Author Topic: Post your switch tester!  (Read 23405 times)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Re: Post your switch tester!
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 10:28:44 »
Much GEEK HACK.

Very colour.

Such patriotic.

Wow!

(Attachment Link)

Very nice! I need to put all of my GH caps together!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 18:47:01 »
Much GEEK HACK.

Very colour.

Such patriotic.

Wow!

(Attachment Link)

Very nice! I need to put all of my GH caps together!

That is not all of mine :p

Only the MX ones I got in Bunny's GB.  I've got half a dozen or so other ones :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 20 July 2014, 01:52:27 »
Very switch tester.

So rainbow.

71650-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline The feel is of the keys!

• Click
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 01:53:27 »
Not exactly an impressive tester, but it works.  :thumb:

Green | Brown 80g | Red 80g

Offline twiddle

• Portfolio
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 06:08:22 »
A bit more info about the switches that are on the plates you've been cannibalizing (or at least, some really close-to-identical ones also on ebay):
http://imgur.com/a/Kdu7f
Apparently possibly made by NEC.
I've got a 5x5 one I'm using to do some testing on custom controllers/firmware while I wait for my massive PCB order to arrive from Sprit.

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 12:35:04 »
Decided to snap my new QWER V2 today and try out my new camera lens in the process

Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline tanker666

• Izaayaaa!
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 11:00:51 »
My QWER8 hooked up to a teensy 2.0  :p

I know, the soldering is not the prettiest. :rolleyes:

PurePro

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 04:30:55 »
Show Image

Show Image

That's great!

I haven't seen a QWER switch tester modded like that before :)

Offline tanker666

• Izaayaaa!
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 08:06:38 »
Show Image

Show Image

That's great!

I'm planning to build a custom 60% but before that I wanted to try out the soldering and the programming of teensy and learn what mistakes should I avoid in the future.
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 November 2014, 08:12:49 by tanker666 »

PurePro

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 15:47:26 »
Nice !

Only got this one (posted elsewhere already, collated here for the record):

Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 17:57:50 »
Show Image

Show Image

That's great!

I'm planning to build a custom 60% but before that I wanted to try out the soldering and the programming of teensy and learn what mistakes should I avoid in the future.

And an excellent platform it turned out for experimenting!

Nice !

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

I remember that one - extremely well done :)

Offline tanker666

• Izaayaaa!
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 18:06:51 »
Show Image

Show Image

That's great!

And an excellent platform it turned out for experimenting!

Nice !

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

I remember that one - extremely well done :)
I like this one better than mine,because it has leds.  :p
Gotta add some leds to mine (for the sake of experimenting of course).  ;D

PurePro

Offline tbc

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 01:50:40 »
i swear i posted this here already....

81943-0

my switch tester bites back :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 November 2014, 02:34:31 by tbc »
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 19:33:25 »
82858-0

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 22:47:33 »
Potato pic of mine - just waiting on some clear caps to come in. All the current MX flavors, with a double helping of MX Greens.

Linear - Red, Black, Grey
Tactile - Brown, Clear, Grey
Tactile Clicky - Blue, White, Green

Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 10:02:08 »
Added some keycaps :

Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline Tasker

• Gizmo Bazaar
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 09:43:14 »
I was really tempted by qwer.io's QWER8 (http://www.qwer.io/shop/switch-testers/qwer8-v2-mx-switch-testing-kit/) but it's out of stock and their webstore seems to be between distributors.
Don't suppose anyone here knows anything about when they might be back up and running or any other places you can buy them from?

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 10:17:37 »
I was really tempted by qwer.io's QWER8 (http://www.qwer.io/shop/switch-testers/qwer8-v2-mx-switch-testing-kit/) but it's out of stock and their webstore seems to be between distributors.
Don't suppose anyone here knows anything about when they might be back up and running or any other places you can buy them from?
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=64120.0

Offline Tasker

• Gizmo Bazaar
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 16:30:11 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=64120.0

Dang, that sucks. Thanks for letting me know though, trizkut