Author Topic: Elite Keyboards stock  (Read 9781 times)

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
Re: Elite Keyboards stock
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 20:58:01 »
Shipped! Should be here tomorrow.  Just received my Leopold today so should be interesting to compare them.

Yay!

I know both the Leo and RF are both metal plated...but I think once you get the Realforce you will fall head over heels for it.  ;D

Offline kinetic

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 21:36:38 »
Ha. Guess we'll see!

I did notice that the Leopold has an uneven sheen on the keycaps...like certain parts of the cap are slightly shinier than other parts.   Does that make sense?  And is that typical of PBT and/or dyesub caps?  The ABS spacebar doesn't have this.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 23:02:48 »
Ha. Guess we'll see!

I did notice that the Leopold has an uneven sheen on the keycaps...like certain parts of the cap are slightly shinier than other parts.   Does that make sense?  And is that typical of PBT and/or dyesub caps?  The ABS spacebar doesn't have this.

If it's the middle part I would guess it's due to the way light is reflecting off the caps. I will have a look at my RF and HHKB tomorrow but as far as general shine goes, I haven't heard of this being common.... PBT caps don't shine as quickly as ABS caps do, though if you have oily hands this will speed up the process.

Offline kinetic

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 00:27:06 »
Ha. Guess we'll see!

If it's the middle part I would guess it's due to the way light is reflecting off the caps. I will have a look at my RF and HHKB tomorrow but as far as general shine goes, I haven't heard of this being common.... PBT caps don't shine as quickly as ABS caps do, though if you have oily hands this will speed up the process.

Yea it looked like that right when I took it out of the package.  I don't think it's just reflections due to the shape, since the pattern doesn't look spherical.  Now keep in mind this isn't entirely noticeable.. just only if you look at it at the right angle.  I just wanted to make sure I didn't get a used board!

Offline Cebu

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 09:10:50 »
Ordered a uniform 55g 87u yesterday. Should be getting it next week, I hope the hurricane doesn't delay it. Topre club here I come. :thumb:

Offline kinetic

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 14:46:01 »
Got my 55g today and just started using it at work.  Have to say... it's niiiice.  I think I need to buy more.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 10:44:49 »
Has anyone ever bought a new Realforce from eBay?  Just wondering which sellers on there would be good to purchase from (if not now, then in the future).

i purchased this yesterday (Realforce SE18T0 - US $262.99, FREE Economy Int'l Shipping): http://www.ebay.com/itm/111778667455?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
(i've also worked out a bonus deal, i'm pretty sure i'm not allowed to discuss.)

the seller was very quick to answer my messages and he immediately worked out the issues. despite his engrish, communication was actually very good.
now, the keyboard hasn't actually arrived yet, so i can't vouch for the seller just yet. but, so far, it looks great.

Sounds promising.  Let me know what happens when you get the board!

this is probably already irrelevant, but i just received it and well, what can i say, it's the real deal :cool:
however it did not come with red esc or purple WASD. ( i've read in another thread that all newer batches don't include them :( )
anyway, this RF cost me $262, while a RF from elitekeyboards would cost me $362
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline kinetic

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 14:15:14 »
Has anyone ever bought a new Realforce from eBay?  Just wondering which sellers on there would be good to purchase from (if not now, then in the future).

i purchased this yesterday (Realforce SE18T0 - US $262.99, FREE Economy Int'l Shipping): http://www.ebay.com/itm/111778667455?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
(i've also worked out a bonus deal, i'm pretty sure i'm not allowed to discuss.)

the seller was very quick to answer my messages and he immediately worked out the issues. despite his engrish, communication was actually very good.
now, the keyboard hasn't actually arrived yet, so i can't vouch for the seller just yet. but, so far, it looks great.

Sounds promising.  Let me know what happens when you get the board!

this is probably already irrelevant, but i just received it and well, what can i say, it's the real deal :cool:
however it did not come with red esc or purple WASD. ( i've read in another thread that all newer batches don't include them :( )
anyway, this RF cost me $262, while a RF from elitekeyboards would cost me $362

Thanks for the update and glad to hear that you got a good board.  My 55g did not come with any extra keys besides the usual Ctrl + Caps Lock, so you're not alone!