Author Topic: Nominate-A-Bro 3.0  (Read 47751 times)

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
Re: Nominate-A-Bro 3.0
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 12:32:08 »
Lol brocaps, it's just a copypasta which I modded.... It's not my true feelings
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 14:01:12 »
I would nominate Tigersharkdude.

He gave me a turtle shell from eat_the_foods sale because I am trying to start a collection and it's tuff to start with just cash. He also gave away his right to buy a glow in the dark Binge cap after the last sale, and let someone else get it.

All in all a great dude who gives a lot back to this community.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 March 2016, 14:03:06 by GreyAmbience »

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 14:02:38 »
Haven't talked too much with a lot of users, like had a casual conversation or even PM'ed that much. Hopefully will get some IRL friends some day. But these two are the ones I've talked to a bit more and they've been super friendly and helpful to make my "baby" steps into the mechanical keyboard world!

nathanrosspowell

The reason I joined Geekhack. I had already ordered all my parts but still couldn't figure out what layout I wanted to build. I found the Golbat 40% and wanted to know more about the case. GL1TCHED forwarded me to seek answers to nathanrosspowell @ GH. I signed up, found him and sent him a message with a bunch of stupid questions about making a custom 40%, is it a good daily driver etc. He responded to every question with much detail, gave me soldering/programming tricks&tips and really was just a joy to talk to. So thank you nathanrosspowell for everything. You convinced me that there's nothing to be scared from. :)

Joey Quinn

I found his MA42 project and figured that's the layout I want. But well, he made it with a friend and the only way I could get one is to make it myself. I didn't want to "rip off" the layout without asking the maker first so I PM'ed him and well, he was super nice about it. He checked the git repository to see if everything is up-to-date and just helped me to figure out some stuff about the build because it was (and still is) my first build. And I really have to say - MA42 is THE keyboard I wanted. Thank you Joey Quinn for making it and sharing info about it. I really really have to say a big thanks for that so here it is.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline chilldude_22

• Official streetman
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 16:16:14 »
Both of these dudes have already been mentioned, but I wanted to throw some more love their way.

Linkshine

Just a real good dude. Gets me through the workdays with some classic slack convos and helps me with my ridiculous indecision when it comes to building boards. One of my day ones.

E3E

Another dude I love chatting with. Our PM history is about as long as the bible and he helped me sort out a bunch of stuff during my most arduous build ever. Also that hot-swappable alps board he built is just rad.

Offline YMSNoms

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 18:09:50 »
I'd like to nominate Hendyzone, Not only did Hendy go out of their way to get me my Leopold, also sent me stickers months after and Is always up for being badgered about new leopolds for me to buy.
Leopold FC700R
Filco Majestouch-2 Multicamo
Korean FR4-87 Lambo Orange Custom

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 19:35:02 »
Heedpantsnow. He opened his house up to several geekhack members and Hoffman when he was in Florida. I am really happy about our mini meet up at his house and think of it fondly still.

Vespersaint, ccarlitos, and smarmar get honorabro mentions. Everyone knows Hoff is a bro through and through.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 00:43:40 »
I'd like to nominate i3oilermaker and Joey Quinn for their support and hard work which made Synth possible.  What began with an idea and no real hope of it becoming real quickly turned into a great tool and I can only hope they know how much it means to me.

Joey Quinn also let me crash in Chicago when I had no hotel room. <3
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 01:31:22 »
I'd like to nominate my fellow Irc dudes,  nickheller, sth, nichron, Joey (not the Quinn kind) there is more, but I don't remember all the names.

Thanks for making my work hours manageable!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 02:31:39 »
nubbinator

Why? Because he is a cool guy, last year I had some rough time, found out that my father is terminal ill, I had a job in another country and it wasn't what we hoped to be so I was really down... In all that mess he put together an action so I can get a Candy Corn blank CC, one cap I was looking for for a really long time, and I got the cap on December 24. Not getting the cap I was looking for a long time but the gesture of a coplete stranger gave me the strenght to make some changes in my life and although some things can not be changed my life is now back to normal and I feel good again. I will never be able to thank him enough for that gesture. If someone deserves this it is Nubbs  :thumb:
Nubs for President! I'm incredibly touched by this write up!

