Author Topic: CM Storm Novatouch Tour (Tour Over)  (Read 105392 times)

Offline chocomarshmello

Re: CM Storm Novatouch Tour (Signups for Alpha R2 Open)
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 08:18:30 »
Is this a USA only thing?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #301 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 08:19:04 »

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #302 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 08:19:46 »
Go ahead and remove me too. I own topre boards, so really don't need to be involved with the tour. Plus I'll be moving soon.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #303 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 17:13:34 »
So I'm not sure what's going on. Tracking number from strict says the board was dropped off at my apartment but I never got anything. Talked to the PO and they couldn't find it immediately. Going to go talk to them again tomorrow and see what's up. Sorry for the delays everyone.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 May 2015, 17:22:46 by CPTBadAss »

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #304 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 20:05:21 »
So I'm not sure what's going on. Tracking number from strict says the board was dropped off at my apartment but I never got anything. Talked to the PO and they couldn't find it immediately. Going to go talk to them again tomorrow and see what's up. Sorry for the delays everyone.

Let me know if there's anything I can do. Hopefully it turns up.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline omen7288

« Reply #305 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 21:07:55 »

I recently had my Birth certificate overnighted to me because of emergency/expedited Passport needs. UPS DELIVERED IT to the neighbors side entrance which was clearly labeled a different unit. I remember seeing "delivered" status online and went outside, took 2 hours and calls to ups back and forth with driver to end up wandering around my neighborhood looking for it. Freaking anxiety attack.

Hope you find out where it is. I hope you called, and they contacted driver etc.
Planck MX Blue
Keycool PBT
RK-9000I MX Blues, Vortex PBTRK-9000 MX Blues

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #306 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 07:34:02 »

I recently had my Birth certificate overnighted to me because of emergency/expedited Passport needs. UPS DELIVERED IT to the neighbors side entrance which was clearly labeled a different unit. I remember seeing "delivered" status online and went outside, took 2 hours and calls to ups back and forth with driver to end up wandering around my neighborhood looking for it. Freaking anxiety attack.

Hope you find out where it is. I hope you called, and they contacted driver etc.

I've had this problem with Fedex and UPS before. It's actually written into their procedure to leave your package with a neighbor if you aren't home.Ridiculous.

If you live in an apartment they might have dropped it off with one of your neighbors or at the office.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #307 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 10:21:31 »
Yeah I asked the office and there was nothing. Going to try asking my neighbors next. Not actually sure if they dropped it off because you can drop off packages at my complex. The doors are locked and the mailboxes are outside so I'm fairly sure they didnt' leave it sitting outside. Hunting it down today.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #308 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 10:54:40 »
So the carrier doesn't recall where it is but he didn't leave it outside. The PO itself can't find it. But since I haven't picked it up, and both parties are pretty sure it's lost at the PO building, I think the package will eventually be returned to sender. When that happens it should be scanned outgoing and I can track it like that. I'm going to try and catch another carrier this week. Still don't have the first board in hand though.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #309 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 15:46:49 »
So the carrier doesn't recall where it is but he didn't leave it outside. The PO itself can't find it. But since I haven't picked it up, and both parties are pretty sure it's lost at the PO building, I think the package will eventually be returned to sender. When that happens it should be scanned outgoing and I can track it like that. I'm going to try and catch another carrier this week. Still don't have the first board in hand though.

Bummer

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #310 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 16:53:08 »

Gotta love our wonderful postal service  :rolleyes:

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #311 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 01:05:50 »
*golfclap* Good job, post office. -_-;
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #312 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 08:28:50 »
I'm going to give it another week and then speak with the manager and call the regional distribution hubs. Maybe they package is elsewhere?

* CPTBadAss sighs

If anyone has any ideas or tips, please let me know. I do have a second Novatouch that I can mail out but I'm going to bring it to Keycon.

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
« Reply #313 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 08:39:18 »
I'm going to give it another week and then speak with the manager and call the regional distribution hubs. Maybe they package is elsewhere?

* CPTBadAss sighs

If anyone has any ideas or tips, please let me know. I do have a second Novatouch that I can mail out but I'm going to bring it to Keycon.

Was it insured?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #314 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 08:40:39 »
Was it insured?

Yes but that gets me 1/4 of the money back and I want the keyboard.

Offline greath

« Reply #315 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 08:58:49 »
Was it insured?

Yes but that gets me 1/4 of the money back and I want the keyboard.

