0 [LIVE]
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:19:43 »
Is Bro Caps a bro?
I love Elzy

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:20:25 »
Is Bro Caps a bro?

Is this like a chicken egg question? My head hurts already!  :p

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:20:55 »

Offline bjb39

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:22:45 »
Ugh.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:23:12 »
Is Bro Caps a bro?

Show Image

Real question is, will he be bro enough to spit gum out into his wife's mouth from the nomination? EH?! Question that!

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:23:40 »
I once gave money to a Geekhacker and I received an item a few days later.
It was great I think?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline aubthedrummer

• Papa Bless^
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:24:55 »
Oooh, this will be interesting. Though I haven't really had any experiences yet with other users(since I'm kinda new) I'm excited to see the stories of the winners. Thanks again for this bro!

Offline queefmonchan

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:28:23 »
BRB gotta go be nice to people.

Just kiddin, congrats to all those who win those beautiful caps, and for a good reason :thumb:

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:29:27 »
thefebruaryman

He gave me a awesome cable when everyone was being silly, also said he would help if I ever needed help with my HHKB I like him so he's a bro
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:32:32 »
Gonna nominate Hooooooooffman. He did a good thing selling that pulse set for Destiny. Also gotta give props to whoever bought it since that was pretty stand up of them too. Major props.

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:33:15 »
nickheller!

I've been letting my game slip re: artisan cap sales and have missed a few. nickheller hooked me up with an SLS esc at cost!

Although he may have done it just because he was sick of hearing me complain in IRC  :D
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline dohbot

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:33:52 »
Jerue is quite the bro. He is really nice on the forums, especially since I am pretty new to Geekhack. He also helped me form my opinions on the Matias Quiet Clicks. I couldn't find a single Alps keycap, and he sent me quite a few in the mail, all free of charge! Also the Quiet Clicks are really nice!
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline lolpes

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:34:26 »
My most recent experience was with Demik, i asked him if i could buy his cyan numpad Enter, he asked for my address and just offered it to me :) Thank you Demik you are awesome!

Also have had some very nice experiences with Prelim and Yobinad ;) We are from the same location and had a very small meetup to retrieve some cables Prelim got for us, and endended up with a room full of keyboard to test and a very well spent afternoon :D

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:34:49 »
I would like to nominate GhostJuggernaut. He sent me my dream bro cap for nothing in return! It was super selfless of him, and I appreciated it very much. Thankfully I was able to repay him by sending him a cap that he liked, several months later. This is just one instance of him being a good guy, but I have seen him help out countless others around the site.

Offline dohbot

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:36:15 »
nickheller is also a pretty amazing bro. He is really nice and civil always on all of the forums, no exclusion to /r/MK or here, and he mailed me a bingecap Slo-Fi sticker which rests on my computer now! It has made me really popular.

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:37:31 »
Sed8op8

There have been a number of times since I joined the community that I was just completely lost to what was going on around me and Sed has always been kind enough to direct me in the right path. I can't really put one story to it because it's an accumulation of times that shes helped which shows both patience and sincerity on her part. Thanks Sed!

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:39:47 »
kirkle sent me a new selfie today

what a nice guy

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:40:12 »
I have quite a few people to nominate luckily I have met quite a few bros here. I don't have the time right now but I am really looking forward to this and will be nominating a few real bros here  :thumb:

Another awesome event/giveaway from BroCaps.
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline dohbot

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 16:40:18 »
Binge is a hell of a guy. Really nice civil and funny on any post that he makes. His artwork is amazing and I am a big fan, and on my welcome post, he professed his love for me, so I thought I would return the favor.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 17:02:01 »
Another giveaway for the community spirit!  :)

Firsty I'd like to nominate btctopre, he's been a great pillar of the community with all the giveaways to the bro-less and all. He gave me some really nice topre caps I have been using for quite a while now, and that I'm planning on passing on.

He deserves my nomination because he's gives so much to the community and he deserves to get some back.  :)

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 17:04:32 »
I don't really explore much outside of the geekhack marketplace forum, but a person who immediately comes to mind when I think of someone being a total bro is Photekq. Way back when I was still discovering the world of custom mechs, I came across Photekq's TEK-80. Wanting to CNC a case like it, I followed the link in his original post which led to the CAD files, but the link was dead and I couldn't get the files. I didn't really want to bother him, figuring that he was too busy to respond to PMs regarding a year old project, but I decided to reach out to him anyways. I PM'd him saying that the link was dead and asked if the files were hosted elsewhere, and he got back to me within 24 hours. He didn't have to help me or didn't have to respond at all, but he replied with an updated link to the CAD files and some advice on improving the case. He probably doesn't remember me asking him as this was ~10 months ago, but his helpfulness has stuck with me since then.