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 18:15:00 »
nubbinator

Something was bothering me & he made it bother me a whole lot less.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 19:31:44 »
I wanted to toss out some names of some superb bros... please dont be sad if I didn't list you here, I love you.

BunnyLake - Not enough good things can be said about this guy. He has done a lot for the community. And has had my back all day errday.

Hoffmanmyster - This guy.... this guy right here... is the standard on which humans should be based. Always willing to listen, or lend a hand. Also, a very well balanced individual. Geekhack is lucky to have such a person

Ghostjigglyjuggs - A very nice guy. Always willing to help and eager to listen.

VesperSAINT - The epitome of 'bro' right here. I don't have enough space to explain why in this post.

Codyeatworld - this guy makes magic happen. Always there when you need him.

Binge - man, this guy here... we can just talk about transformers all day long. He always goes the extra mile in everything he does. Also, he shares some dope coffee beans.

Scubaste - best gif maker on world. nuff said

Booper - Just an all around awesome person to talk to. Makes super cool things, too!

Cottonsox - this guy just goes out of his way to be super helpful, and always willing to lend an ear

Lurch - Yes Rasta.

Byker - kills me for no reason in GTA

sth - fiercest of horses

ccarlitos2 - we will have chipotle together some day

hipsterpunks/punksdead - cool as ****. <3 vandals

demik - I got u fam

hey... there's a lot more I want to list, and maybe I will later.

<3

« Last Edit: Mon, 28 March 2016, 19:58:43 by Bro Caps »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 21:50:21 »
appreciate all the love :*

stop telling people im nice tho OnO
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 21:54:26 »

You're nice in your own sort of ****ed up way.  :p

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 22:11:45 »
I nominate spamray....oh wait.... :spam:

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 22:40:38 »

It's like you want people to think you're mean when you do **** like gather people up to replace stolen HHKBs.

Maybe it's just because it was a HHKB :P

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 22:54:53 »
Hoff for sure, he's always down to let me crash at his place when I'm driving to and from school and just hangout.

Binge, through the synth project and hanging out on skype we've learned a ton of random stuff about keyboard and keycap design. Without him roping me into the synth project I wouldn't know everything I do and I really appreciate being part of it.

People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 23:27:39 »

It's like you want people to think you're mean when you do **** like gather people up to replace stolen HHKBs.

nah, i just cherish the people i consider friends. and not to sound corny or anything, but this place has legit made me like a ton of people.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 23:37:29 »
Cpt :)

Just because.... he's awesome!
Zine, shoes, boards
they used to have "pen/letter buddy", and cpt is a really good "Whatsapp buddy"
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 23:40:49 »
bocahgundul is legit (as crazy as he may be) and deserves my nomination. Nice guy.

demik on the other hand is a big meanie so he should also be nominated. He keeps making me want a HHKB, that meanie.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 23:58:32 »

Maybe it's just because it was a HHKB :p

nah, i just cherish the people i consider friends. and not to sound corny or anything, but this place has legit made me like a ton of people.

nice mode demik is so cute  :-*

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #120 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 00:00:24 »

me_irl

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 00:21:33 »
Show Image

me_irl

I'm sure it's more like this:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 00:27:09 »
dancing is the one thing you will never ever catch me doing. no matter how many drinks i have in me.

ever.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 01:16:51 »
oh and lurch!!!!!!

Offline dohbot

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 01:29:55 »
Put this off for too long.

My nominations:

Linkshine: Linkshine is such an amazing person. He is always everywhere, every keyboard media outlet and always reachable and answers immediately. He is so fun to hang out with on slack and he is very funny there. Linkshine never really shies away from a question and is always nice to whoever wants him to be. He is definitely a bro!

