Author Topic: IBM rubberdome keycaps that fit Model M/Unicomp?  (Read 2311 times)

Offline jkercado

• Green XM clickclacker
IBM rubberdome keycaps that fit Model M/Unicomp?
« on: Thu, 23 August 2012, 20:14:42 »
I'd love to put black keycaps with white letters on my black Unicomp Ultra Classic. Is there a set of rubber dome keycaps that fit the buckling springs, something I can get for relatively cheap?

Thanks!

Ducky 1087XM Green | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black | IBM M4 | 1989 IBM Model M | Genius i200 | Cherry G84-4100 | Microsoft Arc Keyboard

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: IBM rubberdome keycaps that fit Model M/Unicomp?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 23 August 2012, 20:42:29 »
Probably not. The buckling spring resides in the barrel of the key, and its compartment has to be "just so" in order for it to buckle properly.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline jkercado

• Green XM clickclacker
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 23 August 2012, 22:56:06 »
Dang. I'd really love black keys with white letters. My black Ultra Classic would look even better, and a touch more modern. Blank black keys are a little bit too pretentious for me.

Ducky 1087XM Green | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black | IBM M4 | 1989 IBM Model M | Genius i200 | Cherry G84-4100 | Microsoft Arc Keyboard

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 23 August 2012, 23:34:59 »
Dang. I'd really love black keys with white letters. My black Ultra Classic would look even better, and a touch more modern. Blank black keys are a little bit too pretentious for me.
You can get one of those really rare and expensive IBM M13's. Some were made with black keycaps and white font, though they were notorious for wearing off quickly, I believe.

Also, blank black modifiers look pretty good with gray keys.
http://imm.io/BM26