Author Topic: Nominate-A-Bro 2.0 [OVER]  (Read 40474 times)

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: Nominate-A-Bro 2.0 [LIVE]
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 04:18:21 »
I'd like to put forth Elrick's name. I doubt he even cares for Bro Caps. I didn't have much direct contact with him, but his ever presence in many of the threads and his ability to hype up an GMK GB made him a valuable member of this community. A GB is pretty boring without this convict from Convict Town and he deserve a win, just so to see what snark remark he will come up with! Ha ha.
+1 For the Hype Master, GH would be boring without him  :thumb:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 04:59:57 »
Nominating paicrai, cause without him on steam I'd be pretty lonely and he always brings me a smile to my face.

Also nominating Nasby99, the OTD master. Taught me almost everything I know about korean keyboards and has been a really good friend to me when we are talking via Skype.

Very busy with studies atm.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 05:38:32 »
Hahaha. I have way too many people who have shown me love to even start nominating.

I like reading about all these positive interactions, though. This thread/giveaway showcases the great part of the GH community. When people get negative, just direct 'em here.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 07:03:51 »
Well I don't have too many interactions yet as I'm still pretty new, but the first person that comes to mind is katushkin.

I was looking to buy some artisans, and katushkin offered to sell me one at a very reasonable rate. Life got in the way, and long story short I've had to postpone the purchase, but he was very understanding, and mentioned that it'll still be there when I'm ready to purchase. I know it's not much, but it's one of the first interactions I've had in this community, and katushkin genuinely seemed as if he wanted to help a fellow collector out, and not charge an exorbitant amount just because he can.

Cheers katushkin!  :thumb:

Offline maxpegasus

• The search goes ever on and on...
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 18:05:05 »
Definitely a couple people I wanna shoutout but I'll start off with livingspeedbump. Like several others who've already posted in this thread, I was completely blindsided by livingspeedbump's generosity.
I was selling a KRAP skull over on r/mk and livingspeedbump was interested. However he told me his payment might be a bit delayed so to make up for it he'd send me a keychatter.com mug! I was like "hell yeah I'll wait as long as you want me to for free stuff" (or something to that effect :p). Anyway turns out the payment wasn't delayed at all but he sent me the mug regardless!! Thanks again dude!

Here's the mugshot:
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

And aside from the mug, livingspeedbump has just been a super chill and polite guy in the relatively short amount of communication we've had. Recently I asked him his opinion on Zealios (since he's tried them already) and he was super helpful!

TL;DR: people like livingspeedbump just make the community more enjoyable to be a part of; free mug :thumb:

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #155 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 08:55:21 »
Definitely a couple people I wanna shoutout but I'll start off with livingspeedbump. Like several others who've already posted in this thread, I was completely blindsided by livingspeedbump's generosity.
I was selling a KRAP skull over on r/mk and livingspeedbump was interested. However he told me his payment might be a bit delayed so to make up for it he'd send me a keychatter.com mug! I was like "hell yeah I'll wait as long as you want me to for free stuff" (or something to that effect :p). Anyway turns out the payment wasn't delayed at all but he sent me the mug regardless!! Thanks again dude!

Here's the mugshot:
(Attachment Link)

And aside from the mug, livingspeedbump has just been a super chill and polite guy in the relatively short amount of communication we've had. Recently I asked him his opinion on Zealios (since he's tried them already) and he was super helpful!

TL;DR: people like livingspeedbump just make the community more enjoyable to be a part of; free mug :thumb:
Living speed is definetely an awesome bro ! He is always doing something cool fo people and these coffee mugs are baller  :)) Between helping people with there key sets and writing reviews for the community LSB definitely deserves a nomination :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 09:14:05 »
PunksDead: Really enjoy talking with him about lifting and life. It was great to find someone with shared interests outside of keyboards. Really generous person and really cares about this community as a whole. Looking forward to our next conversation although he is a damn busy man.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 September 2015, 09:22:14 by iamtootallforthis »

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 09:17:20 »
CPTBadAss:
Got to meet him a week or so ago and got to explore his old stomping grounds. Really great person and really enjoyed getting to chill with him and talk about keyboards and life. Really informative about events that occurred before my time in the community and was a wealth of knowledge on artisans caps and their makers. Showed me some amazing food places and got to discuss music and his upcoming travels.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 09:24:18 »
btctopre:
I can't say enough good things about this guy! Helped me get a hold of some of my most sought after caps and was really patient and allowed me to find other trades to facilitate ours. I probably bugged him more than I know but he was patient with me.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 09:28:04 »
dustinhxc

Super awesome guy to have around and he has some nice stuff to boot. Love his pictures too!
Please feed my addiction.

