Author Topic: [IC] Sona themed keycaps  (Read 3884 times)

Offline ray160

[IC] Sona themed keycaps
« on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 21:45:26 »
Just something I threw together.
205221-0
Sona from League of Legends is my fav game char. I know it is not a game everyone plays or likes (even I am playing it much less), but I have had a lot of memorable moments with this character. I have made and lost many friends while playing her a little too much.
The colors are according to the PMK color codes:
  • Yellow: YCB
  • Light blue: BFN
  • Dark blue: BFK
I am not very good at color matching and this was my first attempt. I know it looks similar to SA Dasher/Dancer but I think the blues will be different enough. (I would like it to be more different but I can't quite get the blues right).
Below is a pic of Sona for reference.
205223-1
If you have any suggestions please let me know!
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 October 2018, 21:50:25 by ray160 »

Offline Rubbermilitia

Re: [IC] Sona themed keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 21:50:27 »
Way to similar to dasher dancer but besides that I feel like you need blue purple green yellow for her 4 abilities ;)

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 21:52:40 »
"I have had a lot of memorable moments with this character" lmfao me too but with ahri XD

Offline ray160

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 21:53:47 »
Yeah the colors currently are similar to Dasher/Dancer. I want to make the dark blue slightly darker to match with her dress a bit better but everything I tried ended up with a purple hue. And the lighter blue I would like to lean a little more towards blue cuz it's currently a little too green.
The abilities are a great idea! If this idea goes anywhere I'll try to make novelties for it. The novelties could also include phrases she says or music related words.
Thank you for the suggestion!

Edit: added part about lighter blue (I have not taken color theory)
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 October 2018, 21:57:16 by ray160 »

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 21:57:06 »
Yeah the colors currently are similar to Dasher/Dancer. I want to make the dark blue slightly darker to match with her dress a bit better but everything I tried ended up with a purple hue. And the lighter blue I would like to lean a little more towards a pale blue.
The abilities are a great idea! If this idea goes anywhere I'll try to make novelties for it. The novelties could also include phrases she says or music related words.
Thank you for the suggestion!

Edit: added part about lighter blue

Only you can type on me summoner :3

Offline ray160

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 21:59:01 »

Actually, a keyboard themed around her instrument (etwahl) might look nice

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 22:04:18 »

Actually, a keyboard themed around her instrument (etwahl) might look nice

Yeah there is a lack of yellow/gold sets but I feel like that's because it's hard to match to a board. Or you can do DJ SONA and make a rainbow **** fest set

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 22:09:47 »
just nautilus with dasher/dancer mods

should make it purple and play up the green/purple/blue staccato chord aspect of her kit

Offline ray160

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 22:18:16 »

should make it purple and play up the green/purple/blue staccato chord aspect of her kit
I am trying to change the colors of the blue to make them differ more from other sets but I am not great at color matching. My aim is to make the dark blue darker and richer and the light blue match better with her hair and the light blue on her dress. I want the main theme of the set to be her character with her abilities on the side possibly as novelties.

Offline ray160

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 22:20:05 »

Yeah there is a lack of yellow/gold sets but I feel like that's because it's hard to match to a board. Or you can do DJ SONA and make a rainbow **** fest set
I think DJ Sona would be a lot more plain since her outfit and instrument are pretty much greys with colors as accents. The idea I thought up of would look fairly similar to DSA Groove

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 22:20:31 »

I like this idea cause I like purple sets. But also cause blue is overplayed right now

Offline ray160

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 22:22:28 »

I like this idea cause I like purple sets. But also cause blue is overplayed right now
Yeah there is a lot of blue and red out there currently. I would like to see more green!

Offline young_won

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 00:08:04 »
i want to watch this set novelties

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 10:31:04 »

I am trying to change the colors of the blue to make them differ more from other sets but I am not great at color matching. My aim is to make the dark blue darker and richer and the light blue match better with her hair and the light blue on her dress. I want the main theme of the set to be her character with her abilities on the side possibly as novelties.

use these sites to help you refine your colors

https://html-color-codes.info/colors-from-image/
https://pimpmykeyboard.com/colors/
https://www.canva.com/color-palette/
https://codebeautify.org/hex-to-pantone-converter

I use these when I'm trying to narrow down a palette!