Author Topic: An Update For You  (Read 33672 times)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
An Update For You
« on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:20:23 »
It has been a while since I updated you super peeps, so I wanted to share some info. (Caution: lots-o-text!)

On sales and shipping -

You may have noticed that in recent sales, shipping has been slower than in past sales. Why is that? Well, you may have also noticed that nearly all of you that have entered the sale, have won something. I am very proud to say that gone are the days of 'but Bro doesn't produce enough....'. I feel that I am able to mostly supply the demand. But this comes at a cost. While I do have the help of MomCaps, it's still a two-person operation. I also have a full-time job, a family and other responsibilities. So I hope you will understand when I tell you that we are shipping just as fast as we possibly can. You will definitely get your stuff, no worries there. And as always, I appreciate your support and continued patience :)

On the product front -

Since V2 was discontinued as a primary product, there has been a long period of personal artistic growth for me. I have experimented with multiple types of sculpts and designs. And while I have had a lot of fun doing those projects, it's time to get back to the 'less is more' philosophy of design. To answer the question that everyone has been asking; yes, BroBot will be coming back. And it will definitely maintain the core aesthetic value that many of you have appreciated. So I promise that I will bring back your favorite design, in an updated form. BroBot is also a main part of the 'B.R.O.' story, so plan on seeing a lot of new things.

'Too many reapers!'

I agree completely. To explain this better, there first was 'OG' Reaper. I think this was by far, the favorite design of most of my fans. It was simple, and sat well and comfortably on a keyboard. I plan to revisit this design, and maintain the same aesthetic value that you appreciated about the original. 'Reaper 2' - I want to continue the 'B.R.O.' story line, and the Reaper is a big part of it, so that will still exist in a new design coming up, but will not be referred to as 'Reaper'. As for the 'Reaper Classic' - I am happy with this design, but there are a few things I would want to change, such as the height and angle. But then this puts us back towards the 'OG' design. So I would definitely like to hear your constructive feedback on how you guys feel about that.

'What happened to Ribbit II?'

I hated it. I am sorry I showed it off, but I went back several times and realized I just wasn't happy at all with the design. It is definitely going to happen, but only when I am 100% happy with it. This has happened with several designs I have done in the past, in where I might show off a design, but you never actually see it come to fruition. On the opposite side of that - there have been designs I released that I wasn't happy with either. I am looking to keep that from happening again in the future. Because if I am not happy with a design, I can't expect you to be, either.

Stump II

I have had some very positive feedback about the new Stump design. And plan to take a similar direction with Ribbit II. This is getting back to really having fun with character design again.

'Gamer Sets'

I have been working on a new design for gamer sets, but would like to hear any feedback you have about the current design. I definitely want to keep it simple, as I have with the current design. 'Gamer' labeled products do not need to be horribly gaudy :)

So are you getting the promised 100% increased headshots, FPS, rank and kill ratio? Let me know...

In general

Any other feedback you have, I will try to answer as best I can. I really do listen, whether you are aware of that or not. I am definitely a part of the community, and I listen to your concerns and ideas. While sometimes I just can't respond to PM's or on slack, I try to get back to you guys as much as possible.

So in short, thank you again for your support and inspiration to continue doing this. I really have been blessed to have such an amazing bunch of fans of my work. Please keep being awesome, and making this community great :)

-Bro
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 December 2016, 19:17:47 by Bro Caps »

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
Re: An Update For You
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:24:40 »
even if you only made bro v2s forever everyone would be happy

do your thing
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:25:18 »
Thanks for the update. :thumb:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:27:30 »
I agree with the height of the Reaper Classic. I loved it when you first showed it off, but after seeing it on some boards it tended to overpower some of the caps around it, especially lower-height caps like Cherry, Gateron, etc.

As for Reaper v2, I'm totally satisfied with it and dunno how the "OG" Reaper could be refined. I think skulls are cool and a staple of artisan design, but I'd like to see less of it in the future. Just my personal opinion.

Ribbt v2, please. At first I thought it looked too much like a bath toy, but then realized it looked exactly like a bath toy and it grew quickly on me. Excited for the redesign.