Offline DrCr4nK

• Yeah, man. I dig that.
« Reply #160 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 12:01:12 »
Think I'd like to nominate Krytone. Extra caps, man! :D

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 12:05:20 »
For the pay it forward thing, Swill freaking looked through my WTB list to see what would be most useful for me. He gave me a set of steel Ergodox plates. I mean come on, how ****ing thoughtful can you get?
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 September 2015, 12:07:17 by bcredbottle »

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #162 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 12:06:51 »
ImpendingxDoom has dedicated a alot of time to teaching me the art of resin casting in detail. For free. He answers all of my noob questions and never asks anything in return.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #163 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 12:10:22 »
nickheller also gave me a katzenkinder cap for like no ****ing reason other than b/c he's a good dude.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #164 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 12:15:54 »
Nominating Suicidal_Orange.  He recently sent me my dream key-set as a surprise, can't get much more bro than that. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #165 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 13:49:28 »
That Joey Quinn guys alright  :)) id let him buy me a crunch wrap supreme   ;) seriously good dude knows a lot about keyboards and is always helping people and answering there questions deserves another nom

I'm serious about the crunch wrap I'm starving 8(
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #166 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 13:53:23 »
That Joey Quinn guys alright  :)) id let him buy me a crunch wrap supreme   ;) seriously good dude knows a lot about keyboards and is always helping people and answering there questions deserves another nom

Be careful what you ask for.  :))  Dude knows his TBell menu inside and out.  ^-^  Asked him for advice once, and despite it being the most solid TBell advice I could ask for, I went to bed a seriously bloated and more than slightly drunk Hoffman.  It's even worse when you go there with him in person.  x.x

Offline Lokomotivet

• (⌐■_■)
« Reply #167 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 14:30:41 »
I'll nominate GenKaan, for bringing me to this community and also providing me with my very first artisan cap.

I would also like to nomimate thefebruaryman for hooking me up with a free HKP cap! I owe you one bro.

#nohomo

| ISO |

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #168 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 23:17:35 »

Be careful what you ask for.  :))  Dude knows his TBell menu inside and out.  ^-^  Asked him for advice once, and despite it being the most solid TBell advice I could ask for, I went to bed a seriously bloated and more than slightly drunk Hoffman.  It's even worse when you go there with him in person.  x.x

Last week I got 2 shredded chicken burritos, 1 volcano beef quesorito, 1 cheesy bean and rice, and a 4 pack of cinnabon delights all in 1 sitting.  :))

Crunch wraps are one of my norms but I was feeling burritos.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #169 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 23:18:29 »

Last week I got 2 shredded chicken burritos, 1 volcano beef quesorito, 1 cheesy bean and rice, and a 4 pack of cinnabon delights all in 1 sitting.  :))

see this **** is what im talkin about

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #170 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 23:19:31 »

I was munchin' real hard.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #171 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 23:21:56 »

Speaking of which...

I just re-read your menu grabs and I'm hurtin' for one of those Cinnabon Delights reallllll hard now...   :-X

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 23:22:43 »
More

Speaking of which...

I just re-read your menu grabs and I'm hurtin' for one of those Cinnabon Delights reallllll hard now...   :-X
You think you don't want the 12 pack but in the end you do. :thumb:
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 September 2015, 23:24:18 by Joey Quinn »

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #173 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 23:53:25 »
More

Speaking of which...

You think you don't want the 12 pack but in the end you do. :thumb:
i lol'ed fairly hard

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #174 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 00:41:35 »
I'd like to nominate some people who are always there for me in one way or another.

BunnyLake and CodyEatWorld - You guys have no idea.  I am indebted for the hours you put into your work and while treating me with respect and making me feel comfortable.
Joey Quinn - Not to many bros will just let you spend a night or more on their couch without ever having met.  This guy has always been there to talk about wild projects.
CPTBadAss - Always tells me just how real it is.  I don't know many people who could easily say they spent as many hours making their friends lives more interesting as they put into their day job.  Thank you CPT for knowing no state borders.
Livingspeedbump - As generous and friendly as they come.  He's never once treated me as an outsider.  The time he puts into responding to inquiries or chatting while keeping up with his interesting projects/work is truly appreciated.
HoffmanMyster - Can't really say anything that hasn't been said.  He also pays me child support on time.
Sed8op8 - We don't talk much but I get hella pumped over your enthusiasm.
Beehatch - We'll catch this crooked bird-scammer. :thumb:
kudosgodspeed - Sorta just met but already in bromance with your energy and dedication to the craft.
Punksdead - First person I met who would talk with me frankly about capcraft and a great source of inspiration. :)
Dustinhxc - Genuine fan and I hope he knows I have not forgotten my promise.
Badwrench - Has offered me a bunch of things I simply can't accept!  Well not all of them anyway.  Thanks for the birthday gift.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 September 2015, 09:33:04 by Binge »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #175 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 00:52:40 »
I also have a huge bromance with KudosGodspeed  :-*
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Bomble

« Reply #176 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 03:52:52 »
I also think I'll throw in a vote for  Vespersaint, he makes some great youtube videos and takes great photos, and every single one of his posts is so damn positive!

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #177 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 10:26:55 »
I'd like to nominate ImpendingxDoom.

He attended the meetup here in AZ that I missed out on and a few days later made the time to meet with me.