Oh no doubt, I was just curious.

Apparently the "Delivered" scan logs the GPS of where the scan was taken. Maybe the Post Master can give you more information based on the GPS location?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #316 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 09:04:35 »
Oh really?? That's good to know. Thanks for that info greath!

Offline greath

« Reply #317 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 09:21:17 »
Any news on the board? Excited about the possibility of getting into R2 because I've got no local place to try out topre :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #318 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 08:51:23 »
No I haven't heard anything. I'll ask once more this weekend then I'll just have to call the first board a wash. I still have a second novatouch though. We'll just have to wait again.

I'm really sorry for the delays and inconvenience everyone.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #319 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 10:05:18 »
A long overdue update:

I've now lost this package and I've had another package returned. My local post office is apparently ****ing up big time.

I've talked to my actual carrier twice and complained.

I've had two people at the post office itself look for my package. Including the manager.

I still don't have the original Novatouch in hand. I'm still hoping strict will get it returned to him.

Tuesday I'm going to complain to the manager again and see if there's someone high up I can complain to. It's looking more and more like I'm just going to have to cash in the $50 insurance and consider the first Novatouch as a loss.

Sorry for the slow updates and progress everyone. I do have the second Novatouch in hand and I haven't forgotten about this. Just been playing the waiting game with everyone I've contacted because everyone tells me to wait or that they need time to look.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #320 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 09:40:13 »
Bad news: I cannot locate the first Novatouch and put in a claim to try and get money from the insurance. I've spent hours talking to the manager of the PO, PO workers, carriers, etc. I cannot locate this and it's been long enough if it were returned, it would have been there by now.

I'm swamped this week with work and real life stuff but I will get this back on track with the other Novatouch I have left. The order will just have to continue as is. If you've been waiting for this, I'm truly sorry for the delays. I'll be sending out PMs asking who is still interested soon. Thanks for being patient with this. Again, I'm really bummed USPS lost the board. My local PO has been slipping lately and I had a talk with the Postmaster the other day to straighten things out.

Offline greath

Re: CM Storm Novatouch Tour (Regrouping)
« Reply #321 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 09:46:21 »
Sad to hear that.

I think raising insurance from $50 to $150 is only $2-3. Maybe we should require $150 insurance for the next round? I would imagine most people (myself included) would not mind the extra costs compared to being able to try out the board for simply the cost of shipping.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #322 on: Thu, 28 May 2015, 09:50:42 »
I think that might be a good idea. At least if the board is lost again, we can recoup the money and I can run to Microcenter to buy a replacement.

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #323 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 09:11:57 »
Sad to hear that.

I think raising insurance from $50 to $150 is only $2-3. Maybe we should require $150 insurance for the next round? I would imagine most people (myself included) would not mind the extra costs compared to being able to try out the board for simply the cost of shipping.

Not a bad idea honestly. I'd be okay with this. I don't like seeing an angry/upset CPTBadass.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #324 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 12:15:45 »
Just an FYI everyone, last week was busy at work. This week I can't be on GH much and I'm going on vacation at the end of the week. So I will post new information and new guidelines when I'm able to around 6/15/15. If there's any concerns or issues, please PM me. Again, I do have a second board with keycaps so this isn't completely dead. The touring will resume soon.

I just need to tweak some things (probably more insurance) so that we can better replace lost boards. Right now I'm waiting to see if USPS will repay me the insurance money and I'll figure out how to best use that money after.

Once again, if you've been waiting, you've got my sincerest apologies for the delays and issues. I wish I knew how to better manage USPS issues. I'll definitely keep an eye on the tracking numbers more carefully next go around.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #325 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 17:52:43 »
Bad news: I cannot locate the first Novatouch and put in a claim to try and get money from the insurance. I've spent hours talking to the manager of the PO, PO workers, carriers, etc. I cannot locate this and it's been long enough if it were returned, it would have been there by now.