Stump v2 is perfect. The first wasn't a favorite of mine, but v2 instantly became one I wanted badly.

Gamer sets are cool, and I'd like a set, but not for gaming. I'd use it more for homing the arrow keys I have programmed on my 60%.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:27:32 »
Thanks for your input.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline btctopre

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:27:59 »
'Reaper Classic' - I would want to change the height
-btc

edit- also brofist cap++
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:31:46 by btctopre »

Offline litesung

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:28:10 »
Looking forward to the new products!

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:28:46 »
Get back to work  :-*
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:31:22 »
Exciting news on those new designs and the return of v2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:36:07 »
To answer the question that everyone has been asking; yes, BroBot will be coming back.

Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:36:21 »
Also, do you still plan on having gamer sets regularly stocked in your store? Been searching for one without luck for the longest time ):
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:36:25 »
while i agree the reaper classic is pretty tall, it looks right at home on IBM boards

super excited for the next brobot installment too!

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:37:44 »
I still down own a gamer set but one day for nome l33t headzhots.  Lookin forward te what you bring. Your glow in the dark shirt rocks at parties. Can we get one with a big glow reaper on the back?
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:39:11 »
to be the greatest collector

i will catch them all

look for me
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:48:12 »
I will be sitting here waiting for the bastioncap ;)

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:51:03 »
Do your thing bro, looking forward to your future works  :thumb:

P.S. Can't wait for that starcluster MOBA gamer set

Offline joey

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:54:35 »
I hope to see the brofist cap in the future :thumb:

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 11:55:09 »
Bro lied the real reason he's been shipping slower is he has to kick me every few minutes, sorry people who won :))
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Redeemd

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 12:14:26 »
Appreciate the update!

Offline vito687

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 12:16:52 »
Awesome update , excited to see what's new

Offline Lokomotivet

• (⌐■_■)
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 12:20:10 »
Reaper Classic is perfect IMO and the Gamer set really does improves your skillz, I wouldn't change anything to them.
Proof:
| ISO |

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 12:20:18 »
don't forget UMAD, homie!!  :-*
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline ika

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 12:21:30 »
If I could just put in a suggestion for the gamer sets, since Overwatch is a thing now, I would like to see gamer sets include all of qwerasdf. I recognize this probably decreases the chances of me getting one due to the increased production requirements, but I think it's worth putting out there.

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 12:36:12 »
Some designs are timeless and don't need to be changed. I think most people would agree that the BBV2 and original reapers fall into that category. If you want to make new stuff and add it on to your artistic profile by all means please do. But for myself and I'm sure many others, it seems silly to mess with a design that doesn't need messing with.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 12:41:45 »
Some designs are timeless and don't need to be changed. I think most people would agree that the BBV2 and original reapers fall into that category. If you want to make new stuff and add it on to your artistic profile by all means please do. But for myself and I'm sure many others, it seems silly to mess with a design that doesn't need messing with.

He's the artist and will do what he wants lol.

He shouldn't have to curb his artistic direction for what you want.

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
An Update For You
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 12:45:22 »

I am by no means trying to tell BRO what to do nor to curb his artistic direction. He's openly asking for feedback and I'm giving my opinion.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 12:50:16 »

I am by no means trying to tell BRO what to do nor to curb his artistic direction. He's openly asking for feedback and I'm giving my opinion.

That's fair.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 12:51:31 »
If I could just put in a suggestion for the gamer sets, since Overwatch is a thing now, I would like to see gamer sets include all of qwerasdf. I recognize this probably decreases the chances of me getting one due to the increased production requirements, but I think it's worth putting out there.

I agree with the QWERASDF, plus there won't be the need to have two different sets.

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 13:12:38 »
Do your thing bro, looking forward to your future works  :thumb:

P.S. Can't wait for that starcluster MOBA gamer set

How much do ya think you could flip it for on MM?