It was my first meeting outside the forum pages and it was really great. Talking keyboards with someone else
who shares the love of the hobby was a lot of fun. He opened me up to some other boards, layouts, switch types,
and even key profiles I'd yet to type on. He showed me and discussed his process in cap making which was very
interesting and FAR more involved than I had thought. It's always awesome listening to someone explain their
craft, more so when they're good at it.

Being so far from home and taking the extra time to hang out for food, drinks, keyboarding, and shooting the **** in general is definitely a Bro.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #178 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 18:03:36 »
Last day for nominations, guys! :)

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #179 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 18:29:27 »
Coming in to toss in some names.

People listed have been great part of the community, are kind people, and have helped me and/or others in many ways.
They're all equally nominated:

Badwrench - Always a kind person, helping others, and is a pleasure to deal with.
PocketFool - Very kind and thoughtful. Dealt with him and was possibly the best communication and transaction i've had. Very kind, and even went and sent me something extra for a small issue that occurred, that was not a problem for me. Just overall, from the short span of time of dealing with, I've seen he's a great guy and I've changed a few things of my own to be more like him.
ghostjuggernaut - Awesome guy. Always see him around and i've delt with him before and was pleasant the entire time
Signature - Very kind and generous person. Has helped me, and have seen him go out of the way to help others in their time of need.
rowdy - Always a kind person and is the always the Welcome Party when it comes to new members on GH.
CodyEatWorld - Dude...He does A LOT for people. Does a ton of work for CTRL[Alt] and more, and sometimes we seem to forget/dont realize the amount of work he puts in. Great guy.
nickheller
swill
Bunny...
Hoff..
Joey Q..
CPT...
There are plenty of people that have already been mentioned many times.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 September 2015, 21:44:53 by asdfjkl36 »

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 22:25:45 »
I nominate strict as he reached out to me as a newb here and offered me one of my dream caps at cost and if that wasn't bro worthy enough he decides to throw in a CF Check Key for free !!! He is a super awesome guy to talk to has excellent taste in cars,keyboards and keycaps and Is totally a Bro  :thumb: thanks for being you strict Bro

Ill never forget

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #181 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 22:27:29 »
I would like to nominate Melvang.  He does not get enough shout outs and he is always looking for new ways to design and build things for the community. 

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #182 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 22:48:58 »
I would like to nominate SpAmRaY.  Always helpful, positive and generally a stand up guy...

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #183 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 22:52:16 »
I would like to nominate jdcarpe.  He has been super supportive with my builder.swillkb.com project.  Alway constructive, helpful and willing to pass along knowledge based on his experience building plates for people.  The builder is what it is today because of his generosity and support as I was getting that project off the ground.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 23:20:52 »
Good luck everyone.  Thanks again for doing this Bro.  A bro by example.  :)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #185 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 00:24:43 »
Hey guys -

I am heading to bed, so I am going to close this up now. I will go through all of this awesomeness tomorrow, and announce winners ASAP.

Thanks all who have taken their time to nominate those who they feel make a difference in the community <3

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #186 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 20:54:22 »
Winners announced in the OP. I will unlock the thread now :)
So many awesome folks in here. It was tough to choose.

Winners - please send me a PM with your switch type of choice, and your name and shipping address

Thanks again everyone!
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 October 2015, 21:10:52 by Bro Caps »

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #187 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 20:55:55 »
Congrats winners!

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #188 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 20:58:18 »
grats guys!

glad to see that such great people won such nice caps

Offline Belfong

« Reply #189 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 21:02:27 »
Whoa! Btc and Sed!!!! Two of my favorites! Congrats!!!

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Cooler than your average kid ;)
« Reply #190 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 21:08:08 »
YAY NICKHELLER! CONGRATS!!!!

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #191 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 21:08:37 »
Congrats guys and gals. :thumb:

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #192 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 21:14:43 »
Grats winners!

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #193 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 21:16:14 »
All you guys are awesome. Congradulations to the winners. You are all deserving Bros.  :thumb:
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline raymogi

« Reply #194 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 21:18:34 »
Grats all!
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #195 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 21:23:29 »
Congratz guys! excited to see what the mystery caps from Bunny turn out to be!
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline septamber

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #196 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 21:26:35 »
Grats to the winners. You're great bros!  :thumb:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #197 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 21:31:14 »
Congrats to all the winners!!  :D  Great to see such deserving peeps win a contest (which is really the only outcome here I suppose, right?).  ;)

Offline btctopre

« Reply #198 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 21:35:29 »

so uh... hey guys, what's going on in this thread? ;D i'd like to pass my spot on to another person if that's kosher though, i've been fortunate enough as it is lately (i mean come on, i won a tahiti even though odds were like 0.75% :P).

thank you (for real!!!) to those that gave me some love though, your words make me feel mushy chest area. there are so many great bros (in the genderless sense, ofc) in this community that do many helpful/selfless/thankless deeds, and that's what makes it truly special.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #199 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 21:36:26 »
That's very kind of you to pass it on to another, I still think you deserve it, though.  :p