Author Topic: Aviator connectors and any other viable connectors  (Read 757 times)

Offline Aekue

• n͛ͥͫu̇͊̋gͫͭ͘gͬ̈́ͨe̅ͬ̚ts
Aviator connectors and any other viable connectors
« on: Tue, 06 April 2021, 12:25:04 »
Aviator connectors
The 5 connectors I know of are:
  • GX16
  • GX12
  • YC8
  • XLR-Mini
  • LEMO style (extremely expensive)

My question is: What other types of connectors are there (that could be feasibly used as connectors)
I had a look around at different connectors but the aerospace industry doesn't particularly like to say what connectors there are and certainly doesn't have easy access for purchase.

I found GX20 and GX30 and really liked the look of the GX30 connector but it is massive i'm pretty sure (however you can get in 4 pin style so it would be pretty funny to see this on a cable, please message me if someone does it), so that's a little annoying but i also found lots of other connectors mainly on peigenesis but none of them had the same style as the LEMO connectors, I particularly like the look of the LEMO M connector but have no clue as to the diameter. If anyone knows of any other viable connectors that would be great.

I am extremely new to geekhack and so my formatting is garbage (pls don't bully me)
new to keebs and cant type fast

Offline Aekue

• n͛ͥͫu̇͊̋gͫͭ͘gͬ̈́ͨe̅ͬ̚ts
Re: Aviator connectors and any other viable connectors
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 07:59:48 »
Ok after looking at RS components for a while I have discovered that I am massively out of my depth and this is far more complex than I thought, things like A, B and C type connectors and many other technical specifications I have no clue on how it works. if anyone could translate this into baby speak so I can understand it that would be useful.
new to keebs and cant type fast