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 13:18:57 »
As someone who never got the chance to get a BBv1 or BBv2 from a Bro Sale, the idea of the Bro Bot coming back is the most exciting news here to me!  I really like that you are coming to the community here and trying to get feedback, but the only thing I would have is what you already have acknowledged in regards to the height of the Classic Reapers.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 13:51:44 »
So, will we see The Rustler again?
No wins for me yet so I can't trade, and nobody is selling theirs ..
waiting patiently for v2.
 :p

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 13:55:27 »
So, will we see The Rustler again?
No wins for me yet so I can't trade, and nobody is selling theirs ..
waiting patiently for v2.
 :p

The first sale was batch one of two.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 15:01:27 »

I agree with the QWERASDF, plus there won't be the need to have two different sets.

I don't think this should be a thing.

Then you'll have ppl like me that only play one type of game paying for keys we don't need which just gives Bro extra work.
Unless everyone here plays both types - .-

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 15:04:32 »
Thanks for the update.

V2's forever  ;D   I look forward to seeing what you have coming next with this design.

As for the Reaper classic.  I really like them, but if I could change one thing it would of course be the height.  They are way taller then my Cherry profile caps.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 15:10:20 »
Wonderful to hear about the BroBots returning. Weren't in the game when they were made/sold so that's definitely great news for me! About the Reaper Classic - still haven't received mine but by looking at other people photos it looks quite tall. At least the MX version. The height is a bit too much so I back you about the decision to rework Classics design.
Regarding Stump v2 - He's fantastic! We love it.

Thanks Bro for the update and take all the time you need to do the stuff you want. I respect you for what you've done as an artisan & for this community as a whole.

Sincerely,
funderburker
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 16:17:07 »
agreed on the classic, love the design, but the height kills me. a shorter classic would be really really amazing.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 18:22:08 »

The first sale was batch one of two.

Yeah, I know - I forgot "when"  ;D

So the question actually was:
when will we see The Rustler again?

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 19:48:09 »
Can confirm, current gamer set helps me get kills in gta

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 20:05:03 »
Can confirm, current gamer set helps me kill my friends better in gta

ftfy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 21:52:17 »
Reaper Classic fits very well on BS keyboards.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline DukeMugen

• +1
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 21:55:45 »

YES. exactly what im thinking. FPS and MOBA combined.
something like this format without the numbers to make it less expensive.
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

let me check my wallet.

Offline hkf

• your #1 fan
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 22:04:15 »

cmon man, we've been over this. solution is to get 4 gamer sets. :D

Offline rurushu

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 22:17:39 »
BBv2: the news of it returning is certainly exciting as I myself is one of the many that has yet to get one.

OG Reaper/ Reaper v1: Arguably my most favourite design by you, and am glad that they will not be forgotten. Its design is just simple and pleasing and can fit in most boards easily.

Reaper Classics: Agreed that the current design is good enough, to be honest I was not every impressed by them when you first introduced them officially in the Reapers and Gamer sales as they look kind of "dull" to me. But when you unveiled them for the 420 sale, I instantly realized that they looked dull to me initially is due to the colorway and not the design itself. The Jungle Love and Lifted ones are just amazing, minus those from the All the Things sale which I had sadly missed. Heck, among your three Reaper designs, to me is OG Reaper > Reaper Classics > Reaper v2

Ribbit: The v1 design is very cute and maybe because of that, it has grow on me, but new design is always exciting and am looking forward to its unveiling!

Last but not least, thanks for the update Bro, definitely looking forward to your new designs and future plans!  :)

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 22:20:15 »
candy

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 23:42:49 »
Thanks for tbe update :)

Would be stoked to be able to get a V1 Reaper :cool:

Rama & I would recommend making a Money Face keycap :rolleyes:

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 00:30:13 »
so classic reaper is finally getting that much needed circumcision? I'm down  :thumb:

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 00:42:15 »
I actually liked the new ribbit design but will look forward to its revision.

I think the change of angling on the reaper classic will definitely be an improvement. Having it angled so it faces the user a bit more would be a welcomed change.

Offline willidiots

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 01:54:33 »
Bro caps are truly art!  This will be known as the "Reaper Period" in the future Bro Museum  :D

That said, as somebody who never managed to get a BB or BBv2, excited for what's next!
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 May 2016, 01:56:12 by willidiots »

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 02:00:11 »
Excited to hear that people will get a chance at the v2 again. It's a beautiful design.