I'm swamped this week with work and real life stuff but I will get this back on track with the other Novatouch I have left. The order will just have to continue as is. If you've been waiting for this, I'm truly sorry for the delays. I'll be sending out PMs asking who is still interested soon. Thanks for being patient with this. Again, I'm really bummed USPS lost the board. My local PO has been slipping lately and I had a talk with the Postmaster the other day to straighten things out.
Well this is a bummer. I guess I can kiss my set of thick PBT from Feng goodbye  :'(
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #326 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 17:53:28 »
Well this is a bummer. I guess I can kiss my set of thick PBT from Feng goodbye  :'(

If and when I get the insurance money from USPS, I will kick you and whomever donated caps back as much money as I can. I'm really sorry.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #327 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 17:58:24 »

If and when I get the insurance money from USPS, I will kick you and whomever donated caps back as much money as I can. I'm really sorry.
No it's all good man, none of it is your fault and you're already going to eat the loss of a board. I'm a little sad but I knew there was risk when I sent them along... GMK Hyperfuse should make me feel a little better  :thumb: I know I hate dealing with the postal service when things go wrong, they have no friggin accountability at all, so I just hope you at least get your insurance claim paid.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #328 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 18:04:00 »
Just to be clear, I was put in charge of these boards after CM Rajiv and Carter donated the boards to mkawa. Feels ****ty either way though :(. Thanks for understanding. I'll still refund the USPS money to those who donated though.

Offline greath

« Reply #329 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 19:59:04 »
I've got some OG ABS beige doubleshots I could throw on the board if you guys wanted. The bottom mods/caps would be off an old lasered set (the doubleshots are off a winkeyless board) and I don't have a matching profile spacebar that would fit. It's also got some shine... so no hurt feelings if they are rejected... but the offer is out there :P

I figured they might still be better than the stock caps, even as a hodge-podge. lol

Let me know if you want me to mail them to you CPT.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #330 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 20:33:56 »
I've got some OG ABS beige doubleshots I could throw on the board if you guys wanted. The bottom mods/caps would be off an old lasered set (the doubleshots are off a winkeyless board) and I don't have a matching profile spacebar that would fit. It's also got some shine... so no hurt feelings if they are rejected... but the offer is out there :P

I figured they might still be better than the stock caps, even as a hodge-podge. lol

Let me know if you want me to mail them to you CPT.

I'll get back to you on that. I've got a bunch of caps that people have once again graciously donated to mkawa. I also worked a really long day and I'm shot so I'm just trying to unwind. Thank you for offering.

I did just get a letter saying that my claim was denied by USPS because it was delivered. They want me to believe it was stolen out of my mailbox....which it never would have fit in. I really hope they weren't stupid enough to leave it on my front steps.

Offline greath

« Reply #331 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 20:19:35 »
Any kind of ETA on the next round CPT?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #332 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 20:24:32 »
I just got back from my vacation today. I'll have new information up this weekend. USPS doesn't want to repay the insurance from the lost board so I'm just going to consider it lost. I've still got a Novatouch with the stock caps, the Star Trek DSA set, imsto's BSP set, and some novelties. I think I'm going to ask that for more insurance and perhaps a signature.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #333 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 20:45:36 »
I've decided I would love to be in on this.  I filled out the form.  What else do I need to do?

Hope you're able to get the insurance issues sorted out!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #334 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 20:47:23 »
I've decided I would love to be in on this.  I filled out the form.  What else do I need to do?

Hope you're able to get the insurance issues sorted out!

That's all you need to do for now. I've been slacking on this so I'll get updates in the OP out by Sunday night.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: CM Storm Novatouch Tour (Tour begins again 6/29/15)
« Reply #335 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 20:08:08 »
OP has been updated with what I have in hand. USPS refuses to reimburse me for the insurance on the last keyboard so I'm not sure if buying extra insurance even matters. I think I'm going to run it as is a be much more diligent about keeping an eye on tracking numbers.

Tour restarts in a week. If you're still interested or would like to be taken off the list, please let me know. I'll also send out a PM verifying your interest. The current list is too long so I won't be taking any more participants. If things change I'll post here.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #336 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 20:10:44 »
OP has been updated with what I have in hand. USPS refuses to reimburse me for the insurance on the last keyboard so I'm not sure if buying extra insurance even matters. I think I'm going to run it as is a be much more diligent about keeping an eye on tracking numbers.

Tour restarts in a week. If you're still interested or would like to be taken off the list, please let me know. I'll also send out a PM verifying your interest. The current list is too long so I won't be taking any more participants. If things change I'll post here.
You can remove me from the list.  I have sampled a few different types of Topre since signing up on the list.  This way some other ppl can try it out sooner.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #337 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 20:13:01 »
You can remove me from the list.  I have sampled a few different types of Topre since signing up on the list.  This way some other ppl can try it out sooner.