Skcheng: Without Skcheng, I would never have been able to complete my SloFi Rainbow, he came out of nowhere to surprise me with a rather unfair (for him) offer for some old and hard to come by slofis that are literally the red, yellow, and pink to my slofi rainbow. :)

FLFisherman: Florida man is such a friendly guy. He is always very nice and funny on slack, and he is so helpful. Literally he keeps offering me help on different sales, and he really does care about everyone on Slack. He is great to spend time with and he sure deserves to be nominated!

CCarlitos2: CCarlitos was definitely one of my first friends on GH, one day he just started PMing me after a small history of previous PMs and contact wishing me luck on a HWS sale, and since then, I have been talking to him a lot, but Slack definitely helped a lot with getting to talk to people here!

Scoobs0311: This guy is so great! A while ago, he traded me my absolute favorite slofi, and was so nice about it! I thought that he would abandon me after that as I don't see him around that often, but we have been PMing a lot. He has been such a bro and he definitely deserves to be nominated :)

Jerue: My first GHer on my Buddy List. When I was really new, Jerue was very friendly and nice, he lent me some alps caps to try out some quiet clicks and drew a pretty picture on the envelope for me! Over time we have had some fun together. Definitely a bro!

I think I may have missed a few people and if that is true, I'll circle back and get some new compliments/professions of love for other people.
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 01:41:12 »
CPTBadAss

Found the TactileZine thread and well, I dig some zines so I'll like this one too. Can't wait to get mine. He's super friendly and polite, very responsive when PM'ed and just doing so much creative stuff for and outside the community (yeah I stalk you on the interwebs, dude :D ). You have my full support for whatever you gonna be doing it the future! CPTBadAss for president!
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline jaejae

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 11:43:18 »
I'm pretty new here so I'm not sure how much weight my nomination would have... but I'd like to nominate rotciveel!

He's always been kind to me and really into the artisan world. We exchanged many messages on Slack as he explained to me the different makers and caps and history behind them. He helped me plan out my future mechanical keyboard timeline and even offered to jump start my collection with some caps. More than just keyboards though, we would just chat and he's been a real friend to me as a newbie in the forums. :thumb:

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 11:46:11 »
I'd like to nominate beehatch because she's a female person, who is looking for trades!
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 11:46:45 »
I'd like to nominate beehatch because she's a female person, who is looking for trades!

In a nutshell.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 13:20:07 »

I <3 u 2 demik

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 22:29:05 »
ooo I haven't been able to post in here yettttt T_T

Will make my posts tomorrowwwwww, my lovelies <3

Can't wait to read through all the feels and love ppl be sharing with each other too ~~~

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #131 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 01:57:44 »
Don't know why my first comment was removed, but I nominate Tigersharkdude.

• He gave me a turtleshell made by eat_the_food to help me start my keycap collection.
  • He had a giveaway of a Fugu he got from eat_the_food.
  • He also gave up his chance to buy a GID cap from Binges latest sale, so someone else could.

Pretty awesome dude, who does a lot to support the community.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 07:22:51 »
I nominate skcheng.

I bought some stuff from him and he included a reaper for free. he also randomly sent me a bolt modded ssk by phosphorglow as a gift. super awesome guy.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #133 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 11:24:45 »
Some probably think it's kinda silly how many people are nominating skcheng, but it's for a reason. He's the most generous and trusting person I've met, and no amount of giveaways can come close to matching the things he's done for others on this forum. He's going to get my nomination too.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 11:26:39 »
Some probably think it's kinda silly how many people are nominating skcheng, but it's for a reason. He's the most generous and trusting person I've met, and no amount of giveaways can come close to matching the things he's done for others on this forum. He's going to get my nomination too.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person he hasn't given a cap to... hint hint...  :):P  I kid, I kid.