The classic reaper isn't that bad on Topre boards, but it does tower over anything Cherry profile. It truly towers over Grumpkins, Lycans, Rustlers, etc. when placed next to them.

Ribbit v1 was intoxicatingly cute. v2 had a kid's bath toy feel to it.

I truly, madly and deeply wish the Bro logo caps were available.

Each time I see it, I keep thinking one cap can mean so much. Craftsmanship, imagination brought to life, camaraderie, community ... Bro-ship :D

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 02:21:14 »
I read it again and still can't find anything on the new egg-face caps  :eek:

I'm sure I just overlooked it.

Offline ika

« Reply #50 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 02:29:26 »

cmon man, we've been over this. solution is to get 4 gamer sets. :D
Been trying my damndest, can't even get one :(

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 04:40:40 »
Excited to hear that people will get a chance at the v2 again. It's a beautiful design.

The classic reaper isn't that bad on Topre boards, but it does tower over anything Cherry profile. It truly towers over Grumpkins, Lycans, Rustlers, etc. when placed next to them.

Ribbit v1 was intoxicatingly cute. v2 had a kid's bath toy feel to it.

I truly, madly and deeply wish the Bro logo caps were available.

Show Image

Each time I see it, I keep thinking one cap can mean so much. Craftsmanship, imagination brought to life, camaraderie, community ... Bro-ship :D

I am definitely looking to actually do a run of the bro fist caps eventually. I had plans to do them quite a bit ago, but some other things came up. Stay tuned :)

Offline jaffers

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 05:32:13 »
I find the main issue with your caps is not the quality but the size. They are very big and as someone (like most people here I'd assume) who uses cherry profile, they stand out a lot. The brobot would be perfect in my opinion if it was the same size as cherry profile caps.

And as far as design and art work go, I think the simple designs are the best. i.e. Brobot and clack are extremely popular because they are A E S T H E T I Cally pleasing and simple.

Great to hear that you are taking in community feedback :D

Offline Jedi

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 06:52:57 »
Won my first BS with the 420 sale and can't say enuff. Bro and Ctrlalt are the shizness. All in and excited for what's to come. Sriusly, can't have enuff bro, it's why we're in therapy. 

Offline graefeln

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 07:09:04 »
I am definitely looking to actually do a run of the bro fist caps eventually. I had plans to do them quite a bit ago, but some other things came up. Stay tuned :)

Super looking forward to this - hoping for maybe a 'set' (left/right fist) to surround my number row!
Always been a fan of the quality of your work, even if not the design - but the fist really seems to be a cap I can get behind. I like the 'simple' designs and am happy to see you talking about going back towards that direction; as much as I like the look of my lycan, I just can't get behind the feel of it.
Of your newest designs, the Stump II looks like something I may want though...

Offline terminallytrill

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 20:30:50 »
I've been waiting on my 420 shipment.. I'm happy to wait with this reasoning. I like the idea of going back to more simple designs. I really like my reaper v2s and cherokeys but I'm excited to see some designs that are more low-key.

Offline Otesanek

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 21:46:21 »
I read it again and still can't find anything on the new egg-face caps  :eek:

I'm sure I just overlooked it.

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 08:16:25 »
Going back to the less is more saying. I personally don't think theres anything you need to change or improve in on the gamer caps. Its just a tactile keycap to have ur fingers know ur on which ever key you place it. I hope these go avaliable soon just as a store item and not a sale or raffle. Also, ribbit 1 is great as is just like all ur designs. You don't always need to change and make new. The orginal stuff is why we are here in the first place

Most importantly im sure we are all most excited about the v2 coming back.

Offline Sissy

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 08:37:10 »
More brobots always welcome on my board. Lucky enough to get one and love their design
Always great to see the new colors and designs you come up with

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 13:15:27 »
so classic reaper is finally getting that much needed circumcision? I'm down  :thumb:

You disgust me
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 18:07:55 »
Bro, I love all of your designs. Some more than others, but they're all great. I'm definitely very happy to see the Bro Bot coming back, as I think everyone is.

I completely understand the longer ship times, but do you have an idea when the 420 sale will finish shipping?

