Author Topic: [IC] GEN ONE 65 (65% Gasket Mount Keyboard) (UPDATED)  (Read 5398 times)

Offline genone

• Owner of GEN ONE MERCH
    • Gen One Merch
[IC] GEN ONE 65 (65% Gasket Mount Keyboard) (UPDATED)
« on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 22:51:44 »
Hello Everyone! We are a new keyboard company called GEN ONE and this is our first post on geekhack. We are a team of 4 dedicated individuals in Miami, Florida. We would like to introduce our very fist keyboard called Gen One 65.
265159-0

265157-1

265162-2

265173-3

265175-4

We have been working on this keyboard for about a year and a half now and it has undergone major major changes throughout the year. It was originally named Eclipse-65 and was featured on both Taeha Types and Alexotos Twitch channels. After hearing community feedback we decided to hold off putting our keyboard through a group buy/ Pre-order and work on the design and the mount type. After Three months of redesigning, we believe we have come with an overall better keyboard. 

Case Features
- Gasket Mount (poron adhesive strips)
- Two tone color (Matte Black being the bottom case)
- Anodized Aluminum
- 7o angle
- Case Weight: 1.18 Kg / 2.6 lbs.
Update (3/23/21)
- Side Bezels are 5 mm
- Front and Back Bezels are 9.5 mm
- Front Case Height is 20.5 mm (.8 inches)
- Keyboard Length is 32 cm (12.6 inches)
- Keyboard width is 11.8 cm (4.6 inches)
- Internal Depth of the case is 18 mm

PCB
The PCB is solderable only. It has a 65% ANSI layout that uses 68 keys. Our previous keyboard is already QMK compatible. We are currently working on changing the name and adding VIA compatibility, this should be completed before the keyboard goes to group buy.
Update (3/23/2021)
We did a small redesign of the PCB on our AutoCAD software to include multiple bottom row layouts. We will post a screenshot of the PCB 3D model . We will be ordering the new PCB to make sure the changes are working 100% and if we get a chance we will post some photos.

265164-5

265166-6

Layout
Currently, there is only one layout. I have just read a couple of comments in regards to having multiple bottom row layouts. We are going to work on this aspect of the PCB this week and will update this post as soon as possible.
Update (3/23/2021)
Updated the PCB to include various bottom row layouts.

265169-7

Colors

To keep the price more affordable we are going to offer two common colors, a full Matte Black and Red top/ Black bottom keyboard. (Less expensive option)

We are also making the third option. Where people get to choose the color of their choice from the provided color chart below. The color chart was provided by our Anodizing manufacturer. (More expensive option)

265171-8

Release and Pricing

- Currently not available, we are trying to start the preorders/group buy by Beginning/Mid-April. We will also be sending them to streamers soon.
- If you choose one of the two standard colors offered the price of the keyboard is $270.
- If you choose a color from the chart the price of the keyboard is $370.

More Information / Links
- We will try to answer as many questions as possible. Some of the links below contain more pictures and information.

Website: https://www.genonemerch.com ( For more information)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/genonemerch/  (For more Pictures and content)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/genonemerch  (For the latest news, we try to keep people informed with the most recent activity)
Discord: https://discord.com/invite/J2TRQXMymq (For the latest news)

« Last Edit: Tue, 23 March 2021, 22:31:14 by genone »

Offline of_sam

Re: [IC] GEN ONE 65
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 22:53:37 »
Team of 4 and a year and a half only to not post pictures in the IC  :cool: They Fixed.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 March 2021, 23:38:05 by of_sam »
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 22:54:47 »
Team of 4 and a year and a half only to not post pictures in the IC  :cool:

Dude, I'm looking over and over... thinking surely there's something I missed.

looks like they fixed it.  Das a shiny keeb.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 March 2021, 23:03:14 by pixelpusher »

Offline dandruff

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 23:02:02 »

Prior to this... I thought I'd never agree with you! Times have changed... 

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 23:03:52 »
Das a lot of colors

Offline santela

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 23:07:10 »
Given you already have a prototype, why not post more than two pictures of the actual board? What does the bottom look like? Side profile? Front height? What layouts are supported? What is the internal structure? A lot more information should be provided if you want the GB to be successful.

Offline Little4Real

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 23:08:56 »
Any chance you can offer more bottom-row layout options than "1.25/1.25/1.25/6.25/1/1/1"?

For a lot of us, that bottom-row kitting is simply unusable. Something similar to the photo I attached, would be much better for a lot of us.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 March 2021, 23:17:44 by Little4Real »

Offline genone

• Owner of GEN ONE MERCH
    • Gen One Merch
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 23:09:27 »

Dude, I'm looking over and over... thinking surely there's something I missed.

looks like they fixed it.  Das a shiny keeb.
Sorry for the early pictures, it only allowed me to attach 1 image at a time then save the post then attach another image.

Offline blazingsun21

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 04:24:11 »
Are there no layout options despite being a solder PCB? Stepped caps and non-3x1u for right mods beside spacebar, are both options that would have been nice to have

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 11:07:47 »
Sorry for the early pictures, it only allowed me to attach 1 image at a time then save the post then attach another image.

Nothing to apologise for really, if someone's going to be snide about the lack of attachments to try and be funny literally 2 minutes after your initial post then that's their prerogative. Didn't take you long to fix it either.

Board looks great, I'd like to see what the red for the standard edition looks like at some point. Good job!