Got it, thank you.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #338 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 20:13:52 »

Got it, thank you.
No, thank you  ;)

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #339 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 20:57:57 »
Sure, keep me on the list.
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline osi

« Reply #340 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 06:40:12 »
CPT - I'm still down to be on the tour!

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #341 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 19:43:37 »

I'm still interested! :cool:

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #342 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 21:20:21 »
Form sent. Mostly want in because I haven't tried 45g topre and really want to see this board in person.

I've had this problem with Fedex and UPS before. It's actually written into their procedure to leave your package with a neighbor if you aren't home.Ridiculous.

If you live in an apartment they might have dropped it off with one of your neighbors or at the office.

Have lived this experience. Very frustrating especially when neighbors are on a completely different schedule than you are. Lately everything is through "UPS Mail Innovations" for me, meaning USPS takes over. Hate it especially when retailers offer UPS/Fedex as a shipping option.

Lucky me, the way my condo is set up is 2 to a floor. So I immediately know who has my package  :p

....or worse, it'll be sent over to the "other" address. I get some other guy's mail who also has the same address number as me and lives 1 street over. A short walk, but we both hate the post office together.

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #343 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 21:23:45 »
Chiming in, been crazy busy over the last 6 months. Just getting back from ComputeX and resurfacing. Can anyone give me some quick cliffs and do we need to throw another board or 2 into the mix? 

Speaking of other boards....

Should we maybe discuss Quickfire XTi Tour, starting maybe....now?

More people need to be exposed to greeeenz
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 June 2015, 21:51:51 by Carter »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #344 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 21:39:37 »
Chiming in, been crazy busy over the last 6 months. Just getting back from ComputeX and resurfacing. Can anyone give me some quick cliffs and do we need to throw in another board into the mix? 

Speaking of other boards....

Should we maybe discuss Quickfire XTi Tour, starting maybe....now?

Tour went well but it was lost by USPS when it was on it's way back to me. Was going to have two concurrent Novatouches running at once. Now I only have one in hand. USPS refuses to admit fault and won't even give me insurance money back.

I haven't heard anything about the QFR XTi.

Have lived this experience. Very frustrating especially when neighbors are on a completely different schedule than you are. Lately everything is through "UPS Mail Innovations" for me, meaning USPS takes over. Hate it especially when retailers offer UPS/Fedex as a shipping option.

Lucky me, the way my condo is set up is 2 to a floor. So I immediately know who has my package  :p

....or worse, it'll be sent over to the "other" address. I get some other guy's mail who also has the same address number as me and lives 1 street over. A short walk, but we both hate the post office together.

None of my neighbors have it nor does my landlady.

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #345 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 18:19:25 »
CPT - You can take me off the list. I recently had the opportunity to try the Novatouch at my local Micro Center in Columbus. I had no idea Micro Center carried such a wide variety of great keyboards. If anyone has a Micro Center near them I would highly recommend going out and taking a look.

I was very impressed with this keyboard. My wife typed on it too and I think her first impression is the best way I can describe it too. "Soft and smooth". The travel is smooth and when you bottom-out the key you are greeted with a nice soft landing. I'd highly recommend it. I think this may be one of my favorite keyboards to date.

Needless to say I am picking me up one of these boards. When Hyperfuse is delivered I'll most likely be  using it with this keyboard. :cool:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #346 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 18:21:51 »
Sounds good. I have always suggested Microcenter as a great place to try out keyboards. Glad it worked out for you too awhitedev :).

Offline osman99

• follow the smoke to the riff filled land
« Reply #347 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 18:45:38 »
wow looks like I forgot to write a review, better late than never I guess :)) .So to put it briefly I loved the keyboard, it was light while still having a solid feel behind it. I loved that because I could feel every keypress and be confident that it went through, it seems like a small issue to worry about but the way I game and type involves a lot of smashing, and I prefer the lighter experience while having some resistance. Honestly if I wasnt broke I would get a hhkb just for the topre feel while being portable (cm get on a 60% novatouch please). I personally was doubting I would like the experience of a half rubber dome but the novatouch blew my expectations out of the water

Offline greath

« Reply #348 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 08:34:01 »
Sounds good. I have always suggested Microcenter as a great place to try out keyboards. Glad it worked out for you too awhitedev :).

I know they don't have them at my local microcenter. I don't see them on microcenter's website either. Do you know if they'd take a special order and return? :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #349 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 08:44:52 »

I know they don't have them at my local microcenter. I don't see them on microcenter's website either. Do you know if they'd take a special order and return? :)

I don't know.