Photekq is a bro.  :thumb:
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 17:04:49 »
Dammit, we all gotta start being nice.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 17:08:21 »
You sound like demik...

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 17:13:55 »

You sound like demik...

Ha. Just a whole lot quieter.

Hmm. Maybe I should nominate him for tons of entertaining posts. 

Offline mesteris

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 17:15:13 »
I nominate Oobly. I had recently joined GH and had been making some keycap renders. Of course, I was terrible at it and used the wrong colors. The posters seemed rather focused on what kits I'd make available or making comments on the color way. Which was fine. Oobly linked me to DT's colors and even threw up a color corrected mockup. This was extremely helpful and helped motivate me to work on the keyset. Oobly for pres!

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 17:23:08 »
I bought the bro that cptbadass sold for destiny/GH and found that it didn't fit on my escape key very well. Kept sticking

Suicidal orange pmed me and helped me out as much as he could and suggested a few things that may have been the problem and how to fix it. Still sticking in the end but was nice to have someone help out of the blue when I was a new member.

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 17:29:48 »
Wanted to put up inanis  for the destiny raffle as well as talking me through the process of making wristrest!
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 17:37:42 »
rowdy

He greets everyone of the new members with open arms. He's also not someone that stirs up drama. Plus, he's always been very polite and nice with me. :thumb:

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 17:42:35 »
This is very difficult, as I have over a dozen people that have helped me tremendously in this hobby, whether it is just chatting about whether this keyset look good with that artisan, to discussing the minute differences between green and blue Alps switches. I equally appreciate and enjoyed the correspondence with each and every one of you, so it makes this really hard.

I would like to nominate Zeal for all the work he does to make the community happy, and for coming up with Zealios, which is a complete game changer. You really gotta see his packaging skills, it's amazingly efficient, compact, and secure. He also took time out of his busy evening to lube and pack a few bags of Zealio samples for me to pickup, half an hour before my flight, so I would be able to play with them over the 10 hours! :thumb:
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:15:55 by Karura »

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:02:32 »
nominated him before - livingspeedbump - always polite, always  doing stuff for people over at /r/mechanicalkeyboards, and he made a post over there about discussing artisans and made it a really friendly discussion where everyone could state their opinions and thoughts without any drama. Basically, he's the reason I kept up with keyboards because he showed it isn't all about being greedy and backbiting.

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:03:35 »
Sed8op8 - shes always been nice to me and is very patient especially due to the fact that I'm very indecisive and afaik she hasn't let that bother her once. 

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:05:52 »
Nominating Karura for his maturity and respect shown in the Skidata IC thread regarding bars vs scoops vs nipples.  It's never easy having your opinions or position challenged and far too often we all give in and act a fool as Ludacris said.  Rather than becoming angry and impolite, Karura took it all in stride and did a fine job in standing firm while still acknowledging the wants of others.  Basically, he wasn't a **** when many people would have been. 

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:13:16 »
Joey quin,

Dudes seems chill, haven't chatted much but he likes things I like...
I always see him posting positive comments and bringing up the spirit of the forums. If we lived closer i would prolly buy him a gordita crunch
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline Jhonan

• Chicks love duck pics...
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:14:19 »
I nominate DrCr4nK, Hes a long time friend, and a recent addition to this community, much like I am.  He introduced me to the wonderful world of mechanical keyboards, and is responsible for me rocking my v60 with mx whites and miami keys.  Outside of this, he's always a great bro, loaning out peripherals such as extra dvi cables or even an active display adaptor when needed, when he doesn't just give me much needed parts, like a spare hard drive when mine was failing.  Even buys me games from time to time so we can experience them together.  Great guy to know, and would love for him to receive some recognition for it outside of me trying to give back when I can.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:20:16 »
Nominating Karura :) Always nice in our little PM chats and I once lost an eBay auction that he was after, sorry again! :( Hopefully he will get lucky with this so I can sort of make up for it!

Offline ironpup

• Good feeling of oneness with cup rubber
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:26:35 »
My nomination goes out to livingspeedbump.
     He does so much for the community and I think he deserves a bro for all his hard work. Everything he does is with the communities best intentions in mind. To start things off he took over keychatter and has kept up with the keyboard reviews as well as interviews with artisans, and informing the community of anything he thinks is important and that others might of missed. As he draws closer to opening the keychatter store, a unique idea set up to help the artisan makers, he made sure to step down as a moderator over on /r/mk so there wouldn't be any conflict of interest. Apart from his work on /r/mk and keychatter he also started /r/keycapdesigners, a subbreddit devoted to helping people with the initial design process of new, cool keysets for the community. I first got in contact with him when he started /r/keycapdesigners and was looking for moderators. I volunteered to help, not really expect anything to come of it, but he added me to team within minutes and has always been supportive of my efforts. He has helped me a great deal with the /r/mk community keyset that's in the works, and is always positive with good suggestions. He is also real pleasure to chat with on skype and has acted as someone for me to casually talk to about my keyboard obsession. It is in this casual conversation that his true character really shines. Whenever I see someone trying to sell an artisan he's interested in I always shoot him a link, but most of the time he refrains from trying to buy the caps because he isn't okay with people selling artisans for such a personal gain. Finial to top it all off, when I saw he was trying to trade/sell his hhkb ctrl esc kit I made an offer, but instead of accepting he sent me the kit free of charge. livingspeedbump truly is a gem in the community and there is no doubt in my mind he deserves a reward for all he does and has done.

lol sorry for the essay, being the midst of way too many AP classes, and it being midnight, can do that to you  :p

I also forgot to mention that he works with massdrop a lot helping organize new keysets and other cool mechanical keyboard drops he thinks the community would enjoy

Last Minute Edit: When negotiating a trade for a Liberator set LSB offered his only BroCap to help make the trade go through because he knew how much I loved the set. If this doesn't exemplify what a great guy LSB, and show how deserving he is, I don't know what will.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 September 2015, 22:40:27 by ironpup »

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:29:06 »

Engicoder is an all around champ of a guy. He not only did the novelties for Jukebox for me, but he also helped cover rental fees for the big NC meetup in a week and is volunteering his place for people to stay as well.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 September 2015, 12:33:40 by livingspeedbump »
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:30:42 »
Wanted to put up inanis  for the destiny raffle as well as talking me through the process of making wristrest!

You are too kind, and I'm working on making it now. :)

So many good Bros around here...

Sed - I mentioned that I was looking for a Booper Monkey and she, with in like hours, offered me one that she had free of charge. Not only that, but she is super nice and makes everyone feel welcome around here. It is like positivity x1000. I just love it. I think that kind of attitude goes a long way to get people to come out of their shells, participate and really be kind to others.

Edit: just realized each nom should be it's own post...Oops!
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:32:45 by inanis »
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:33:15 »
Absyrd - He is probably the reason I started participating as much as I do. He does crazy stuff to keep us all laughing and had done me more favors than I can count. He recently sent me his QFR, free of charge because I was in need of a TKL board. He is super supportive, and all around awesome. :)

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:33:47 »
CPT - I know a ton of people are going to nominate him, because he is super nice, and always ready to help someone out. Specifically, he often puts up with my inane chit-chat so that I stay entertained. If that isn't a bro, I dunno what is!

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:34:11 »
Badwrench - He offered me some great advice on a woodworking project. Without his suggestion, I probably would have been frustrated for a while. Sometimes a simple suggestions can make a big impact. What makes this place so great is how people really come together and help eachother out, and I think Badwrench is a great example of that.

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:37:00 »
today i will finally tell the tale of Rumpelstilzchen. his alias on kbdlab.co.kr is 데스피어, or 'DESPAIR' in English--which is a fitting name for him, as you will come to find. it's only been a few months since i opened my eyes to custom mechanical keyboards, and only this past month that i discovered the beautiful existence of artisan keycaps. due to this, the risks of ordering internationally, and the fact that the dollar is so high against the korean won, i only oggle other people's acquisitions on GH and generally translate GH news to the non-English speaking bulk of my kbdlab peoples. the artisan keycap scene is very, very small in korea.

about four weeks ago, i asked the chat to look at a secondhand custom keyboard that i was considering for my first purchase. the kailh brown switches would require a complete desoldering of switches and full LEDs, which chat unanimously declared would be more trouble than it was worth (at the asking price), especially since i didn't have the tools or the knowledge. i had given up all hope until DESPAIR appears in the chat and offered to sell one of his, a very rare LZ-b10 with vintage stock MX Blacks (clear tops) stickered, lubed, tuned, and lit up like a christmas tree, all at the cost of base materials, only.
of course, i jumped at it. it really is a well-made keyboard, and just as described. little did i know, however, i had paid with my soul, as well...

a week after my purchase, a post went up, announcing 'FREE ASSEMBLY EVENT!' DESPAIR would be welcoming new people by assembling their first keyboard for no cost. he had seen members like me, who wished for one, but didn't know where to start; professional assembly costs were too expensive. why not give back to the community that gave so much to him? the conditions were, you must not own any custom keyboard, and you would have to ship every little part required to him. of course, i would not be applicable, though he did add in the notice that should there be few applicants, those who owned a custom but could not assemble one would also be considered.

two lucky newbies were chosen, and their new custom keyboards were magically delivered to them less than a week later. pictures of happiness and multi-coloured LEDs, followed. with little hope of getting a place in this raffle, i ordered switches. the very next week, DESPAIR made another announcement, calling for another round of participants. this time, he had even talked other reluctant elders into helping. DESPAIR had a custom metal logo sticker made with 'DESPAIR' on it, which he had stuck on the keyboard i purchased, and this sticker would taunt me, forever, as three more members received what they desired, and yet another announcement went up. i ordered acrylic housing, bolts, and bumpers...

by this time, news had spread about DESPAIR. members were increasing, applicants doubling, and i started to wonder when i would offer up my firstborn child to Rumpelstilzchen in return for a slot, while i proceeded to buy some PCBs, a soldering iron & solder. i made a mess of things, the iron too hot. got another. i wasn't alone. the marketplace and Q&A are busier than before.

another announcement calling for new applicants will go up, soon. to this day, i wander the internet in hopes of catching the devious imp as he hops about and sings his song revealing his True Name, which will free my soul from this growing despair   obsession.

DESPAIR is not from here*, but he is everywhere.

*if this disqualifies him from being nominated, then that's a bit of justice, i suppose. still, you get to hear a 'good' (!) story from the other side of the world on this, korean thanksgiving (chuseok).
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:54:10 by showmeyourkitties »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:54:13 »
Joey quin,

Dudes seems chill, haven't chatted much but he likes things I like...
I always see him posting positive comments and bringing up the spirit of the forums. If we lived closer i would prolly buy him a gordita crunch

Thanks bro, I 100% plan to take you up on that gordita crunch.

We should chat sometime, I'd love to
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 18:54:36 »
Glitch3d - always seems really nice, posts positive things, don't know him too well but I know he's more than decent. I also really like his avatar for some reason

Offline Belfong

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 19:11:46 »
btctopre is who I'd go with. He would go at length to pursue that cap that will go well with his 10AE colour scheme and when it doesn't fit, he gave the cap in a giveaway.

Ashley is another I'd go with also. Super generous and is always doing good things for people who's bro-less or artisan-less. She just want to see people being happy!

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 19:14:37 »
I'd like to nominate Freecopy.

During the blackout bro sale i had really wanted a matte black BBv2 but i couldn't resist the allure of the Pharaoh and unfortunately i couldn't afford both so i had chosen the Pharaoh but was always disappointed that i never got the black BBv2.
A couple months had passed since the sale and Freecopy messaged me completely out of the blue and asked for my address and if i was comfortable with him sending me keyboard related goods, of course i said i'd be happy to but i was insanely shocked because i literally had never spoken to Freecopy and possibly never even quoted a message of his. What was this stranger going to send me? **** pics? anthrax?

So a week later i receive this amazing looking box containing a matte black BBv2.

This complete stranger had seen my previous messages about my first world problem of not being able to afford two BBv2's and had wanted to get me the black BBv2 i had originally wanted for some unknown reason, i think he's trying to get into my pants, i might let him.
Apparently Freecopy had gone as far as to message bunny during the blackout sale to ask if he could pay for a matte black BBv2 and add it to my order since i had already been lucky enough to win a dibs ticket for that sale but it had been too late or bunny didn't see the message in time. Turns out that Freecopy had also entered the blackout sale and had won a black BBv2 and after some procrastination got around to sending me this beautiful cap.

Thank you so much Freecopy, you said you wanted nothing in return but unfortunately i'm still going to try =P
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 21:19:45 »
Joey Quinn - is a heck of a guy, and is actually the one responsible for gifting me my very first (and only) Brocap.  It is a beautiful MX unicorn blood.  Thanks Joey!

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 21:54:35 »
BunnyLake - I know that he will probably pull some strings to make sure he does not win, but I am going to nominate him anyway.  :)  There are so many reasons why he is a totally solid bro, but I will only list a few.  Giving away hundreds of dollars of stuff to start PAY IT FORWARD is an amazing initiative.  He has taken the helm on the GH60 GB which has been floundering for like 2 years now and he is making great progress getting that all squared away.  I did a small amount of work for him with no expectation of any payment and he offers me a JTK set for free for it.  This is just in the last month or so, the list gets very long if I go any farther back.  If for no other reason, I nominate BunnyLake because that man deserves our props...

Bro, I know you do a lot in the background and contribute in many ways that we don't really hear about.  A big shout out to you for just being awesome.  Love your work...  :)

Offline lucaslink

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 22:34:37 »
For a month I told Joey Quinn I'd be buying his lightsaver v1. We went back and forth over message, but eventually I couldn't commit the funds toe the board and had to back out. I felt terrible, and said as much. Joey accepted it gracefully and wasn't mad or angry but understanding.
Good guy that Joey.