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 22:38:58 »
I absolutely love the design of the Reaper Classic, if the height issue is fixed and it sits at the same height as stock Topre caps they'd give the v1 a run for its money IMO. Excited to see the v2 redesign!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 05:32:49 »
I absolutely love the design of the Reaper Classic, if the height issue is fixed and it sits at the same height as stock Topre caps they'd give the v1 a run for its money IMO. Excited to see the v2 redesign!

Nothing wrong with the height.

You must not be using a buckling spring keyboard :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 15:35:58 »

What is your daily driver rowdy?

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 18:12:09 »
Thanks for the updates Bro. It's nice to at least see into someone's artistic process and what it takes/what the thought is going forward on developing more caps. :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 21:43:46 »

What is your daily driver rowdy?

At work CODE TKL with MX clears.

At home currently NEC APC-H4100E, but usually alternating between HHKB Pro 2 during the week and SSK at weekends.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 21:57:05 »
I HAVE BEEN UPDATED

TY
I love Elzy

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 22:06:41 »

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 23:32:10 »

I don't think this should be a thing.

Then you'll have ppl like me that only play one type of game paying for keys we don't need which just gives Bro extra work.
Unless everyone here plays both types - .-
I just used a moba set as wasd.  It felt a bit off but now is okay.
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 01:57:02 »
DSA gamer set that matches Deep Space maybe? :rolleyes:

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 04:14:58 »
Nice to hear V2 will be back, design is just solid. I'm really fond of the Classic Reaper compared to the other incarnations. No lower jaw nestled in its hooded cove. My nostalgia levels for Shadowgate shoots way out.  :)

As for gamer sets, I'm personally more into WASD+1 (esc, del/ins, etc.). If anybody wants a gamer for arrow keys well, WASD cluster should be fine (albeit different row profile is not a biggy). MOBA sets though, I dont really see the point personally. They require more caps, getting lost between number+QWERTY is pretty hard, each key having the same texture IMO doesnt really aid spell selection (MOBAs=right time, right spell) also spells have cooldowns (no real need for rapid firew/grip) :S
If only G20's were more prevalent keys could be made with the same profile and just sell them per single :D
Just my 2 cents, but keep on doin you man  :thumb:

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 18:34:58 »
do you have an idea when the 420 sale will finish shipping?

Looking to hopefully have all shipping completed this week. Will update if that changes :)

Offline IMBoddy

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 18:47:58 »
Nice to hear V2 will be back, design is just solid. I'm really fond of the Classic Reaper compared to the other incarnations. No lower jaw nestled in its hooded cove. My nostalgia levels for Shadowgate shoots way out.  :)

As for gamer sets, I'm personally more into WASD+1 (esc, del/ins, etc.). If anybody wants a gamer for arrow keys well, WASD cluster should be fine (albeit different row profile is not a biggy). MOBA sets though, I dont really see the point personally. They require more caps, getting lost between number+QWERTY is pretty hard, each key having the same texture IMO doesnt really aid spell selection (MOBAs=right time, right spell) also spells have cooldowns (no real need for rapid firew/grip) :S
If only G20's were more prevalent keys could be made with the same profile and just sell them per single :D
Just my 2 cents, but keep on doin you man  :thumb:

I could see how it could get easy to get lost. I like having 2 different sets of Gamers Keys, personally I have the QWERkeys QWER Set that has a rougher texture than the rest of my keys and the Corsair Curved profile for ASD. Having both makes them pretty easy to find. For the Brocaps WASD I like them a lot for the texture but would love an OEM profile with the same curved profile as the Corsair set.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 19:28:09 »

Looking to hopefully have all shipping completed this week. Will update if that changes :)

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know Bro. I cant wait to see them!

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 01:26:02 »

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know Bro. I cant wait to see them!