He is indeed a cool guy.  :)

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 11:34:52 »
I would like to nominate @tym for stepping up and helping out with support.

@n3rdly for being the new kid on the block.

and @rama, his new projects are a breath of fresh air.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 11:41:49 »

@n3rdly for being the new kid on the block.

which one is he?

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 12:00:03 »
Gotta nominate BunnyLake. I know he works with you Bro, but he has been a true bro to me in every way possible. He has always been quick to reply to my PM's. Heck, if it weren't for him I wouldn't have been able to get the reapers I won from the last sale.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #138 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 12:08:20 »
slack has changed the game for me, met some real sweet tarts on there.

flfisherman- because he gives better relationship advice than me

n3rdly- always around to chat with and never gets offeneded
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline scoobs0311

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 13:51:33 »
I would like to nominate Linkshine. I've witnessed him go out of his way on multiple occasions to help new members or less vocal members (including myself) find the parts they are hunting as well as provide valuable advice about trades. He always responds to my pm's and is generally fun to chat with! Such a Bro!

Offline scoobs0311

« Reply #140 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 13:52:26 »
I would also like to nominate Dohbot. Though our friendship was born via a trade discussion, it only took a few messages for me to realize how incredibly nice he is. Dude went to great lengths to help me out and was very patient with me while I was being lame and indecisive. We've been communicating more and more, recently, and I'm very thankful to have the Master Sloth as my friend :D

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 14:07:28 »
sent - always down to talk and a true bro. He is willing to talk or lend a hand without ever asking for anything in return. He is also extremely generous, and wiling to help out a friend. I always enjoy our conversations.

jwaz/hashbaz - these two senior mods don't necessarily spend a lot of time posting on geekhack anymore, however they do a lot of behind the scenes work to ensure geekhack is a positive community. I don't think a lot of users realize what goes on behind the scenes!

vesperSAINT/trizkut/ghostjuggernaut - all true bros who I have a good time with. We talk a lot and have some good gaming sessions too. All are extremely generous as well, always down to help out a friend.

dgneo - although I haven't talked with him much, he has a good taste in keyboards + music, and always has a positive vibe on the forum.

Offline dohbot

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 15:04:56 »
I would also like to nominate Dohbot. Though our friendship was born via a trade discussion, it only took a few messages for me to realize how incredibly nice he is. Dude went to great lengths to help me out and was very patient with me while I was being lame and indecisive. We've been communicating more and more, recently, and I'm very thankful to have the Master Sloth as my friend :D
That's so nice! :)
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 15:26:20 »
Byker - first bro I met on the forums and a super nice guy. Has done me well on too many occasions to count. Thankful to be able to call him a friend.

Bro Caps - total bro. Got to know him last fall and he listens to my bs all the time. He even had his V2 caps named after his bro-ness.

BunnyLake - the kindest person I have met so far on geekhack. He goes out of his way to help people within the community. He has stepped in on many "projects" and helped members out when needed. Wish there were more people like bunny in the world.

Codyeatworld - I approached him with questions about CMYK and he offered to setup a site for me to use. He never asked for a dime and has been putting up with me since. He is doing some really awesome stuff for our community behind the scenes.

Clacktalk/frunk/franktar/etc. - always able to brighten the mood no matter how ****ty it is. Great dude to chat with on just about any subject. He also came back to HHKB.

Vespbro - this guy. Total epitome of what a bro is. Will always take time to chat no matter what it's about. He genuinely cares about so much, and puts effort into everything he does. Even if that is spending countless hours learning to drive and shoot better in GTA.

Asdfjkl36 - dude straight spoiled me during secret Santa. Also very kind and great guy to talk to.

Cottonsox- this guy. So much this guy. Takes bro to a new level.

In addition, baldgye, tym, hipsterpunks, sent, radio_killah, Meiosis, jerue, bevo, slickmamba, billnye, photek, are all good people and I'm happy to have been able to get to know them. Some had been short, some ongoing, and some gave me a headache, but they are all capable Bros for sure.

I missed people, I know. I have met so many awesome people on geekhack, and it wold take a long time to list it all out.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 March 2016, 15:30:47 by ghostjuggernaut »

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 22:21:58 »
                                                                                                 riotonthebay

This guy helped me out many times now. when toxic was running, I won a couple of brobots with my order and he helped pay for my Bros, he just recently is sending me something super secret OuO...Looking past the things he's done for me, he donated a **** ton of caps to help pay for Destiny's Treatment, been plently nice to pretty much everyone on the forum. <3

btctopre
Btc been an overall great dude since he's been around, he's given away quite a lot of stuff to people who don't have any artisans, and he deserves to get something back.  :-*

I've been around longer than some of the best members on here and I've only done a modicum of stuff for the community. Sorry guise.

I like you too demik.  :-*

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #145 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 05:08:19 »
Heyos, bb's <3

I would like to start out by saying that I would like to thank, from the bottom of my heart, those who have mentioned me. I have been rather inactive recently because of a few life changes, but to still be thought of in such a positive light, I am truly grateful that I have such amazing friends in this great community. This reminds me that I really am privileged to be considered a friend by you, absolutely beautiful people <3

As of recent, there seems to have been a small negative shift in the tone and mood of the community because of a number of unfortunate events, and I'm always thankful to Bro for swooping in with these threads to save the day. I can't express how happy it makes me to see these adorable posts by everyone <3 I hope this thread will help shed more joyous light on the other threads on this forum. Let's not forget, my baes, that Geekhack is first and foremost a place where we all gather to share a common love and hobby.

Thanks again, Bro <3, for giving us the opportunity to openly share our love for each other. Hehe ~ <3 You are the bestest :3

There will be a rather redundant theme throughout my posts for many of the people I want to mention, but it's because they are all so similarly amazing and generous people <3 No specific order, baes ~

INB4 - TOO MANY <3's & TL;DR

I WILL TRY MY BEST TO FINISH THIS IN THE 10,000 CHARACTERS PER POST LIMIT

switchnollie - It has been an ABSOLUTE joy and pleasure for me getting to know you. I'm so grateful to have gotten to know you, my bae <3 Being able to share our common interests and taste for things, every interaction with you has been a strengthening experience for what I already love and also for new things. You also provided me with opportunities to improve my creative abilities ~ hehe ~ <3 You are the Sleever Supremus! Best sleeves NA ;) ( samus x satsuki )

byker - Dis Canadian is my breh from another muddah <3 Topre may have brought us together, but what holds us together is something unexplainable. I'm so glad to know you, mang. We seriously can just talk about anything. I'm just happy to share anything with each other. Is this what they call love? *blush* We should praise h3h3 for further strengthening our love huehue <3 Topre is 4eva. Purple is life. You will experience doubt and temptation with the new MX, but nevafohgetdacuprubber.

trizkut - This dood will legit just rekt and sheeit all over me, but I end up just loving him more for it <3 We have always interacted here and there on GH since he joined but it was only recently that we actually started to talk, and I'm just glad it happened sooner than later :3 From our loooong-ass late night gaming sessions to just laughing at stupid stuff online, it's always a blast. Thanks for just chilling with me all the time, mang. It really means a lot to me. Really. <3 u mang. Don't fight it. Just let it happen :-*

ghostjuggernaut - Ma Burrito Gang bruddah (aka ghostjigglyjugs) <3 LOL! LOW BLOW ON ATTACKING MY DRIVING SKILLS IN GTA! I seriously owe so much to you for many reasons. You have always been so kind and generous to me, and always greeted me with the most positive moods. Talking to you is always a joy because you're always positively reinforcing me. Also, that GPU was something you would have given away anyway, but to me it was the first step towards my PC upgrade T_T I even enjoyed the 2 wild months of RMA'ing because you were always checking up on me <3 Literally, Mod of the Year, amirite?

billnye - This upstanding gentleman is a great example of what the younger generation of GH should be based on. Not only did he begin out on this community by taking over a failed groupbuy and standing it back on its legs, he has always been kind and honest. I hope you'll continue to stay with us even after you go to college T_T

asdfjkl36 - This man right here is also a man of no limits when it comes to kindess T_T I'm sure many of you already know but this guy right here is so giving, it's crazy <3 Whenever I see something good happening to you, it always brings a smile to my face and I nod to myself thinking, "yup ~ deserved and more <3"

baldgye - MGS MGS MGS MGS MGS SOLID SNAKE WAS BETTER THAN BIG BOSS MGS MGS MGS BOSSSSSSS <3 In all seriousness tho, I love you, mang. I enjoy every fanboy conversation we have, and I hope that we will continue to argue about these things, or just agree with everything. DIDJU-RIKE-EET.

punksdead - Bruh, when will I get my semen recipe book? Lol. Jkjkjk <3 What more needs to be said but I'd move to Clearwater with you so we can take over the Scientology scene. If that ain't true romance, I don't know what is, my love.

jokrik - My love, oh ~ how I cherish you. To me, you have always given me the vibe of an older brother (I may even be older??? Haha~). I don't know what it is, but that's the closest way of describing it. Hehe <3 Thank you for always hitting me up via PM and just starting everyday conversations with me. To you, they may seem like basic conversations, but I really do appreciate them. Also, that major candy loot you sent me was seriously the best surprise package <3

lxxxix - My local T-town brotherrr <3 This guy is a true bro. In the handful of times we've gotten together, we have discussed SO MANY things with great enthusiasm. I really cherish our conversations, man, whether it be about keyboards, GH, or anime. I really do feel like I lose track of time when we're chatting away :) Our Saturday/Sunday dates are love <3

riotonthebay - My Gainesville brother from another motherrrrr ~ Why we never meet?! Hehe~ JK. The help that you've provided me and your eagerness to help is what makes you a tru bro. I really appreciate all the things, mane. ALL DA THINGS. Hopefully, I'll get to see you if you ever come down to good ol' flouda :P

zeal - Master Zealio is top Canada. Most people know him for his professionalism and business but he is legit a Bro behind the scenes. The amount of laughs we can have just through Counter Strike bots alone is plain wrong. LOLLLL! I miss playing with you, mang <3

katushkin - hehe ~ I may do some design work, but the one you should REALLY thank is switchnollie! He is the True Ultimate Master Sensei Dankmeister Sleever Supremus who makes all the magic happen! I am but a mere peon who does his biddings. Hehehe <3 Thank you for the kind words tho. You say such kind things but you fail to mention how awesome you are! With the KotM threads to running the livestreams, you are a truly essential factor to GH. I'm so glad we have you ~ Thank youuu.

binge - Yooo dood. This guy right hurr. His aura is always that of happiness and positiveness. Aside from the fact that he's an absolutely spectacular artisan, he tops it off by being an A+ grade bestest lad. Every time he messages me, I am brought to a smile even before I've read what he wrote, and find myself ecstatically typing a message back to him after I'm done confirming his message was that of joy. Thank you for being such an awesome guy, Binge. I love talking to you. Green Curry x Bullets Team <3

belfong - My brother from Malaysia, I heart you, mang. Even though we don't converse often (because of timezone), whenever we do, it is always of the utmost A+ bro-dood status. I seriously enjoy occasional interactions. Whenever you respond to my stuff or mention me, I seriously jump for joy. You don't even know *blush* <3

apocalypsemaow - Even though we don't get to talk as often because you're so busy, I always appreciate you, bb <3 Your passion for the hobby, yet constant bad luck is the ultimate tragic story of GH. HUEHUE ~ Jokes aside, this man is also one of the titans of generosity and is always ready to lend a ear or just play a couple rounds of games with you. I appreciate you, mane.

hoffman - Yo mang, why you gotta be such a nice guy, huh?! Hehe ~ I think Bro said it best when he said hoffman is the standard which all humans should be based. This really couldn't be more true. This gentle giant (giggle) is the epitome of a.. well a gentle... giant. I don't know what it is, but I just love teasing this man <3 You are truly a role model to me. Your approach to everything and anything is always a lesson to me. Thank you for being my friend and teacher. Hehe ~ I also really cherish your drunk texts ;) Next time, "accidentally" send me your nudes, and don't "accidentally" send me pics of halverson's nipples instead... or just send both :D

sent - Sent has always been such an amazing person to me. He has always gone out of his way to talk to me about serious life matters, and discuss subject matters that can be difficult to talk about. I really do appreciate these talks and means much to me. If not this, it's our constant talk of love for girls and pretty keycaps and keyboards muahehehe ~ You've been so busy lately!! Come back to me, bae. I miss youu T_T

mobbo - My friend, I'm so grateful to slack for having brought us together :3 I would have missed out on such a quality friend ~ From sharing our love for weeab stuff to just straight up having laughs on Slack, I'm just glad that you and I met ;) I look forward to getting to know you better ~

photekq - I have known this lad for a very very long time now, and I've watched him grow for (both) the better and worse. LOLDONGZ! Many people may know him as the local GH Cherry whiz, or intidimated for the same exact reason (and some others lol...), but he really is just another GH'er whose love for keyboards is near unparalleled. His enthusiasm for sharing knowledge on thing is really an essential piece to GH. I always respect your knowledge but also like to watch you grow. So please, Shrek, less phat ogre ****es ;) Huehuehu ~

zanduby - Hehehe ~ You are most definitely welcome, buddy <3 Don't hesitate to ask me for more stuff, or just hit me up if you ever want to discuss more weeabz stuff. You know I'm more than happy to :3 I'm glad I met you, m8.

danielucf - Thankies for the honorabro mention, yo. I was so happy to finally meet you! We are all so close yet so farrr. Heh. Hopefully, I'll get to taste your home brews another day *drool*

heedspantsnow - This dood sir is legit one the kindest members I've had the privilege of meeting in person. Not only did his family open their beautiful home to us, he also offered us amazing food and coffee. Many may see this as a simple and common thing but he provided us with a truly unforgettable and amazing experience. Thank you again and again, good sir <3

clacktalk - Yo Frunk, you another HHKB yet? Talk to me when you HHKB again ;) <3

Gosh dangit... I passed the 10,000 character limit per post so I gotta split the post... -_-;;
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 March 2016, 12:12:43 by VesperSAINT »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #146 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 05:08:49 »

Part 2 - R.I.P. Don't hate me... it's not my fault... it's ya'lls fault for being such amazing people that I couldn't stop typing for the past 3 hours, and now it's 5:32 AM as I type this...

Bro Caps... Must I say more?! Hehe ~ Many know Bro as the ultimate figure he is on GH (and rightfully so ~ he's so dank af hue), and think of him as an unnapproachable figure, or as an "artisan". But what many tend to forget is ~ Bro is, more than anything, just what his name states: A TRUE BRO MANG DOOD OF ALL TIME! Hehe ~ He is seriously the most simultaneously passionate and chill person I know on GH (may seem like a contradiction hue), and he is always working super hard to provide only the best experiences and items. He really really really cares about wanting to give everyone what they want, and even more on top of that, to as many people as possible. On top of that, he is also super generous and giving in so many ways. Keep making your moves, my Bro <3 There are even times when I really wish people would be more empathetic towards Bro, and while I'm at it, I'd like to mention my baes, BunnyLake and codyeatsworld. BunnyLake, this grandest sir, right here, is seriously one of the most generous people I know (if not, most). EVER. His kindness really knows no boundaries. Maybe it's because I've known him since he joined GH but I can't even count the amount of times he has just shared and given things to so many people without asking for anything in return. Not only this, he goes out of his way to read and take to mind what everyone says. codyeatsworld, this dank doodman is always working towards the next coolest thing, and they always end up being the coolest things ~ I have only recently been able to get to know cody more, but I never realized how much stuff he has going on. I never was able to appreciate the amount of work he puts into everything, so that everything is up and running smoothly. You are a true master, good sir. I'm so glad I've gotten know you better, and hope to know you betterrrr <3     

I realize that I've clumped these amazing three gentlemen, but it's because, sometimes, we forget these amazing doodbaes are also just regular Joes who just want to share their passion and love with everyone. They are just normal people too. They may sometimes falter here and there, but they will always deliver in the end. I promise you, these guys really are trying their best all the time. I appreciate you. We appreciate you :3

Okay... so I realize I've written over 2,000 words... If you actually read everything I posted, I'm sorry for the loooong babbling :P I haven't posted much lately and I guess all of it is just flooding out. Teehee ~ If I didn't mention you, it's not that I don't love you!!! It's just that it's 6 AM, and you realize that my brain is the dead after writing this loooooooooooong post. Lol ~ You know I <3 youz ~ Who knows... there might be a Part III ;P ... I hope not -_-;;

~ vpsert out <3

« Last Edit: Thu, 31 March 2016, 05:45:46 by VesperSAINT »

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #147 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 06:24:08 »
How does one even follow that act?  I don't even know who this vpsert guy is, but from that post alone shows just how much of a bro he is.
(https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68572.0 remains one of my favorite threads on GH, broken .gifs and all)

A couple of noms from me..

byker - it's been a real treat getting to know you a bit better over the past couple of months.  The games are fun too, at least until vesper ****s up and we wipe  >:D :))

1swt2gs - Don't know you too well, but you shot me a PM out of the blue asking about my favorite switch/board/cap and some genuine questions about the secondhand market.  While disappointed with the situation, you came across as very patient and willing to chat (even though I didn't do a very good job of maintaining correspondence).  You hit me up a few months later on Slack to talk shibez, and I very much enjoyed that chat as well.  I hope you manage to get an MX stump and reaper v1 soon  :thumb:!

sed8op8 - You may not be active as much anymore (though I suspect we'll catch more glimpses of you with the return of the Mummy!), but definitely a true bro.  Always down to bombard you with paragraphs of pure enthusiasm in PMs, and always putting out feelers to hook up a friend.  There's so many awesome caps I doubt I would even have had access to if it wasn't for you, so once again, thank you for that. =]

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 12:35:28 »
I nominate VesperSAINT for being the one guy cool enough to not get me radgey while :

• Using ~'s in posts
  • Using K-On and other assorted weaboo gifs in posts to such a degree that he has made my phone crash on multiple occasions
  • Writing 10,000 character posts, and doing so in the fashion of an anime character
  • Calling me Shrek or Steve Buscemi on an almost daily basis
  • Referring to my home as a Shrek Shack, and to Wales as a swamp

Considering the degree to which I have a blind hatred towards all of those actions; I'd say he's a pretty cool guy. He's also the one person other than my mum that can get away with referring to me as "my love". His posts are incredibly well thought out; so much so that I have a unique and special reaction to them.

I mean, really, if I had to come up with a list of my favourite things in the world it would be :

• VesperSAINT
  • Boku No Pico
  • Bible Black

The fact that he trumps those two things speaks volumes about him as a person, truly.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 March 2016, 13:25:30 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #149 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 12:53:02 »

vpsert here ~ you dun deedz it nao, m8. I necro'd eeet... by accident.

Let's be real here, Mr. Buscemi of the swamp shack, Boku No Pico and Bible Black trumps anything. Both are essential factors to a healthy childhood... lol.