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 20:41:53 »
Amazing post bro, thanks for the update - and looking forward to what you have next in store. I always am truly impressed with the quality and effort that goes into your work - and I've seen that first hand with your strive for perfection with our work together with the TMX, you won't settle for anything less.
 :-*
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline kingslenkds

• www.hammerclub.org
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 04:45:31 »

Said, well , I would have been concerned about and support it, Mr. BRO Death I have received , very beautiful. I want to have more to suggest to you, just now thinking a little messy , so I collated suggestions it again !
Often make the chests are wei spark, the world only intensity (life is alive, waiting to die)

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 05:36:39 »

Said, well , I would have been concerned about and support it, Mr. BRO Death I have received , very beautiful. I want to have more to suggest to you, just now thinking a little messy , so I collated suggestions it again !

ty mr bro death

Offline braidn

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 08:35:06 »
Thanks for the update Bro! I say do what makes yah happy. I have really enjoyed the past Brobot V2 sales (Classic Reaper included) but, also love that sculpt so dearly. Here is to whatever comes next; Brobot or not, it will be amazing.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 09:19:40 »

ty mr bro death

No he means mr. bro make death. he also make foxconn worker.  also works are including bone pirate and facetree.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 09:47:20 »

ty mr bro death

Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline snapdarty

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 17:12:43 »
I love the gamer keys and totally support the QWER+ASDF format. That's what I'm shooting for with my reapers n gamers WASD + 420 gamer caps when the latter arrive. One thing I think could be cool for the gamer sets is a "homing" key in the R2/R3 profile with a different texture. This could be useful for differentiating special functions in game, such as ultimates in Overwatch or MOBAs. I'd really love a scooped Q for my ultimate in Overwatch just for a bit of physical differentiation from the other keys. Keep up the good work, Bro. I look forward to more GAMERZ in the future.

Offline kingslenkds

• www.hammerclub.org
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 09:12:55 »

ty mr bro death
Good embarrassment
Often make the chests are wei spark, the world only intensity (life is alive, waiting to die)

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 10:00:19 »
Def would like to see BBv2 again! Bring reaper v1 too please!

OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline DukeMugen

• +1
« Reply #84 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 22:46:25 »
TMX full gamer set (qwerasdf) YES PLEASE!  ;D
let me check my wallet.

Offline cmd

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 06 June 2016, 14:12:56 »
<3 you and love your caps! I am pleased to say that I think the reaper v1 is by far my favorite. idk what it is, but its a thing of beauty and I am not even into skulls and stuff. Also have a deep love for Gamer or MOBA sets, I hope these end up staying...

Offline shinz0

• i was told there would be cake
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 22:26:25 »
The only Bro I have is a Reaper Classic. I actually don't mind having the taller key. For some reason, I find myself resting a finger on the taller key (almost as if it were a little finger throne) when i'm just browsing around. Aesthetically, the tallness of it kind of takes away from the board as a whole, but the dual functionality of having a taller escape key gives me the finger resting seat and quicker access to the escape key when I need it.

I'm a big fan of the BBv2's. Its clean lines and strong design has won me over and it's an absolute must have for me at this point. As an enthusiast who has gotten in the game late, it's been really difficult trying to get any BroBots without giving up anything less than my first born. I'm terribly excited at the future opportunity to finally score a BB from Bro himself.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 05:42:31 »
The only Bro I have is a Reaper Classic. I actually don't mind having the taller key. For some reason, I find myself resting a finger on the taller key (almost as if it were a little finger throne) when i'm just browsing around. Aesthetically, the tallness of it kind of takes away from the board as a whole, but the dual functionality of having a taller escape key gives me the finger resting seat and quicker access to the escape key when I need it.

I'm a big fan of the BBv2's. Its clean lines and strong design has won me over and it's an absolute must have for me at this point. As an enthusiast who has gotten in the game late, it's been really difficult trying to get any BroBots without giving up anything less than my first born. I'm terribly excited at the future opportunity to finally score a BB from Bro himself.

Hang in there - there are competitions from time to time with a chance of winning one.  On rare occasions someone might do a giveaway.  They do turn up in classifieds sometimes, although don't last long.  And if you've got a bottomless wallet you can always look on eBay.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 18:30:21 »
DSA gamer set that matches Deep Space maybe? :rolleyes:

DSA LOVE :cool:

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 18:51:31 »
Looking forward to more v2 stumps and hopefully more purple everything :P

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck